Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,446 members, 7,846,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:09 AM

Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe (20804 Views)

Shell Builds Mega Gas Plant In Aba / Airforce Jet Lands Ganduje In Abuja, To Join Buhari For AKK Gas Project Flag Off / More Gas Resources Discovered Offshore Lagos – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Proudlyomonna: 10:36am On May 07, 2022
Ok so na Imo gas remain wey dem wan thief be dat oo�

Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Help2020: 10:39am On May 07, 2022
Chukapage:
keep wailing your hate induced self has made the internet less credible lol... The height of pain and envy. Maybe you should share your own search engine with us since Google and internet ain't credible again grin
If you're smart enough you should knw there are fake news on the internet, lol.
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Chukapage(m): 10:45am On May 07, 2022
Help2020:
If you're smart enough you should knw there are fake news on the internet, lol.
So from your own REAL news where the gas dey? grin I wan learn from REAL NEWS since everything online is Fake
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Help2020: 10:48am On May 07, 2022
Chukapage:
So from your own REAL news where the gas dey? grin I wan learn from REAL NEWS since everything online is Fake
I never doubted if the gas is in the east or not,but what I'm saying is google search is not enough to verify such cos even fakes news are found on google search.
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Lexusgs430: 10:50am On May 07, 2022
frowland:

UAE population is not up to 1m. The rest of the other 9m are tourists and migrant workers.
Nigeria on the other hand is 180m not counting illegal migrants roaming around the country unchecked. We should even be up to 500m if you ask me.
I get your point though but just saying - you know.

Democracy, or this so called version we are running.... Completely failed Nigerian's ..........

Under the military, things still happened...... But with this corrupt politicians, they simply have stolen it all and further plunged Nigeria into deeper debt profiles......

Servicing the debts, with over 94% of income..... Leaving only 6% to be stolen and spent on projects.......

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by newconnectng1: 10:50am On May 07, 2022
I hope Nigeria can make the most of this opportunity to sell more gas to Europe
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by tctrills: 10:51am On May 07, 2022
successmatters:
South Eastern Nigeria is so rich in natural resources, in Biafra, we won't even remember the oil in Niger Delta, we will be richer than Dubai even without oil.

God has blessed Alaigbo.
Dreams of a fool. Your leader is dying in jail do you want to join him?
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by GiftCardTrade1: 11:14am On May 07, 2022
Not just Nigeria but many other African countries can also utilize this opportunity to sell more gas to Europe
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Nobody: 11:18am On May 07, 2022
Nigeria needs to be bold enough to step into the shoes of russia in being Europe's major supplier of Gas, we tend to get two things as a reward

1. We become a major EU partner, we increase our foreign reserves by making sure all oil deals are made in US dollars

2. We get to stop Putin's invasion once he sees we are meeting the needs of Europe in terms of gas and if Russia decides to buy from us, we insist on them paying in US dollars or Euros

3. if other african countries are made to depend on us for gas, we can have a deterrent in the future! right now, nigeria doesn't have any deterrent for boorish nations that intend to threaten the existence of the country
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Nobody: 11:43am On May 07, 2022
aribisala0:
At current level of consumption in Nigeria we have reserves to LAST US about 300 years

If we industrialize our consumption would expand
Let us imagine we raise our consumption to the level of Mexico

That is 5 times our current consumption 18billion CM X 5 = 90 billion CBM

Not really a big deal in global terms

Then we have gas to last us 60 years

If we use gas at the level of China it is just 20 years gas in the ground

So let us not deceive ourselves about how much gas we have.

We cannot get money from gas that will change our lives

So for me we should forget about export and focus on how to USE MORE GAS AT HOME

Let us be more ambitious for what we can do in Nigeria

For the first time you have spoken well devoid of bigotry. Please more of that abeg
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Nobody: 11:45am On May 07, 2022
aribisala0:

Facts and figures
how much gas are we talking about and where is it exactly?

Dude go and check DPR figures the untapped had reserves in Nigeria are the highest in Imo and Anambra
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Nobody: 11:47am On May 07, 2022
9japride:
They have not told us where the gas will be coming from? I am suspecting Imo state. Why so much concern on Imo state and not other northern states that are having insecurity? A new naval base is about to be setup in Imo state. It's only a diamond that needs protection.

Not only Imo but also Anambra, do you think the violence of UGM before election was for play? The plan was to use this as a pretext to declare state of emergency then remove the governor and conduct the elections and put their person in power.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Nobody: 11:48am On May 07, 2022
Help2020:

I never doubted if the gas is in the east or not,but what I'm saying is google search is not enough to verify such cos even fakes news are found on google search.

Bro of the untapped reserves in Nigeria Imo and Anambra have the largest untapped gas reserves in Nigeria along with condensate.
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by NickD(m): 11:49am On May 07, 2022
Yenefer:
We'll bomb it.

Lol. No gas pipeline is passing through northern Nigeria.
Be deceiving yourself.
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by frowland(m): 12:06pm On May 07, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Democracy, or this do called version we are running.... Completely failed Nigerian's ..........

Under the military, things still happened...... But with this corrupt politicians, they simply have stolen it all and further plunged Nigeria into deeper debt profiles......

Servicing the debts, with over 94% of income..... Leaving only 6% to be stolen and spent on projects.......

You are right bro.
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Help2020: 12:06pm On May 07, 2022
obynzo:

Bro of the untapped reserves in Nigeria Imo and Anambra have the largest untapped gas reserves in Nigeria along with condensate.
I'm not doubting bro
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by pquaver(m): 12:06pm On May 07, 2022
AntiBMC:
This is the reason why they are trying hard to designate IPOB a terrorist group internationally. Cos if Biafra comes, no more free gas money for unproductive parasit£s from the arid region.

Igbos made itself a terrorist group, no one is designating ipob, ipob is doing that by itself, with its own actions..
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by 9japride(m): 12:10pm On May 07, 2022
obynzo:

Not only Imo but also Anambra, do you think the violence of UGM before election was for play? The plan was to use this as a pretext to declare state of emergency then remove the governor and conduct the elections and put their person in power.
[color=#006600][/color]

That's very true, it's all about the money. Politics is really a very dirty game. Anambra is so rich and the agricultural potentials have not been harness from all the eastern states yet. Good will always overcome evil.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by victorv12(m): 12:13pm On May 07, 2022
Nigerians must be very gullible if they think this would benefit them in anyway.
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by LOVEALAIGBO: 12:19pm On May 07, 2022
Lexusgs430:
A project that should have been live since 1960 .........

Nigeria lacks credible forward thinking leaders........

Imagine this pipe running now, Nigeria would be receiving top leaders worldwide, negotiating for our oil/gas ........

Look at Dubai and compare with Nigeria, you would understand the fantastically corrupt shithole, Nigeria truly is......

They will counter back by saying Nigeria is much more populous than Dubai hence the oil proceeds are diluted much more per-capita than is the case with Dubai! Well, shouldn't the so called massive population (as Nigerians like to brag with and give as a reason for us staying together) counter this advantage Dubai has with its tiny population!?
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by LOVEALAIGBO: 12:26pm On May 07, 2022
pquaver:

Igbos made itself a terrorist group, no one is designating ipob, ipob is doing that by itself, with its own actions..

WRONG! The bigoted anti-Igbo Fulani gov't of Buhari wickedly and wrongly designated IPOB as a 'terrorist' group! As they were doing this, the entire world was watching....bemused that the same Buhari gov't chose to overlook the Fulani herdsmen that were actually murdering and terrorising in the middle-belt at the time! Care to mention the specific 'terroristic' acts committed by IPOB before they were wrongly designated as such!?
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by pquaver(m): 12:31pm On May 07, 2022
LOVEALAIGBO:

WRONG! The bigoted anti-Igbo Fulani gov't of Buhari wickedly and wrongly designated IPOB as a 'terrorist' group! As they were doing this, the entire world was watching....bemused that the same Buhari gov't chose to overlook the Fulani herdsmen that were actually murdering and terrorising in the middle-belt at the time! Care to mention the specific 'terroristic' acts committed by IPOB before they were wrongly designated as such!?

Buhari told ipob to burn uzodima house, Joe Igbokwe house, kill traditional rulers, kil roast and people or to kill Fulani and their cows in the forest? You self deception has no redemption.. Well live it while we continue live in the real world where you are terrorists.. Or do u think boko haram think they are terrorists? They are doing their gods work in their mind if you don't know.. You are in same mindset
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Isahalbash(m): 12:33pm On May 07, 2022
Yenefer:
We'll bomb it.

Kin cika neman magana
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by CAPITALBEE: 12:36pm On May 07, 2022
The fact that Nigeria has the largest amount of gas deposit tapped and untapped in Africa today (more than Algeria) doesn't mean the economics of scale favours the country when it comes to taking this ridiculous decision.

As of today, both Algeria and Egypt have better comparative advantage than Nigeria in this regard.

Fix internal troubles before exploiting external options. I understand that long term perspective is very much important and our borrowings have pushed us to a corner which we shouldn't be in the first place but how much more do we need to emphasize that poor decision making over the years have kept this country on a retrogressive pattern.

--------
History never lies... When we had much more inflow of FCY, very little was expended on the needed infrastructure that would spur industrialization. Russia today didn't just focus on sales of gas to European countries, they strategically uplifted industries for which they had comparative advantage. Here, we have since watched many of our comparative advantage become comparative disadvantages. The decisions we should be taking today is not to keep the trajectory on a negative note but on a positive note.

The number of modular refineries (already established) that we have in Nigeria today can meet domestic oil consumption yet we are still very much reliant on other nations refining our crude for us.
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Mrpojj(m): 12:38pm On May 07, 2022
Parachoko:
It seems there is no subsidy on gas supply in Nigeria, but how it got so expensive when a lot of people are now using it is what I do not understand shocked
Gas price increase was just avenue for govt to raise more money
Once govtneed more money they look for something to increase
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by LOVEALAIGBO: 12:55pm On May 07, 2022
pquaver:

Buhari told ipob to burn uzodima house, Joe Igbokwe house, kill traditional rulers, kil roast and people or to kill Fulani and their cows in the forest? You self deception has no redemption.. Well live it while we continue live in the real world where you are terrorists.. Or do u think boko haram think they are terrorists? They are doing their gods work in their mind if you don't know.. You are in same mindset

Fool, where is your proof that IPOB ordered the burning of those efulefus houses? Or you think it's just card-carrying members of IPOB that are disgusted with their house-nigger, stockholm-syndrome actions!? I concede it's more than likely their houses were burnt down by Igbo elements...but i await your proof that IPOB had a hand in it!

The senseless murders in the south-east: killing of local chiefs and recording the murders and cannibalism of innocent victims....ALL THOSE WERE CARRIED OUT BY EVIL, CANNIBALISTIC AGENTS OF THE DESPICABLE MUSLIM NORTH HEGEMONY! Accept that or go hang! Also, any 'innocent' Fulani murdered in forests in the south-east after they had been adviced to leave....i've not heard of any reports of this, but if it did happen then it's quite unfortunate! I have no more pity for them than i would have for any Igbo murdered in the core north that remained there even after they had been told to leave by bloodthirsty core northern muslims!

I'm on here not for you Igbo-haters, but to expose your wicked antics and shenanigans to the few naive kinsfolk of mine who may be swayed by your lies and propaganda to think IPOB is actually guilty of the offences you lot commit and try to pin on them!
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by OfoIgbo: 12:56pm On May 07, 2022
Yenefer:
We'll bomb it.

I want the pipe to be laid from the gulf of Guinea all about around the Atlantic coast of West Africa to Europe. I don't want it through the Sahara to avoid Fulani terrorists blowing them up
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by pquaver(m): 1:08pm On May 07, 2022
LOVEALAIGBO:

Fool, where is your proof that IPOB ordered the burning of those efulefus houses? Or you think it's just card-carrying members of IPOB that are disgusted with their house-nigger, stockholm-syndrome actions!? I concede it's more than likely their houses were burnt down by Igbo elements...but i await your proof that IPOB had a hand in it!

The senseless murders in the south-east: killing of local chiefs and recording the murders and cannibalism of innocent victims....[b]ALL THOSE WERE CARRIED OUT BY EVIL, CANNIBALISTIC AGENTS OF THE DESPICABLE MUSLIM NORTH HEGEMONY! [/b]Accept that or go hang! Also, any 'innocent' Fulani murdered in forests in the south-east after they had been adviced to leave....i've not heard of any reports of this, but if it did happen then it's quite unfortunate! I have no more pity for them than i would have for any Igbo murdered in the core north that remained there even after they had been told to leave by bloodthirsty core northern muslims!

I'm on here not for you Igbo-haters, but to expose your wicked antics and shenanigans to the few naive kinsfolk of mine who may be swayed by your lies and propaganda to think IPOB is actually guilty of the offences you lot commit and try to pin on them!

Idiot where is your proof of the above? Everyone watch how he disgraces himself. Thinking he is smart.. The Antidote for an igbomans stupidity is a wise igbo man.. You can call me hausa Fulani yoruba, igbo hater I don give 2 fks. I will still say the truth the way it is. Ipob is responsible for the death in South East Nigeria.. You are a terrorist, just like boko haram think they are doing the right things that is how u foolishly thing you are on the right path. But I promise you, you will meet your end at the hands of igbo otellectuals.. YOU will see.. It's matter of time. The line has been drawn Igbo vs Igbo. We will not let sons of slaves desecrate our fathers land.. Idiotic Bingos

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Jsucre(m): 1:11pm On May 07, 2022
Chukapage:
illiterate Oil is not Natural gas nawaoooo
abeg! Go tell Wike
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by Badonasty(m): 1:23pm On May 07, 2022
I’ll advice the Nigerian government not to collect any loans because of these project cos at the end these Europeans will finish their quarrel and return to the cheaper gas sent to them by Russia
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by blackboy(m): 2:10pm On May 07, 2022
NNPC owns all the gas in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe by LOVEALAIGBO: 2:35pm On May 07, 2022
pquaver:

Idiot where is your proof of the above? Everyone watch how he disgraces himself. Thinking he is smart.. The Antidote for an igbomans stupidity is a wise igbo man.. You can call me hausa Fulani yoruba, igbo hater I don give 2 fks. I will still say the truth the way it is. Ipob is responsible for the death in South East Nigeria.. You are a terrorist, just like boko haram think they are doing the right things that is how u foolishly thing you are on the right path. But I promise you, you will meet your end at the hands of igbo otellectuals.. YOU will see.. It's matter of time. The line has been drawn Igbo vs Igbo. We will not let sons of slaves desecrate our fathers land.. Idiotic Bingos

M0r0n! You wouldn't recognise TRUTH even if it came up to you and punched your bigoted face in!

Listen! Since both of us don't have no smoking gun.....no forensic proof to go on, we're left to reach informed and educated conclusions/theories based on deductive reasoning!

All these crimes you accuse Igbo of (cannibalism and murdering their innocent kinsfolk while recording their vile acts), how come we only started hearing of all these only with the coming of Buhari and Uzodinma...specifically, only after ESN dealt with the terrorist Fulani herdsmen in the forests of Orlu! The Fulani army then came in, on the invitation of Uzodinma, to face ESN that were dealing with their herdsmen kinsfolk in Imo forests, but had their asses handed to them on a plater by same ESN they came to 'deal with'! This was when said Fulani army decided to crank things up a notch by going all out in Orlu...remember? I put it to you that all these repugnant and senseless crimes were committed by clandestine and shadowy agents of the murderous northern hegemony embeded in the army, DSS and possibly police, and it started from Imo state with the intention of trying to taint IPOB as 'terrorists' (this was when they killed Ikonso) with the aim of 'justifying' their murderous campaign in Imo state! The prison break at the time was equally part of the plot! Remember said prison, which is close to gov't house in Owerri, was attacked for close to an hour WITH NO RESPONSE FROM SECURITY AGENTS LIKE THE ARMY AND POLICE, and the assailants made a clean getaway afterwards!

Does it make sense to you that the very same people having the intention of freeing their kinsfolk from 'one Nigeria' tyranny would turn their guns and matchetes against their own people....and be 'tyrannical' to the very same people they want to free!? Do terrorists anywhere in the world concentrate ALL THEIR EFFORTS on attacking and killing THEIR OWN PEOPLE while leaving the oppressors they're fighting against!? Does that even make sense to you!? Now if the so called IPOB 'terrorists' were operating in Abuja and targeting northerners, security personnel and gov't officials....as distasteful as this sounds, it would make more sense! This is why i concede that some of the attacks on security personnel in the south-east could be the work of Igbo elements, given the way the Nigerian state has engaged in state-sanctioned murder of innocent Igbo since the time of the Apo six, Ezu river murders and many more! This state murdering of innocent Igbo took a larger and more worrying dimension with the coming of Buhari and his targeting of peaceful IPOB protesters out on the streets!

It's been common knowledge that Nigerian security bodies have within them some given to criminality and ethno-religious inspired murders...FACT! Even persons as high up as Theophilus Danjuma have corroborated this claim! Just yesterday, there was a news report on Arise News that went to the scene of yet another attack on a christian village in Plateau state. Some of the villagers interviewed said the attackers were Fulani and that they had amongst them some wearing army uniforms! This has been going on in the middle-belt for almost as long as Buhari has been in office...army assisting Fulani terrorists in their murderous assignment! So we can deduce it's not beyond the realms of possibility that some withing the Nigerian army/DSS are carrying out sensless murders in the south-east just to[i] 'deal with IPOB....teach the fckers a lesson never to mess with the Fulani-controlled Nigerian state and also justify the terrorist tag while at it'![/i] shocked

Also, we're talking of a murderous Nigerian state that has form in targeting and going after anyone who they see as threatening their status-quo! Dele Giwa, MKO Abiola, Kudirat Abiola, Ken Saro-Wiwa, etc, are cases in point!

There are more reasons why i reached these informed and educated conclusions as to what is going on regarding IPOB and the devilish Nigerian state in the south-east. Now you tell us of yours....why you pin the blame for all the senseless murders of Igbo in the south-east on fellow Igbo in IPOB!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN / President Muhammadu Buhari's Farewell Address To Nigerians (Full Text & Video) / Nyesom Wike Has Pegged The Cost Of Issuance Of A (C-of-O) At N5 Million.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.