Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Who Says Eko Oni Baje? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Says Eko Oni Baje? (4526 Views)

Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... / Lagos, Freedom Park. The History And Her Current State! Indeed Eko Oni Baje! / Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by BigB11(m): 9:26am On Jul 12, 2011
People in Lagos woke up on Sunday to watch the down fall of Lagos State.

With all the money being generated in Lagos on a daily basis, I think something better should have been done to allow water to flow properly.

And any time we turn around pin-heads will tell you how Tinubu (the biggest thief in Nigeria today) and Fashola (Mr.Pushover) are the greatest human beings on this planet.

It is a shame and also unbearable to watch what Lagosians are experiencing for the past 3 days. The water is so high in some areas that folks are practically on the roof of their houses.
No School, No Work, No food, properties being destroyed and diseases are building up like no man's business.
But yet, "EKO ONI BAJE".

With confidence I can assure you that absolutely nothing will be done to help average Lagosians to alleviate from discomfort, distress and social problem caused by this (avoidable) despicable situation.

Rotimi Amechi chased Odelli out of town, surrounded himself with good people and ever since then he has been making great things happen in his state.

If Mr.Pushover (Fashola) can just man up and ask Tinubu to get lost, real miracle will happen in Lagos state in a very short period.

Fact: The best 2 roads in Lagos belong to Tinubu; the first one will take you to his house and the second one will take you to his hotel (Oriental Hotel).
You don't have to believe me, just take a time out to check.

What do you get from painting a Ferrari that has a defective engine?
Fashola should stop painting Lagos state with Golden paint and come out like a man to deal with real issues that continue to kill an average Lagosian each and every day.

Shame! Shame! Shame!
Eko ti baje!!!
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by temmytanny(m): 9:34am On Jul 12, 2011
People like you dont know wats up around the world as far as rain for this year is concerned. Many countries with low sea level have experienced it and u expect lagos to be different. Even those with the best infrastructure and drainage systems lost lives in it. Flood causalities can only be reduced but cant be eradicated completely. If people like stop dropping refuse in front of your house,the causalities would be reduced.

Maybe you can help Fashola paint lagos better by stop making noise here. PUTA!
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by blacksta(m): 9:46am On Jul 12, 2011
You are on spot on those two roads. Those roads make you feel you are abroad - They even have a drainage system. What an irony . Anyway Fashola is doing his best with the limited funds. The issue remains with populace those who build houses on drainage thoroughfares
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by BigB11(m): 9:55am On Jul 12, 2011
People like you are the reason why folks like Tinubu will suck this country dry and other politicians will continue to ignore their responsibilities.

All I have said is our government could have done better not only to prevent this terrible situation, but also to assist citizens.

It is now 3 days, could you pls list all the things these thieves are doing to assist Lagosians? Could you pls list things they have put in place to prevent this from occurring again?

Believe it or not, we are up against or experiencing all these ridiculous scenario because our government knows nothing about priority.

Without a clear understanding of how to structure your priority, you're a lost man.
This is why we are all here today.

Take a ride to Iyano Igbaja and see what real Lagosians are experiencing.

This is a great nation and a wealthy country, we deserve more.
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by BigB11(m): 9:57am On Jul 12, 2011
^^^^ that was for Tennytanny
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by foreman: 10:33am On Jul 12, 2011
BIG IBB

How about we talk IBB and how he ruined Nigeria and his billions first? So IBB asslicker you can accuse Tinubu of being a thief. Wonders shall never end.
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by Lagosboy: 10:46am On Jul 12, 2011
temmytanny:

People like you dont know wats up around the world as far as rain for this year is concerned. Many countries with low sea level have experienced it and u expect lagos to be different. Even those with the best infrastructure and drainage systems lost lives in it. Flood causalities can only be reduced but cant be eradicated completely. If people like stop dropping refuse in front of your house,the causalities would be reduced.

Maybe you can help Fashola paint lagos better by stop making noise here. PUTA!

The issue here is not 100% prevention of floods but the state gave warning couple of months back but did not do enough to clear the drainages. We all know people dump things on canals but the state govt still owes them a duty to clear the blockages or install cameras and fine culprits like it is done in the west.

Adequate Emergency rescue should have been put in place to help victims and prevent deaths and suffering. These floods have become a yearly thing and it is a shame. IMO the 100 billion for lekki airport should be used in providing lagos with an adequate and effective drainage system. Let the private guys build the airport.
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by Ad4(m): 11:14am On Jul 12, 2011
I truely expect Fashola to do more for Lagos state.His being over rated.
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by Kobojunkie: 11:21am On Jul 12, 2011
Big B1:

[size=13pt]With all the money being generated in Lagos on a daily basis, I think something better should have been done to allow water to flow properly.[/size]

That's just it!
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by Desola(f): 11:30am On Jul 12, 2011
Big 1,

if Lagos is so bad and Rivers is so good, it begs the question: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU STILL DOING IN LAGOS!!!

If you leave, that would be one less person to worry about!

Please leave to PH now and make it speedy!

1 Like

Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by kasiem(m): 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2011
The fact remains that no human can be ubiquitous and infallible. Fashola luckily found himself in a country where malgovernance is greeted with plaudits, that's why he tried to carve out a niche for himself with infinitesimal deceptive works, which endured him to the hearts of gullible fellow, who are ignorant of what governance entails. IMO, fashola would've led us to the apogee of good governance, but, the presence of tinubu,stood as a cog in the wheel.
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by Witi(m): 2:28pm On Jul 12, 2011
Big B1:

People like you are the reason why folks like Tinubu will suck this country dry and other politicians will continue to ignore their responsibilities.

All I have said is our government could have done better not only to prevent this terrible situation, but also to assist citizens.

It is now 3 days, could you pls list all the things these thieves are doing to assist Lagosians? Could you pls list things they have put in place to prevent this from occurring again?

Believe it or not, we are up against or experiencing all these ridiculous scenario because our government knows nothing about priority.

Without a clear understanding of how to structure your priority, you're a lost man.

God Bless you
The case of Lagos is like painting a badly rusted ship in the name of renovation, of course the ship will ship in Ocean one day. Fashola is a one eyed man in the city of the blind (among Nija Governors).
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by tpia5: 2:40pm On Jul 12, 2011
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by rolchi(m): 2:45pm On Jul 12, 2011
Make Eko-Ile catch una, tongue tongue

IMHO, what happened in Lagos is not a natural disaster! Its just a failure to plan and a failure by government to do its work. What it means is that if a Natural Disaster hits Lagos, then we are in a big mess!

Even Fashola while inspecting the flooded areas never called it a "Natural" Disaster. Government knows what to do, let them begin to do it. The floods will abate!!!
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by tpia5: 2:46pm On Jul 12, 2011

Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by tpia5: 2:48pm On Jul 12, 2011

Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by tboy1(m): 2:53pm On Jul 12, 2011
blacksta:

You are on spot on those two roads. Those roads make you feel you are abroad - They even have a drainage system. What an irony . Anyway Fashola is doing his best with the limited funds. The issue remains with populace those who build houses on drainage thoroughfares

Which drainage system? Bourdillon was one of the most affected areas on the island
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by okstol: 3:33pm On Jul 12, 2011
Some forumites think with their smelling ass*s. This dude made a wonderful observation and some BRF apologist can't even see his genuine reasons. Godswill Akpabio did one of (if not d biggest) the biggest and best drainage system to tackle such a thing in Uyo taking cognisance dat his state is in rainforest region. The reason why Imo people voted out Ohakim is because he was busy planting flowers and painting roads and sign post in O town. Let's call a spade a spade. Yes BRF has tried but he needs to tackle d real problems dat lagosians face every rainy season. @Big Bi, u are totally spot on bro.
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by blacksta(m): 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2011
tboy1:

Which drainage system? Bourdillon was one of the most affected areas on the island

Lol - Sorry i meant a gutter next to road - I guess with flood - the gutter was going no where
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Jul 12, 2011
blacksta:

Lol - Sorry i meant a gutter next to road - I guess with flood - the gutter was going no where

Ever actually tried following some of those gutters to see where they end? I did that one time and I laughed so hard, I almost hit the car in front of me. The gutter stopped after a couple of blocks . . . leading no where.
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by blacksta(m): 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2011
I think after the flood has gone - Lagosians should play a game of spotting " Where the GUTTER ends"
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by tpia5: 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Ever actually tried following some of those gutters to see where they end? I did that one time and I laughed so hard, I almost hit the car in front of me. The gutter stopped after a couple of blocks . . . leading no where.

you were in a slum i guess.
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by Muza(m): 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2011
EKO OTI BAJE GAN
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by OAM4J: 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2011
Eko o ni baje lai lai, O ba je ti. cool
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by jmaine: 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Reminds me of Ikorodu( Agric area) . . . Most gutters stops where the compound stopsĀ  embarassed
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by ikeyman00(m): 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2011
@@@@@

fuuny on the way people make excuses for failure!!

yes like they said HE is trying but then is that the best he can offer??
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by tpia5: 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2011
^^what's the best you can offer?
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by Seanet1000: 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2011
Muza:

EKO OTI BAJE GAN
Agboole yin nile asale lohun loma baje gan.
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by mithel(m): 10:00pm On Jul 12, 2011
I guess dosunmu,koro and Baba Randle would have done far better.

Lagosians are so d.aft for voting him in .
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by jmaine: 10:29pm On Jul 12, 2011
mithel:

Na magic the afore-mentioned people wan perform . . .
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by Kobojunkie: 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2011
mithel:

The current man is probably still the better of the lot. However, that does not change the fact that Lagos has had ample time to reduce the likelihood of this happening by a lot. I mean 12 years already since this party took over Lagos and year after year, the flood situation has worsened. And we have no Tsunamis or hurricanes to deal with YET. If this pattern continues (God forbid), by the time we start experiencing the expected effects of global warming, where will Lagos be then? How much would the state(tax payers included) have left at that time to consider seriously tackling this issue, when it currently looses billions to the problem YEARLY . . . loses that could easily be avoided on a great scale.
Re: Who Says Eko Oni Baje? by temmytanny(m): 11:21am On Jul 13, 2011
Lagosboy:

The issue here is not 100% prevention of floods but the state gave warning couple of months back but did not do enough to clear the drainages. We all know people dump things on canals but the state govt still owes them a duty to clear the blockages or install cameras and fine culprits like it is done in the west.

Adequate Emergency rescue should have been put in place to help victims and prevent deaths and suffering. These floods have become a yearly thing and it is a shame. IMO the 100 billion for lekki airport should be used in providing lagos with an adequate and effective drainage system. Let the private guys build the airport.

wat kind of emergency? is it tru the morribond PHCN? Lagos govt have been alerting people about this flood since january and i even saw the adverts on this while i was in ghana early in the year. Emergency numbers 01-493 1260,112,767 have been circulated and people have been informed about it since have known Fashola. So what else do you want them to do? The same you would complain that they destroy there enemies houses if they clear houses on drainage.
Big B1:

I would be happy if you can highlight things that would have saved this situation ? Thank God you can see the beautiful pictures of developed worlds above. Many still died in ASIA early this year despite warnings of flooding.

what priority are you saying that the govt have not done? You dont even know what you are saying. your posts sucks.

mithel:

You suck! Lack of home training. How can you say lagosians are da.ft? PUTA! If you have father for house, u no go say such of your punk asss mouth

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Targets 12m Tonnes Of Liquid Steel By 2020 / Oranyan Was Never A King In Ile-ife, Says Alaafin Of Oyo / Sallah: Yobe Government Places 12-Hour Ban On Vehicular Movements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.