Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... (17206 Views)

Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. / The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. / Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by babapupa: 12:50am On Dec 23, 2012
In an impressive blaze of colours, Lagos State
Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Thursday evening
"switched on " the Lagos Festival of Lights to officially herald
the holiday season with thousands of decorative lights from the
entire stretch of the Marina through Ahmadu Bello Way to Bar
Beach.

[b]Riding in the Open roofed Eko Tourist Bus from Marina through the
stretch to Ahmadu Bello Way to the cheers and colourful displays
of several groups who dotted the road, the Festival of Lights
train arrived at the Akin Adesola junction of the Bar Beach which
had been a centre point of a carnival like celebration to usher in
the holiday season programme.

In his remark in a brief reception at the Bar Beach, the Governor
said for the first time, Lagos State would be among the many
global cities and states that would be under world focus and
attention from 31st December to the New Year with the waterfront
being the centre of activities.

According to the Governor, it would be a new year unlike any
before now as people would be celebrating the New Year in Lagos
with the whole world participating.

In his words: "It means much more tourism exposure, We are taking
control of the beach and giving it a new meaning, You will see all
of the vendor stands, so there would be a lot of business that
would be going on there, there would also be a lot of party going
on there".

The Governor added that: "For me it is investment, opportunities
and possibilities coming together using one of our biggest
resources and waterfront assets".

He also informed that there would also be a sea food festival
where fresh fish, shrimps and all related sea food would be
available at a good deal , stressing that there would be a lot of
shopping that would be going on at the waterfront in the next few
days.[/b]

Governor Fashola said on the 31st from around 6pm from the
junction of Adeola Odeku to the Waterfront area only pedestrians
would be allowed as there would be no vehicular activity there.

Assuring however that the countdown to the New Year has been
designed to ensure wide participation, Governor Fashola said
people would be able to get there by invitation only, that could
be secured through radio talk shows and quiz programmes.

"So, it is going to be few days of pleasure on behalf of the
government and people of Lagos to flag off the event that starts
from tonight the 20th taking up to 31st December and into the New
Year 1st of January 2013 and would be a year that would be more
prosperous than all of the years that we have spent together", he
said.

The Governor noted that progress is being made on the journey of
the State as so many myths have been exploded about Lagos making
it clear that the Bright and Rewarding Future that everyone sees
is coming closer and within touching distance.

Also speaking, the representative of the Managing Director of
Nigerian Breweries Plc, Mr. Yussuf Ageni thanked the Lagos State
Government for giving the organization the opportunity to have the
platform which he described as a special privilege.

He noted that given the fact that the Nigerian Breweries has been
around for so long and started in Lagos with its first brewery
located in Lagos, anytime anyone talks about the success story of
the Nigerian Breweries it is synonymous with the success story of
Lagos.

He said when the team from the Lagos State Signage and Advertising
Agency(LASAA) came up with the initiative, the question from the
Nigerian Breweries was that where has the concept been all along
as it fits into one of the core values of the Nigerian Breweries
which is "enjoyment," with others being "respect" and "passion for
quality."

He added that one of the things every nation, every individual
celebrates is the end of the year because of the appreciation of
the divine privilege of being alive, adding that the entire
concept of the cross- over fits perfectly into one of the core
objectives of the Nigerian Breweries.

He explained that the NB Plc deliberately refused to sign a five
year deal because it believes the deal will be for eternity as
Nigerian Breweries once it starts any project can only make it
better, but will never start and stop.

Speaking earlier, the Managing Director of LASAA, Mr George Noah
welcomed guests to the programme which is the flag off of the
Festival of Lights for the Lagos Countdown event which comes up on
the 31st of December 2012.

He said LASAA has worked with the Lagos State Electricity Board
and with various agencies towards the success of the small
reception and procession from Marina to Bar Beach where the event
will take place.

Prominent among those who attended the flag off were the Oba of
Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu I, members of the State Executive Council
including the Commissioners for Environment, Mr Tunji Bello,
Tourism, Mr Disun Holloway, Agriculture and Co-operatives, Prince
Gbolahan Lawal among others

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmtQrubGcGqMdFD3ioQ6slNcPgb4TbvfK17gks8WmQ_tjv0hSkX_3JnDOaTA[/img]

http://lagosindicatoronline.com/Fashola_Switches_On.html

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by babapupa: 12:51am On Dec 23, 2012
Eko o ni baje lai lai.

Eko for show..........

I Love my state no be small...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by Nobody: 2:57am On Dec 23, 2012
Lovely ....always a delightful sight at night driving through the Marina at night enroute 3MB going home.
Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by Desola(f): 4:04am On Dec 23, 2012
We need to learn to consider others in all that we do.

I mean, how are ibos meant to get a good night rest when they read this now, eh?

Please lets think about our neighbours feelings o.

Moderators, please hide this thread before the ibos see it.

Biko.

21 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by RickyRoss1(m): 4:25am On Dec 23, 2012
Desola: We need to learn to consider others in all that we do.

I mean, how are ibos meant to get a good night rest when they read this now, eh?

Please lets think about our neighbours feelings o.

Moderators, please hide this thread before the ibos see it.

Biko.

Hahahaha bunch of clowns... BTW, what is festival of lights? How is this going to put food at your table? How is it going to reduce the sheer number of agberos, carpenters are rusted metal dealers from yorrobber?

Most importantly, how is this going to stop yorrober people from shiiitting in Nylon bags

30 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by geekinthelead: 4:32am On Dec 23, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Hahahaha bunch of clowns... BTW, what is festival of lights? How is this going to put food at your table? How is it going to reduce the sheer number of agberos, carpenters are rusted metal dealers from yorrobber?

Most importantly, how is this going to stop yorrober people from shiiitting in Nylon bags

@ Desola - Gbosa!!! tongue

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by Crayola1: 6:05am On Dec 23, 2012
Lord see how poverty can afflict the mind undecided People bragging over Christmas light, what next? Sidewalks? Four way intersections?

How a person can tribalize Lights, only God knows grin

My neighbors have a better display grin

13 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by babapupa: 6:07am On Dec 23, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Hahahaha bunch of clowns... BTW, what is festival of lights? How is this going to put food at your table?

Why is it that everything is always about food to you ibo people. Ashebe is still crying about food, ibo people are still crying about food 40 years after they got their azzz kicked.

Ashebe We are not starving like you hungry mofos so stop talking to us about food.

If you want food to eat, tell your useless leaders to give you food to eat, Fashola is not your father and we are not mates....

You suffer head people.

22 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by geeez: 6:13am On Dec 23, 2012
Eko O Ni baje!

Yorubaland o Ni baje

E dey pain some people as Yorubaland dey beta but as you see us so, we no send you O!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by babapupa: 6:13am On Dec 23, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by geeez: 6:15am On Dec 23, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Well we light our streets this Xmas while you clear your streets of innocent women and children this Xmas through kidnapping

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by Crayola1: 6:16am On Dec 23, 2012
Why the gaudy colors, Jesus like a christmas tree threw up on the building. A for effort kiss F for execution maybe next year tongue
Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by babapupa: 6:20am On Dec 23, 2012
Crayola1: Why the gaudy colors, Jesus like a christmas tree threw up on the building. A for effort kiss F for execution maybe next year tongue

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/446222_pill-bottle-medicine_jpg54d2699fd2da9335a34fd3bf72f6fb17[/img]

buhahahahahahahhahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahah

13 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by Crayola1: 6:28am On Dec 23, 2012
babapupa:

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/446222_pill-bottle-medicine_jpg54d2699fd2da9335a34fd3bf72f6fb17[/img]

buhahahahahahahhahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahah

Hating on what? This is how you decorate grin
[img]http://newyorksightseeingtours.files./2010/12/rockefeller-center-christmas-tree-ny.jpg[/img]
[img]http://ldspictures.files./2007/12/dc-temple-christmas.jpg[/img]

The last one went balls to the walls crazy and still looks awesome, take notes dear kiss

TLC has a show about Christmas decorators that go over the top, you want a link kiss

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by Crayola1: 6:30am On Dec 23, 2012
Lol and in a Black country they couldn't find the money to get Black Santas to display undecided

I don't blame you guy, poverty has that effect on people. You have my sympathies cry kiss
Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by babapupa: 6:32am On Dec 23, 2012
Crayola1:

Hating on what? This is how you decorate

1 Like

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by babapupa: 6:32am On Dec 23, 2012
Crayola1: Lol and in a Black country they couldn't find the money to get Black Santas to display undecided

I don't blame you guy, poverty has that effect on people. You have my sympathies cry kiss

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by babapupa: 6:33am On Dec 23, 2012
Crayola1:

[s]Hating on what? This is how you decorate grin
[img]http://newyorksightseeingtours.files./2010/12/rockefeller-center-christmas-tree-ny.jpg[/img]

The last one went balls to the walls crazy and still looks awesome, take notes dear kiss

TLC has a show about Christmas decorators that go over the top, you want a link kiss[/s]
Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by Crayola1: 6:35am On Dec 23, 2012
babapupa:

I guess you don't have much to say,figured that much. grin

If you like I can post photos of my next door neighbors' homes to inspire Fashola you grin
Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by babapupa: 6:37am On Dec 23, 2012
[quote author=Crayola1]
[s]
I guess you don't have much to say,figured that much. grin

If you like I can post photos of my next door neighbors' homes to inspire Fashola you grin[[/s]/quote]

1 Like

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by Crayola1: 6:38am On Dec 23, 2012
Crayola1:

Hating on what? This is how you decorate grin

TLC has a show about Christmas decorators that go over the top, you want a link kiss
Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by Crayola1: 6:45am On Dec 23, 2012

Bad belle indeed grin

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by demmy(m): 7:38am On Dec 23, 2012
Eko o ni baje. Ile Yoruba o ni daru!!!

Let haters hate.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by ba7man(m): 7:50am On Dec 23, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

@ Desola; You are very silly for your comment. @ Ricky Ross; The people importing the lightings make huge sales on this, the port authorities get paid from this import. The transporter gets paid, the wholesaler, retailer all get paid, the contractor gets paid,he employs decorators who also get paid and people who drive-by and see it get their spirits lifted. The festival attracts a crowd and goods are sold while they are present. I hope this explain how lights can affect an economy to u.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by mosunade(f): 7:55am On Dec 23, 2012
Who is that Crayola guy? Seems his neighbour wants his black face out of the neighbourhood, thats why he is here talking rubbish.
Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by ba7man(m): 8:02am On Dec 23, 2012
The ones usually put along zenith bank rd can b classified as world-class(Yes,Crayola, I'v seen the ones u put up and it can comfortably beat some) and I'm very sure whoever took the photograph of the light festival didn't do it justice. They say a distance of a kilometer is lit with christmas lights and that's all he has to show. I'm sure there's more nd i'll go check it out.
Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by babapupa: 8:15am On Dec 23, 2012
ba7man: The ones usually put along zenith bank rd can b classified as world-class(Yes,Crayola, I'v seen the ones u put up and it can comfortably beat some) and I'm very sure whoever took the photograph of the light festival didn't do it justice. They say a distance of a kilometer is lit with christmas lights and that's all he has to show. I'm sure there's more nd i'll go check it out.

Some people are too shallow with serious low self esteem that it doesn't matter how good and beautiful what they do in their country is, they'll still swim in kolomentality and foolishly claim that what they do in other countries is better than their own country.

This is the dark and sorry side effect of tribalism and and bad bele....

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by ba7man(m): 8:26am On Dec 23, 2012
babapupa:

Some people are too shallow with serious low self esteem that it doesn't matter how good and beautiful what they do in their country is, they'll still swim in kolomentality and foolishly claim that what they do in other countries is better than their own country.

This is the dark and sorry side effect of tribalism and and bad bele....
I agree with this. Nigeria can't get there overnight so every little step has to be encouraged but some just keep comparing to established countries that they didn't contribute anything to its development. Countries they have no idea what they went through to get to where they are.....and its not as if these Countries are crazy about their presence or in some cases even aware.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by markus1133: 9:46am On Dec 23, 2012
ba7man: The ones usually put along zenith bank rd can b classified as world-class(Yes,Crayola, I'v seen the ones u put up and it can comfortably beat some) and I'm very sure whoever took the photograph of the light festival didn't do it justice. They say a distance of a kilometer is lit with christmas lights and that's all he has to show. I'm sure there's more nd i'll go check it out.

agree.
Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by petrov10: 9:50am On Dec 23, 2012
babapupa:

Why is it that everything is always about food to you ibo people. Ashebe is still crying about food, ibo people are still crying about food 40 years after they got their azzz kicked.

Ashebe We are not starving like you hungry mofos so stop talking to us about food.

If you want food to eat, tell your useless leaders to give you food to eat, Fashola is not your father and we are not mates....

You suffer head people.
2 much amala dey worry u...sori
Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by petrov10: 9:52am On Dec 23, 2012
geeez:

Well we light our streets this Xmas while you clear your streets of innocent women and children this Xmas through kidnapping
light ur aszz.....oya light ajegunle join..idiot
Re: Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... by redsun(m): 9:54am On Dec 23, 2012
Even with blackout in major parts of lagos and nigeria in general,here are they wasting electricity.

The concept of oyinbos lighting up means their adequate power over darkness,their ability to harness electricity "efficiently" and abundantly to generate their societies.

Babies dont walk before they crawl.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kogi Overtakes Lagos In Investment Flow In Q3 2020 / Presidential Race: We’re Not Troubled By Osinbajo’s Ambition – Tinubu’s Camp / FACT CHECK: Did Tinubu Promise To Reduce Purchasing Power Of Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.