Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? (3004 Views)

How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? / Photo That Would Help Understand How Women Behave. / Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 12, 2011
Pls guyz i need help on how to handle my anger,,,, I am a very nice, interesting, funny, handsome and responsible person. But my only problem is my anger. Every1 now gets scared of my anger including my immediate family. My dad is now scared of making me vexed and worst of all is that my GF wants to end d relationship now, as she is scared that i might 1day be physical on her when am vexed. I don't like fighting, but i can take radical decisions when am vexed, and i feel stronger when am angry. At my point of anger, if The Rock the wrestler should come before me or Undertaker, I wouldn't mind fighting them at that point, cuz i woudn't even look at their faces. Until my anger subsides, then i realise that i av been facing people that could have probably killed me.

Please what can i do, as some people like my mum suggested that anger is a spirit that needs to be rebuked
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 12, 2011
You need to go for therapy ASAP
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by Dyt(f): 10:37am On Jul 12, 2011
Gd u figured dats ur prob den workin on it ll b easy
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by 190: 10:38am On Jul 12, 2011
You need to get yourself a JOB so that your anger wont kill you undecided
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 12, 2011
Hey!!! The All Naija Babes are Sluts Poster! Funny, handsome, Interesting, responsible! And you forget to add, . . . PERFECT! So you too dey get problem! SMH! And Naija Babes go still follow help u solve am! grin Cheeei! You funny Die!. . . grin
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by 190: 10:47am On Jul 12, 2011
^Wait till him use cutlass for your head

then u go know why him papa dey fear am undecided

1 Like

Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by zealot4me(f): 11:40am On Jul 12, 2011
OP; even your dad? dis is really serious

(its in you already but u can still change before its too late/ b4 u loose ur loved ones) try to always calm down whenever u are in dat state

190:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by Goldieluks: 11:43am On Jul 12, 2011
190:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by donguutti: 11:57am On Jul 12, 2011
sexkillz:

Hey!!! The All Naija Babes are Sluts Poster! Funny, handsome, Interesting, responsible! And you forget to add, . . . PERFECT! So you too dey get problem! SMH! And Naija Babes go still follow help u solve am! grin Cheeei! You funny Die!. . . grin

sexkillz,op don vex already  u don enter

@ ijogk ****oya.take this big stout bottle show us the extent of ur anger for sexkillz head****,
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by MMM2(m): 11:58am On Jul 12, 2011
op
u need alcohol in ur body and blood. angry
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 12, 2011
Op
i would suggest you go Anger Managment Therapy, it might help. Also you try to control your emotions when you re pissed. Try rethinking what you want to do, and take in that deep breath. It helps at times
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by samtoye(m): 12:14pm On Jul 12, 2011
Visit a dibia or babalawo for deliverance!
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 12, 2011
did u say you feel stronger when you  are angry,

it could be harnessed, change vocation and

Become a boxer,
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by Mynd44: 1:32pm On Jul 12, 2011
Hmmm
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by BABE3: 1:47pm On Jul 12, 2011
Ijogz K:

Please what can i do, as some people like my mum suggested that anger is a spirit that needs to be rebuked

Yes, your mum is right, anger is a destructive spirit that needs to be rebuked. It gets you no where.

Here is an example:

Ijogz K:

At my point of anger, if The Rock the wrestler should come before me or Undertaker, I wouldn't mind fighting them at that point, cuz i woudn't even look at their faces.

Which normal person thinks like this? You won fight undertaker----? Nah--

Three things you need are:

1)Self awareness/self control/self discipline.

2)Deliverance.

3)Counselling.

Goodluck ehn.
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 12, 2011
donguutti:

sexkillz,op don vex already  u don enter

@ ijogk ****oya.take this big stout bottle show us the extent of your anger for sexkillz head****,
Loooool grin grin Am not Violent like i said, Except the oda person tries to assert force or violence.
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by Sijo01(f): 2:46pm On Jul 12, 2011
Dyt:

Gd u figured dats your prob den workin on it ll b easy

U'v said it all.
dat's always my adivse 2those dat agreed dey'r hot temperd & seeking 4solution.
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by Roland17(m): 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2011
we are meant to control our body and not the other way round, ur anger has not cost u something dear that is why u are still thinking of how to control it,
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by Cuteobi(f): 4:23pm On Jul 12, 2011
190:

cheesy cheesycheesycheesy Ijogz start counting 1 2 3 , Wheever ur vexed and continue till u feel beta.it works trust me
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by leuelliot(m): 4:45pm On Jul 12, 2011
Its all in your head man!! you can get rid of it by reading and applying what you've read from the bible to your life
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by degubi(m): 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2011
You have to take a step back and reflect on why you are easily ticked off. If someone made a comment and you lost it you need to evaluate why such comment would upset you and why you could not just overlook such comments. While growing up were you quite temperamental or did it just develop as time went by? If you were born with it which i doubt i would advise you seek serious counseling, but if it started not so long ago then you really need a quite moment to ask yourself deep seated questions on the root cause of your anger.
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 12, 2011
degubi:

You have to take a step back and reflect on why you are easily ticked off. If someone made a comment and you lost it you need to evaluate why such comment would upset you and why you could not just overlook such comments. While growing up were you quite temperamental or did it just develop as time went by? If you were born with it which i doubt i would advise you seek serious counseling, but if it started not so long ago then you really need a quite moment to ask yourself deep seated questions on the root cause of your anger.
My mum use to have it in the past, then she got into Christ deeply and said that she knew when the holy spirit took it from her as she initially struggle to keep it the the holyspirit asked her if she was not ready to let go, then she released it, And since then, and i can testify to it, there is nothing you can do to her that gets her pissed. There is a natural inner joy in her.
But i have prayed fasted and done all, But it still remains and my GF wanna dump me cuz she is scared. cry
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by 190: 7:23pm On Jul 12, 2011
^Ohh i see it runs in the family grin grin grin
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by Goldieluks: 7:23pm On Jul 12, 2011
lol
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by degubi(m): 8:11pm On Jul 12, 2011
@Ijgoz k, But i have prayed fasted and done all, But it still remains and my GF wanna dump me cuz she is scared.

Anger creates a false sense of superiority in the mind of an individual, you feel invincible, untouchable, and you get a thrill by seeing people cower before your outbursts but the truth is that it is a sign of a deep inferiority complex and immaturity. If you take the time to review the reasons for your outbursts you might discover that it was unwarranted. You can pray and fast as much as you want but you cannot overcome if you are not willing to let go. Your duty is to surrender willingly to God and he will do the rest. It takes a lot to die to oneself and it is something you must do everyday. When you fail and lose your temper do not despair, just pick yourself up and surrender continually to God.
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by Koolking(m): 8:16pm On Jul 12, 2011
go for AM [Anger Management] course. It helps. Your problem is not spiritual, but habit
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by ronkebp(f): 8:26pm On Jul 12, 2011
It would take awhile, before you are in full control of your anger, what you need to do, is pray about it ( do not know your spiritual level though) your mum is right it is a bad and destructive spirit, 'remember the passage in the Bible , Proverbs precisely,it says that' anger lies in the bossom of fools'.
So apart from the prayer, which will take care of the spiritual level, you need to take care of the physical, avoid every arguement that would lead to you getting annoyed, don't get worked up over trivial matters, overlook every, unwarranted comment made by anyone or your girlfriend,, patience is another quality you need, if you can continuously do this for couple of weeks, it will become accustomed to you and your character would definitely change.
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by Cuddlemii: 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2011
Hmmm Anger is hard to control oh. Chei!

But you can channel that energy to something you really love and want to pursue. Just like 190 said, a job environment wld shape dt anger for u or else the security men would.

The joy of doing what u love would get your mind off things that would get u mad

Above all, whenever u sense the anger coming, cuddle whatever is close to u, that a perfect distraction!
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by gwenevier: 8:47pm On Jul 12, 2011
Lmaoooo @ 190
Lol@ MMM
Lmao@ samtoye

@ poster ,u shuld fenk zea
N also ur mum!!
Shiz ryt,asin,sooooooo ryt!!

Trust M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ ,anger is a spirit,a bad 1 4dat mata,
Kip prayin bro,its not as easy as pipl fink,
Luck!
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by 190: 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2011
^Na BB this one dey use
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by gwenevier: 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2011
*yawns*
Secret?? Mscheww
Re: My Anger Is Something I Don't Understand: How Can I Handle It? by sleekch1c(f): 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2011
@op,my suggestion?
any time u feel that rush of heat called anger,rush down to the nearest transformer and make sweet love to it, that shld calm u down.and oh,dnt bother to thank me,u re welcome already lipsrsealed grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Things To Avoid In Relationship / Is It Right To Confront A Snatcher? / If Your Ex Was A Drink?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.