Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5446827 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 10:25am On Mar 08, 2012
Good morning house!,please how much is this 1.8 mt dish.and how many channels can i get on intel 906 60 or 64*east.some1 said we can watch all epl there. 1 love.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 08, 2012
I bet you wont watch all epl free on one satellite. All you need to do is to motorise the 1.8m antenna which costs 7k and track as many free to air sat channels that airs epl at different time of the days. Try and visit lyngsat.com and locate intelsat 906 to see all the channels they packaged.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:02am On Mar 08, 2012
By their fruit we shall know them.what we type say 90% of who we are.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 11:27am On Mar 08, 2012
ballamy:

Good morning house!,please how much is this 1.8 mt dish.and how many channels can i get on intel 906 60 or 64*east.some1 said we can watch all epl there. 1 love.
I will not answer your question about cost of 1.8m and number of channels you can get on intel906. I will only tell you that don't base your budget on what you heard about Intel906 because it was only a temporary phenomenon as morning dew (as I earlier predicted). The goodies are long gone cry. Plan on long term and not otherwise and you will reap the fruits of your sweat. Read what people here say, make contacts and you will be on your way. cool cool cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 11:31am On Mar 08, 2012
@obnelly u are rigth A leopard can never change is skin, pride come before downfall, stupidity that make cat to chalenge lion mmmmmmmmmm.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 12:04pm On Mar 08, 2012
1.8m dish as @ 2011 in port harcourt, was 13k, so add advice you to budget 14k
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IRAPADA(m): 12:41pm On Mar 08, 2012
ballamy:

sport 24 has been scramble so no epl on that sat again
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 2:40pm On Mar 08, 2012
I thank u all for ur imence contribution towards my question, 1love.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Femwal: 2:41pm On Mar 08, 2012
@all, pls asist me abt the jsc sport +1 and +2 b**s key then avatar price send it 2 WILLYMAGER@YAHOO.COM. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 3:00pm On Mar 08, 2012
auchs:

I bet you wont watch all epl free on one satellite. All you need to do is to motorise the 1.8m antenna which costs 7k and track as many free to air sat channels that airs epl at different time of the days. Try and visit lyngsat.com and locate intelsat 906 to see all the channels they packaged.
bros i wellcome ur recormandation,but please expanciate more on motorising the dish, b/c am rlly a novice when it comes to c-band,talk2chiboy30@yahoo.com is my mail, please i need ur's. 1 love.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 3:37pm On Mar 08, 2012
It beats my imagination & common sense of how peeps hide under d umbrella of bin a novice to fully justify d level of their laziness & uncivilization,
Just wondering, wat does it take to read if not frm season1 to date, @least read 3-5pages of posts backward b4 asking any 'reasonable' questions. People shud pls stop just burstin into d thread n askin questns without reading past posts,
Its becomin highly annoying as peeps make a fool of dis thread.
Just my own observation.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 4:07pm On Mar 08, 2012
pofolo:

It beats my imagination & common sense of how peeps hide under d umbrella of bin a novice to fully justify d level of their laziness & uncivilization,
Just wondering, wat does it take to read if not frm season1 to date, @least read 3-5pages of posts backward b4 asking any 'reasonable' questions. People shud pls stop just burstin into d thread n askin questns without reading past posts,
Its becomin highly annoying as peeps make a fool of dis thread.
Just my own observation.
Well said my Oga. This has been said a million times but it seems we are not making any headway. People ask things that are a few lines behind, why? They don't read. We are moving away from the 'Old Nairaland' and moving to one where chaos rules. The problem is that when someone asks his or her 'reasonable' question and members ignore him (to force him/her to read) someone will still come to 'the rescue' with an answer making the one asking more lazy. If you tell someone who is asking an already tackled problem to read a few pages back some one will surely come to his 'rescue'. Pages are being filled with repetitive questions and answers. It's becoming boring angry angry
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2012
^
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 08, 2012
Balamy, you already have an unread message. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 12:41am On Mar 09, 2012
oh!oh!, am very sorry for being lazy o! I plead for 4givenes o! 1 love.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:25am On Mar 09, 2012
ballamy:

oh!oh!, am very sorry for being lazy o! I plead for 4givenes o! 1 love.
That's the way to proceed. In a family, when a parent rebukes the child, does the child move away to start living with the neighbour? NO. He stays put! Ballamy, you are cool. One love indeed. cheesy cheesy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:54am On Mar 09, 2012
@all,
I think what pofolo said is very correct. We should cultivate the habit of reading past posts and encourage others to do likewise. Let them know that you don't have to ask for everything what has already been discussed.

Recently when I was going to carry out maintenance work on my 2.5m motorized, I realised that almost all the tracking frequencies for major birds had become obsolete. Instead of sending posts requesting for tps, I knew most of them have been posted on the different pages so I simply took my time reading back pages up to September/October 2011. It took me about two days but at the end it was worth it.

Constantly repeating what has been discussed before will keep dragging us backwards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 09, 2012
Have any one used a ku and cband combine (c+ku)lnb like that of strong for motorised prime focus dish? If yes, please throw some light on the advantage and disadvantage of the lnbf and your findings.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 11:09am On Mar 09, 2012
@auchs, the dissadvantages far more than the advantages. The ku lnb which is located behind the cband suffers from high signal loss. The only use i can recommend the combined ku-cband lnb for is for dth signals eg intelsat7/10@68e or nss7@22w to receive both ku and cband.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 09, 2012
@sammu
thanks. You mentioned about intelsat7/10 which is of linear polarization and nss7 which is of circular polarization. Can the lnbf track both bird not minding the di-electric plate? If not I should say that the lnbf is not worth buying then one should better attach lnbs as you adviced on motorised dish thread.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 11:35am On Mar 09, 2012
sammu:

@auchs, the dissadvantages far more than the advantages. The ku lnb which is located behind the cband suffers from high signal loss. The only use i can recommend the combined ku-cband lnb for is for dth signals eg intelsat7/10@68e or nss7@22w to receive both ku and cband.
I agree with your observation. This LNB would work very well on satellites that have both KU and C band and don't require a dielectric plate for the C band (as on Intelsat 7/10) as this plate greatly affects KU reception (since KU band is linear, H or V and the dielectric plate is meant for circular signals - those that show as R or L). Unfortunately Nss 7 C band is not linear (requires the plate) and without the plate you lose a lot of transponders.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 09, 2012
Pidzo, that means that the better use of the c+ku lnb on a motorised dish is to use it to track ku band and linear c band (without plate) and then attach a c band lnb with a dielectric plate for circular c band sats.  Odilibe used it and commented such on season 5.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 4:50pm On Mar 09, 2012
@auchs, pidzo has thrown more light on this issue. Dont waste time and resouces using the lnb for motorised dish as the results will be disappointing. The combined c+ku lnb is best suited for direct to home (dth)signals and for fixed dishes. But as for motorised dish, attaching lnbs -2c-band lnbs:dielectric and non dilectric and a ku lnb is the best option.cheers,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 09, 2012
Sammu, pidzo, I understand your gist. thanks for your knowledge.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 5:36pm On Mar 09, 2012
@GEORGE D,my opinion exactly.The problem lies in those who keep answering those already tackled questions that make those guyz lazy.I do alot of reading than asking.Its not in the number of posts that makes one a guru but what you write.Look at KUNGU,with very few posts but he is a guru.Few posts but to the point.Let everyone learn read.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 12:07am On Mar 10, 2012
@auch do not waist ur money on combine c&ku lnb, i have got one 4rm alaba and it fail to perform on the other sat exept pas7/10, get original super max lnb let ur lnb screw be @12 or 6 oclock with dieletric plate iam 100% sure u will hit green on all the sat 4rm 68e to nss7 @22w, this is what iam using before my set up is attack by winmax.@sammu the dish is back to 90% of is fomer self mbc is 51% only in the nigth all the other sat are ok i guess the falling of the dish as make it a little wap, i saw ur post on js sport on rdi but mind u it is not biss hope u get my drift.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jimohbello: 7:55am On Mar 10, 2012
Pls great house those jsc sports on atlantic bird 7west have biz key cos above somebody posted some of the match that would b showed today or is it different
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:18am On Mar 10, 2012
jimohbello:

Pls great house those jsc sports on atlantic bird 7west have biz key cos above somebody posted some of the match that would b showed today or is it different
You have to do your part, check whether the encryption is Biss for the channels in question. Sometimes websites give misleading information and you end up wasting your resources on a nonviable venture. Take the example of RX OB Sports channels on Thaicom 5. They have plenty of Biss keys on the internet but if you check they are encrypted in Skycrypt and not Biss which means the keys will not work, try it. May be DCW keys
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:41am On Mar 11, 2012
Come on, may be I will get used to this new look! I feel I will miss a lot

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.