Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5445734 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 12:26pm On Mar 12, 2012
Adex70: @pidzo pls get intouch @adedad20002001@yahoo.com need to rub mind with u on some issue.
I am there grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kyleege(m): 12:46pm On Mar 12, 2012
anybody to help with the biss key 4 Atn on w4/7.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 1:17pm On Mar 12, 2012
kyleege: anybody to help with the biss key 4 Atn on w4/7.
Do we have any ATN using BISS on W4/7? Frequency?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Profchicky: 1:24pm On Mar 12, 2012
Bugs1234: Look at the kind of question brainy02 is asking? Pls lets ignore it. I was trying to help newbies wit answers to some funny questions by referring them to my site, but still they felt too proud now look. Some people like to walk before they learn how to crawl. I will not beg anyone to come to my site from here again. I was just wasting my time.
I tried 2 register in site so as 2 ve access but could nt.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 2:03pm On Mar 12, 2012
Bugs1234: Look at the kind of question brainy02 is asking? Pls lets ignore it. I was trying to help newbies wit answers to some funny questions by referring them to my site, but still they felt too proud now look. Some people like to walk before they learn how to crawl. I will not beg anyone to come to my site from here again. I was just wasting my time.

what are u on about dude, if u cant answer a question then u leave for those that will do it joyfully and stop making urself look like a know-all at the expense of others
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 2:06pm On Mar 12, 2012
Pidzo:
Do we have any ATN using BISS on W4/7? Frequency?

yea pidzo if u google search u will see something like that cos i did and that why am asking for confirmation... Any idea?

Moreso pidzo i dont know where u stay cos we will need to rob minds seriously. My email pls post me ur number brainycube02@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by vicyear4us(m): 2:15pm On Mar 12, 2012
new look is easy and very nice to operate we need to exercise patients very soon we will enjoy it. FTA 4ever

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by vicyear4us(m): 3:37pm On Mar 12, 2012
@obnelly plz how can i get this lnb holder, and is it for ku west pls you can give me detail on my mail> vicyear4us@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2012
@sammu
The name of the car paint is sinclair synthetic car paint. It really have the dish a quality look and it sticked very well to the dish. As for the signal strenght, I only noticed that the the signal is only just stable i.e does not fluctuate much again. 11.938 - 70-71%, 12.051 - 70-71% at night. While in the day they are stable at 68% if there is no cloudy weather without any fluctuation. On the humax box the tp reads 80%.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bugs1234: 3:54pm On Mar 12, 2012
@brainy02, now i know you are not mentally stable, you need to work on your brain, you asked if there was any biss key for atn that if there was we should help u wit it. Now u are saying u googled it and saw it. Look u know nothing about sats u beta leave this place. And again what is happening, i have been seeing alot of strange names.
For those that want to register on the site it is now registering.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 12, 2012
I think this is clearer.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 12, 2012
I think this is clearer.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2012
Bugs1234: @brainy02, now i know you are not mentally stable, you need to work on your brain, you asked if there was any biss key for atn that if there was we should help u wit it. Now u are saying u googled it and saw it. Look u know nothing about sats u beta leave this place. And again what is happening, i have been seeing alot of strange names.
For those that want to register on the site it is now registering.

am not here to trade words with anybody so thank u very much for ur compliments
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dodos(f): 6:08pm On Mar 12, 2012
@ Moderator

Just my two cents i think this new look is somehow difficult to navigate. I agree with those who say it should revert to a better and user friendly one or better still lets get back to the old skin.

Na my opinion
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jay14(m): 6:35pm On Mar 12, 2012
dodos: @ Moderator

Just my two cents i think this new look is somehow difficult to navigate. I agree with those who say it should revert to a better and user friendly one or better still lets get back to the old skin.

Na my opinion
One man food is another man poison,i like d new look.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 10:33pm On Mar 12, 2012
@auch what is the size of ur painted dish and pls what make is it fiber or pan?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:54pm On Mar 12, 2012
Adex70,my nilesat signal on motorised dish is better now at 62% on 2.4m dish before it's 48-50%. You too can work more on your signal strengh
Get the focal point right u should have a better signal
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 8:15am On Mar 13, 2012
Auch good job there.dont forget to paint the back to prevent rusting.i think mattee. Paint. Too is good.any non reflective. Paint will do the job.dont use metallic paint or gloss.any colour u choose is good its not necessarily. White. Black paint is good too but for people. In the temperate region.since black absorb heat it can easily melt off any ice or snow deposite on the dish.u may choose the colour to match your building or your landscape so that the big ugly dish wouldnt be an eyes sore.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 13, 2012
@obnelly
thanks for the advice. I have not painted the back yet cos of chance. I think I should now use paint a dark paint to paint the back. I used automated spray for the painting.
@adex70 it is exactly 3m. It can be disassembled into segments. It is light weight and pan. I planned to motorise it but I found out that the I can'nt adjust the azimuth so that I can align it to the clarke belt so I need to reconstruct the the dish neck for the motorising purpose.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 4:15pm On Mar 13, 2012
@all, what is happening to the Indian channels on Amos 5? Mine is gone RED leaving Reuters and MUVI TV African FEED 1 and 2 anyone experiencing the same or otherwise?

@ Moderator,
Thanks for the swift response. The white colour of fonts on the "REPLY" page has been change to black making it very very "READER FRIENDLY". OGA I salute.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ikefra(m): 9:22pm On Mar 13, 2012
I think that dishes with reflective surfaces are better that non reflective dishes and that glossy surface is better that non glossy surface as in my own dish.

What are your input?

Shaw.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 10:19pm On Mar 13, 2012
@obnelly thanks to u for this information i will still put more effort to increase the signal, @auch pls where do u get ur 3mt pan pls link me up i think it is time to sell my 2.4 and go 4 the 3mt but ineed a set up that can dismantle like urs. Obnelly i will try it out as promise.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Stevolat: 11:32pm On Mar 13, 2012
brainy02:

yea pidzo if u google search u will see something like that cos i did and that why am asking for confirmation... Any idea?

Moreso pidzo i dont know where u stay cos we will need to rob minds seriously. My email pls post me ur number brainycube02@yahoo.com
ATN is encrypted wit betacrypt not biss my broda
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 12:17am On Mar 14, 2012
Thanks and Jah bless u.
Rome wasnt built in a day
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 14, 2012
@adex, I bought it at Onitsha. For more info on the dish and my setup results please visit the nilesat thread.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:18am On Mar 14, 2012
Ikefra,we are learning. Here day by day i dont think. We need a reflective paint to pick tvro signals i think all we need is the parabolic surface of the dish.painting is to prevent rusting and to beautify the dish.using reflective paint and gloss paint will. Make the dish. Surface. Highly reflective and during Sunny day you will just see that your lnb will burn off due to high convergence sun rays to the focal point on your dish.reflective surface is good for solar cooker.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 14, 2012
Obnelly, I agree with you cos I did not notice any signal strenght increase from my dish after I have painted it white. It has a greenish coating initially. I just noticed stability of signals.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:24am On Mar 14, 2012
Why do we have signal. Loss during the day around 11 am to 5 pm and why do we gain signal from8pm till yhe following morning on fringe reception signal like nilesat hotbird astra and co.using pan dishes? Effects. Of temperature changes on lnb performance( thermodynamics) i think.what is your view?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ikefra(m): 9:32am On Mar 14, 2012
Its all about experiment my signal increased after i used Meryer glossy oil paint on my 3m orbitron dish that is what i am using on Arabsat packages,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 10:10am On Mar 14, 2012
Reason why i said we are learning here.can we see your signal gain befor and after painting?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 11:27am On Mar 14, 2012
@obnelly, ikefra, et al,
On the issue of the appropriate paint to use in painting your satellite dish, its best to use a non-glossy or non-reflective paint (like obnelly rightly pointed out)

Here is a quote from a thread from Sadoun satellite forum. Lets read it and be guided:

There are a couple of things to remember when choosing your paint. Firstly, don't use a metallic paint - these would reflect too much sunlight up onto the lnb, and could cook it. For the same reason, the paint you use must be matt, not glossy. Also, you need to use paint suitable for outside use, normal household emulsion will wash off in no time! Something like matt car paint should work fine. Make sure you use lead free paint for your own Safety.

Make sure you prepare the surface of the dish before painting to wash off any dust & dirt and remove (and seal) any surface rust. Don't paint the lnb cap.

http://www.sadoun.net/forums/fta-receivers/1028-painting-satellite-dish.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.