Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1623) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5440635 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1620) (1621) (1622) (1623) (1624) (1625) (1626) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 9:09pm On Oct 01, 2017
Chydobe:
How to become TSTV Dealer : Requirements

To become a Tstv agent, you should be well informed that there are three types of TSTV Dealership. Here are the three types of TSTV Dealers

TSTV Super dealer
TSTV Sub dealer
TSTV Retailer
Definitely, you are most likely to learn the installation procedures and other related technical services. This will enable you teach and train TSTV installers by organizing TSTV installers training.

Click here for all the information you need to become a TSTV dealer

http://www.newzified.com/tstv-dealer-super-dealer-sub-dealer-retailer-application-registration-form/

I would always advise people to visit the site of TSTV, rather than a blog

Anyone interested should please visit only TSTV site.

That site is uploaded every minute by a site Admin.

They mean serious business from the look of things

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 9:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 9:22pm On Oct 01, 2017
A nairalander is a dealer. The man is very popular on this thread and I know him. I can vouch for him

Holasat
Ismy5000@gmail.com
1 temidire plank market owode ikorodu road Mile 12 Kosofe Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lifestyle1(m): 9:22pm On Oct 01, 2017
Dlee1:

When you get there, check and know if the TV has inbuild DVB-T2 or DVB-S2 receiver. If it has T2 then tell him that he needs aerial antenna but if it is DVB-S2 then let him know that he will need satellites dish for him to access the free to air channels.

My TV has DVB-T and DVB-C and ATV.

Can I access any free to air channels ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 9:30pm On Oct 01, 2017
@abourteng am still waiting for your response concerning the issue of setting my strong 4950H to STATIC OR DHCP, I want to try that procedure and see how it goes, pls with Clare explanation
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by warboy3: 9:41pm On Oct 01, 2017
@abohwun, please tell alphabox company to release SW for us with alpha X4 and X6 menh blood is getting cold o!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by donqx: 11:22pm On Oct 01, 2017
what is tstv doing here.isn't this a free to air zone

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 7:27am On Oct 02, 2017
lifestyle1:

My TV has DVB-T and DVB-C and ATV.

Can I access any free to air channels ?
Hello lifestyle,
your TV has terrestrial receiver but it can no longer access terrestrial channels here because Nigeria TV media have upgraded their service platform (terrestrial services) from DVB-T to DVB-T2. So, DVB-T platform have gone obsolete in Nigeria. The DVB-C platform is not operational in Nigeria including ATV though they are still in vogue in some part of Europe.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by koxyz: 8:16am On Oct 02, 2017
donqx:
what is tstv doing here.isn't this a free to air zone
This thread will soon die a natural death if TSTV sticks to their words. Let just stay cool as events unfold.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 8:19am On Oct 02, 2017
koxyz:

This thread will soon die a natural death if TSTV sticks to their words. Let just stay cool as events unfold.
I disagree with what you are said.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by flamesbaba(m): 8:51am On Oct 02, 2017
abohwun:
please is MBC E side on my is off help please
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abdlwahab: 9:12am On Oct 02, 2017
hello gurus please how can i track tstv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spacetrotter: 9:26am On Oct 02, 2017
I want to buy a powervu autoroll decoder. Please, advise me on which model is best for me. I have a special preference to strong products but I can go for any other brand that can do better than strong.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 9:37am On Oct 02, 2017
abdlwahab:
hello gurus please how can i track tstv

3° west. Just before MBC on the west.

They'll have some FTA channels, but viewable from there decoders only.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 9:38am On Oct 02, 2017
Spacetrotter:
I want to buy a powervu autoroll decoder. Please, advise me on which model is best for me. I have a special preference to strong products but I can go for any other brand that can do better than strong.
4950 or 4955
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 9:54am On Oct 02, 2017
davodyguy:

4950 or 4955
4955 will get better support than 4950 but 4950 is better for viewing pleasure.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Predator188: 10:23am On Oct 02, 2017

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lifestyle1(m): 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
Dlee1:

Hello lifestyle,
your TV has terrestrial receiver but it can no longer access terrestrial channels here because Nigeria TV media have upgraded their service platform (terrestrial services) from DVB-T to DVB-T2. So, DVB-T platform have gone obsolete in Nigeria. The DVB-C platform is not operational in Nigeria including ATV though they are still in vogue in some part of Europe.

Alright bro. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lifestyle1(m): 12:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
abohwun:

It's possible bro,

Here is the reason, with 3k you watch over 200 channels and get 10Gb of data to browse and do IP calls.

How much do you or an average Nigerians spend on only data monthly ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 12:28pm On Oct 02, 2017
graphicicon:
@abourteng am still waiting for your response concerning the issue of setting my strong 4950H to STATIC OR DHCP, I want to try that procedure and see how it goes, pls with Clare explanation
sorry for not answering you earlier
1.Press menu on your rcu
2.Go to system setting
3.choose IPTV setting_then
4.highlight IP situation press OK you will see DCHP
5.use the volumes key to move to STATIC press exist to saved it.
Good luck and sorry for delayed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
arbourboateng:
1.Press menu on your rcu
2.Go to system setting
thanks, does it solve the problem?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2017
graphicicon:
thanks, does it solve the problem?
That's the answer Prof. Sameer gave me,unfortunately I don't use 4950h anymore am now using 4962i combo stb so I can't observed it but you have the stb so you can observed it and gives us the feed back so long.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by RasKush(m): 2:29pm On Oct 02, 2017
graphicicon:

arbourboateng:
1.Press menu on your rcu
2.Go to system setting
The precise procedure is as follows:
On your RCU press MENU >>>SYSTEM SETTINGS >>IP SETTINGS

Under Network IP Settings, press LINK TYPE >>>CABLE [WiFi] >>IP SITUATION >TYPE >Select Either Static\ DCHP

In my own view selecting either Static\ DHCP will not reduce or stop the freezing, its a matter of software adaptability. Audio & Video in the current software upgrade running in GSKy v.6HD is well synchronised and without minor hitches.

I have a Strong srt4950h and i applied the above changes but there was no definite effect. Fortunately my signal is @60%-65% and its what helps.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2017
RasKush:

Under Network IP Settings, press LINK TYPE >>>CABLE [WiFi] >>IP SITUATION >TYPE >Select Either Static\ DCHP

In my own view selecting either Static\ DHCP will not reduce or stop the freezing, its a matter of software adaptability. Audio & Video in the current software upgrade running in GSKy v.6HD is well synchronised and without minor hitches.

I have a Strong srt4950h and i applied the above changes but there was no definite effect. Fortunately my signal is @60%-65% and its what helps.

You are right, it's not about settings, it's about the software adaptability to the hardware. For now only Gsky and Tiger are close to perfect. Srt 4955 is the worst so far.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 2:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
Imagine after all the noise TSTV doesn't have decoders to distribute to the agents. They are even saying it could take extra 2-3 weeks to have the decoders in stock. Imagine that. I don't think these people have a good structured plan.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
RasKush:

Dish size
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
Chinedu7:
Imagine after all the noise TSTV doesn't have decoders to distribute to the agents. They are even saying it could take extra 2-3 weeks to have the decoders in stock. Imagine that. I don't think these people have a good structured plan.

Let's cut them some slack( I hope I'm correct)

I made enquiry last week, and was told that the Oct 1 launch date is not the sales of products commencement date, but awareness day.

I made a mistake to not update the info on this thread.

Yes, it could take up to a month for Lagos and Abuja to be saturated and another 60-90 days for other states.

Its like Ntel too. They needed to come out first and start selling thereafter.
My issue lies with their failure to allow the ABS 3 satellite to run test transmission for months. Star times did it at 10e C band in 2010
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
lifestyle1:

It's possible bro,

Here is the reason, with 3k you watch over 200 channels and get 10Gb of data to browse and do IP calls.

How much do you or an average Nigerians spend on only data monthly ?

Let me do some analysis based on my office expenses.

I run two offices and monthly on internet and Satellite TV estimate.

Island
Spectranet modem 1 @ N10,000=25gb
Spectranet modem 2 @ N10,000=25gb
Dstv 9,500 per month for all sports package and CNN
Say N30,000 monthly in one office.

If I go Tvstv way
Tstv box 1 @ N3000 =20g
Tstv box 2 @ N3000=20g
Satellite TV from two boxes free
Total is N6000 monthly

N30,000- N6,000= N24,000

I can use N24,000 to employ another staff

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Predator188: 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2017

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 3:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
davodyguy:

Let's cut them some slack( I hope I'm correct)

I made enquiry last week, and was told that the Oct 1 launch date is not the sales of products commencement date, but awareness day.

I made a mistake to not update the info on this thread.

Yes, it could take up to a month for Lagos and Abuja to be saturated and another 60-90 days for other states.

Its like Ntel too. They needed to come out first and start selling thereafter.
My issue lies with their failure to allow the ABS 3 satellite to run test transmission for months. Star times did it at 10e C band in 2010
First, they should have made that point clear that sales won't resume immediately.
Again, test transmission could've calmed people's anger.
Bad planning so far.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spacetrotter: 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2017
Chinedu7:

4955 will get better support than 4950 but 4950 is better for viewing pleasure.
Thank you for your prompt reply.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by RasKush(m): 5:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
RasKush:

ganex:
Dish size
@ganex,
I'm in East Africa on NSS12 @57°e, 1.8m dish. If your in 9aija the parameters may be different but as i read through the forum 1.8m dish is sufficient enough.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1620) (1621) (1622) (1623) (1624) (1625) (1626) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: umbo and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.