Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5439172 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by coderXO(m): 1:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
akplatnum2005: Why are some people found of asking annoying questions, can't you use internet to help your self, why are people so lazy to explore info on their own, please we need to kick start our common sense, put yourself to work.

If you don't want to answer stupid questions, be quiet.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by coderXO(m): 1:43pm On Aug 25, 2014
Hey guys (and the odd gal)

I was trying to align a dstv dish/decoder over the weekend.

I took my 4922 to track the signal and got 80+% on 11747H, 11900H and 12245H.

Removed my 4922 and hooked up their dsd1131. I spent no less than 7hours trying to figure out why the hell the darn decoder refused absolutely to show any signal or quality.

Initially, the decoder could not find any signal at all because by default it searched 12245H for its bouquets.
Took me 2 hours to eventually figure out to add a different tp.

So I did, 12208H gave signal 78/80% so progress.

Then I added manually changed the tps to 11747H, 11900H and 12245H as the Home network, network 2 and network 3 respectively.

Only 11747H showed signal, the other 2 where 0% signal, 0% quality.

The decoder found the channels but now some would not show..due to those problem tps.

After about 3 hours and some more dish alignment wuru wuru, I caught luck. 11900H now showed 78% signal.

But for the life of me, 12245H just would not catch a signal...thus some range of channels would not show and some others were quite erratic, showing for a second then display "Connection to the signal was lost. Do not turn off your decoder. We will try to reconnect...."

Again, on my 4922 all three frequencies do 80% green at least and I can blind search and pick the channels up.

Any ideas, pointers, hints as to what the problem might be.

Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 3:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
@odilibe, good day, which type of LNB do you know i can lay my hands on here in nigeria that is better than starGoldFuji? Cos i want to change my LNB from single way to 2 or 3way.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Wakyemson: 3:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
Pls who can tell me the strong decoder for now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Wakyemson: 3:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
Pls who can tell me the best model strong decoder for now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 4:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
Wakyemson: Pls who can tell me the best model strong decoder for now
4922 and 4922A
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 6:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
coderXO: Hey guys (and the odd gal)

Removed my 4922 and hooked up their dsd1131. I spent no less than 7hours trying to figure out why the hell the darn decoder refused absolutely to show any signal or quality.

Initially, the decoder could not find any signal at all because by default it searched 12245H for its bouquets.

Then I added manually changed the tps to 11747H, 11900H and 12245H as the Home network, network 2 and network 3 respectively.

The decoder found the channels but now some would not show..due to those problem tps.

After about 3 hours and some more dish alignment wuru wuru, I caught luck. 11900H now showed 78% signal.

But for the life of me, 12245H just would not catch a signal...thus some range of channels would not show and some others were quite erratic, showing for a second then display "Connection to the signal was lost. Do not turn off your decoder. We will try to reconnect...."

Again, on my 4922 all three frequencies do 80% green at least and I can blind search and pick the channels up.

Thanks.

the problem might be de cable or lnb cos dstv decoder is sensitive to a bad cable or lnb in which strong decoder may not detect easily, so try another cable first, den lnb.
I have three lnb working on multi tv @83% but will catch ebola on dstv signal wit dstv decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Graham4luv(m): 7:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
pls house wish c- band lnbf works best for irib
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 7:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
akplatnum2005: @odilibe, good day, which type of LNB do you know i can lay my hands on here in nigeria that is better than starGoldFuji? Cos i want to change my LNB from single way to 2 or 3way.
your best option is star gold Fuji..pauxis prime focus is also good!

Though I use inverto black ultra quad lnb with modified feed on my 3m pan dish which is better than star gold Fuji lnb or inverto red classics c120 lnb..where inverto red is better than star gold Fuji...though inverto lnbs are not available in Nigeria..

cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 7:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
@All,

Over the weekend, I carried out much needed renovation works on my 3 -in - 1 comstar dish and
the results have been so splendid!
Right now I'm in the process of re-tracking the dish. A lot of new godies to explore. New positions,
New HD channels on C - band. My dish all seems to have bounced back from the cold!

Pictures coming soon!

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2014
GeorgeD1: @All,

Over the weekend, I carried out much needed renovation works on my 3 -in - 1 comstar dish and
the results have been so splendid!
Right now I'm in the process of re-tracking the dish. A lot of new godies to explore. New positions,
New HD channels on C - band. My dish all seems to have bounced back from the cold!

Pictures coming soon!

cant wait to see
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yonderguy(m): 11:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
coderXO:

If you don't want to answer stupid questions, be quiet.
You want him to keep quiet when they are spamming this thread with silly questions? God forbids that I will be at home as an elder in the house and our goat will pass through labour pangs on tatters. Let's call a spade a spade and not a garden tools. How will somebody ask a question that has already been answered about 6hours before him and you want someone to answer him? Someone may be absent from this forum for 2 weeks and on the day he comes on he start asking about Irib that has been treated for the past two weeks that he is absent and you want us to answer him? No it doesn't work that way. Try and read past pages if you're absent. And as newbies, be patient and read. For all the information you need as newbies has already been discussed. Question that need answers are new developments, observations and contributions that will broadens our knowledge. Not questions that makes us look as if we are running around in circles. No offence please!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:55am On Aug 26, 2014
Pls if anybody can install Iriptv in BeninCity,contact me whatsapp!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by One4me: 3:34am On Aug 26, 2014
"""''''@@@""""
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obynocute(m): 7:11am On Aug 26, 2014
House hlp ooo, my rdv,tvc and atn is red since ysterday
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chemicool: 7:36am On Aug 26, 2014
One4me: hello Gurus in the house.
I need someone to help me on this:
I do have problems with my dish regularly (small dish but in a very windy environment).
I need to re-align it regularly despite tying it down as much as l can.

There is this software you can run on a portable DVD player to align your dish (and view the signal strength as you align with a bird and you can actually watch the stations like you have a TV in front of you. In short, it doubles like your Sat Box and TV combined).

Can any of the Gurus point me in the direction to download the software PLEASE.
(I know how to mode the DVE player to do the rest of the job)

Thanks in advance for helping out.

VIVA FTA!

I want it too my brother. But lets google it first.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 7:46am On Aug 26, 2014
coderXO: Hey guys (and the odd gal)

Thanks.

I hope your Lnb is at 3oclock? strong can detect signal on reversed polarity when ur Lnb is at 6oclock but Dstv decoder will not
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:39am On Aug 26, 2014
@One4me,

What you need is fastsatfinder. You can download it here:

http://www.fastsatfinder.com/fsf.html

Take note that is not free though. If you like it, pay for it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chemicool: 10:02am On Aug 26, 2014
One4me: hello Gurus in the house.
I need someone to help me on this:
I do have problems with my dish regularly (small dish but in a very windy environment).
I need to re-align it regularly despite tying it down as much as l can.

There is this software you can run on a portable DVD player to align your dish (and view the signal strength as you align with a bird and you can actually watch the stations like you have a TV in front of you. In short, it doubles like your Sat Box and TV combined).

Can any of the Gurus point me in the direction to download the software PLEASE.
(I know how to mode the DVE player to do the rest of the job)

Thanks in advance for helping ouI

VIVA FTA!

I have found a solution. If you have to use satfinder, you must buy it.But if you have an android phone, head straight to the play store and download Satellite Director, follow the instructions. It is very easy.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chemicool: 10:05am On Aug 26, 2014
I have found a solution. If you have to use satfinder, you must buy it.But if you have an android phone, head straight to the play store and download Satellite Director, follow the instructions. It is very easy.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Uthmanloay: 11:20am On Aug 26, 2014
pls house i just buy 4922a strong and i want 2 watch tv3(multi tv) pls d biss key any1
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hotobo(m): 11:58am On Aug 26, 2014
Uthmanloay: pls house i just buy 4922a strong and i want 2 watch tv3(multi tv) pls d biss key any1
search d forum its posted many times
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pryncipal: 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
People of gteat mind, can anybody direct me to where i can buy a eurovision prime focus lnb, or any better still forward it to me. Location Benin city. for contact, pryncipal25@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ezo4fta(m): 12:38pm On Aug 26, 2014
pryncipal: People of gteat mind, can anybody direct me to where i can buy a eurovision prime focus lnb, or any better still forward it to me. Location Benin city. for contact, pryncipal25@yahoo.com
Go to new benin mkt by mission rd junction,ask those guys selling satellite stuff there. Am sure they hv it but if they don't, they will direct you to where u will get it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 12:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
Uthmanloay: pls house i just buy 4922a strong and i want 2 watch tv3(multi tv) pls d biss key any1
If you have C band antenna these channels are free on IS901 @ 18west..ebony TV ..tv3 Ghana...Ghana TV /Intelsat 901@18west..

http://www.lyngsat.com/Intelsat-901.html
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chester1983: 2:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
GeorgeD1: @One4me,

What you need is fastsatfinder. You can download it here:

http://www.fastsatfinder.com/fsf.html

Take note that is not free though. If you like it, pay for it.

how does fastsatfinder work?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hotobo(m): 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
chester1983: how does fastsatfinder work?
goto satfinder and read
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala123: 4:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
hotobo:
goto satfinder and read
in fact na something to laff. just have patience wt dem newbies. 1day a new old bie go tell a newbie "read up my friend" & dat will complete d cycle. d humour in it all is dat i was once wet behind d ears like dem.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oluwalogbon(m): 4:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
Yonderguy: You want him to keep quiet when they are spamming this thread with silly questions? God forbids that I will be at home as an elder in the house and our goat will pass through labour pangs on tatters. Let's call a spade a spade and not a garden tools. How will somebody ask a question that has already been answered about 6hours before him and you want someone to answer him? Someone may be absent from this forum for 2 weeks and on the day he comes on he start asking about Irib that has been treated for the past two weeks that he is absent and you want us to answer him? No it doesn't work that way. Try and read past pages if you're absent. And as newbies, be patient and read. For all the information you need as newbies has already been discussed. Question that need answers are new developments, observations and contributions that will broadens our knowledge. Not questions that makes us look as if we are running around in circles. No offence please!

Oluwami ero (pls don't fight because of asked or ans question
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by toscotech(m): 5:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
Please can someone give my mytv tp
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obynocute(m): 5:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
Pls house cn u gurus hlp give me feeds nd rrsatpromo 2 biss keys

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.