Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,597 members, 7,820,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (612) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5443979 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jman77(m): 8:30am On Sep 29, 2014
pls house,my wife threathened to get d*$v if i didnt get her a yoruba film channel...i know that with you guys all tinz are possible in sat world.help me guys and let boost to her cheesy

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dishtech(m): 8:50am On Sep 29, 2014
tonididdy: Hello hass

Pls I have this maybe silly questions, that need answers from persons with high satelite intellect .

The question is can a ”dish” made with cement or plastic receive/attract signals?
the main purpose of a dish is to bring scattered signals running parallel into a focus at a point. So it need wave reflecting substance like aluminium, metal. But plastics,wood or cement can be use if aluminium foil which a reflective substance buried or covered on it, or else it will be like trying to use basket to get water.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tonididdy(m): 10:01am On Sep 29, 2014
Dishtech: the main purpose of a dish is to bring scattered signals running parallel into a focus at a point. So it need wave reflecting substance like aluminium, metal. But plastics,wood or cement can be use if aluminium foil which a reflective substance buried or covered on it, or else it will be like trying to use basket to get water.
God bless you, exactly what I got out of my research is there has to be a reflective substance imbedded inside that's what's important.

plastic YES
cement YES

just make The surface reflective and a wire mesh or metal pan will do the trick.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tonididdy(m): 10:08am On Sep 29, 2014
Dishtech: the main purpose of a dish is to bring scattered signals running parallel into a focus at a point. So it need wave reflecting substance like aluminium, metal. But plastics,wood or cement can be use if aluminium foil which a reflective substance buried or covered on it, or else it will be like trying to use basket to get water.

house please how do I know the measurement ''of the depth'' of my soon to be constructed dish.

or rather how do I know what the depth of my ''soon to be constructed'' dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:17am On Sep 29, 2014
tonididdy:

house please how do I know the measurement ''of the depth'' of my soon to be constructed dish.

c=depth. d=diameter. f= focal point!

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Tooka(m): 10:55am On Sep 29, 2014
Please i want ku band tp to track irib tv3/ varzesh?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pryncipal: 11:32am On Sep 29, 2014
I tried without success yesterday to hit green on ptv sports tp on paksat 38 east, any who has a positive story on that sat should please share his findings.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 11:34am On Sep 29, 2014
tonididdy: Hello hass

Pls I have this maybe silly questions, that need answers from persons with high satelite intellect .

The question is can a ”dish” made with cement or plastic receive/attract signals?

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 11:41am On Sep 29, 2014
jman77: pls house,my wife threathened to get d*$v if i didnt get her a yoruba film channel...i know that with you guys all tinz are possible in sat world.help me guys and let boost to her cheesy

There are two yoruba channels on daarsat located on amos 5 satellite.

Faaji and yotomi.

Lots of info on that satellite exist already on this thread.

Search for it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ishe25(m): 12:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
jman77: pls house,my wife threathened to get d*$v if i didnt get her a yoruba film channel...i know that with you guys all tinz are possible in sat world.help me guys and let boost to her cheesy
Try Amos5 there are yoruba channels therein. Its also called Daarsat
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
pryncipal: I tried without success yesterday to hit green on ptv sports tp on paksat 38 east, any who has a positive story on that sat should please share his findings.
What was your dish size,and what LNB did u use,C-band or Ku-band.I have updated this house regarding dis,flip a few pages back.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
House please I need d procedures and type of lnb for etv hyde park,I already have multi tv and Amos,but I didn't track myself,wana try and track dis time,the tp,and instructions!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 29, 2014
tonididdy:

check this thread for more www.nairaland.com/657626/diy-design-fabricate-own-satellite
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pryncipal: 3:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
okoegualek: What was your dish size,and what LNB did u use,C-band or Ku-band.I have updated this house regarding dis,flip a few pages back.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tonididdy(m): 3:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
odilibe: c=depth. d=diameter. f= focal point!

for my experiment am gonna construct a 1.3m dish...I know my FP and diameter...problem now is how do I know my depth?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tonididdy(m): 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
okoegualek: check this thread for more www.nairaland.com/657626/diy-design-fabricate-own-satellite
read all the pages and dish making is abcd...my only problem now is how do I calculate for what my ''depth'' is gonna be considering a diameter of 130cm(1.3m) and of course radius of 65cm(0.65m)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
tonididdy:

for my experiment am gonna construct a 1.3m dish...I know my FP and diameter...problem now is how do I know my depth?
in constructing a dish, you must aspire to get d best. And this had to do with getting the right f/d ratio. This ratio gives the focal length of the fixed diameter(dish size) of ur construct. From this two, ur depth can be calculated...using the below formula;
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2014
for parabolic dish;
Focal length = f
Depth = c
Diameter = D

f = ( D * D ) / ( 16 * c )

senior gurus, i hope I am correct?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by osagiemma: 4:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
Pls is it possible to get irib with 1.8m dish in abuja esp around apo pls anyone using it around there shd confirm thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Femwal: 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
pls how can I put biss key to qsat decoder
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
@iykmora.Correct
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by femochy(m): 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
osagiemma: Pls is it possible to get irib with 1.8m dish in abuja esp around apo pls anyone using it around there shd confirm thanks

yeah u can. I use it in garki 2
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
@tonididdy.The formula in question applies to PF dishes.However,for D = 1.3m,offset-fed design makes more sense to me.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by femochy(m): 6:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
Pls how do I input biss key on tlink decoder
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 6:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
iykmora: for parabolic dish;
Focal length = f
Depth = c
Diameter = D

f = ( D * D ) / ( 16 * c )

senior gurus, i hope I am correct?
correct if you are to determine the focal length of a parabolic antenna!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by osagiemma: 6:42pm On Sep 29, 2014
femochy:

Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 6:44pm On Sep 29, 2014
tonididdy:

I think the pics explained it!...

the depth should start from the bottom centre of the antenna..where depth is known by using a tight rope across the antenna and a rule to measure the depth..point where the rule touches the rope is the depth!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
mtiak54xt2n lnb handled premium x lnb on 36east dish size 80cm,satlink ws-6906 sat metre..next is supermax and pauxis lnb!

BREIF RESULT
12073 premium x ( 65%)
11977 premium x (67%)

12073 mti. (76%)
11977 mti. (70%)

More to come!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tonididdy(m): 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
odilibe: I think the pics explained it!...

the depth should start from the bottom centre of the antenna..where depth is known by using a tight rope across the antenna and a rule to measure the depth..point where the rule touches the rope is the depth!

thanks for the response but am still not satisfied lol...my question thus again is, how do I know the ''deepness'' or curvature of my dish...a dish that is still been imagined?

how do I know when moulding how deep(depth) inside the dish should go?, the dish can't be flat
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
odilibe: I think the pics explained it!...

inorderwords,fix a rope at one end of the dish and stretch it across the diameter and fix @ the other end.Take another rope fix @ anoda end and stretch across to other end of the dish,do dat as many times.At the end,take a look @ the point where most of the ropes coincide @ d centre,here should be d centre of ur dish,from here,measure d distance from dis point of coincidence to the centre of ur dish,dat gives u d DEPTH.Viva FTA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
@femochy.Go to XCam and select Open Patch.Edit the Biss key or input the frequency of the channel u desire to unscramble
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by unikazzy(m): 7:16pm On Sep 29, 2014
femochy:

pls what's d tp

(1) (2) (3) ... (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.