Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race (11434 Views)

Why Akpabio Withdrew From Senatorial Rerun - PDP / Akpabio Withdraws From Senatorial Rerun / Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by press9jatv: 8:11pm On May 19, 2022
NOTIFICATION OF WITHDRAWAL FROM SENATORIAL CONTEST

I wish to notify the national leadership of our esteemed party of my voluntary withdrawal from participating in the forthcoming People's Democratic Party senatorial contest in Ekiti State.

Your Excellency will recall that I contested for the last governorship primary election in which I came third. As a patriotic party man who is determined to protect the interest and ethos of the party, I congratulated the winner, Otunba Bisi Kolawole who is currently the candidate of the party.

It is expedient to note, however, that the senatorial ambition was the making of former Governor Ayodele Fayose. I received emissaries from him to contest. After much pressure from concerned stakeholders, I decided to pick up the challenge to represent the party in my senatorial district.

To my great surprise, Mr. Ayodele Fayose who openly endorsed my candidacy for senate in my town, discretely aided another person from the same constituency to pick the same senatorial form.

The above left me with no choice but to consider his endorsement as a facade and decoy.

Having consulted widely on the foregoing with my teeming supporters across the sixteen (16) Local Governments, I have decided not to dwell where there is no sincerity of purpose but an arrogant display of deception and hence, pull out from the contest.

The integrity I have built over the years is beyond any ambition. I am available for further arrangements that will unite the party in the build-up to the general election, slated to hold on 18th June 2022.

Your Excellency is hereby assured of my utmost commitment to the party at the state and beyond.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by Maxymilliano(m): 8:14pm On May 19, 2022
That's not enough for him to quit the race ...

Winners Never Quit And Quitters Never Win:

8 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by press9jatv: 8:14pm On May 19, 2022
I don’t know if the current Senator Representing Ekiti South Senatorial district, Senator Abiodun Olujinmi will seek for her reelection for 3rd term in the Senate.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by triple996(m): 8:14pm On May 19, 2022
My own is that no mkpurumiri will ever near asorock cheesy they are all swines
Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by press9jatv: 8:16pm On May 19, 2022
Maxymilliano:
That's not enough for him to quit the race ...

Winners Never Quit And Quitters Never Win:
exactly, he has sense defeat niii and he doesn’t want to be disgrace in the next week Senatorial Primary in Pdp niii

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by press9jatv: 8:30pm On May 19, 2022
Cc mynd44 cc Lalasticlala cc OAM4j cc Seun
Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by Golan007: 8:32pm On May 19, 2022
This guy no dey ever win election?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by duro4chang(m): 8:40pm On May 19, 2022
Golan007:
This guy no dey ever win election?
Kostoma dada ni.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by everythinggirly(f): 8:41pm On May 19, 2022
He would have tried his luck.
Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by press9jatv: 3:13am On May 20, 2022
everythinggirly:
He would have tried his luck.

exactly, I guess he has sense defeat and doesn’t want to be disgraced publicly niiii

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by Praxis758: 5:19am On May 20, 2022
How long will he keep riding or depending on Fayose’s political sagacity and anointing.

He can’t win without Fayose’s input. He should learn to be self dependent or go back to classroom where he belongs.

Afterall, Fayose didn’t stopped him from contesting, but only endorsed another person. That’s not an enough reason for prof to quit, he should rather contest to slug it out and test his popularity.

20 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by heybeebugatty(m): 5:33am On May 20, 2022
If you want to be a politician be a strong one n learn to be independent.

9 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by Ciscogod(m): 5:58am On May 20, 2022
You can see the myopic mindset of our leaders. You need an endorsement from a godfather before you can win a primary election in your senatorial zone for someone that was once Deputy Gov of the state.

But come to think of it. The guy knows what he’s saying. He cannot even win his lkere local govt. he’s nothing without a fayose or olujimi backing.

A paper weight politician

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by Mooh247: 6:09am On May 20, 2022
This man is too gentlemanish for Ekiti politics

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by duro4chang(m): 6:11am On May 20, 2022
The man no dey win any election. Well, someone says customer dada ni.

16 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by wolesmile(m): 6:13am On May 20, 2022
So you, a former Deputy Governor, still needs Fayose's backing to clinch the ticket in your senatorial district, your supposed stronghold.

What a shame!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by YoungLionken(m): 6:13am On May 20, 2022
May God bless the country with a leader that will have the thoughts of the masses at heart. Not all these greedy mofos running here and there...
Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:16am On May 20, 2022
This man is not a politician, he's just lucky let him go back to lecturing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by Tovard(m): 6:18am On May 20, 2022
These are the set of people we the citizens need never to vote for. They believed so much in godfatherism and free tickets without having the mind to serve. I don't see reasons why a grow up man will still have to depend on one person to fight for his destiny, at worse he'll fail and lesson will be learn from that against future.

Ekiti is far behind developments and no infrastructures can be show for the past 8 years except Looting of state funds and those supporters are not seeing this .

God should bless Ekiti with good leaders who have foresight.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:23am On May 20, 2022
You have no political value undecided

19 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by autodevice(m): 6:24am On May 20, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by Seyiemath(m): 6:28am On May 20, 2022
cool
Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by illicit(m): 6:28am On May 20, 2022
Fayose just dey scam dis born again man

It's not good o

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by Amotolongbo(f): 6:43am On May 20, 2022
This man isn’t serious.
So he has to rely on Fayose to do everything?
When he was contesting for the governor, it was as if Fayose was the one contesting Cos he was to cool and overshadowed.

He can’t do anything without Fayose.

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 6:45am On May 20, 2022
press9jatv:
I don’t know if the current Senator Representing Ekiti South Senatorial district, Senator Abiodun Olujinmi will seek for her reelection for 3rd term in the Senate.
nobody fit beat that woman for her constituency..

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race by President2001(m): 6:53am On May 20, 2022
Fayose is not dependable the man behave like camelion, that's why he has problem with Obasanjo on poultry

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Tinubu Can’t Separate Himself From Buhari’s Failures – Farotimi / President Goodluck & Wife Dancing (pic) / Untold Story Of Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Leadership Success!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.