Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,452 members, 7,836,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays (30409 Views)

Monkeypox Outbreak Concentrated Among Gay Men - WHO / Monkeypox Outbreak Explodes Across Europe ( Pics) / Monkeypox Outbreak Hits Bayelsa, Doctor, 10 Others Quarantined (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by Hermes119: 6:42pm On May 20, 2022
Puskas:
You must be a Gaybriel for supporting this. Spits
This is how you identify people with a low IQ
If I don't share your primitive mindset then I'm gay,bravo

1 Like

Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by Hermes119: 6:43pm On May 20, 2022
kingyakos:

Are you one of them
Nope,I'm heterosexual
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by BRATISLAVA: 6:45pm On May 20, 2022
internationalman:
I think people are now intentionally practicing gay act, not necessarily because they were born with it.

It's so because the laws and people are now openly supporting them.

It would reduce if the law is against it and the majority of people frown at it..

I mean lesbianism is to a certain degree understandable; but man to man is unfathomable.

Your last statement shows you actually endorse gay men to a degree.

1 Like

Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by kingyakos: 6:50pm On May 20, 2022
Hermes119:

Nope,I'm heterosexual

Ok.
And I don't hate people
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by BRATISLAVA: 6:53pm On May 20, 2022
Hubeznigeria:

After making a lot of sense, you ruined the whole thing with your last paragraph. Pray tell, how is lesbianism understandable to a certain degree? Call a spade a spade.

Lol. That's the Nigerian man bias for homosexuality. They approve it in women but disapprove it on men, because it toys with their idea of masculinity.
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by BRATISLAVA: 6:54pm On May 20, 2022
kingyakos:

Carry ur nyash go give atiku make e put prick na, since u love them
What a libelous statement! Or is Atkiu gay?
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by Hermes119: 6:57pm On May 20, 2022
TONYE001:

Sir, if you understand epidemiology, you'd appreciate that the UK did not just wake up from sleep to accuse the MSM community of being possible important vectors of the virus
Associating the virus with homosexual behaviour does not indict homosexuality what the UK government is trying to do is identify the factors responsible for a problem and seeking for ways to handle it. Hypertension is associated with age does that mean that geriaritics are bad

Nobody hates anyone. I do not support unnatural sexualities and this does not imply that I hate those that indulge in the act. All I'm asking is that they keep their businesses away from me.
First off,you have to define what unnatural sexualities is and while doing so be reminded that homosexuality has been observed in humans from time immemorial and is also observed in almost all animal species. You could also enlighten me on how homosexual people shove their business and down your thoat

The anus is not structured for sex. It is highly vascular. There is a very rich anastomosis in that region. This makes it easy for diseases to pass on to those that peruse the region.

Anal sex is therefore a significant threat to our health.

With further investigations and studies, we'd come to know how gays contribute to the transmission of this virus.
I agree that the anus is not structured for sex,I also agree that STI's are more easily transmissible through anal sex,but that doesn't justify homophobia after all if anal prolapse occurs it doesn't affect you,for prevention of transmission of STI's people should have safe sex, unprotected sex only when they are sure their partners are STI free and avoid cheating and that solves the problem for both heterosexual and homosexual people engaging in anal sex. I don't see how homophobia is justified with the reasons you gave
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by kingyakos: 6:58pm On May 20, 2022
BRATISLAVA:
What a libelous statement! Or is Atkiu gay?

I have his phone number, can i send it to you so you call him and ask him?..
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by Hermes119: 7:00pm On May 20, 2022
kingyakos:

Ok.
And I don't hate people
If you say so
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by gaby(m): 7:02pm On May 20, 2022
lexy2014:

Baba, e be like say u no them. Dem carry gay matter for head like say tomorrow no de

70% of their staff na rainbow na.... grin
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by BRATISLAVA: 7:07pm On May 20, 2022
kingyakos:

I have his phone number, can i send it to you so you call him and ask him?..

Say it here.

You made the allegation. It's not up to me to prove it, rather you are to prove your claims. Unless those claims of yours aren't true.
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by King44(m): 7:08pm On May 20, 2022
ogbiwa:
UK health chiefs are "actively investigating" gay and bisexual bars and spas as they try to contain the monkeypox outbreak.

Nine cases of the extremely rare disease have been confirmed in the UK so far, with six of those cases relating to men who have sex with men, according to the Daily Mail.

Officials say this is "highly suggestive of spread in sexual networks".

There is reportedly a similar pattern developing across Europe. In Spain, seven gay or bisexual men have tested positive, whereas Portugal has seen nine cases involving "mostly young" males.

There are also fears that monkeypox may be far more widespread than we are currently aware, given that most of the patients are not linked to each other.

Today (May 19), UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) warned men to look out for rashes developing on their face or genitals.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) issued an update on the outbreak last night discussing the situation in the UK, which was before two more British gay or bisexual men were confirmed to have contracted it today.

In their statement, they revealed that gay venues and the sexual contacts of the confirmed patients were being investigated.

The update read: "Health authorities in the UK have established an incident management team to coordinate the extensive contact tracing which is currently underway in health care settings and the community for those who have had contact with the confirmed cases.

"Contacts are being assessed based on their level of exposure and followed up through active or passive surveillance for 21 days from the date of last exposure to a case. Vaccination is being offered to higher risk contacts.

"A detailed backwards contact tracing investigation is also being carried out to determine the likely route of acquisition and establish whether there are any further chains of transmission within the UK for all cases.

"Sexual contacts and venues visited (for example saunas, bars and clubs) are actively being investigated for the four GBMSM [gay, bisexual and men who have sex with men] cases."

Contact tracers are reportedly interviewing the owners of gay venues as part of their investigations.

Monkeypox is a rare viral infection which can be caught from infected wild animals in parts of West and Central Africa.

It can spread between humans via both droplet respiration or an infected person's bodily fluids.

In humans it causes lesions to grow and fill with clear fluid, which then change into bumps with yellowish fluid that crust over and fall off.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), one in every 100 cases of monkeypox will result in death.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/monkeypox-outbreak-uks-gay-bars-27013692
watin concern west Africa inside. You had sex with animals and a person of same sex, and start blaming animals in west Africa, this people are silly. Don't they have animals in the UK And else where?
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by kingyakos: 7:09pm On May 20, 2022
Hermes119:

If you say so

Ok
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by Banbanna(m): 7:10pm On May 20, 2022
internationalman:
I think people are now intentionally practicing gay act, not necessarily because they were born with it.

It's so because the laws and people are now openly supporting them.

It would reduce if the law is against it and the majority of people frown at it..

I mean lesbianism is to a certain degree understandable; but man to man is unfathomable.

It seems you're a little bit tolerant of lesbian relationships. I am too and I suppose most men are. Now, this makes me wonder whether most women have that same attitude of a bit condoning man 2 man sexual affairs just the same way most men do, regards to women. By & large, It just seems to me that men & women are both far more uncomfortable with man v man than woman v woman, especially in our part of the world.
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by kingyakos: 7:10pm On May 20, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Say it here.

You made the allegation. It's not up to me to prove it, rather you are to prove your claims. Unless those claims of yours aren't true.

So that what will happen?...
Take a deep breath and rest
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by Puskas: 7:22pm On May 20, 2022
Hermes119:

This is how you identify people with a low IQ
If I don't share your primitive mindset then I'm gay,bravo
Pukes
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by TONYE001(m): 7:22pm On May 20, 2022
Hermes119:

Associating the virus with homosexual behaviour does not indict homosexuality what the UK government is trying to do is identify the factors responsible for a problem and seeking for ways to handle it. Hypertension is associated with age does that mean that geriaritics are bad

First off,you have to define what unnatural sexualities is and while doing so be reminded that homosexuality has been observed in humans from time immemorial and is also observed in almost all animal species. You could also enlighten me on how homosexual people shove their business and down your thoat

I agree that the anus is not structured for sex,I also agree that STI's are more easily transmissible through anal sex,but that doesn't justify homophobia after all if anal prolapse occurs it doesn't affect you,for prevention of transmission of STI's people should have safe sex, unprotected sex only when they are sure their partners are STI free and avoid cheating and that solves the problem for both heterosexual and homosexual people engaging in anal sex. I don't see how homophobia is justified with the reasons you gave

1. @Your first point: we are essentially saying the same thing. The UK seems to have found a pattern in the spread of the virus and the MSM community appears to be chief players in this transmission. Age is an unmodifiable risk factor of hypertension. With this information, we know it is important certain intervention protocols are activated in the elderly population as regards containing age-related incidence and prevalence of hypertension. See? So, if homosexuality is identified as a key factor in the spread of the virus, mechanisms should be put in place to contain it. In this instance, homosexuality is modifiable (unlike age in the HTN example you mentioned). If this infection is serious enough and life-threatening enough, the UK may put a law against the practice of homosexuality...thus,they would have MODIFIED this risk factor. See?

2. Sexual intercourse is nature's way of ensuring the continuity of life. Recall that one of the characteristics of living things is reproduction. This is nature's primary intent for sex. Any form of sex that does not amount to reproduction is unnatural.

3. I did not write anywhere that homosexuals shove their businesses in my throat, did I?

4. I'm glad you agree that anal sex is a major health risk. True, prolapse is not an infectious condition. So, it doesn't affect me directly. However, by engaging in high-risk sexual activities, public health is exposed to an avoidable risk. You cannot guarantee or ensure safe sex. As far as people practice anal sex, the health of populations not involved in the act is at risk. Homosexuals can pick up infections and transmit the same to others. Our universe is a closed system. Nothing escapes it. Things are recycled, one way or the other. So, no matter how you view it, anal sex and other forms of high-risk sexual lifestyles put us all at risk of coming down with STD's.

5. By the way, I wonder where you got your homophobia talk from. I can't recall mentioning that I'm homophobic.

2 Likes

Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by Bbbw: 7:25pm On May 20, 2022
Oh
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by Mrpojj(m): 7:31pm On May 20, 2022
Hermes119:
Food don land for una
Blame everything on LGBTQ including TB and Cancer
My own be say if you hate other humans because of their sexual orientation you are not different from those who killed Deborah in Sokoto,nah the same mindset una get na just say u no dey violent
Emphasis on the word hate
Shut up

Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by Sagefromtheeast: 7:33pm On May 20, 2022
ogbiwa:
UK health chiefs are "actively investigating" gay and bisexual bars and spas as they try to contain the monkeypox outbreak.

Nine cases of the extremely rare disease have been confirmed in the UK so far, with six of those cases relating to men who have sex with men, according to the Daily Mail.

Officials say this is "highly suggestive of spread in sexual networks".

There is reportedly a similar pattern developing across Europe. In Spain, seven gay or bisexual men have tested positive, whereas Portugal has seen nine cases involving "mostly young" males.

There are also fears that monkeypox may be far more widespread than we are currently aware, given that most of the patients are not linked to each other.

Today (May 19), UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) warned men to look out for rashes developing on their face or genitals.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) issued an update on the outbreak last night discussing the situation in the UK, which was before two more British gay or bisexual men were confirmed to have contracted it today.

In their statement, they revealed that gay venues and the sexual contacts of the confirmed patients were being investigated.

The update read: "Health authorities in the UK have established an incident management team to coordinate the extensive contact tracing which is currently underway in health care settings and the community for those who have had contact with the confirmed cases.

"Contacts are being assessed based on their level of exposure and followed up through active or passive surveillance for 21 days from the date of last exposure to a case. Vaccination is being offered to higher risk contacts.

"A detailed backwards contact tracing investigation is also being carried out to determine the likely route of acquisition and establish whether there are any further chains of transmission within the UK for all cases.

"Sexual contacts and venues visited (for example saunas, bars and clubs) are actively being investigated for the four GBMSM [gay, bisexual and men who have sex with men] cases."

Contact tracers are reportedly interviewing the owners of gay venues as part of their investigations.

Monkeypox is a rare viral infection which can be caught from infected wild animals in parts of West and Central Africa.

It can spread between humans via both droplet respiration or an infected person's bodily fluids.

In humans it causes lesions to grow and fill with clear fluid, which then change into bumps with yellowish fluid that crust over and fall off.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), one in every 100 cases of monkeypox will result in death.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/monkeypox-outbreak-uks-gay-bars-27013692

Ntoor ha...
They should keep gbenshing their butts
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by Tonitoniton(m): 7:37pm On May 20, 2022
Monmeypox na small thing.

The next one na gorilla pox.

Perverts !
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by Starzo: 7:42pm On May 20, 2022
Hermes119:

Simple question
Are you in support of the legislation that criminalizes homosexual people or homosexual behaviour ?
Yes!!...so am I in support of legislature that criminalises the behavior of people selling cigarettes

Does that mean I hate smokers and people selling them the sticks?
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by Starzo: 7:55pm On May 20, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Lol. That's the Nigerian man bias for homosexuality. They approve it in women but disapprove it on men, because it toys with their idea of masculinity.
.what of women that are comfortable with doing some certain things like perking and slapping/feeling of other female butts but are repulsed at the site of men trying such??... Which idea of theirs is such an act toying with?

Most times if a man sees two women engaging in some sensual activities together it natural triggers something/ a desire within. It has nothing to do with an idea of masculinity.
It comes naturally without trying to engage.

People like you that have no idea on what it takes/means to be a man who always try to tell men want should define their masculinity should shut the f*ck up.
Nobody wants your opinion on masculine matters. You are not worthy to have a say on the subject matte
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by Hermes119: 8:07pm On May 20, 2022
TONYE001:

1. @Your first point: we are essentially saying the same thing. The UK seems to have found a pattern in the spread of the virus and the MSM community appears to be chief players in this transmission. Age is an unmodifiable risk factor of hypertension. With this information, we know it is important certain intervention protocols are activated in the elderly population as regards containing age-related incidence and prevalence of hypertension. See? So, if homosexuality is identified as a key factor in the spread of the virus, mechanisms should be put in place to contain it. In this instance, homosexuality is modifiable (unlike age in the HTN example you mentioned). If this infection is serious enough and life-threatening enough, the UK may put a law against the practice of homosexuality...thus,they would have MODIFIED this risk factor. See?
well firstly homosexuality as in the attraction to the same sex is not modifiable,what we can change is sexual activity between the same sex and in this case anal sex among homosexual men,I take it that we both are in agreement on that. Secondly if it is established that anal sex is a major risk factor then the government can seek ways to contain this,I don't think it can be banned entirely because anal sex is not the root cause of the problem. Look at Smoking,it is associated with lots of diseases like COPD and lung Cancer but it is still legal. I think all the government can do is to issue a disclaimer that people who engage in anal sex are likely to acquire the disease and as such encourage safe anal sex( that is testing before such activity)

2. Sexual intercourse is nature's way of ensuring the continuity of life. Recall that one of the characteristics of living things is reproduction. This is nature's primary intent for sex. Any form of sex that does not amount to reproduction is unnatural.
I agree that the primary intent of sex is for procreation and I believe that the pleasure that we have for sex is to encourage the process,however what you just gave is not the definition of unnatural but even if I'm to accept it I can extend that definition to other practices. The female mammary gland is meant for feeding babies so men fumbling breast is unnatural,innit ?

3. I did not write anywhere that homosexuals shove their businesses in my throat, did I?
No,my bad let me use the your exact words,do they disturb you with their business and if they do how so?.

4. I'm glad you agree that anal sex is a major health risk. True, prolapse is not an infectious condition. So, it doesn't affect me directly. However, by engaging in high-risk sexual activities, public health is exposed to an avoidable risk. You cannot guarantee or ensure safe sex. As far as people practice anal sex, the health of populations not involved in the act is at risk. Homosexuals can pick up infections and transmit the same to others. Our universe is a closed system. Nothing escapes it. Things are recycled, one way or the other. So, no matter how you view it, anal sex and other forms of high-risk sexual lifestyles put us all at risk of coming down with STD's
Same applies to smoking and alcohol use but these things are legal aren't they?
Compulsory vaccination has always been met with stiff resistance despite the fact that the refusal to get vaccinated puts others at health risk
I'm not a religious person and I can list various ways that religion imparts negatively on the life of the adherents and by extension on my life too but I can't force them to stop believing in in an imaginary God can I
Conclusion,you have to understand and respect the choice of others especially if it doesn't directly affect you,we can advocate for people to get tested for STIs more often,limit number of sexual partners and other ways to limit the spread of STIs but if you suggest that outrightly banning MSM is the way to go then I think that comes from a position of bigotry

5. By the way, I wonder where you got your homophobia talk from. I can't recall mentioning that I'm homophobic.
Sorry my bad,I will ask you directly,are you homophobic,before answering please check the meaning of homophobia if you don't know
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by penceman(m): 8:18pm On May 20, 2022
What the homos thought was that there would be no consequence for their deviance but unatural activities bring un natural price
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by meobizy(f): 8:20pm On May 20, 2022
lexy2014:

Who said anything violence? Meanwhile, u haven't answered my questions:

Why are u offended. This news didn't originate from Africa. Or is daily star now an African news outlet?

By the way, are u a "black African"?
I stated a fact not out of been annoyed.
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by lexy2014: 8:24pm On May 20, 2022
meobizy:
I stated a fact not out of been annoyed.

What fact exactly? Yet the following remain unanswered:

Who said anything violence? This news didn't originate from Africa. Or is daily star now an African news outlet?

Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by meobizy(f): 8:29pm On May 20, 2022
lexy2014:

Who said anything violence? This news didn't originate from Africa. Or is daily star now an African news outlet?

Ring around the roses, this poster goes in circles. I won’t play your questions game. I’m off to better things.
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by lexy2014: 8:35pm On May 20, 2022
meobizy:
Ring around the roses, this poster goes in circles. I won’t play your questions game. I’m off to better things.

I didn't ask u to play any games. I asked you to answer simple questions.

Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by lexy2014: 8:39pm On May 20, 2022
Hermes119:
well firstly homosexuality as in the attraction to the same sex is not modifiable,what we can change is sexual activity between the same sex and in this case anal sex among homosexual men,I take it that we both are in agreement on that. Secondly if it is established that anal sex is a major risk factor then the government can seek ways to contain this,I don't think it can be banned entirely because anal sex is not the root cause of the problem. Look at Smoking,it is associated with lots of diseases like COPD and lung Cancer but it is still legal. I think all the government can do is to issue a disclaimer that people who engage in anal sex are likely to acquire the disease and as such encourage safe anal sex( that is testing before such activity)

I agree that the primary intent of sex is for procreation and I believe that the pleasure that we have for sex is to encourage the process,however what you just gave is not the definition of unnatural but even if I'm to accept it I can extend that definition to other practices. The female mammary gland is meant for feeding babies so men fumbling breast is unnatural,innit ?

No,my bad let me use the your exact words,do they disturb you with their business and if they do how so?.

Same applies to smoking and alcohol use but these things are legal aren't they?
Compulsory vaccination has always been met with stiff resistance despite the fact that the refusal to get vaccinated puts others at health risk
I'm not a religious person and I can list various ways that religion imparts negatively on the life of the adherents and by extension on my life too but I can't force them to stop believing in in an imaginary God can I
Conclusion,you have to understand and respect the choice of others especially if it doesn't directly affect you,we can advocate for people to get tested for STIs more often,limit number of sexual partners and other ways to limit the spread of STIs but if you suggest that outrightly banning MSM is the way to go then I think that comes from a position of bigotry

Sorry my bad,I will ask you directly,are you homophobic,before answering please check the meaning of homophobia if you don't know

What does it mean to be homophobic?
Re: UK Investigating Gay Bars After New Monkeypox Outbreak Related To Gays by Digmygold: 8:45pm On May 20, 2022
Ubunja the gay is infected.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN / Video Showing Nigerian Caregivers Abusing 89-Year-Old Granny Lands Them In Jail / Discharge Patients Who Test Negative Once — NCDC Issues New COVID-19 Guidelines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.