Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation (6448 Views)

Fayose To Mu’azu: Resign, Emulate British LP, Democrats’ Leaders / Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan / Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by pheesayor(m): 9:37pm On Jul 17, 2011
Abuloma80:

@mama-gee (f)

Quote from: IYA NGBALI on Yesterday at 11:39:38 AM
abeg who is this man?was he a former african president?minister or governor?
Nope! he was none of those but his achievements make these things look like a joke. Grin Grin

He is one of Africa's genuises, a man who almost brought fluent English to Africa.

[b]He equally, a man who brought cultism into Nigeria[color=#770077] through his "The sea pirates confraternity" [/b][/color]angry angry angry

Oh really?? Which country did he bring cultism from?
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:24pm On Jul 17, 2011
forum filled with illiterates

so because Soyinka wanted to bring in frats/sororities to you baboons in Nigeria, it's now his fault that you animals turned it into something completely different from what he was hoping for?

awon ode
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by ektbear: 12:14am On Jul 18, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

forum filled with illiterates

so because Soyinka wanted to bring in frats/sororities to you baboons in Nigeria, it's now his fault that you animals turned it into something completely different from what he was hoping for?

awon ode

The way my pops tells it to me, it was way worse than that. Sounded more like some sort of secret society/masonic order than a simple innocuous frat.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by Ystranger: 12:25am On Jul 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9jaiJJbKd8

The history from the Capon himself.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by EzeUche(m): 12:28am On Jul 18, 2011
Soyinka does not deserve this criticism. He is a good man.

What is wrong with Nigerians ridiculing good people?
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by Ystranger: 12:37am On Jul 18, 2011
EzeUche:

Soyinka does not deserve this criticism. He is a good man.

What is wrong with Nigerians ridiculing good people?

what do you know?
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by ektbear: 12:58am On Jul 18, 2011
Let us cherish him for the things he accomplishing in his literary career.

But certain other aspects of his life? I don't think he should be a role model in those.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by WaltherPPK: 6:37am On Jul 18, 2011
Ignorant people spewing trash.None of you knows anything about this man.We should rather celebrate people like him.Long live the CB of Tortuga.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by Jakumo(m): 6:45am On Jul 18, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Watch it. Some of my best friends are baboons. Matter of fact I hold esteemed membership in the Grand Order of Exalted Baboons, Ajegunle Chapter.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by lekside44(m): 8:44am On Jul 18, 2011
whether he is a saint or a devil he is a noble Laurette. noble winners are special spices on earth. this is one regret i have for our own chinua achiebe. despite the good he has done to mankind with things fall apart, the world are yet to honour him
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 18, 2011
Ahoy!, to the Legendary Sailor, May God bless you.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by Ystranger: 9:25am On Jul 18, 2011
lekside44:

whether he is a saint or a devil he is a noble Laurette. noble winners are special spices on earth. this is one regret i have for our own chinua achiebe. despite the good he has done to mankind with things fall apart, the world are yet to honour him

You need to enroll in night school, Like ASAP.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by maclatunji: 10:23am On Jul 18, 2011
Jakumo:

Watch it. Some of my best friends are baboons. Matter of fact I hold esteemed membership in the Grand Order of Exalted Baboons, Ajegunle Chapter.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by phreakabit(m): 11:10am On Jul 18, 2011
pheesayor:

NFNF

valacious link=topic=713967.32.msg8728237 date=1310934749:

Odas is odas.

See these 2 sea baboons abi na duck dey try code lingo. RFLMAO@both r you.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by favouredjb(f): 11:15am On Jul 18, 2011
Soyinka will be remembered even by generations yet unborn,he is simply a great man,long live kongi
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by chimaike: 11:28am On Jul 18, 2011
He is my most favourite westerner, i hold himwith high esteem. Happy birthday to a great achiever.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by logica(m): 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

The way my pops tells it to me, it was way worse than that. Sounded more like some sort of secret society/masonic order than a simple innocuous frat.
Could it be your pops is still sour he wasn't inducted, or did he feel oppressed by a group of super-smart dudes taking all the chicks?
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by BigMeat2: 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2011
He has spoken right, why should anyone want to emulate him.
What we so called younger generation should aspire to do is to create our own ideology that will help in the development of Nigeria.
He has done is very best to try and move Nigeria forward.
A big thank you to him for all what he has achieved in Nigeria, we still need people like him.

Happy Birthday Sir.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2011
ekt_bear, he visited the states, saw the brotherhood of fraternities (community service, helping others out with employment after school etc) and such and felt such would be beneficial in Nigeria as well

The monkeys in Nigeria decided to turn it into something completely different and sinster and that's why there's the BS cults they have today

Not his fault, Nigerians ruin everything
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by ektbear: 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2011
logica:

Could it be your pops is still sour he wasn't inducted, or did he feel oppressed by a group of super-smart dudes taking all the chicks?

Hehe. My pops is a tall (6'4) very good looking dude. Even up to age 50, his stomach was washboard-flat. Regarding intelligence, he is roughly as smart as I am. In other words, smart as fvck. I haven't talked about this type of stuff with him before, but I am sure he had no issues pulling tail in his Ife days grin
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by Ystranger: 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2011
POC:

Soyinka had not traveled out of the country before he started his cult group.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by emmatok(m): 12:05am On Jul 19, 2011
Ystranger:

POC:

Soyinka had not traveled out of the country before he started his cult group.

Do you need to Travel out b4 studying, Law,Medicine or Engineering?

Do you need to Travel out b4 creating a frat?

You peeps just love to criticize without get fact.

Frats exist in almost all Western Universities and they are not illegal.

Frats are not Cults.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by Ystranger: 1:24am On Jul 19, 2011
emmatok:

Do you need to Travel out b4 studying, Law,Medicine or Engineering?

Do you need to Travel out b4 creating a frat?

You peeps just love to criticize without get fact.

Frats exist in almost all Western Universities and they are not illegal.

Frats are not Cults.

Actually, my post was a reply to this erroneous post here:

ekt_bear, he visited the states, saw the brotherhood of fraternities (community service, helping others out with employment after school etc) and such and felt such would be beneficial in Nigeria as well

That having been said, Soyinka started a CULT group, not a FRAT.

And yes, Frats arent indigenous to Africa. It is not our thing.

And yes, we didnt start studying Medicine, Engineering, Law until the White man opened our eyes and civilized us.

Without them, we would probably still be dying of curable/preventable diseases like Malaria, Chicken pox, whooping cough etc.

White people rock!
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by DExplorer1: 3:02am On Jul 19, 2011
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by sweetguy10(m): 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2011
To hell with whatever U guys say , None of ur family members can ever near an inch of his achievements , Buncha baboons .

Ahoy baba , Happy B.day !!!

DDH
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by sweetguy10(m): 8:42pm On Jul 19, 2011
Ystranger:

And yes, we didnt start studying Medicine, Engineering, Law until the White man opened our eyes and civilized us.

Without them, we would probably still be dying of curable/preventable diseases like Malaria, Chicken pox, whooping cough etc.

White people rock!

Uninformed He-goat , he did not start a Cult , he started a Confraternity that was known by the school authorities at the moment . Wait do you even know the difference between a cult and confraternity ? get a dictionary or better still GOOGLE is your friend . God knows how these e-diots manage to pass in school . If you in any way feel bad pour one bucket of water on urself walk to a transformer somewhere around you and HUG it , or hit ur Dumb head on the wall and DIE , Okie dokie ?
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by sweetguy10(m): 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2011
Ystranger:

White people rock!

Now i believe ur Stupiditeeee is at its height or u are on that drug again , what about the Ogboni confraternity ? Talk about africans and cultism , how about the Confraternity of the elders( Ruling class in yoruba land).
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:06am On Jul 20, 2011
why are you even responding to the haters

when those yarning dust get the kind of recognition Soyinka receives in their lives then I'll take them seriously til then couldnt care less.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by logica(m): 3:55am On Jul 21, 2011
ekt_bear:

Hehe. My pops is a tall (6'4) very good looking dude.
LOL. If you may say so yourself eh? Anyway good thing you took it in good humor. But I suspect your dad was just going off on rumors and not actual experience.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by sweetguy10(m): 3:22pm On Jul 21, 2011
logica:

LOL. If you may say so yourself eh? Anyway good thing you took it in good humor. But I suspect your dad was just going off on rumors and not actual experience.

You stole it from my heart uh? exactly what i wanted to write

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations / Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali / Apga Returns APC Broom To Lagos - Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.