Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation (6447 Views)

Fayose To Mu’azu: Resign, Emulate British LP, Democrats’ Leaders / Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan / Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators (2) (3) (4)

Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by hannie: 11:43pm On Jul 15, 2011
JACKAL vs MILITIA . . .

This would have been the mother of all battles only if Jackal had not lost 'form' . . .

changing names from Jackal to all sorts of nomenclature even right to Coogar is now taking its turn on Gbenga . . .PATHETIC cry

I remember on NL the days of :

Jackal vs Akolawole

Kitaun vs Jackal

Jackal vs Razorr/Mukina/Jejelola

Fynewaka vs Kitaun vs Jackal vs Mr Pataki

Jackal vs Fynewaka

Jackal vs Dayokanu

at bebelo . . .
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by IYANGBALI: 11:39am On Jul 16, 2011
abeg who is this man?was he a former african president?minister or governor?
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by tuto: 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2011
i can only emulate your bbbbbbbbbrain prof
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by Solozzo(m): 1:05pm On Jul 16, 2011
@IYA MGBALI

Wole Soyinka is one of Nigeria's greatest literary writers, and a Noble Prize Winner

Please click to read about his life and achievements

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wole_Soyinka
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by otokx(m): 1:18pm On Jul 16, 2011
MEND and BOKO HARAM are there to emulate not to talk of PDP and olopa.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by Sike(m): 1:54pm On Jul 16, 2011
Simply said!
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by skappy: 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2011
what has he done for this country apart from his numerous criticism, remember the idiots comment on Bola ige s murder,
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 16, 2011
Odas is odas.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by sizzlers(m): 2:25pm On Jul 16, 2011
im not wole fan but i think the international community value him more than BABA IYABO and GEJ,
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by executinal(m): 2:28pm On Jul 16, 2011
IYA NGBALI:

Men i wanted to respond to your question, but your profile pic is something else lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by Nymphnode(m): 2:37pm On Jul 16, 2011
What is the probability that another Yoruba man will win a Nobel prize in the near future? Ans= 0.  And old Wole had to dash the dream of 77 young dude who honored the invitation with only that thought in their minds, even in public.  Well, he is a Capone and he must have seen their chicken heart cheesy
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by SAOguns(m): 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2011
NO one is without fult. prof wole has his own achiles hill, dis not whistanding his charachters are worth emulating
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by SegzyJoe(m): 4:20pm On Jul 16, 2011
@post
All you chicken hearted haters that sees nothing good in Soyinka even at his age. This is somebody that has made us proud during our darkest moment, someone that has placed Nigeria on the map of the world, someone who at a time is the only voice that the international community would respect, I remember during the military yrs, once there is a problem in Nigeria, CNN, BCC and all others will be looking for him to speak, and here the man is marking 77yrs yet at his age some people whose father were never known even on their street are sayin rubbish. sometimes i wonder how active this tribalism of a thing is so strong in our generarion, that except an individual is from our tribe we find it difficult to appreciate their life achievement. this is the only nobel laureate in our history and probably the first in Africa, yet some educated illiterate people are insulting him here, a man that is a worthy ambassador of Nigeria, a man the entire globe will choose to speak before choosing all former and present Nigerian presidents put together. It is a shame for this generation not to see anything good in Soyinka, it is even a worst shame to attempt to rubbish his achievements by no other persons than jobless, hopeless and frustrated youths parading Nairaland forum.

I think there is a fundamental distortion in the psychic of this generation, could this be a result of the failure of society that failed to instill positive values in their future leaders.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2011
@segzyjoe
You took the words from my mouth. All I can say now is "GBAM!"
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by Ishilove: 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2011
SegzyJoe:

@post
All you chicken hearted haters that sees nothing good in Soyinka even at his age. This is somebody that has made us proud during our darkest moment, someone that has placed Nigeria on the map of the world, someone who at a time is the only voice that the international community would respect, I remember during the military yrs, once there is a problem in Nigeria, CNN, BCC and all others will be looking for him to speak, and here the man is marking 77yrs yet at his age some people whose father were never known even on their street are sayin rubbish. sometimes i wonder how active this tribalism of a thing is so strong in our generarion, that except an individual is from our tribe we find it difficult to appreciate their life achievement. this is the only nobel laureate in our history and probably the first in Africa, yet some educated illiterate people are insulting him here, a man that is a worthy ambassador of Nigeria, a man the entire globe will choose to speak before choosing all former and present Nigerian presidents put together. It is a shame for this generation not to see anything good in Soyinka, it is even a worst shame to attempt to rubbish his achievements by no other persons than jobless, hopeless and frustrated youths parading Nairaland forum.

I think there is a fundamental distortion in the psychic of this generation, could this be a result of the failure of society that failed to instill positive values in their future leaders.
Bullseye!!! Q.E.D
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by MMM2(m): 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2011
Ok,
We don hear.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by blackbeau1(f): 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2011
Soyinka,you may not be the best role model but young Nigerians need a role model.you dont have a choice but to serve as a role model.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by Natasha2(f): 8:28pm On Jul 16, 2011
^that was funny grin
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by mamagee3(f): 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2011
IYA NGBALI:

Nope! he was none of those but his achievements make these things look like a joke. grin grin

He is one of Africa's genuises, a man who almost brought fluent English to Africa.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by reindeer: 8:35pm On Jul 16, 2011
SegzyJoe:

@post

SPLENDID. SPLENDID.
Reading a post like this makes me feel that there's a glimmer of hope for Nigeria. All round sensible.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 16, 2011
not 4getting that he was a coward who ran into exile when the heat was on and from there kept barking. Kinda reminds me of a whipped dog.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by emmatok(m): 10:14pm On Jul 16, 2011
SegzyJoe:

@post

My man just ignore all these fools, insulting W.S on NL.

See them claiming holier than thou.

They are busy are calling W.S Cultist and Atheist.

Yet he is better than most of your thieving Pastors and Politicians put together.

W.S is simply telling youths, to develop them-selves and stop doing "follow- follow".
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by sweetguy10(m): 11:09pm On Jul 16, 2011
SegzyJoe:

@post

Tell them bro , you really make my day with this post that tackles the ego-driven-to-fo()lishness people on this topic that are denting his achievements . Who in their entire generation has achieved a quarter of what the man has achieved ? Useless racial animals why not rejoice with him rather than go mad because none of your generation, lineage or tribe has not even achieved an Inch of the feats done by the great ? Some people for no reason on here like flexing E-muscle ,maybe to get Invisible respect from other readers or their sub-conscious is accidentally displaying its uselessness,fo()lishness God knows . I'm one of those reaping from this man's legacy if you ask me how , google will give you answers . Anyway popsy told me that a great man is never appreciated in his own Land, he does not give a hoot about whatever you low lifes think of him . Roger that buffoons.Awon oloshi jati jati .
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by Roland17(m): 5:57am On Jul 17, 2011
Now, people who are not even fit to lace the shoes of this World citizen, literary icon are quick to throw stones at him for perceived wrongdoings in his personal life as though by the time they age 77 they would have achieved close to what he has. Soyinka is not indebted to anyone, worse still his critics on Nairaland. The greatest men that have walked the sands of time on earth all made grievous mistakes, yet they are remembered for their greatness.

Tata Madiba (Mandela), Malcom X, Martin Luther J, Mahatma Ghandi, Michael Jackson, Muhammad Ali, Albert Einstein, Marie curie, Fela, Princess Diana, all made errors in life, CAST A STONE ON THEM AND ROCKS WOULD BEFALL YOU, WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE THEM?

No wonder, illiteracy continuously thrives in Nigeria, even amongst ignorant literates,
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by member479760: 9:13am On Jul 17, 2011
Thank you prof., happy birthday! we wouldn't emulate you, grammar failed us already now is time for actions.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by qmd24(m): 9:34am On Jul 17, 2011
gbammmmmmmmmm
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by stmarc32(m): 9:41am On Jul 17, 2011
well i hope our youths don't, Wole is simply over-rated and has never given any criticism favourable to the african, he's just another agent of imperialist europe and america in Nigeria,
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by phreakabit(m): 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2011
Just when I thought about following in his footsteps and starting my own cult! angry
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by Abuloma80(f): 7:57pm On Jul 17, 2011
@mama-gee (f)

Quote from: IYA NGBALI on Yesterday at 11:39:38 AM
Nope! he was none of those but his achievements make these things look like a joke. Grin Grin

He is one of Africa's genuises, a man who almost brought fluent English to Africa.

He equally, a man who brought cultism into Nigeria[color=#770077] through his "The sea pirates confraternity" [/color]angry angry angry
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by Dagbaahmed(m): 8:00pm On Jul 17, 2011
Y should they emulate u? They need money,not stories.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by redsun(m): 8:10pm On Jul 17, 2011
Dagbaahmed:

Y should they emulate u? They need money,not stories.

Stories create money,you know.
Re: Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation by pheesayor(m): 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2011
valacious:

Odas is odas.

NFNF

The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> / Full Meaning Of BUHARI / Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations