Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:44 AM

Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million (42927 Views)

We Are Ahead - Osinbajo After APC Presidential Screening / Cabal Planning To Dump Osinbajo After Using Him - Ozekhome / Afenifere Tackles Osinbajo: You Are A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by SmartPolician: 4:35pm On May 24, 2022
Klington:

Him and his principal are a colossal disaster.

Don't blame him.

If has to beat Tinubu, he needs to share money.
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by TrackerXL: 4:37pm On May 24, 2022
Lagos is the 4 largest economy in Africa today all thanks to no one but Tinubu. Peter Pandora Anambra is not even in the top 100.

Jozibrainz99:

Wow!!! So in Lagos, 1 dollar is how much??
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by TrackerXL: 4:41pm On May 24, 2022
Superwave16320:
With constructive criticism on the qualities of the 2 personality. I personally know for a fact that Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a beta leader n man manager than Peter Obi and there is no way they can or should be compared which is the reason igbos on NL dare not write articles on such. I compare their qualities n achievement as follows

Economy - from a dead comatose state bastardized with neglect of all infrastructures during military era there is no debate today that Lagos is the 4 largest economy in Africa. All to the genius of one man, it will be foolhardy to mention Peter Obi Anambra here at all. 90; 10

Security - with creation funding n equipping anti crime police such as the Rapid Response Squad, Neighborhood guard etc we all can attest to remarkable feat by Tinubu. We all can attest to how Anambra was a den of thieves n how Igbos were scared of returning to the East while Peter Obi was gov, I won't want to add Azu river slaughter not to ridicule Peter Obi further. Anybody can provide evidence of Peter Obi feat in securing lives n properties of Anambra while he was governor. 90; 10

Education - some argued Peter Obi edged Tinubu in education arising from improved WAEC result n possible return of missionary schools to rightful owners. Note both governors returned missionary schools to their owners. WAEC is not the only medium education should be judged. While lecturers were going on n off strike over salary while Peter Obi was governor that never happened under Tinubu. Lagos state as always maintained is WAEC rating among the best 7. in Nigeria as well. Peter Obi furnished school in Anambra with computers an unprecedented feat in Nigeria. Bola Tinubu upgraded LASUTH facility also unprecedented. I am not sure if Anambra pay bursary but Lagos did under Tinubu. Here Peter Obi edge it 44;56

Infrastructure - I am surprised to discovered Peter Obi built a bridge that as now collapsed. While scavenging for project he commissioned I came across this thread with many not administration https://www.nairaland.com/6964207/governor-achievements-peter-obi. I know both candidates did built roads but a Lagos with over 19 flyover bridges, Ekorail, Eko Atlantic Refinery, Lekki seaport, airport n many more already shows who the truly leaders is. For those who claim refinery is no state project the leadership quality to attract such is worthy of note. Anambra isn't doing badly here thank to the ingenuity of Obiano airport, flyovers mall I will score this 70; 30.

Employment - We all know Lagos employees the largest number of civil servant after the FG and pays beta than all the state in the federation today. 80;20

Waste Management - with introduction of Lawma until Ambode scuttle it efficiency Lagos was close to managing it waste effortless. Anambra today as show last week still trade surrounded by waste. 70;30

Transportation - I doubt if there is any govt effort on transport in Anambra. Lagbus LAMATA all speak for itself even with there poor services. 90;10

Human resource development - this is self explanatory Tinubu is a builder of men with the likes of Fashola Oshibajo Fowler Aregbe etc. Till date Peter Obi is yet to build anyone except himself. Takes this debate to many skill acquisition center Lagos parade in all LGA to understand there is not debate 80;20

Corruption - Tinubu with no political post with bullion van is seen by some fraud Peter Obi was caught red-handed with N250 million cash in Lagos while he was governor of Anambra n his only defence is that he paid a contractor n this same contractor chose to carry the cash in Peter Obi's convoy to Lagos. How this is a tenable excuse to this glaring criminal act is what I do not understand. Tinubu AlphaBeta charges Lagos 10% while Peter Obi open an offshore acct in his daughter while he was governor, pls note he did not open the account before or after he was governor but when he was this is a verified fact but the sum of $500 million he lodged in the account is what is debatable. I have no idea what to score each candidate so you do your maths.

Anyone with objective critique of both candidates should bring it up to be debated. Note - I have other areas such as international relations, housing, IGR etc with increasing edge for Tinubu so I sincerely which I can see anyone who can argue the edge Peter Obi as over Bola Tinubu in leadership qualities.

BabydiHot:
[s][/s]
holy ghost fire
Phaantom22:
hatred go kill you, can you Compare obi to the most notorious thief in the west...Tinubu?

Before holy ghost start to fire your father out of bigotry here is comparison btw Obi n Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by NofiuFade(m): 4:44pm On May 24, 2022
To begin with, poverty in the land is increasing, not decreasing under Buhari/Osinbajo who promised to take 100 million people out of poverty in ten years. The bank reports that eight million more Nigerians were added to the bottom pile of human progress and development called poverty in less than two years. To make the matter worst the whole of RCCG church of God boldly secede some part of its members and churches to actively involve in politics so they can inflate more poverty on Nigerians by voting Osinbajo again! It is finished! Abeg
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by COMPAQ(m): 4:51pm On May 24, 2022
Nemere2020:
''I thought you are a person of God. You are faceless to me'' - Actor Aremu Afolayan tackles VP Osinbajo after he changed 6,500 Dihram in Dubai to N1 million

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/5/i-thought-you-are-a-person-of-god-you-are-faceless-to-me-actor-aremu-afolayan-tackles-vp-osinbajo-after-he-changed-6500-dihram-in-dubai-to-n1-million.html

"Hello guys, Nigeria is dead, Sincerely dead. I will show you why it's dead because if an economy of a Country is not growing, it's a burial ground." (Afolayan)

Because of common N1mln!!
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by Backpedal: 4:56pm On May 24, 2022
donphilopus:

Same Peter Obi that couldn't take Anambra to the so-called promised land?! Y'all will fail in your attempt to whitewash this Peter Obi. Someone who couldn't transform that tiny Anambra would transform Nigeria? Funny!

What is this one saying
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by dododawa1: 4:58pm On May 24, 2022
Plenty BLOOD on BUHARI and NNAMDI KANU.
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by anyilalaz: 5:01pm On May 24, 2022
A friend once told me: '' I wish there's a magic wand to transport to and fro all Nigerians to Dubai for a second, then you will see how the politician will be on the run"...
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by ledaman: 5:07pm On May 24, 2022
And some bunch of idiots will be calling him star boy. Monumental failed pastor
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by Amumaigwe: 5:14pm On May 24, 2022
donphilopus:

Same Peter Obi that couldn't take Anambra to the so-called promised land?! Y'all will fail in your attempt to whitewash this Peter Obi. Someone who couldn't transform that tiny Anambra would transform Nigeria? Funny!

Olodo read carefully :

*PETER OBI RELEASES HIS FULL PROFILE AS MORE NIGERIANS PREVAIL ON HIM TO RUN FOR PRESIDENCY*

NAME : Mr. Peter Gregory OBI, (CON).

CONTACT DETAILS

*22 Niger Drive, GRA, Onitsha, Anambra State, Nigeria
*Tel: 08034051000
*E-mail: poanambra@gmail.com

DATE OF BIRTH : 19th July 1961,

PLACE OF BIRTH: Onitsha, Nigeria

NATIONALITY: Nigerian

MARITAL STATUS: Married with two children

EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED

· Christ the King College, Onitsha (W.A.S.C.)

. University of Nigeria, Nsukka (B.A. Philosophy)

· Lagos Business School, Nigeria (Chief Executive Program)

· Harvard Business School, Boston, U.S.A. (Mid to Mid Marketing)

· Harvard Business School, Boston, U.S.A. (Changing the Game)

· London School of Economics (Financial Mgmt/Business Policy)

· Columbia Business School, New York, U.S.A. (Marketing Mgmt )

· Institute for Management Development, Switzerland (Senior Executive Program)

· Institute for Management Development, Switzerland (Break-Through Program for CEOs)

· Kellogg Graduate School of Management, U.S.A. (Advanced Executive Program)

· Kellogg School of Management U.S.A. (Global Advanced Mgmt Program)

. Oxford University: Said Business School, (Advanced Mgmt& Leadership Program)

. Cambridge University: George Business School (Advanced Leadership Program)

PREVIOUS POSITIONS

· Governor, Anambra State of Nigeria (2006-2014)

· Honorary Special Adviser to the President on Finance (till May, 2015)

· Member, Presidential Economic Management Team (till May, 2015)

· Vice-Chairman, Nigeria Governors’ Forum (2008-2014)

· Chairman, South-East Governors’ Forum (2006-2014)

. Former Chairman: Board of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)

· Former Chairman: Fidelity Bank Plc.

· Former Chairman: Guardian Express Mortgage Bank, Ltd.

· Former Chairman: Future Views Securities, Ltd.

· Former Chairman: Paymaster Nigeria Plc.

· Former Chairman: Next International (Nigeria) Ltd

· Former Director: Guardian Express Bank Plc.

· Former Director: Chams Nigeria Plc.

· Former Director: Emerging Capital Ltd

· Former Director: Card Centre Plc

MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS/ORGANIZATIONS

· Member, Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG)

· Member, Nigerian Chartered Institute of Bankers

· Member, British Institute of Directors (IOD)

MEMBERSHIP OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT COMMITTEES

In my capacity as the Governor of Anambra State, I served as a member of:

*Federal Government Committee on Minimum Wage

*Federal Government Committee on Negotiation with Labour on Subsidy

*Federal Government Committee on Mass Transit

*Federal Government Committee on Natural Resource

*National Economic Council Committee on Power Sector Reform

*National Economic Council Committee on Sharing of MDGs Funds

*National Economic Council Committee on Accurate Data on Nigeria’s Oil Import and Export

*Agricultural Transformation Implementation Council

*Sub-Committee on Needs Analysis of Public Universities in Nigeria

*National Economic Council Review Committee on the Power Sector

AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS

2015: Golden Jubilee Award from Catholic Diocese of Onitsha for outstanding contribution to quality healthcare delivery in St. Charles Borromeo Hospital in particular and Anambra State in general, on the occasion of the Golden Jubilee celebration of the hospital.

*2014: Nigerian Library Association Golden Merit Award for remarkable improvement of libraries in Anambra State, exemplified by our Government's construction of the Kenneth Dike Digital State Library, remarkable upgrade of the Onitsha Divisional Library, and provision of library facilities in secondary schools across the State.

*2014: Champion Newspaper Most Outstanding Igbo Man of the Decade.

* 2014 The Voice Newspaper (Holand) Achievers Award for Outstanding Example in Leadership and Governance.

*2013: Silver Bird Man of the Year (with Governor BabatundeFashola of Lagos State).

*2012: Business Hallmark Newspaper Man of the Year.

*2012: The Golden Award on Prudence – by the Methodist Church of Nigeria as the Most
Financially Prudent Governor in Nigeria.

* 2012: Leadership and Good Governance Award by The Ezeife Leadership Foundation Award for restoring peace and harmony to Anambra State.

* 2012: Best Performing Governor on Immunization in South-East Nigeria – by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

* 2012: Outstanding Financial Planner and Manager – by the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion for my resourcefulness and creativity in governance.

*2011: Zik Leadership Prize.

*2010: ICT Governor of the Year – by the West Africa ICT Development Award.

*2009: Champion Newspaper Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Governor Award.

*2009: Thisday Newspaper Most Prudent Governor in Nigeria.

*2007: The Sun Newspaper Man of the Year Award.

**The Nigerian MDGs Office/UNDP Best Governor in the Implementation of the MDGs in Nigeria

INTRODUCTION OF CONSTITUTIONAL AND OTHER MAJOR CHANGES IN NIGERIAN POLITICS

*He was the first gubernatorial candidate in Nigeria to legally challenge to its logical conclusion, his governorship electoral victory that was denied him. He won in the Courts and reclaimed his mandate.

*He was the first Governor in Nigeria to legally challenge his wrongful impeachment and was reinstated by the Courts.

*He was the first Governor in Nigeria to seek the interpretation of tenures of Governors when INEC allowed elections to take place in Anambra State when his tenure had not expired; the election already concluded was cancelled and he was allowed to complete his tenure.

*He was the first Governor to serve a 2nd term in both the new and old Anambra State, that is, almost 40 years after creation of the State.

*He was the first Governor, whilst still in Office, to be appointed a Special Adviser to the President.

*He was the first serving Governor to be appointed into the Presidential Economic Management Team.

*He was among the first Governors to be honoured with a National Award in 2011, while still in office.

*Though the only Governor whose political party was in government in only one State, he was elected Vice-Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum twice.

*Though the only non-PDP Governor in the South-East (made up of 5 States), he was elected by the other 4 PDP Governors as their Chairman for 8 years rather than the usual one year.

FUNDAMENTAL ACHIEVEMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA STATE (PARTIAL LISTING)

1. Anambra was the first State to commence Sub-Sovereign Wealth savings, the first of its kind in Sub-Saharan Africa. At a time many other Governors were leaving huge debts, I left the equivalent of $500 million Dollars in investment as well as local and foreign currency, including $156 million in Dollar-denominated bonds.

2. For the first time in the history of Anambra State, Ambassadors and High Commissioners of notable countries such as United Stated, Britain, Russia, European Union, South Africa, Belgium, Israel, the Netherlands, Canada, among others, visited the State. Before my tenure, Anambra was practically a pariah state blacklisted by the Diplomatic Corps and international development partners.

3. Development partners such as UNDP, UNICEF, the World Bank, DFID, the European Union etc., which hitherto were not in Anambra State started working with the State. Anambra was consistently adjudged one of the best states in development partnership and commitment to reforms for good governance.

4. He was recognised as Best Governor by the Millennium Development Goals Office (OSSAP-MDGs) and the UNDP in the implementation of their programmes in Nigeria.

5. The Nigerian Debt Management Office (DMO) rated Anambra as the least indebted state in Nigeria. In spite of visible and measurable achievements recorded in various sectors, the State under him did not borrow or raise bonds for her various projects.

6. The Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria rated Anambra State as the most financially stable state in the country.

7. The State's ground-breaking return of schools to their original owners - Voluntary Agencies (Churches) on 1st January 2009, and subsequent partnership with the Agencies in Education, saw the State move from 24th position out of 36 States to Number One in National Examination Council (NECO) and West African Examination Council (WAEC) examinations for three consecutive years. This made the World Bank to commission a study, led by the renowned Prof. Paul Collier of Oxford University, on this revolutionary partnership and phenomenal achievement.

8. The State also entered into strategic partnership with the Churches in the Health sector. This symbiotic relationship resulted in a tremendous boost to health care because of the services offered by health institutions owned by Voluntary Agencies, while the State restored grants to the agencies and made available to them more than 50 million Dollars in various types of support.

10. Through partnership with the Church in the Health sector, his Government funded the transformation of -:

a: Iyienu Hospital, Ogidi;
b: Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Ihiala;
c: St Charles Borromeo Hospital, Onitsha;
d: Holy Rosary Hospital, Waterside, Onitsha; and
e: St. Joseph Hospital, Adazi-Nnukwu.
His Government also built the Joseph Nwilo Heart Centre in St. Joseph, Adazi-Nnukwu, where heart operations are now being performed.

11. His Government won the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (1 Million dollars) as the best-performing state in immunisation in the South-East. With complementary funding from our Government, they used the money to build 10 Maternal and Child Care Centres across the State, particularly in rural communities, in partnership with the Churches.

12. The State was the first to procure and distribute more than 30,000 computers to secondary schools, including 22,500 from HP. The Managing Director for Personal Systems Group HP Inc, Mr. FabriceCampoy described the deployment as the biggest of such projects in the Middle-East and Africa.

13. Anambra State Government provided Microsoft Academies to more than 500 secondary schools, which the Head of Microsoft in Nigeria (Mr. Ken Span) described as the biggest such deployment in Africa so far.

14. The State provided Internet access to more than 500 secondary schools, which the CEO of Galaxy Backbone (Mr. Gerald Ilukwe) characterized as incomparable to any in the country.

15. More than 700 buses were provided to secondary schools in the State by our Government.

16. Boreholes were provided in schools all over the State.

17. Numerous classrooms were built in all the 177 communities of the State.

18 As part of the efforts to turn around the economy of the State, a number of companies were attracted to build their facilities in the Anambra State. A case in point is SABMiller, the 2nd largest brewery in the world, which built their first Green Field facility in the State, which is today one of the most successful facilities they operate globally.

19. A number of other companies followed the SABMiller initiative and were all supported and encouraged under our Government; a good example is INNOSON Motor Manufacturing Company, from which our government bought more than 1,000 vehicles.

20. Anambra State for the first time started close collaboration with recognized government security agencies (the Police, Army, Navy, Department of State Security, Civil Defence, among others), offering them various types of support including provision of more than 500 security vehicles. The improvement in security was phenomenal, such that the former IG of Police (Abubakar Mohammed) lauded Anambra State for not witnessing any bank robbery in my last three years in office.

21. To further enhance security, Anambra State provided at least one security vehicle to each of all the 177 communities in the State as well as various organizations such as markets and Churches.

22. His Administration conceived and built, from scratch, the first state-owned Teaching Hospital, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu teaching Hospital, Awka.

23. His Government commenced the planned development of the Igbariam Campus of the ChukwuemekaOdumegwu-Ojukwu University, including the fencing, construction of internal roads, electrification, construction of the Faculty of Law, Auditorium, Administrative Block, Faculty of Agriculture, Management Building, among others).

24. His Government attracted the World Bank support on erosion - National Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP) - to Anambra State.

25. His Government was the first to do Poverty Mapping in Nigeria, as a guide for the effective implementation of our poverty-alleviation strategies.

26 His Government, for the first time, undertook the aerial mapping of Awka as well as the production of Structure Plans for Awka Capital Territory, Onitsha and Nnewi.

27. During his tenure and with his Government's support, Anambra State became an oil producing State.

28. He built the first Secretariat Complex to house State Government Ministries that were hitherto scattered around the State.

29. His government commenced the development of the 'Three Arms Zone' comprising Government House/Governor’s Lodge, Legislative Building/Speakers Residence, and Judiciary Building with Chief Judge’s Residence.

30. By the end of his tenure in 2014, more than twelve (12) health institutions, including two hospitals, had secured accreditation; when we took off in 2006, no health institution in Anambra State was duly accredited.

31. Anambra State was the first to undergo national peer review, which scrutinised State Governments for good governance, through the State Peer Review Mechanism (SPRM), an initiative of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum in collaboration with the DFID.

-
Do you want to see Peter Obi run for the office of the President?
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by safetyInspector(m): 5:15pm On May 24, 2022
You can equally say that US Dollar was at 415 yesterday. Don't you know that the actual value of Naira is in parallel market?
Jollylolly:
So the VP is now Emefiele or is he Zainab Ahmed who is the finance minister?All these yeyebrities with their ignorance.

He even lied grin grin because 1AED is N113 as of today.
https://www.exchangerates.org.uk/Dirhams-to-Nigerian-Naira-currency-conversion-page.html

1 Like

Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by Buckeyemedia1: 5:27pm On May 24, 2022
TrackerXL:
Lagos is the 4 largest economy in Africa today all thanks to no one but Tinubu. Peter Pandora Anambra is not even in the top 100.

You must have been born sometime in 2001? Even a goat as Governor of Lagos State for 8 years, given a free hand, will achieve more than jagaban.

If not it would have been the opposite, the Criminal enriched himself beyond figures with the funds of Lagos State.

The stock exchange is on broad street Lagos State, no be Tinubu put am for there, Lagos State is the capitalist center of Nigeria long before Bola Ahmed Tinubu migrated to Lagos State.

1 Like

Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by Lightorder: 5:28pm On May 24, 2022
StrongandMighty:
Since when did Osibanjo became the president?
I tire o. I learnt that Osinbajo is the Vice of a sitting PDP president
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by Lightorder: 5:29pm On May 24, 2022
Malory:
Shatap. He is in charge of economy
don’t mind that educated illiterate of a lazy youth you replied
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by lexy2014: 5:30pm On May 24, 2022
TrackerXL:
Lagos is the 4 largest economy in Africa today all thanks to no one but Tinubu. .

Wow...can u pls explain how Tinubu made Lagos the 4th largest economy in Africa?
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by Elitecomtech: 5:32pm On May 24, 2022
So na now him know say naira bad? Common Benin CFA na the same with naira now.

Anyways, I Dey buy Gh’s and xof. Contact me if you get for sale. Zero eight zero three two four three one one five eight. Thanks �

1 Like

Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by Buckeyemedia1: 5:36pm On May 24, 2022
Malory:
Shatap. He is in charge of economy
Lazy thing, what do you Malory add to the economy?

Federal Government should work for you? Maybe you think Nigeria is North Korea?

If you don’t know how to be imaginative to help yourself, invest in others maybe their breakthrough will bring prosperity for you.
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by Buckeyemedia1: 5:37pm On May 24, 2022
Lightorder:
don’t mind that educated illiterate of a lazy youth you replied
So Vice President Osinbajo is in charge of the economy of your state, actually what cash crop does your state export for foreign exchange, to add to Nigeria’s GDP or foreign exchange reserve? Mumurist Almijiri.
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by Malory: 5:39pm On May 24, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Lazy thing, what do you Malory add to the economy?

Federal Government should work for you? Maybe you think Nigeria is North Korea?

If you don’t know how to be imaginative to help yourself, invest in others maybe their breakthrough will bring prosperity for you.
I was praising you the other day for buying a brand new Aba made brain but little did I know you will soon discard it and start opening your mouth waaaaaa

1 Like

Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by Golden111(m): 5:40pm On May 24, 2022
Naira is 162 to 1 dirham as at today bro
113 to dirham was early 2020
Jollylolly:
So the VP is now Emefiele or is he Zainab Ahmed who is the finance minister?All these yeyebrities with their ignorance.

https://www.exchangerates.org.uk/Dirhams-to-Nigerian-Naira-currency-conversion-page.html
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by Buckeyemedia1: 5:41pm On May 24, 2022
Malory:
I was praising you the other day for buying a brand new Aba made brain but little did I know you will soon discard it and start opening your mouth waaaaaa
Judas Malory keep your praises to your satanic self, Mumurist plaster saint.
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by Reference(m): 5:44pm On May 24, 2022
Everyone eager to exonerate the Vice President from the calamity this government has foisted on Nigeria(ns).
If he will not share the blame then we do not need the Office of the Vice President and the attendant humongous amounts budgeted to it every year. What is the Office of the Vice President for then?

The man himself on his tours all over Nigeria to woo delegates is apt to boast about the people he had met, the experiences he had gained and most importantly is always keen to fly the kite of his pet projects.

The question is, if he is so lame duck then his CV for the Office of the President he seeks should also be empty and his experiences in public service restricted to being Attorney General of Lagos state, thus making him one of the least qualified of all the leading candidates in both contending parties.

The facts his supporters are running helter-skelter to conceal and subvert is that his duties in this government were clear.
He headed the economic team and took credit for its social programs, so why hide when the inflationary effects of those very programs is hitting the economy hard.

When he was sharing out money willy-nilly didn't the so called 'technocrat' realise Economics 101, that money flowing without commensurate productivity leads to inflation...??

This government has mishandled the economy so badly that it is incomprehensible in any democracy for it to dream of returning to power. Only in a country where its citizens are completely out of touch with reality and completely ignorant of how democracy works for the betterment of a peoples can it and will it be possible.

1 Like

Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by Lightorder: 5:50pm On May 24, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
So Vice President Osinbajo is in charge of the economy of your state, actually what cash crop does your state export for foreign exchange, to add to Nigeria’s GDP or foreign exchange reserve? Mumurist Almijiri.
I pity you
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by Buckeyemedia1: 5:50pm On May 24, 2022
Reference:
Everyone eager to exonerate the Vice President from the calamity this government has foisted on Nigeria(ns).
If he will not share the blame then we do not need the Office of the Vice President and the attendant humongous amounts budgeted to it every year.

The man himself in his tours all over Nigeria is apt to boast about the people he had met, the experiences he had gained and most importantly is always keen to fly the kite of his pet projects.

The question is, if he is so lame duck then his CV for the Office of the President he seeks should also be empty and his experiences in public service restricted to being Attorney General of Lagos state, thus making him one of the least qualified of all the leading candidates in both contending parties.

The facts his supporters are running helter-skelter to conceal and subvert is that his duties in this government were clear.
He headed the economic team and took credit for its social programs, so why hide when the inflationary effects of those very programs is hitting the economy hard.

When he was sharing out money willy-nilly didn't the so called 'technocrat' realise Economics 101, that money flowing without commensurate productivity leads to inflation...

This government has mishandled the economy so badly that it is incomprehensible in any democracy for it to dream of returning to power. Only in a country where its citizens are completely out of touch with reality and completely ignorant of how democracy works for the betterment of a peoples can it and will it be possible.
The Federal Government in the center only creates policies, the states & Local Governments create the wealth based on their comparative advantages.

People & States are so lazy that they are not imaginative enough to think out the box & create wealth for themselves? If i ask you name a state that did commerce to the tune of $500 million added to the state’s foreign reserve, could not be more than 3 states out of 36?

No one exonerated him, you are also part of the problem, looking for a scapegoat to blame for been lazy minded.

Maybe the Federal Government should come & plant, grow & export cocoa for Southern Nigeria, & also come to The South South and do the same for palm oil, rubber, cassava for export, but yet we have elected Governors like Tinubu that turn public property to theirs, to the detriment of the public?

It is always easier to blame the center for our own laziness, still living in colonial, military mentality, oblivious to the system of Democrazy they practice.
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by lordatkinson07(m): 5:50pm On May 24, 2022
Sincerely, I am not in support of how much our Naira has devalued. But, if you think you have seen finish, by the time you see some Africa and Asia countries currencies parity to UAE dirhams, you will know that our currency is learning when it comes to devaluation.

Example: imagine a 1k dirhams changing for 1M of another country's currency. Ask, Syria and Uganda, they will explain better
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by tunnex190: 5:54pm On May 24, 2022
Jollylolly:

Please don't use online exchange rate. Even as at 2019, 1 AED was around 102, 105, let alone now that dollar is supa-expensive.
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by TrackerXL: 5:57pm On May 24, 2022
The fund Obasanjo withheld ?!
You igbos are excessively foolish beyond redemption I swear. Same Lagos that was jam packed with Molue as the best mean of transportation before Tinubu brought BRT Lawma Neighborhood guard, KAI LASERA Alpha Beta, Rapid Response Squad for security, now Ekorail, Eko Atlantic, Lekki Airport n Seaport are all coming up.

Can you now tell us the achievement of the Pandora Criminal or his vision that can be compared to the insight of Tinubu that brought about the economic advancement of Lagos. Even your Igbo father will kill himself if not allowed to visit obodo Lagos.

Buckeyemedia1:
You must have been born sometime in 2001? Even a goat as Governor of Lagos State for 8 years, given a free hand, will achieve more than jagaban.

If not it would have been the opposite, the Criminal enriched himself beyond figures with the funds of Lagos State.

The stock exchange is on broad street Lagos State, no be Tinubu put am for there, Lagos State is the capitalist center of Nigeria long before Bola Ahmed Tinubu migrated to Lagos State.
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by Saeed110: 5:58pm On May 24, 2022
May God see us through in this country...the last thing is to believe wat our politicians are saying.... especially this period
Re: Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million by Buckeyemedia1: 6:00pm On May 24, 2022
TrackerXL:
The fund Obasanjo withheld ?!
You igbos are excessively foolish beyond redemption I swear. Same Lagos that was jam packed with Molue as the best mean of transportation before Tinubu brought BRT Lawma Neighborhood guard, KAI LASERA Alpha Beta, Rapid Response Squad for security, now Ekorail, Eko Atlantic, Lekki Airport n Seaport are all coming up.

Can you now tell us the achievement of the Pandora Criminal or his vision that can be compared to the insight of Tinubu that brought about the economic advancement of Lagos. Even your Igbo father will kill himself if not allowed to visit obodo Lagos.

It is oblivious mumus like that live in the past, 1990 is not 2023, things must evolve, nothing stays the same, development will always happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Davido Performs At Alex Otti’s Inauguration Party In Abia (Video/Photos) / Photo Of Governor Okorocha On A Private Jet Looking For Bailout. / Okorocha Riding Bicycle This Morning, Followed By His Security Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.