Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' (6338 Views)

COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic / APGA House Of Reps Primaries: Ifeanyichukwu Ibezim Emerge Winner In Idemili / Crisis Rocks Jigawa APC Reps Primaries (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by Metrix147: 5:23pm On May 26, 2022
Hon. Ibe Okwara, son of late the late Group Executive Director (Finance) NNPC, Okwara Osonwa has withdrawn from the House of Representatives primary election of All Progressives Congress APC in Abia State.

He also announced his resignation as a member of All Progressives Congress APC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhGrwtE5kdM
His resignation is contained in a letter dated 26th May, 2022 and addressed to the National Chairman of APC, Sen. Abudullahi Adamu and copied to Abia, Ohafia, and Ebem-Oha ward chairmen.

The letter partly read, "This decision was reached as a result of the unrest, division, and other undemocratic imposition of the party.

"I, therefore, urge all my teeming supporters to remain resolute and steadfast, expect the new direction which will be announced very soon".

This is coming barely 24 hours to the primary election scheduled to take place on Friday, May 27, 2022.

Osonwa a House of Representative aspirant for Arochukwu/Ohafia Federal says he and other party stalwarts are disappointed with what he called the undemocratic conduct which has crept into the state chapter of APC.

In a chat with ABN TV on Thursday, he noted with disappointment that a leaked memo indicates that the national leadership of APC has allocated elective offices even before the actual primary election.

According to Mr. Osonwa, lack of fairness, equity and a level playing field which has been introduced into the process leading to the primaries has eroded his confidence, saying it will be needless to be part of the primary election.

He said his new political family will be announced soon.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/ibe-okwara-withdraws-abia-apc-reps-primaries-cites-undemocratic-imposition-video/

1 Like

Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by Nemael: 6:22pm On May 26, 2022
Politicians can confused themselves

2 Likes

Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by Mucokey(m): 6:22pm On May 26, 2022
Confusion everywhere
Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by Mopolchi: 6:22pm On May 26, 2022
Wayo full for APC and PDP primaries this year.

Dollar delegates are Nigeria's democratic problem.

You see why direct primary is the best; parties should buy into that and technologise that in order to be able to produce the right set of leaders widely accepted by all.

1 Like

Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by Bxcroove: 6:24pm On May 26, 2022
Wawulense everywhere grin

2 Likes

Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by Nellybank(m): 6:25pm On May 26, 2022
Honestly no difference between PDP, APC, NTA & DSTV

4 Likes

Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by eleko1: 6:25pm On May 26, 2022
sad He won’t tell us this Arabian nite tales if dey give him the slot

Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by sotall(m): 6:25pm On May 26, 2022
undecided
Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by princeemmma(m): 6:30pm On May 26, 2022
See as how youth dey run comot anyhow, they all thought politics is that easy...... dey are all running into it thinking na to enter without any wahala ... if you want to role with the elders you need to eat with the elders.

2 Likes

Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by gerrardomendes(m): 6:37pm On May 26, 2022
Politics na your mate?

1 Like

Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by Arekul: 7:30pm On May 26, 2022
Mopolchi:

You see why direct primary is the best; parties should buy into that and technologise that in order to be able to produce the right set of leaders widely accepted by all.
Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by Arekul: 7:30pm On May 26, 2022
Januzag1234:
This Is The Reason Why People Don't Want To Help You.

In the wicked world, we live in, witches and wizards get higher ranks based on the amount and level of wickedness they've done. So don't feel you've not offended anyone so no one can do you evil.

A witch can donate the life of her husband in the coven to get more power and rank. She can also donate any of her children. She can donate her only child. Likewise a wizard. Is that not a high level of evil? Now tell me who you are that a witch or wizard can't harm you.

My chiefs and ma'ams, we need to hold strong to God and spirituality so we'll not suffer from the shackle of evildoers.

When you feel depressed and things aren't working well for you, you're experiencing hardship and family, friends and loved ones don't want to help you. No one care about you. Your siblings with higher opportunities tend to help strangers than help you. Don't call them wicked, don't call them stingy. Don't tag them names that are not theirs.

The problem is you.
Keep reading in the main thread by clicking the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/7146446/reason-why-people-dont-want
Mopolchi:

Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by Arekul: 7:31pm On May 26, 2022
princeemmma:
See as how youth dey run comot anyhow, they all thought politics is that easy...... dey are all running into it thinking na to enter without any wahala ... if you want to role with the elders you need to eat with the elders.

Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by Arekul: 7:32pm On May 26, 2022
Maguire008:
Checkout my signature to learn hacking
Instagram hacking
Facebook hacking
Wifi hacking
Phone hacking
Etc
Like, subscribe and follow the channel for more content
Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by Arekul: 7:32pm On May 26, 2022
Mopolchi:

Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by Adfcb: 7:37pm On May 26, 2022
Xff
Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by Adfcb: 7:38pm On May 26, 2022
eleko1:
sad He won’t tell us this Arabian nite tales if dey give him the slot

Nonsense
Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by princeemmma(m): 7:42pm On May 26, 2022
Some peope are mentioning me

why una dey quote me now, no be true i talk.......... so far how many youth has won the primary election that we have heard ...... i even heard that one withdraw without even contesting at all
Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by talk2archy: 7:58pm On May 26, 2022
The fear of Ifeanyi Uchendu...... is the begining of Wisdom
Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by Adfcb: 8:03pm On May 26, 2022
princeemmma:
Some peope are mentioning me

why una dey quote me now, no be true i talk.......... so far how many youth has won the primary election that we have heard ...... i even heard that one withdraw without even contesting at all
Re: Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' by Adfcb: 8:03pm On May 26, 2022
talk2archy:
The fear of Ifeanyi Uchendu...... is the begining of Wisdom
princeemmma:

(1) (2) (Reply)

LAGOS -Non Igbos And IGBOS Reject CENSUS / America Is Now Waiting For Nigeria To Collapse! / This Post Will Give Niger Deltan Republicans Nightmares posted By Radio Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.