Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,084 members, 7,849,398 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:29 PM

Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President (46819 Views)

Former NBA Chairman, Olumide Akpata Joins Labour Party (Pix) / Babachir Lawal Joins Labour Party Campaign Train For Plateau State Rally / John Okafor: Mr. Ibu Joins Labour Party, Supports Peter Obi (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Arkmanbuddy(m): 8:21pm On May 27, 2022
toujurs:
Who doesn't know i exist, Are you okay? I have met him severally at church of assumption ikoyi. Very down to earth, i have as well been on a flight with him from asaba to lagos, and he took an economy.

He still doesn't recognize your existence bro. Support him in peace and no insults.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Reflect7: 8:22pm On May 27, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
I can't vote for him because I don't want Nigeria to be better

That you got 46 likes for this vomit you posted shows the degenerate, diseased, debased mindset of so many Nairalanders.

Disgusting.

YOU'RE WORSE THAN WORTHLESS.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by lomprico(m): 8:26pm On May 27, 2022
We move!

LP here we come!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by RoxyBrownAutos: 8:30pm On May 27, 2022
Labour party don't have ward to ward structure to win election.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Reflect7: 8:32pm On May 27, 2022
Obinna666:

Our people dont know what true leadership is,i tell u, growing and being raised by white men, growing up in a decent family as a first son has taught me a lot about leadership,if am given any post as a leader , I see it as a task,its suffering ,its no leisure ,i told someone if i ever attain any political position which i don't care to cos I hate attention, I would not receive salary ,i rather prefer donations from anonymous people with out seeking for favour to serve ,one naira will not even go to my pocket ,its a delicate position ,can our leaders who have the guts to attain this level ever be selfless,answer is No,the real leaders ain't even contesting,they re working hard to make their homes better

ABEG SHUT UP. SLAVE.

YOU WERE RAISED BY ''WHITE MEN''. SO WHAT??

IDIOT.

WAS IT NOT WHITE MEN THAT RULED YOUR COUNTRY FROM 1897 TO 1960 - 63 YEARS, AND LEFT IT AN UNDERDEVELOPED BUSH STILL REQUIRING 'DEVELOPMENT' OF THE MOST BASIC INFRASTRUCTURE AND INDUSTRIES A FULL 60 YEARS AFTER THEY LEFT?

WHAT DID YOUR 'WHITE MAN' DO WITH ALL THE MONEY FROM THE MASSIVE RESOURCES EXPORTED FROM NIGERIA IN THOSE 63 YEARS?

MUMU PEOPLE.

''WHITE MAN''.

YOU PEOPLE ARE JUST DISGUSTING.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by toujurs: 8:33pm On May 27, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:

He still doesn't recognize your existence bro. Support him in peace and no insults.
Even if he recognizes me or not, that doesn't matter. I'm comfortable. All i need is good governance. And Mr peter obi is the best candidate, his all we need to make Nigeria a better nation, nothing is affordable any more. I am not even concerned about the high cost, but the sudden growth in criminal activity and robbery, which is eventually as a result of poverty.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by casualobserver: 8:35pm On May 27, 2022
erwinschro:

You are setting the HIGHEST benchmark for this man when we are governed by literal, actual, criminals?

From my knowledge of politics, full manifesto's come AFTER candidates have secured the tickets which Peter Obi only did a matter of HOURS ago. Please do not try to use these epistle's to bully people. You are well informed but you clearly don't know all and you have not watched all of Peter Obi's speeches. He has said over and over again how we can take the Bangladeshi and vietnamese models of exporting clothes! We have the skillset and women are always the biggest beneficiaries! Both of those countries earn more exporting clothes than we do oil!

Thank you at least you are able to articulate something unlike the other brain dead supporter. Like I have said, I am not a youth, we have heard this over and over again, I am old enough to have heard all this since 1979, there is nothing new under the sun....they always fail, what i want to know is not what you want to do but how and how do you intend to make sure you dont fail. The how is the critical thing in all of this. All these things sound good on paper but there is a reason they never happen. When babangida devalued the naira in 1985, it was to spur an export led economy, the export boom never happened, factories closed down and the naira went down with it. Because to export you have to solve complex issues of electricity, govt bureaucracy, transport, security, port efficiencies corruption, forex to import raw materials and machinery that are even worse now and more entrenched than they were in the babangida era. So while i agree with you that in depth manifestos will truly start to circulate after primaries, the truth is anyone who hasnt got 1) an ambitious say $500b 10 year plan for key sectors who can say this is how many Km or roads or track i will deliver, this is my GDp target, this is my plan for security, this is how many police I will employ, etc etc and articulate how he will finance it. and 2) a clear plan to acheive certain revenue to GDP targets and 3) a plan of true fiscal restructuring, is going to fail....i dont need a crystal ball!!!

Like i said there is nothing new in what he is saying, People smarter than him, seasoned economists, industrialists and technocrats etc abound they are just not in the public space, there is nothing he is saying that is new, maybe to a generation used to mediocrity. But there were brilliant Nigerians who came up with our 1st,2nd and 3rd national development plans for example. What Nigeria needs is a plan and an ambitious one anything else is just noise and unfortunately he hasnt got a past record either in business or in government to suggest he can deliver, so until he can show be his plan, his targets, the metric for measuring success, timelines, potential obstacles and how he intends to overcome and most inportantly funding, this man has been around too long to be fooled.

it takes a lot to export, same aas you cant have agric or toutism without security and transport and you cant spend 4 years to build a 100km road or rail and expect agric or tourism or exports to take off, it aint gonna happen. The world is not going to wait for your late export orders because your supplies are late because of Nigerian factor, your foreign customers will find alternatives.

Finally you cannot run the country if you dont control parliament, so even if he wins under labour, how many labour party senators and reps does he have on his side? he wont get his way just like his period in Anambra with a PDp house, he will be lucky if he isnt impeached. So though i wait for his manifesto AFAIAC even if he has a convincing manifesto, he will fail because you need votes to approve your plans and budget.

In fact the more I think about it, even without seeing his manifesto the more I know he will be a disappointment and it is probably in his interest not to win and be seen as a hero by his supporters. Anyone who was around in 1983 knows what happened when Buhari was in power and I said it in 2015 that yes Buhari is a good anti corruption leader but he is clueless on the economy. Moreover, the circumstances have changed, it is hard to fight corruption as a civilian especially when you rode to power on the backs of corruption...I have been proven right!!! In the end he neither fought corruption, though it is better nor saved the economy. A similar fate awaits obi in the event that he wins, he will be held hostage by a corrupt parliarment who will either frustrate his plans and compromise him with sleaze because he shouldnt kid himself that he has the stature to end sleaze in Abuja in which case he him becomes compromised or he loses the reputation for cutting waste. Nigerian politics has a habit of compromising "clean" people, thats why the truly clean stay away and people with 1 eye start parading themselves as messiahs. If he wins irrespective of his plan, He will either get compromised, fail or be impeached!!

He Governed Anambra for 8 years as an APGA governor with a PDP house at the end he had nothing to show, a lower IGR than his predecessor left him 8 years before. He is either a failure or doesnt know how to get things done with an opposition house. Guess what?..... if he wins he will face the same scenario at the federal level bright ideas or no bright ideas!!!
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 27, 2022
Reflect7:

ABEG SHUT UP. SLAVE.

YOU WERE RAISED BY ''WHITE MEN'' SO WHAT??

IDIOT.

WAS IT NOT WHITE MEN THAT RULED YOUR COUNTRY FROM 1897 TO 1960 - 63 YEARS, AND LEFT IT AN UNDERDEVELOPED BUSH STILL REQUIRING 'DEVELOPMENT' OF THE MOST BASIC INFRASTRUCTURE AND INDUSTRIES A FULL 60 YEARS AFTER THEY LEFT?

WHAT DID YOUR 'WHITE MAN' DO WITH ALL THE MONEY FROM THE MASSIVE RESOURCES EXPORTED FROM NIGERIA IN THOSE 63 YEARS?

MUMU PEOPLE.

''WHITE MAN''.

YOU PEOPLE ARE JUST DISGUSTING.
Peace peace.its well

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Ambrosini1985: 8:38pm On May 27, 2022
Obi wherever u go I am there already. U win we win together, u fail we fail together. Congratulations sir. Thief ppl make una go die.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by AbokiWithAttitu: 8:38pm On May 27, 2022
Allah insha, me and my families vote is your PO
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Ekpeitit(m): 8:40pm On May 27, 2022
Peter the Biafran loser.
The mumu is running from pillar to post grin grin grin
When you tell Biafran fools that no Biafran monkey will ever smell Aso Rock they don't believe, the people are delusional.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by lebete3000: 8:42pm On May 27, 2022
nick50:
Why not go back to APGA atleast they better than labour party

He has probably burnt bridges there, same way he's burnt this one in PDP...
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by dontrulee: 8:43pm On May 27, 2022
People fighting over politics have little or no sense. There is a wide gap between those who are in political power and the common masses. Many of you that are raining insults or talking gibberish, those aspiring for the post of presidency or whatever office don't even know you. Just be wise and make your life better, Nigeria no send anybody. grin

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by highoctane: 8:52pm On May 27, 2022
IPIGSONMETH:
Pandora coward Obi don run go Labor party. grin grin grin

Iyom Bianca Ojukwu curse on him don dey work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by jerk: 8:52pm On May 27, 2022
As long as it's a minus from PDP vote, it's a good idea.
PDP will fail.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 8:53pm On May 27, 2022
beerfraud:
Ashewo politician with Zero ideology
pigs and piglets will soon arrive to tell us how Labour Party will win the Presidential election with 99.99% margin

Reread this comment of yours and ask yourself if it makes any iota of sense.

Some of you are just a nuisance to reasonable folks here.

Even if you want to criticize, criticize logically.
Not opening your mouth to spew some incoherent rubbish that makes zero sense from start to finish.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by amarachi06(f): 8:53pm On May 27, 2022
lexy2014:
So u actually believe that peter obi will become president of Nigeria in 2023?

So many things can hàppen before election.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by ambitiousLord(m): 8:56pm On May 27, 2022
Summer transfer has fully opened.

Waiting for the next transfer
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Newton2024: 8:59pm On May 27, 2022
savcy:
He knows he can't win the election on the platform of LP. If I were him, I'd retreat, reflect and think about ways I'd take advantage of the exposure and support I've garnered and mount a credible 'assault' come 2027. Like it or not, the man Peter Obi is already a household name, and it'll only get better from here. But, as far 2023 goes, he's done.
I think he is planning towards 2027. As far as 2023 is concerned, he will come fourth.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by LivingTribunal: 9:00pm On May 27, 2022
successmatters:
How can I join Labour Party immediately?

Someone should please design me some Peter Obi logos, I will print and floor 3 local government areas near to me.

Holla I'm a graphic artist

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by kingyakos: 9:06pm On May 27, 2022
savcy:
He knows he can't win the election on the platform of LP. If I were him, I'd retreat, reflect and think about ways I'd take advantage of the exposure and support I've garnered and mount a credible 'assault' come 2027. Like it or not, the man Peter Obi is already a household name, and it'll only get better from here. But, as far 2023 goes, he's done.

Nice one.
Test running his capacity is not a bad idea
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by lexy2014: 9:09pm On May 27, 2022
amarachi06:

So many things can hàppen before election.

like what?
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by erwinschro: 9:12pm On May 27, 2022
casualobserver:

Thank you at least you are able to articulate something unlike the other brain dead supporter. Like I have said, I am not a youth, we have heard this over and over again, I am old enough to have heard all this since 1979, there is nothing new under the sun....they always fail, what i want to know is not what you want to do but how and how do you intend to make sure you dont fail. The how is the critical thing in all of this. All these things sound good on paper but there is a reason they never happen. When babangida devalued the naira in 1985, it was to spur an export led economy, the export boom never happened, factories closed down and the naira went down with it. Because to export you have to solve complex issues of electricity, govt bureaucracy, transport, security, port efficiencies corruption, forex to import raw materials and machinery that are even worse now and more entrenched than they were in the babangida era. So while i agree with you that in depth manifestos will truly start to circulate after primaries, the truth is anyone who hasnt got 1) an ambitious say $500b 10 year plan for key sectors who can say this is how many Km or roads or track i will deliver, this is my GDp target, this is my plan for security, this is how many police I will employ, etc etc and articulate how he will finance it. and 2) a clear plan to acheive certain revenue to GDP targets and 3) a plan of true fiscal restructuring, is going to fail....i dont need a crystal ball!!!

Like i said there is nothing new in what he is saying, People smarter than him, seasoned economists, industrialists and technocrats etc abound they are just not in the public space, there is nothing he is saying that is new, maybe to a generation used to mediocrity. But there were brilliant Nigerians who came up with our 1st,2nd and 3rd national development plans for example. What Nigeria needs is a plan and an ambitious one anything else is just noise and unfortunately he hasnt got a past record either in business or in government to suggest he can deliver, so until he can show be his plan, his targets, the metric for measuring success, timelines, potential obstacles and how he intends to overcome and most inportantly funding, this man has been around too long to be fooled.

it takes a lot to export, same aas you cant have agric or toutism without security and transport and you cant spend 4 years to build a 100km road or rail and expect agric or tourism or exports to take off, it aint gonna happen. The world is not going to wait for your late export orders because your supplies are late because of Nigerian factor, your foreign customers will find alternatives.

Finally you cannot run the country if you dont control parliament, so even if he wins under labour, how many labour party senators and reps does he have on his side? he wont get his way just like his period in Anambra with a PDp house, he will be lucky if he isnt impeached. So though i wait for his manifesto AFAIAC even if he has a convincing manifesto, he will fail because you need votes to approve your plans and budget.

In fact the more I think about it, even without seeing his manifesto the more I know he will be a disappointment and it is probably in his interest not to win and be seen as a hero by his supporters. Anyone who was around in 1983 knows what happened when Buhari was in power and I said it in 2015 that yes Buhari is a good anti corruption leader but he is clueless on the economy. Moreover, the circumstances have changed, it is hard to fight corruption as a civilian especially when you rode to power on the backs of corruption...I have been proven right!!! In the end he neither fought corruption, though it is better nor saved the economy. A similar fate awaits obi in the event that he wins, he will be held hostage by a corrupt parliarment who will either frustrate his plans and compromise him with sleaze because he shouldnt kid himself that he has the stature to end sleaze in Abuja in which case he him becomes compromised or he loses the reputation for cutting waste. Nigerian politics has a habit of compromising "clean" people, thats why the truly clean stay away and people with 1 eye start parading themselves as messiahs. If he wins irrespective of his plan, He will either get compromised, fail or be impeached!!

You are talking about a man who was governor of Anambra for 8 years under APGA when it was a PDP parliament. He did it successfully the. And he will do it now.

We do not need lofty 30 year plans. Our situation is dire. We spend almost 100% of revenues servicing debts and interest rates are rising globally. We need fiscal responsibility and we need to tighten our belts. Nigerians will have to suffer to fix this issue. Nigerians will not accept that suffering from criminals who are so obviously sharing the milk and honey of Nigeria in front of our eyes. I believe he is someone that can sell that message, he can create the political will to challenge and actually take down some of the vested interests in the country. Or we can take a chance with 76 year old Atiku or Buhari’s handpicked successor. Your vote, your choice
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by casualobserver: 9:17pm On May 27, 2022
erwinschro:

You are talking about a man who was governor of Anambra for 8 years under APGA when it was a PDP parliament. He did it successfully the. And he will do it now.

We do not need lofty 30 year plans. Our situation is dire. We spend almost 100% of revenues servicing debts and interest rates are rising globally. We need fiscal responsibility and we need to tighten our belts. Nigerians will have to suffer to fix this issue. Nigerians will not accept that suffering from criminals who are so obviously sharing the milk and honey of Nigeria in front of our eyes. I believe he is someone that can sell that message, he can create the political will to challenge and actually take down some of the vested interests in the country. Or we can take a chance with 76 year old Atiku or Buhari’s handpicked successor. Your vote, your choice

I didnt ask for 30 year plans i mentioned a 10 year plan, with milestones along the way to know we are on course by the end of his 1st term. Excuse me maybe you missed my last edited paragragh but after 8 years in power the IGR of Anambra was lower than what it was when he got into office. What exactly is his legacy in Anambra, what is his signature infrastructure that the people of namnra still enjoy today. I acknowledge he improved the education rating of Anambra which is good...what else? i ask genuinely because I have not heard or read anywhere of signature infrastructure during his tenure.

Anambra is not Abuja but seriously how do you run a state for 8 (eight) years and you leave with IGR lower than when you entered office (think about that o, ive never heard that before,,, eight years) and the small you have instead of investing in frastructure you "saved" for your successor to steal, at least Obiano upon all the empty treasury built airport. what did Obi do?
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by fantasy2018: 9:19pm On May 27, 2022
jospepper:
How does this man think he ll defeat either PDP or APC?
Or does he just want to waste money?
Oga just give small out of your campaign budge make I take hold body.

Bro! it will happen

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by AsawanaDgreat: 9:23pm On May 27, 2022
Obi is a boy, when will obi become a man?
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by intruder15(m): 9:23pm On May 27, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
I can't vote for him because I don't want Nigeria to be better

Your name says it all.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by TheExclusive: 9:32pm On May 27, 2022
erwinschro:

Bro, you just started a blind argument. I stopped responding to him.

Can't you see that his mind is already closed and made up?

He said he has no candidate. For him, it is either a perfect person comes on board or no election.

Forgetting that Rome was not built in a day!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Lightorder: 9:34pm On May 27, 2022
[quote author=DenreleDave post=113230674][/quote]you will still beg in the street of Lagos
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by WideMouth333(m): 9:36pm On May 27, 2022
Hello to my very Good loving fellow Nigerians......

what if we all unite and vote very massively for peter obi.....

both the yorubas,hausas,igbos,calabas,ijaws etc

what if we all pick one candidate just like peter obi of labour party and make him the best winner in 2023...

let no one vote for APC and PDP again....

as for me and all my household till we die....

the caring peter obi is our best bet....

Goodluck Jonathan should go and sit down and rest for he has ruled us before....

we don't need him again....

now we need a fresh hand as our president....

anyone that will support tinubu is a disgrace to his entire tribe and family...

peter obi has human sympathy and can really transform our country Nigeria from a third world country to a first class country in the world....

peter obi is good....

the man peter obi is Good.....

in peter obi we will stand....

lets shame APC and PDP come 2023.....

(conclusion)
our matra says...
in peter obi labour party we will stand....

cheers!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Unperturbed2022: 9:48pm On May 27, 2022
E remain Tinubu. Make him rush now go SDP now wey day never dark.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri / Aisha Buhari At Oluwatosin Saraki's Wedding In Abuja (Photos) / Keep Your Blue Tick, I No Go Buy Am: El-rufai, Wife In 'soft Banter'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.