Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:50 AM

Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President (46828 Views)

Former NBA Chairman, Olumide Akpata Joins Labour Party (Pix) / Babachir Lawal Joins Labour Party Campaign Train For Plateau State Rally / John Okafor: Mr. Ibu Joins Labour Party, Supports Peter Obi (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by tegrianonigltd(m): 7:02pm On May 27, 2022
IPIGSONMETH:
Pandora coward Obi don run go Labor party. grin grin grin

Nothing Una fit don use hold this man, like just use something illegal ����, nobody be saint for life, but this man nothing Una don fit nail am

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by zionstaar75: 7:02pm On May 27, 2022
Arysexy:

Don't you know some of the nay sayers comments here are from APC and Tinubu urchins who see Obi as a big threat?.

While he was in pdp, they said he will never win Atiku and Wike.

Now he has gone to a neutral party, they start blabbing about APGA. The same fools will tag Apga an ipob or Biafra party if he chose it.

They are actually shifting in their pants having seen the kind of acceptance Obi has nationwide.

What we need is Obi on the ballot. We will collect APC and PDP bribes and vote Obi.

Nigeria must get it right in 2023
you are right, just this night I decided to start supporting better obi,am sure many more right thinking guys like me will still join. Some of us can never vote pdp but now that he's in labor party we will vote for him.OBI2023

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by olutund(m): 7:05pm On May 27, 2022
Peter Obi, here we go!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Acidosis(m): 7:05pm On May 27, 2022
nick50:
Why not go back to APGA atleast they better than labour party

APGA is a regional party.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by 989900: 7:06pm On May 27, 2022
Nice move.

APGA is a local party.

APGA has Igbo coloration.

Labour party or SDP were the alternatives.

Rooting for Peter Obi, full throttle!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by casualobserver: 7:06pm On May 27, 2022
TheExclusive:

It is very obvious that you have not been following him and the interviews that he has granted. Please make out time and go through them on YouTube and educate yourself. I have no time to teach you that.

Keeping that aside, let me ask you another pertinent question. Going by your line of argument, which other presidential candidate has gone as far as he gone in maintaining an issue based campaign on how to tackle the challenges in the country rather than bribing delegates?

Oga I have heard all his speeches, they are all nonsense intended for an audiebce of the uninformed or ignorant. Shebi you have seen/heard it, you know, please tell me what these brilliant ideas are, it shouldnt be hard yo articulate these brilliant ideas.

If you cant or are afraid to put these so called brilliant ideas to scrutiny, then consider for a second that maybe, just maybe I am right, its just a lot of hot air and no substance!!!!

You say he has brilliant ideas for the future, I challenge you: please state them and let me tear you and him to pieces!!!!

You are so passionate about Obi you and any others should bnot be afraid to articulate the brilliant ideas.....I am waiting!!!!
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by edosignature(m): 7:06pm On May 27, 2022
Buhari is a coward
Tinubu is a greater fool and
You are a man of little reasoning.

All of you belong to the same class of idiocy.

gsmphoneseller:

Analogy of a Yoruba.

Tinubu won't rule Nigeria.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by nkemjacob2(m): 7:06pm On May 27, 2022
It seems the nigeria citizen itself is so so corrupt. Before u talk about building a nation to the better party politics is key. If it is corrupt then, u have a corrupt nation. As we speak there is no sanity in PDP and APC looking at how primary elections are going u can neva have the best hands in leadership, d whole system is less competitive giving more avantage to money bags givers. Politics is not a charity organization. Nigerians them no use APC & Pdp swear for una.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Gifty61(f): 7:08pm On May 27, 2022
ifytrik:
I see president goodluck ebele Jonathan of APC coming first in the upcoming presidential election
Bola Ahmed tinubu of SDC came second
Atiku abubakar of PDP came third
Peter Obi of labour party fourth
This I have seen grin
I came here to quote predictions.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by TheExclusive: 7:08pm On May 27, 2022
casualobserver:

Oga I have heard all his speeches, they are all nonsense intended for an audiebce of the uninformed or ignorant. Shebi you have seen/heard it, you know, please tell me what these brilliant ideas are, it shouldnt be hard yo articulate these brilliant ideas.

If you cant or are afraid to put these so called brilliant ideas to scrutiny, then consider for a second that maybe, just maybe I am right, its just a lot of hot air and no substance!!!!

You say he has brilliant ideas for the future, I challenge you: please state them and let me tear you and him to pieces!!!!

You are so passionate about Obi you and any others should bnot be afraid to articulate the brilliant ideas.....I am waiting!!!!

You did not answer my question!!!

Tell me how that your candidate has also justified all those performance metrics that you reeled out, and with evidence please!!!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Prozico22(m): 7:08pm On May 27, 2022
labour party i stand for let me go and follow them on twitter
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Arysexy(m): 7:08pm On May 27, 2022
LabourParty:
#PeterObi2023

grin

Labour party is already in Nairaland.

You are d winner come 2023.

Mass sensitization starts now.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by holusimple(m): 7:09pm On May 27, 2022
May we not labour in vain. Obi qat bad advisers. In as much I love voting this man, he isn't going anywhere. Just a waste of love. U fall my hand obi
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Arysexy(m): 7:10pm On May 27, 2022
zionstaar75:
you are right, just this night I decided to start supporting better obi,am sure many more right thinking guys like me will still join. Some of us can never vote pdp but now that he's in labor party we will vote for him.OBI2023

Thank you. Together we shall recover Nigeria from the grip of the looting APC and PDP.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Arkmanbuddy(m): 7:11pm On May 27, 2022
Penguin2:
I want to believe that after securing the ticket of Labour Party, some form discussion will continue with other parties especially Kwankwaso so there can be an alliance.

If Peter Obi intends to run on Labour Party alone with some unknown northern candidate as running mate, then it’s a wild goose chase.

Regardless, wherever Peter Obi goes, I go.

Don't soften your stance on Obi presidency. Don't switch sides. Just keep up with your moronic followership.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by ogatboy(m): 7:14pm On May 27, 2022
If you all vote the person and forget the party, we can define a new politics in Nigeria. Change movement starts little by little.

Labour Party has also been absorbed by the nlc and tuc as their party with their chairmen already registered.

We can redefine Nigeria, we can start now, we can start with 2023

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by toujurs: 7:14pm On May 27, 2022
IPIGSONMETH:
Have you eaten, i wonder how you escaped from kiri kiri undecided
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Arysexy(m): 7:15pm On May 27, 2022
nkemjacob2:
It seems the nigeria citizen itself is so so corrupt. Before u talk about building a nation to the better party politics is key. If it is corrupt then, u have a corrupt nation. As we speak there is no sanity in PDP and APC looking at how primary elections are going u can neva have the best hands in leadership, d whole system is less competitive giving more avantage to money bags givers. Politics is not a charity organization. Nigerians them no use APC & Pdp swear for una.

As in I just tire. They will vote these thieves and start crying for the next 8yrs, while those with heavy pocket will start looking for visa to escape.

Can't we for once change the narrative and reject APC and PDP dollar induced voted candidates by corrupt delegates. The candidates from these two parties can never be the best but the highest bidder.

SMH
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Mendy101: 7:17pm On May 27, 2022
savcy:
He knows he can't win the election on the platform of LP. If I were him, I'd retreat, reflect and think about ways I'd take advantage of the exposure and support I've garnered and mount a credible 'assault' come 2027. Like it or not, the man Peter Obi is already a household name, and it'll only get better from here. But, as far 2023 goes, he's done.
So now it's got he should retreat, no I would rather he test his popularity instead.. Retreat to cime back in 2027 that's 4 solid years he won't have that kind of support again
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Macgyver1: 7:19pm On May 27, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
I can't vote for him because I don't want Nigeria to be better

Lol clowns dey this country o

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by toujurs: 7:20pm On May 27, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:

Don't soften your stance on Obi presidency. Don't switch sides. Just keep up with your moronic followership.
the same followership tinubu fooled himself with, as old as he is, I thought old men were regarded as wise, . I can bet my life, that tinubu can't match with peter obi, in terms of wealth creating. Una mumu neva do, wait and see how buhari will make a fool of tinubu. During Apc presidential primaries.

If you had common sense you would know, peter obi isn't desperate to win this 2023 election, lets see how the next election would go, this is his first time contesting without sharing ghana must go like atiku and tinubu, you can see the crowd he was able to capture, wait and see how the next presidential election would go. You guys will just open mouth waaa and be typing like illiterates

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 27, 2022
savcy:
He knows he can't win the election on the platform of LP. If I were him, I'd retreat, reflect and think about ways I'd take advantage of the exposure and support I've garnered and mount a credible 'assault' come 2027. Like it or not, the man Peter Obi is already a household name, and it'll only get better from here. But, as far 2023 goes, he's done.
politics and time waits for no one. Peter might be politically irrelevant by 2027. Osibanjo did d best thing. Go for it wen u know u can get it.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Zion243(m): 7:23pm On May 27, 2022
I hope he won't Labour in vain.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by cl0r0x: 7:23pm On May 27, 2022
savcy:

Because of cyber agberos like you with nothing to offer. I bet your a thug for bullion van, no other candidate is qualified in your eyes.

Many people like you should be shown a way out of that country it were to get better. We are talking personality you talking party l.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by micflo28(m): 7:24pm On May 27, 2022
IPIGSONMETH:
What has Tinubu achieved for you

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by lightnlife: 7:27pm On May 27, 2022
Peter Obi's move to the LP will be a litmus test for Nigerians.

HOW?

First, it will revive the question of whether
Nigerians vote for individuals or parties.

Secondly, it will test the altruism of Nigerians' clamour for alternative parties/candidates aside the PDP and APC.

I believe many Nigerians are apologetic to their oppressors: PDP and APC. They (citizens) have a subtle and unconscious preference for them. The two parties have done good psychological programming on most Nigerians.

HOW?

If you read the news of Obi's decamping to LP and brazenly concluded that he should forget his aspiration to become the president despite knowing he's competent, at least, amongst the other contestants, then, you're an apologetic of the APC and PDP.

Nigeria ain't going anywhere with the current socio-political and economic structure.

Tap me if you have a civil discourse on this.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by casualobserver: 7:28pm On May 27, 2022
TheExclusive:

You did not answer my question!!!

Tell me how that your candidate has also justified all those performance metrics that you reeled out, and with evidence please!!!

dont digress This is not about my candidate and besides i have stated I have no candidate, I only know certain candidates WILL be failures just like I said in 2015 Buhari will be a failure!

Please state these brilliant ideas or else i and everyone readint this will know that you are supporting a candidate and you have no confidence in his ideas because if you did you will be proud to articulaye tham,

PS: I am not a young man, I have less years of suffering left in Nigeria and you youths are just beginning your suffering. our GDP growth rate is below our population growth rate sustainability so more poverty is ahead, you are the ones that will pay the price for wrong choices, at least people like me enjoyed Nigeria when it was good. i can tell you for a fact that no one under 40 knows what a good Nigeria even smells like, you were all brought up in mediocrity and an era of falling standards in all aspects of life. We were brought up in excellence, so we know what good leadership is, we also know what doesn't work.

I will give you 2 good examples, we have been hearing we will fix electricity, we we promote agric since the 1970s. Obasanjo in 1975 had Operation feed the nation, Shagari had green revolution, Jonathan and Buhari came with Agric nonsense, they all failed!! people like me know why they failed before so we dont buy into their BS. As an example I knew Buhari would fail in Agriculture because you can close the border all you want but how does a farmer plant when he is not safe on his farm? Secondly if you have to close borders to revive agriculture it is a sign your agric products are not competitive, thirdy, true modern efficient agriculture does not employ a lot of people, because planting and harvesting are done by machines so Nigerian agricultural products can NEVER be competitive on the international markets using manual labour. Anyone who therefore tells you Agriculture will bring forex is lying to you or does not understand economics amf that is why they always fail. On power they all say they will end darkness but they never say how,many GW they intend to construct and by what date and most importantly how they will pay for it, is it any surprise i have spendtmore than half of my natural life knowing nothing but blackouts and empty promises? With either experience or intellect, there are some things you dont have to wait to fail to know they will fail. That is why when someone promises or comes with Economic BS, you have to ask him how, what are the targets and how will you fund it?

If you want ab ibo president dont be afraid to say so but dont kid yourself he is the messiah or has any brilliant ideas! Its all the noise of a salesman! clealry a brilliant salesman considering his personal business and followership.

Engage your brains, I am past the halfway point, most of you are just starting

Anyway i am waiting for your brilliant "Peter obi" ideas.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Petshopng: 7:29pm On May 27, 2022
All the best to you Sir
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Picardor2: 7:29pm On May 27, 2022
bcomputer101:
Dead on arrival

3rd class party
that's what u think. There is nothing God cannot do. Believe that
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by 989900: 7:31pm On May 27, 2022
casualobserver:

[s]Oga I have heard all his speeches, they are all nonsense intended for an audiebce of the uninformed or ignorant. Shebi you have seen/heard it, you know, please tell me what these brilliant ideas are, it shouldnt be hard yo articulate these brilliant ideas.

You are so passionate about Obi you and any others should bnot be afraid to articulate the brilliant ideas.....I am waiting!!![/s]!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by casualobserver: 7:32pm On May 27, 2022
[quote author=989900 post=113231998][/quote]

One would think you would be proud to articulate these brilliant ideas odf the messiah all of you are so passionate about...no?

And there is your answer, I CHALLENGE ANYONE TO ARTICULATE THESE SO CALLED BRILLIANT PETER obi IDEAS.

PLEASE MAKE A FOOL OF ME AND LIST THEM!!!!
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by ultimateprof: 7:33pm On May 27, 2022
Peter Obi our incoming president. Tinubu small name.
Atiku small name.
Jonathan small name.
Yemi Osibanjo, Big name.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri / Sylvester Omoroni: Joy Edordu Is Parent To One Of The Bullies - GistLover / Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.