Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,699 members, 7,844,308 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? (30625 Views)

Pictures From The Wedding Event Of Nigeria Man That Married 3 Wives (see Photo) / “Once You Date Me, It’s Either Our Wedding Or Your Funeral” - Lady Says / Is It Too Late To Call Off The Wedding? (Screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Banbanna(m): 5:33pm On Jun 02, 2022
This is a non-issue really, except you personally lack self respect/dignity and common sense that's why you'd go honour the invitation of a so called bestie cousin of yours that refused to condole with you on your DEAREST MUM's passing, one of the lowest moments of your life. That part alone is unforgivable. I guess he was just pretending all along, and was never truly ur cousin pal.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by jamesbridget13(f): 5:34pm On Jun 02, 2022
If you know you would be chanced on that day, please attend the wedding. If you no want attend reception, no wahala. Be at d church n give him that honour. Don't go there n be shining teeth like close up ambassador o. Just maintain a courteous face. Go home after the church. That's my advice
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by KingsleyCEO: 5:35pm On Jun 02, 2022
My dear, I will advice you go but don't go with any gift or something. In fact attend the church wedding greet them after the wedding and leave immediately.
If you don't go, I won't forgive you las las if I was your cousin. Remember, we are all dealing with issues. Who knows, is he was seeing you in a way that's not proper and hence decided to do the needful.
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by jamesbridget13(f): 5:36pm On Jun 02, 2022
Banbanna:
This is a non-issue really, except you personally lack self respect/dignity and common sense that's why you'd go honour the invitation of a so called bestie cousin of yours that refused to condole with you on your DEAREST MUM's passing, one of the lowest moments of your life. That part alone is unforgivable. I guess he was just pretending all along, and was never truly ur cousin pal.
but your sins are forgivable abi. No sin is unforgivable please
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Banbanna(m): 5:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
jamesbridget13:
but your sins are forgivable abi. No sin is unforgivable please

Mind you, this is no sin but sort of a Social/Traditional TABOO. Isn't her mother supposed to be his aunty? What offence has she committed to warrant that kind of ill-treatment of not paying her, her last respects as a deceased member of the family?
Missy, some matters are just sentimental/sensitive like that.
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by worldclass68(m): 5:55pm On Jun 02, 2022
He's not inviting u nah....
Well u may go and see waiting ur eyes won see sah...
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by jamesbridget13(f): 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2022
Banbanna:

Mind you, this is no sin but sort of a Social/Traditional TABOO. Isn't her mother supposed to be his aunty? What offence has she committed to warrant that kind of ill-treatment of not paying her, her last respects as a deceased member of the family?
Missy, some matters are just sentimental/sensitive like that.
I understand you bro but in this life let's learn to let go so that we can live longer.
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Oksman(m): 6:48pm On Jun 02, 2022
IamDora:
Dear Nairalanders, Good evening to you all. I'm in a state of delima right now and I'm so confused on what to do that's why I decided to bring the issue here.

I have a Cousin, he's wealthy and we used to be very close to each other, we do alot of things and talking together. Even when we do meet at Villa during festive periods, we are always together 24/7 that people do think I'm the one eating his money. (If cousins were to marry each other, we would've married ourselves)

So fast forward to 2020, things began to take a new turn, he began to change towards me completely, he hardly picks my calls, neither does he reach out to me thereafter to know why I called (Mind you, I'm not a leech to him, as my family were very comfortable too) When I lost my mom (May her soul rest in peace) this my said cousin never called me to sympathize with me, and I didn't hold it against him either. He started giving me space, I tried everything possible to know why the sudden space from him, but to no avail. So I kept my cool and distanced myself from him.

So fast forward to this 2022, his fiancee (Whom I knew her from him) called me on the 20th of last month to tell me that their wedding is on the 18th of this month and she would so much like me to be in attendance! My cousin never bothered informing me about it even till now!

Now my question is,' Should I honour the said invitation by his Fiancee and attend their wedding or I should stay back and call her to wish her Happy Married Life after their Wedding? embarassed

Please help me push this to front page so I'll get a wider audience to share their opinions.

Thank you.

Don't go.
I want you to know that his withrawal from you is the hand work of someone who hates your relationship with him. They said something terribly bad about you to him and he wasn't brave enough to confront you hence the withdrawal. It happened to me. Though it took many years before he discovered that they lied against me.
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Emdebby2: 8:38pm On Jun 02, 2022
Majority carries the vote. They have said it all. Do not honor the invitation.
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by constyo: 8:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
IamDora:
Dear Nairalanders, Good evening to you all. I'm in a state of delima right now and I'm so confused on what to do that's why I decided to bring the issue here.

I have a Cousin, he's wealthy and we used to be very close to each other, we do alot of things and talking together. Even when we do meet at Villa during festive periods, we are always together 24/7 that people do think I'm the one eating his money. (If cousins were to marry each other, we would've married ourselves)

So fast forward to 2020, things began to take a new turn, he began to change towards me completely, he hardly picks my calls, neither does he reach out to me thereafter to know why I called (Mind you, I'm not a leech to him, as my family were very comfortable too) When I lost my mom (May her soul rest in peace) this my said cousin never called me to sympathize with me, and I didn't hold it against him either. He started giving me space, I tried everything possible to know why the sudden space from him, but to no avail. So I kept my cool and distanced myself from him.

So fast forward to this 2022, his fiancee (Whom I knew her from him) called me on the 20th of last month to tell me that their wedding is on the 18th of this month and she would so much like me to be in attendance! My cousin never bothered informing me about it even till now!

Now my question is,' Should I honour the said invitation by his Fiancee and attend their wedding or I should stay back and call her to wish her Happy Married Life after their Wedding? embarassed

Please help me push this to front page so I'll get a wider audience to share their opinions.

Thank you.
why will you go? Someone that didn't call you when you lost your mum. Mehn I will not attend that wedding.
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by kurlz(f): 9:03pm On Jun 02, 2022
Kollins11:
Even if I had nothing doing on that day, I would rather cook half bag of beans, one by one with candle flames.

shocked shocked shocked
Hee. this one shock me o. Ahahhahahha
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Silentgroper(m): 9:15pm On Jun 02, 2022
Kollins11:
Even if I had nothing doing on that day, I would rather cook half bag of beans, one by one with candle flames.
Bro are u a jester... grin.. Gawd! My ribs are hurting 4rm too much laughter..
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Dizzyyish: 10:49pm On Jun 02, 2022
smat101:
She didn't tell you people the full story, They were having sex at a time.
How'd you figure?
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by kkinternet: 11:51pm On Jun 02, 2022
DO NOT GO ANYWHERE. SOMEONE THAT DIDN'T HAVE THE COURTESY TO GRIEVE WITH YOU WHEN YOUR MUM DIED TO HELL WITH HIM. MXXXM
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by bluefilm: 3:02am On Jun 03, 2022
IamDora:

Thank you.

Don't attend.

It will not end well for you at the end of the day if you attend.
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Emerituz(m): 6:51am On Jun 03, 2022
IamDora:

Thank you.
Do not go!
Period!
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Imustnottalk: 8:04am On Jun 03, 2022
Anndrew:
..U are a bloody bastard...no offence
why this pls respect yourself thanks
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Image123(m): 9:57am On Jun 04, 2022
IamDora:

Thank you.

Go na, it's the wife/fiancee that invited you. You're not uninvited. But no need to mingle to much, don't even eat if possible. Just greet the wife and wish them well.
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Fearjah: 7:23pm On Jun 05, 2022
Kollins11:
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by dnawah(m): 8:26pm On Jun 05, 2022
IamDora:

Thank you.
when people treat you as u r not important, treat them as they don't exist.
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 06, 2022
Perhaps you started to develop feelings for him. He saw right through this and decided it's best to cut you off.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship / I Am About To Tell My Fiancee My Secrets Please Advice / My Brother's Pre-wedding Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.