Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians (43479 Views)

A University In Scotland Graduating Class Happen To Be Nigerians All Through / Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? / Robert F Smith Paid Off Student Loan debts For The Entire Graduating Set. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by NaijaCars4sale: 11:44am On Jun 02, 2022
This is a good one, not everyday bad News about Nigeria
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by Madeu(m): 11:44am On Jun 02, 2022
COMPAQ:
Nigerians are academically smart,but unfortunately it doesn't result in capacity to get things done.

If you bring these people to nigeriabto head small organisation I won't be surprised they will struggle to do so.

Success in organisations is beyond just having a big degree. Its more of leadership skills, problem solving skills, organisational skills,creativity and innovation and that is where Nigerians struggle because our pre university education doesn't prepare us for that.

i was recently at a hugh school graduation in Houston and come and see speeches given by 17year old! It will be difficult to find even a first class graduate in Nigeria to stand on a stage, face 1000 parents and deliver a sensible, rousing, thought provoking speech.

You made a beautiful remark and ended up with a dumb assertion. Being eloquent doesn't imply having a higher mental function. Einstein, Elon Musk, and even Tesla, and great introverts are known to have poor ability to make free-flowing speeches to arouse the crowd.
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by 9gerian: 11:44am On Jun 02, 2022
I disagree.

I stand to be corrected but I think one of the tribes initiated and projected much of the venom initially, while the other one, after observing the trend over time, started to return the favor as a pushback. Perhaps after it became clear that there was no letting up. Even a lot of foreigners have noticed this trend and do ask why.

Do your own research, observe the likes for denigrating comments, and the speed and rate at which each side’s tribal gladiators make denigrating comments on threads about the other tribe, and you would come to the same observation, even if it is inconvenient for members of the tribe to admit it.

Specifically, I think if the Igbos stopped trying to denigrate the Yorubas at every opportunity, the whole back and forth banters and resulting bad blood may have a genuine opportunity to fizzle out. I have focused on the Igbo side because there seems to be more Igbos who engage in the act freely and openly when compared with the Yorubas whose numbers are only starting to grow (even reluctantly it appears) after observing the never ending cycle.

Also, Yorubas are not noted for freely denigrating other tribes in fact it is against their culture to denigrate others openly. Call it backbiting or diplomacy (if done secretly), depending on your views but the fact remains that yorubas do not approve counting the 9 toes of the owner in his presence, because of the cultural belief that it will most definitely create bad blood.

However, Igbos can be observed to freely denigrate, not just Yorubas but other tribes as well. This can be attributed to the events of the civil war, but the point is that: hate will only beget more hate.

This is why I’m compelled to believe that the Igbos are the only ones that can stop the cycle, even if it seems difficult because of generational transfer of aggression. Else, there will be no end to the cycle, which continues to fester unabated.

tarantino1:
Combination of two tribes that hate themselves with deep passion.

Ya don meanit
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by Quantized92(m): 11:47am On Jun 02, 2022
U've said it all
speaktome:
This is really great!

If you chose to use this as a data, it reveals to you why Nigeria is the way it is. This list is 100% Southern Nigerians, yet politics in my country is dominated by quacks from another region leading the technocrats. We don't even get the best of the region.

What do i even know...

#MySignature
#MyBusiness
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 02, 2022
itaewon:

anything to suit your narrative ola is a yoruba name not ibo name simple

You think everyone is a bigot like you .
The Eke and Okoro after the name Ola is also Yoruba right.

For your info my Igbo cousin based in the states bears Oluebubechukwu Eme....... but his social media account and his passport has Olu.
You're just a bigot who sees Yoruba in everything

1 Like

Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by dalass(f): 11:52am On Jun 02, 2022
Acidosis:

What's great about this news though?

Well, it does show the good citizens of Southern part of Nigeria making academic impact all over the world. That at least, 50% are of Yoruba extraction. The remaining 50% shared by SE and SS. 0% from the North despite their claims to the largest population in Nigeria.

The North don't want brain power, just religion. they only want power and they do nothing but promote religious and ethnic sentiments/ violence and to place taxes on the industrious south to pay for their many wives and children.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by Eagba(m): 11:53am On Jun 02, 2022
drlateef:

Obi has no vision. He has no foresight. Don’t you see him jumping from one party to the worse party aimlessly? He is a thoughtless leader. Tinubu is the best of the pack.
you lie
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by itaewon: 11:54am On Jun 02, 2022
Privit:

You think everyone is a bigot like you .
The Eke and Okoro after the name Ola is also Yoruba right.

For your info my Igbo cousin based in the states bears Oluebubechukwu Eme....... but his social media account and his passport has Olu.
You're just a bigot who sees Yoruba in everything
okay anything to make your dick stand
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by mastermaestro(m): 11:57am On Jun 02, 2022
Itzlinda:
Nigerians love book o. But still they are one of the poorest immigrant.

Go and check how Indians and Chinese are making generational wealth through entrepreneurship.

I actually watched a documentary recently that corroborates your second point. It was about an India manufacturing company operating in the UK. Highly mechanised setup with father, son and other relatives running the show.

3 Likes

Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by dalass(f): 11:58am On Jun 02, 2022
Eagba:

you lie

The North will play their game of allowing Southern aspirants and their supposed supporters to keep fighting themselves and also split votes while they clinch the power again..

Simple lesson of working together to get the power back from the North is important. At least when Obasanjo and Jonathan were in power, things were better, less insecurity and economic sectors were doing good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by Pakinola20: 12:09pm On Jun 02, 2022
This shows massive competence educational value in the southern part of the cowtry unlike one region that sticks to power and destroy the cowtry!
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by phemmyfour: 12:17pm On Jun 02, 2022
All southerners....speaks volume why this part of the world is enjoying development
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by Sweetvie: 12:17pm On Jun 02, 2022
Ghester:
And we keep running away from our country

So u think it was Nigeria that make them av this achievement abi?
So they should stay in Nigeria with ASUU, going on strike every year so that their 2year course will turn 4year bah?
Or do you think the facility they have over there they av it here?
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by 3seriez(m): 12:18pm On Jun 02, 2022
speaktome:
This is really great!

If you chose to use this as a data, it reveals to you why Nigeria is the way it is. This list is 100% Southern Nigerians, yet politics in my country is dominated by quacks from another region leading the technocrats. We don't even get the best of the region.

What do i even know...

#MySignature
#MyBusiness

Goes to show your degree is useless in politics.

1 Like

Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by Okobola146: 12:18pm On Jun 02, 2022
anonimi:

Is it Canadians who made our country a jungle
you’re pained because you you do not have the opportunity to leave the jungle. I know your type.
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by Eagba(m): 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2022
dalass:

The North will play their game of allowing Southern aspirants and their supposed supporters to keep fighting themselves and also split votes while they clinch the power again..

Simple lesson of working together to get the power back from the North is important. At least when Obasanjo and Jonathan were in power, things were better, less insecurity and economic sectors were doing good.
tho na true you talk o. I don like your post bye bye.

1 Like

Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by jaxxy(m): 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2022
Ghester:

They will come back.
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by dalass(f): 12:29pm On Jun 02, 2022
Eagba:
tho na true you talk o. I don like your post bye bye.

Okay sir.

Bye grin
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by anonimi: 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2022
Okobola146:
you’re pained because you you do not have the opportunity to leave the jungle. I know your type.

Simple question, you can't answer, so how are you different from those who are still in the jungle?
Is it that your stay outside the jungle has not had any positive impact

1 Like

Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by Value2Ethics: 12:38pm On Jun 02, 2022
If they studied for free that is fine, how ever if they paid school fees, then imaging how much Nigeria wealth that has been transfer to Canada.

What good that money would have done to Nigeria educational system...

Eaglechris:
Last Saturday, an entire graduating class with LLM at the University of Calgary Law School in Canada, were all Nigerians.

Ian Holloway, Dean at @ University Of Calgary Law shared the news:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LawDeanHolloway/status/1531372677960650752
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by ComeToJesus: 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2022
juniorboma:
I don't see anything special here

Because your cranial network can't detect special events or happenings.
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by papaking1(m): 12:48pm On Jun 02, 2022
Judah95:
Canadians left the department for Nigerians because the knowledge/service is needed more in Nigeria.

Besides, who do Canadians want to charge to court na? nobody undecided

Too many kids on nairaland
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by Hoodnigga123: 12:52pm On Jun 02, 2022
juniorboma:
I don't see anything special here

That is why you have never achieved anything special in your life. It takes someone that has gold to appreciate gold.
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by Berankis: 12:59pm On Jun 02, 2022
speaktome:
This is really great!

What do i even know...

#MySignature
#MyBusiness
Very intelligent!
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by Yemlizzy(f): 1:17pm On Jun 02, 2022
chigator2:

You ehh, where did we dominate, you no fit comment pass, your pikin or relative dey dere.
Can you afford the tuition , so y are you happy
Savage grin I was looking for the dominated too in the list I couldn’t see, all for been tribalistic.
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by Lightorder: 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2022
Congratulations.
The pain is that one agbero running up and down the street chasing after buses and one aboki begging at kpako would still be your law maker or even your president back home
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by MetaPhysical: 1:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
Eaglechris:
Last Saturday, an entire graduating class with LLM at the University of Calgary Law School in Canada, were all Nigerians.

Ian Holloway, Dean at @ University Of Calgary Law shared the news:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LawDeanHolloway/status/1531372677960650752

Dissolve freaky Nigeria so this will not be Calgary but Iboland, Yorubaland, Lower Niger Delta.

If we can achieve that in Calgary we can here but must first demolish Nigeria so South can thrive.
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by vincentjk(m): 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2022
RADIO1:
Lol that is almost exactly my class. My course mate are either Nigeria or India in the UK with just an English boy who think hmis the celebrity in the class���

Where and what are you studying if I may ask?
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by clarifier: 1:52pm On Jun 02, 2022
speaktome:
This is really great!

What do i even know...

#MySignature
#MyBusiness
Those are your brothers who have been laying all sort of curse on naija in this forum, saying it is doomed they want to japa they prefer to be immigrants and became 2nd class citizens in any country than to be in this shit hole. How stupid of you to even nurture the idea that these are the ones supposed to rule the country. A man who cannot stay to fight his own battle can't lead others to fight there's.
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by blaise26abj(m): 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2022
izzou:
Only God knows what would be their fate if they studied here.

2023 is before us again. If you like go and vote Atiku or anybody BuuBuu(The grandmaster of failure) would raise his hand.

As for Obi, I hope he's as sincere as he paints himself

One person cannot do it even the president . If the senate and the house of reps are filled with APC and PDP people with the partisan support of the judiciary , trust me. He will fail woefully ! Our attention should not be on presidency only . The 2 chambers must be changed too
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2022
Ghester:
ASUU done call off strike?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Begging Classmates For Food In Primary/Secondary Schools (Pic) / ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn / What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.