Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians (43486 Views)

A University In Scotland Graduating Class Happen To Be Nigerians All Through / Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? / Robert F Smith Paid Off Student Loan debts For The Entire Graduating Set. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:09am On Jun 05, 2022
COMPAQ:

Who said anything about elequence!? Sure elequence might help, but it's more about content and the thinking capacity of the brain.

Did you ever listen to speeches by Awolowo, Azikiwe and well educated politicians of old? Compare to speeches by politicians of today, who have Internet and soo many tools. You can't buy quality education the types of Awo had compared to what a Fayose would have had.

And that is the issue. When you met a standard 6 student in the 50's you had a certain expectation of quality. Today, you will meet Nigerian first class that cannot engage you in decent conversation on any topical subject.
Some person (in their delusional grandeur of ignorance) will respond to your post and say eloquence does not really matter shocked grin grin

Now look at the mega mess today. The number of cerebral peeps are declining rather than increase (internet exposure/opportunities for information).
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by RodgersAkpafu: 12:15pm On Jun 05, 2022
9gerian:
I disagree.

I stand to be corrected but I think one of the tribes initiated and projected much of the venom initially, while the other one, after observing the trend over time, started to return the favor as a pushback. Perhaps after it became clear that there was no letting up. Even a lot of foreigners have noticed this trend and do ask why.

Do your own research, observe the likes for denigrating comments, and the speed and rate at which each side’s tribal gladiators make denigrating comments on threads about the other tribe, and you would come to the same observation, even if it is inconvenient for members of the tribe to admit it.

Specifically, I think if the Igbos stopped trying to denigrate the Yorubas at every opportunity, the whole back and forth banters and resulting bad blood may have a genuine opportunity to fizzle out. I have focused on the Igbo side because there seems to be more Igbos who engage in the act freely and openly when compared with the Yorubas whose numbers are only starting to grow (even reluctantly it appears) after observing the never ending cycle.

Also, Yorubas are not noted for freely denigrating other tribes in fact it is against their culture to denigrate others openly. Call it backbiting or diplomacy (if done secretly), depending on your views but the fact remains that yorubas do not approve counting the 9 toes of the owner in his presence, because of the cultural belief that it will most definitely create bad blood.

However, Igbos can be observed to freely denigrate, not just Yorubas but other tribes as well. This can be attributed to the events of the civil war, but the point is that: hate will only beget more hate.

This is why I’m compelled to believe that the Igbos are the only ones that can stop the cycle, even if it seems difficult because of generational transfer of aggression. Else, there will be no end to the cycle, which continues to fester unabated.

This is a dishonest post
Re: Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians by Nobody: 1:18am On Jun 06, 2022
With Yorubas topping the list. Take note.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? / JAMB 2020 UTME Result Is Out - See How To Check Yours / Our Boys Woo All With Benz On Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.