Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 (63464 Views)

I Will Support Tinubu Without Apologies – PDP Chieftain, Bwala / Melaye: You Cannot Promote, Defend Or Campaign For Tinubu Without Looking Stupid / But For My 2,000 Rented Crowd, Buhari Would Have Met Empty Stadium – Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by addictiv(m): 11:51pm On Jun 02, 2022
Not all king makers can be King's... Why is this so hard to understand...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by fergie001: 11:56pm On Jun 02, 2022
Indispensable85:

Let Buhari do his worse. Would Buhari have become president without Tinubu? Did he lie? If there's one thing I've come to like about Tinubu it's saying it the way it is.
At worse the PDP will take over and everybody will go to their states and regions.
No Problem, people stand to take pictures with Buhari.
Buhari use remote control to put people in Office.
Many Govs became what they were with Buhari's name in 2015.
Not once have Buhari come to make this very un-Presidential and emotional statement like Tinubu did.

He sounded desperate like Ambode in 2018 and it will only make a bad matter worse. Will his outburst make Buhari change his mind? You know the answer to that. Even calling a Governor "Eleyi". If a man who is not yet President will come on National TV and say you I made you, I made you, what will he do when he becomes President? His advisers got this one very wrong.

Well, if you want to vote PDP I can neither urge you on nor advise against it but I want to ask you two questions:

If APC falls today, how does it affect Buhari?
Has GEJ's loss deterred him from anything?

garfield1:
Let's s;Support tinubu
When Tinubu started his Campaign, I said something to you:

Kingmakers are kingmakers and are not supposed to be Kings. The day a kingmaker gets into the ring to become a king, he loses every privilege of a kingmaker.

Let me assume, I want to support him, with that video I saw?
It's in Yoruba, tell someone to translate it for you.

He has arranged his bed, the way he intends to lie on it.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by EDOLUWA: 12:01am On Jun 03, 2022
What an arrogance!!! God please have your way �
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Indispensable85(m): 12:04am On Jun 03, 2022
fergie001:

No Problem, people stand to take pictures with Buhari.
Buhari use remote control to put people in Office.
Many Govs became what they were with Buhari's name in 2015.
Not once have Buhari come to make this very un-Presidential and emotional statement like Tinubu did.

He sounded desperate like Ambode in 2018 and it will only make a bad matter worse. Will his outburst make Buhari change his mind? You know the answer to that Even calling a Governor "Eleyi". If a man who is not yet President will come on National TV and say you I made I made you, what will he do when he becomes President? His advisers got this one very wrong.

Well, if you want to vote PDP I can't urge you on or advise you against it but I want to ask you one question:

If APC falls today, how does it affect Buhari?
Has GEJ's loss deterred him from anything?

Perhaps Buhari never had a reason to react this way because he has not felt betrayed by those he helped to power. Buhari himself has been more desperate before,you remember how he threatened the whole nation with the blood and babbon comment? How he cried so desperately on national TV? Buhari would react even worse I tell you.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by olatuns2017: 12:09am On Jun 03, 2022
SATANICALLY666:

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-without-me-buhari-would-have-lost-in-2015-says-tinubu

Obvious fact

But

If you believe JAGABAN is bad with what'he is going through now.

May you all labor like TINUBU and never REAP it.

Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by fergie001: 12:09am On Jun 03, 2022
Indispensable85:
Perhaps Buhari never had a reason to react this way because he has not felt betrayed by those he helped to power. Buhari himself has been more desperate before,you remember how he threatened the whole nation with the blood and babbon comment? How he cried so desperately on national TV? Buhari would react even worse I tell you.
Yes, which was one of the reason(s) people didn't want him anyway near the Office.

The problem with Tinubu is the handwriting has been there. Many will have preferred him stepping down and seriously back someone. His respect will still be 100. But he is not making it Yoruba turn, he is making it his and damning every consequence.

He even hit Dapo Abiodun with stray-bullet for supporting another Yoruba son, you can imagine. You and I know how this will end, we might pretend but the President will have his way, one way or the other.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by gaby(m): 12:11am On Jun 03, 2022
Sheuns:
Some people made it possible for you to be governor in 1999 too. You didn’t do it alone. Baba leave story.

You played a role no doubt but do not take credits of members of the nPDP that collapsed PDP structure then. The total votes from the south west for APC was less than 2.7M, Kaduna and Kano had more than the entire votes of the South west for the APC.

I just hope we the younger generations are learning from our elders mistakes. The closest neighbors to Yorubas are the Igbos, most of us born here have known Igbos all our lives because we’ve lived in harmony, but when it comes to political alignments Yorubas and Igbos suddenly hate each other. Our elders planted these seeds of enmity in us for I don’t know why. If you ask them, they’ll say “Igbo o da” without giving any concrete reason why they said so. The same thing goes to Igbos they don’t like Yorubas for reasons I still do not understand.

The Hausa/Fulani that we keep aligning with keep playing us and we still continue running back to them. A United South will send shivers down the spines of the entire North; they know that and pray it never happens. I just hope the new generations abolish all these bullshit hate and come together as one. Maybe we should be called Yoruba/Igbo

God bless you...
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by ultimateprof: 12:13am On Jun 03, 2022
I love what is going on. Coming 2023, Yorubas are going to lose to the north because I already know that no Igbo man will become the Nigerian president for now and by so doing the Yorubas will lick their wounds because their always betrayals in everything.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by nduchucks: 12:18am On Jun 03, 2022
Ladies and gentlemen, with that speech in Yoruba, Tinubu has thrown in the towel, knowing fully well that dissing the leader of his party, Buhari, is tantamount to committing suicide.

At the rate he is going, he will end up in prison. Awolowo who was 100 times the man that Tinubu is was jailed, how much less Jagaban Borgu?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 03, 2022
Zonefree:

grin grin
I love this Abiodun already. I'm glad he's not under the hypnosis of Tinubu.

I ll remind you when tinubu is declared president elect next year.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Lightorder: 12:43am On Jun 03, 2022
Finally, he has admitted bringing disaster to Nigerians
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Oddfinder: 1:02am On Jun 03, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Men of no honour would rather pay good with evil and justify it in a laughable manner

Just like yesterday when Dapo Abiodun was rejected live on stage when Buhari came to Abeokuta for Campaign and Tinubu stood solidly by him, Osinbajo was safely in Abuja

Stop spreading lies
Tinubu and buhari couldn't prevail on the then governor but instead of them to rebuke the governor for anti party affairs, they attended the rally and watched the governor raise the hand of another party's candidate..this angered the crowd and party scatter..they were stoned..stop spreading half truths
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by eeetuk(m): 1:14am On Jun 03, 2022
Tinubu "The former governor also said when he was asked to submit three names for running mate, he pencilled down Yemi Kadoso, Wale Edun and Yemi Osinbajo."

What is the significant of this claim by Bola Tinubu now?
Mark my words, Bola Tinubu has just acknowledged he is losing in this primary

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by ajl: 1:17am On Jun 03, 2022
Oloriburuku! How can someone be proud of helping a killer of his own people and others to power? This Nigeria is upside down.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Indispensable85(m): 1:20am On Jun 03, 2022
fergie001:

Yes, which was one of the reason(s) people didn't want him anyway near the Office.

The problem with Tinubu is the handwriting has been there. Many will have preferred him stepping down and seriously back someone. His respect will still be 100. But he is not making it Yoruba turn, he is making it his and damning every consequence.

He even hit Dapo Abiodun with stray-bullet for supporting another Yoruba son, you can imagine. You and I know how this will end, we might pretend but the President will have his way, one way or the other.

He fired sporadically today. Everybody collect wotowoto. Hahahahahahahaha......I understand his pains but he has to calm down for now and allow people do the roforofo for him. He still enjoying overwhelming support from critical stakeholders in the party. From his tone today, he's ready to destroy everything and his supporters feel same way too. Lol........

Either Buhari or Tinubu needs to back down at this point otherwise the Apc is on a path to implosion. Tinubu and Buhari are the two pillars that hold the Apc, they must apply wisdom at this point to save the party. The reason for all of this agitation is because of lack of internal democracy.

Prior to 2015 Tinubu presented oyegun on behalf of the Acn bloc why Buhari was allowed to run as president from the cpc bloc with VP from the Acn bloc. Now that Buhari has chosen the chairman on behalf of the cpc bloc, I don't think it's his duty to choose the presidential candidate who's supposed to come from the Acn bloc. He should leave that to the Acn bloc to determine why his cpc bloc will present the VP.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by SupremeSpecimen: 1:28am On Jun 03, 2022
pyyxxaro:
On TINUBU’s testes I stand cool

EXCUSE ME..

On Tinubu's testicles you stand?
What kind prayer be that

I guess show of allegiance works different in Yoruba land. lol
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by fergie001: 1:40am On Jun 03, 2022
Indispensable85:
He fired sporadically today. Everybody collect wotowoto. Hahahahahahahaha......I understand his pains but he has to calm down for now and allow people do the roforofo for him. He still enjoying overwhelming support from critical stakeholders in the party. From his tone today, he's ready to destroy everything and his supporters feel same way too. Lol........
That is it ...If I am in Office and I see a Candidate behaving that way, I will be happy I am psychologically winning that's why he is crying out. It is his boys that should be doing all these ones.

Either Buhari or Tinubu needs to back down at this point otherwise the Apc is on a path to implosion. Tinubu and Buhari are the two pillars that hold the Apc, they must apply wisdom at this point to save the party. The reason for all of this agitation is because of lack of internal democracy.
Lack of internal democracy didn't start with Buhari.
That was why he hammered it to them that when they made decisions in their respective States, he never interfered.
All over the world, Presidents have inputs on their preferred Candidates, whilst I agree it is democratic in some climes, it isn't here. None of them have a pass mark on internal democracy here.

Prior to 2015 Tinubu presented oyegun on behalf of the Acn bloc why Buhari was allowed to run as president from the cpc bloc with VP from the Acn bloc. Now that Buhari has chosen the chairman on behalf of the cpc bloc, I don't think it's his duty to choose the presidential candidate who's supposed to come from the Acn bloc. He should leave that to the Acn bloc to determine why his cpc bloc will present the VP.
In the respective States, who chooses Party Chairman and Candidate? Let me be precise here...In Lagos, who chooses Chairman & Candidate?

I will respond when you answer the question.

That he kept quiet in 2015 doesn't mean he should keep quiet in 2022.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by PresidentAtiku(m): 1:40am On Jun 03, 2022
ATIKU IS COMING, IYA IYA O

See what greed has caused this baba and his tribe...

8years presidency, 8 years vice and wants another as if na only them be south.

We will north -on o jare
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Indispensable85(m): 1:49am On Jun 03, 2022
fergie001:

That is it ...If I am in Office and I see a Candidate behaving that way, I will be happy I am psychologically winning that's why he is crying out. It is his boys that should be doing all these ones.

Lack of internal democracy didn't start with Buhari.
That was why he hammered it to them that when they made decisions in their respective States, he never interfered.
All over the world, Presidents have inputs on their preferred Candidates, whilst I agree it is democratic in some climes, it isn't here. None of them have a pass mark on internal democracy here.

In the respective States, who chooses Party Chairman and Candidate? Let me be precise here...In Lagos, who chooses Chairman & Candidate?

I will respond when you answer the question.

That he kept quiet in 2015 doesn't mean he should keep quiet in 2022.

Fergie the political set up in the states are totally different from what obtains in the National. At state level it's either homogeneously Acn or cpc or anpp but it's not so at the center. It's a more complex mixture up there.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by fergie001: 2:01am On Jun 03, 2022
Indispensable85:
Fergie the political set up in the states are totally different from what obtains in the National. At state level it's either homogeneously Acn or cpc or anpp but it's not so at the center. It's a more complex mixture up there.
Why is it different?

That a State is homogeneous gives the rights to one man or One Governor to decide who will be what he is? If a Governor can be so careful and ruthless even scattering everything to pick his Candidate let alone a President.

Are you not aware when a sitting Governor dared Oshiomhole that if Dem born his Papa well, he should come to the State to conduct election and see....full threat, because he wants to pick a Successor. Please,take out emotions and put yourself in Buhari's shoes. You are a President for 8 years, and you prefer someone but will let go because of man's ambition, let's make it make sense.

Let me ask you a question: Will a Tinubu or Amaechi after serving their tenures as President, back down from pushing someone there? If you give Tinubu this 8 years, can he pen an undertaking he will also not want to hand over to someone of his choosing?

Do you know how Ambode was selected as Governor? If all the contestants in SW are fighting, I can understand that but for one man to come then say I did this, I did this then you must give me... That person is taking everyone for granted.

He should relax, but Incase he intends to fight, no wahala. We will be here, but to destroy is much easier than to build. Buhari no fear am, na respect e dey give am.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Indispensable85(m): 2:14am On Jun 03, 2022
fergie001:

Why is it different?

That a State is homogeneous gives the rights to one man or One Governor to decide who will be what he is? If a Governor can be so careful and ruthless even scattering everything to pick his Candidate let alone a President.

Are you not aware when a sitting Governor dared Oshiomhole that if Dem born his Papa well, he should come to the State to conduct election and see....full threat, because he wants to pick a Successor. Please,take out emotions and put yourself in Buhari's shoes. You are a President for 8 years, and you prefer someone but will let go because of man's ambition, let's make it make sense.

Let me ask you a question: Will a Tinubu or Amaechi after serving their tenures as President, back down from pushing someone there? If you give Tinubu this 8 years, can he pen an undertaking he will also not want to hand over to someone of his choosing?

Do you know how Ambode was selected as Governor? If all the contestants in SW are fighting, I can understand that but for one man to come then say I did this, I did this then you must give me... That person is taking everyone for granted.

He should relax, but Incase he intends to fight, no wahala. We will be here, but to destroy is much easier than to build. Buhari no fear am, na respect e dey give am.

At what cost does the president want his choice of candidate on the ballot.?

The Apc lost Edo under same circumstance. Oshiomhole got his candidate on the ballot but at what cost? Ize iyamu was not the popular choice of the majority of the party members but the choice of one man. In the end they all went into opposition.

Let the president force his candidate on the party and go into the election divided. Remember Buhari is no longer popular. Let's see how it pans out.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Indispensable85(m): 2:18am On Jun 03, 2022
fergie001:

Why is it different?

You can't treat a rainbow like a homogeneous color.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by KanoSeller: 2:18am On Jun 03, 2022
reason why we will never forgive you. still better than atiku... I think!
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by fergie001: 2:24am On Jun 03, 2022
Indispensable85:
At what cost does the president want his choice of candidate on the ballot?
What is he loosing by choosing a Candidate, out of a plethora of very qualified Nigerians who bought forms for APC!
What if it's Yemi or Amosun or Fayemi, will Tinubu back down?
That should be the question those from the SW should be asking him and not blackmailing the President, that style is 2015... It has expired.

The APC lost Edo under same circumstance. Oshiomhole got his candidate on the ballot but at what cost? Ize iyamu was not the popular choice of the majority of the party members but the choice of one man. In the end they all went into opposition.
How many Governors learnt from the Oshiomhole experience?
Is it Ganduje?
Is there any Governor, both PDP & APC that still didn't impose his Choice?

Let the president force his candidate on the party and go into the election divided. Remember Buhari is no longer popular. Let's see how it pans out.
I have always stood with the President on picking his choice, since it has become the norms here. Then, leave the rest for us whether we like it or not, we will show on that day.

He has to aggregate all interests and bring them together which is what he has been doing.

Indispensable85:
You can't treat a rainbow like a homogeneous color.
The horse has left the stable. The Governors will unanimously back their President and that ends it.

What is your take on a Muslim-Muslim ticket?

PS: Watch this video;
https://twitter.com/I_Am_Ilemona/status/1532328291310485504?t=WBc0l8PSYpnkZ3WDICzDmA&s=19

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by DECLAN2015(m): 2:37am On Jun 03, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Poor Tinubu. The handwriting is clearly written on the wall, that he's going to loose woefully, reason he starts lamenting.

Truth be said, Tinubu played no significant role in Buhari emergence as the president. If there's anyone that can say this again and again and I believe without a doubt it's Rab'u Musa Kwankwaso and other PDP bigwigs who decamped from PDP to APC as at that time.

It's only foolish Idiotic nonentities that will believe this baseless propaganda by Tinubu. Even Lagos state that Tinubu owned as his property, he couldn't influence the election there much. Tinubu was so inconsequentîal in 2015 presidential election.

Okay let's agree with you that you made him president. So your intention was for him to pay you back too? Lol....wake up , you have been played big time.

Like u are igbo
What that man said there is the truth but there other contribution too.....other key when they see where the pendulum is swinging to
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by rippa(m): 2:37am On Jun 03, 2022
Philipponzaghi:

Remi Tinubu was first elected in 2015.

That was 8 years after Tinubu left government in 2007.

Nor b only 2015
She has been a senator since 2011
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Nobody: 2:38am On Jun 03, 2022
Sheuns:
Some people made it possible for you to be governor in 1999 too. You didn’t do it alone. Baba leave story.

You played a role no doubt but do not take credits of members of the nPDP that collapsed PDP structure then. The total votes from the south west for APC was less than 2.7M, Kaduna and Kano had more than the entire votes of the South west for the APC.

I just hope we the younger generations are learning from our elders mistakes. The closest neighbors to Yorubas are the Igbos, most of us born here have known Igbos all our lives because we’ve lived in harmony, but when it comes to political alignments Yorubas and Igbos suddenly hate each other. Our elders planted these seeds of enmity in us for I don’t know why. If you ask them, they’ll say “Igbo o da” without giving any concrete reason why they said so. The same thing goes to Igbos they don’t like Yorubas for reasons I still do not understand.

The Hausa/Fulani that we keep aligning with keep playing us and we still continue running back to them. A United South will send shivers down the spines of the entire North; they know that and pray it never happens. I just hope the new generations abolish all these bullshit hate and come together as one. Maybe we should be called Yoruba/Igbo

Actually, the Yorubas since inception are more culturally and religiously affiliated to the North hence why politics with the Igbo's too won't work well.

You'd see a number of Yorubas migrate to the North due to the Northerners hospitality, shared culture, history, etcetera, but hardly will you see Yorubas in the East because they have no history or affinity whatsoever with Igbo's (Igbo's are even Catholic). Yorubas are attuned to Ilorin, Niger state (old Oyo), Kogi state (erstwhile Nupe), Kano state (pre-colonial Hausa-Yoruba trades), Jos (colonial mining boom), etc.

Human relationship, politics transcends beyond logic of numbers alone, you know? Ideologies, common goals all play a huge role.

And yes, Igbo's and Yorubas relate well individually because the Yorubas are open-minded and tolerant and accommodate them as everyone is human, but that's on the individual level.

PS: to add
Igbo's are sort of logical, rational and get things done irrespective of morality. Yorubas on the other hand believe in win-win situation where one can get things done and be moral at the same time. The Igbo's don't see the logic in Yoruba people's senile behavior and the Yorubas don't see humanity and strategy in the Igbo people's aggressive behavior, hence their lack of modern-day cooperation.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by ikpumbe(m): 3:28am On Jun 03, 2022
Philipponzaghi:
City Boy, the Jagaban!

He worked hard for other people in the past 15 years, fighting hard to place them at the top. He already picked his form for senatorial ticket in 2007 but had to step down for someone else because he said they might take Lagos and that spells doom for the AC in retaining the SouthWest.

He is not selfish, he helped Vice President, Senators, governors, Speakers, and etc to get to the top, WHY can't they just reciprocate just this ONE TIME?

Let's even agree they won't reciprocate, why then go about lying about who helped you like the VP have been doing? That is treachery!

We are not saying Buhari should support Asiwaju, BUT at least allow for a fair primaries where the delegates will vote their conscience; That request is not too much from someone that helped you achieve your dream after failing 3 times.

Your cry will multiply for trying to sell an evil ambition in Jesus name Amen
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Nobody: 3:33am On Jun 03, 2022
kingyakos:
You submitted three names all Yoruba and now you expecting support from SS and SE.
You are a tribal bigot worst than buhari, infact buhari even learned nepotism from you.

You will never be president of nigeria

How many SE politicians are in APC? How many SE politicians does he know?

He reached out to the SE and SS, they turned away his hands and he made do with the SW politicians he knows.

Now again, he will reach out to the SE and SS for presidential support, but they will turn down his hands yet again. By any chance he becomes the President, the same SE will call foul if he appoints only the SW and Northerners that he knows and can vouch for.

Thinking comprehensively is actually good, you should try it too.
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Enyimbamercedes: 4:02am On Jun 03, 2022
Ah ah!! How can they turn a whole Jagaban into a wailing wailer!!!
Re: Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 by Atk1nson(m): 4:08am On Jun 03, 2022
Sheuns:

you spoke well bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today / Armed Men Crossing Benue River En-Route Agatu (Video) - SBM Intelligence / Obiano Relaxes Lockdown In Anambra, Asks Churches To Resume Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.