Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,448 members, 7,846,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:47 AM

Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) (4560 Views)

Advice Needed On 2005 Toyota Sienna / ADVICE NEEDED: Reviews On 2007 Toyota Corrolla TOKS/NAIJA / Maintenance On 2005 Pontiac Vibe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by 9icetoo(m): 2:48pm On Jun 26, 2022
sunnymighty:

1.4m in January it was a distress sale anyway,I have been using Mobil Super 1000 XHP 20W-50 and I service at every 3,000km interval. Engine and Gear is top notch, no issue so far.
Before switching to synthetic, please make sure your engine does not have sludge oo.

Make you go knock your engine.
You will know by either removing the valve cover and inspecting the camshaft area or removing the sump and inspecting the context and your oil pick up tube.
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by sunnymighty(m): 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2022
9icetoo:

Before switching to synthetic, please make sure your engine does not have sludge oo.

Make you go knock your engine.
You will know by either removing the valve cover and inspecting the camshaft area or removing the sump and inspecting the context and your oil pick up tube.

Thanks , my mechanic cleared the sludge the last time the car was serviced over a month ago.However, will still ask him to do same and check the areas you mentioned above.
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Dozieson(m): 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2022
dicksonadams:

Hi went to inspect one, a camry 2006 v6 xle, noticed oil stained underbody, though owner say it was due to valve cover gasket, which was fixed, fan was connected direct but he said he did it based on his mechanics recommendations not necessarily because the car overheat.

My mechanic say the car is OK, I am good to go?

If the oil stains are still there after fix, it means it was not properly fixed or somewhere else is leaking. It may also be real seal leaking. Some of these fix need to drop engine and that a serious Jon to do.

That direct connection may or may not be related to overheating.

Watch out for the gear. How smooth is it? Reverse too? Try drive it yourself through a free road to understand the selection
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by Dozieson(m): 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2022
sunnymighty:

Do I need to flush the engine before changing over to this Oil? At what interval (Km/Miles) do I have to change Oil again?

Don't flush anything. The Mobil 2000 5w 30 is semi synthetic. You will need to change oil every 2000-3000miles. The difference in price is just about N1000
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by sunnymighty(m): 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2022
Dozieson:

Don't flush anything. The Mobil 2000 5w 30 is semi synthetic. You will need to change oil every 2000-3000miles. The difference in price is just about N1000

Alright thanks, will switch over to this Oil when the Car is due.
Re: Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) by 9icetoo(m): 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2022
sunnymighty:

Thanks , my mechanic cleared the sludge the last time the car was serviced over a month ago.However, will still ask him to do same and check the areas you mentioned above.
If you have sludge, don't switch oo.

Unless you have money for new engine.

The damage is done already.

Stick to the 20w50 you have been using.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Acura TL 04/5 And Acura TSX 05 Which Is More Economical And Beta To Use In Naija / Which Car Is Most Common On Naija Road? / I Was Asked To Put Camphor Into My Tank. Pls Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.