Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. (32701 Views)

Did PDP Pay N95m For Campaign Venue In Rivers? - Fact Check / Zamfara Supreme Court Judgement: Did PDP Meet The Constitutional Requirement? / FACT CHECK: Did PDP Lie About The Freeze Of Peter Obi's Bank Accounts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by osazee12(m): 2:46pm On Jun 16, 2022
Woke and Okowa both have impressive political CVs with Dr Okowa slightly edging out wike as a one time senator. The good thing is the South-South and South east have always voted for the PDP. I believe Alhaji Atiku choose Okowa because wants deputy that has a presidential charisma and Dr Okowa fits perfectly.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Bimbo0201(m): 2:46pm On Jun 16, 2022
Please and please, confirm your facts before posting on this forum.

I would like you to show evidence of the mosque that was demolished in Portharcourt town.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2022
KILLTHECOWS:
Go to British museum or check old map of 1930 oga....

Please produce the map, I know any Map of Nigeria before 1970 should clear things up.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by GoldenJAT(m): 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2022
emmykk:

You people keep making wrong assumption.

Atiku had the chance to stop Obasanjo 2nd term but he pleaded with is his footy soldiers to back down and let obj continue because he was enjoying his VPship.

Had he done that he would have been president since but as soon as Obasanjo won he started attacking Atiku here and there.

Atiku was not a threat to obj obj victimized him unlike Wike that vow that he is not a second class citizen and very bold saying the truth
I never made any wrong assumption! I said it the way it is.
Wike would have done more harm than good! When saying the truth as you said! You apply some level of diplomacy, especially when you are a public office holder.
A man that creates enemies here and there, and wants to lord over everyone! Would do more harm than good!!
Let him tell himself the truth first, by admitting that he is a divisive figure! And devoid of any intelligence.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Zeezenho: 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2022
4tomandchi:
These kind of analysis is what divives this country the more. Do you know how many churches El-Rufia has demolished in Kaduna?

Na today you know those tinubu ochins they are lies from put of hell.we are waiting for campaign to do art make we tell them how much we know about their kleptomaniac iragbaji man.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Anaerobi(m): 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2022
foruma702:
The key word "dodge bullet" gat me laugh out loud. The truth is that any VP chosen along with the main Presidential aspirant has minimal effect on the party chances as a whole, though the popularity or the gladiator effect of a VP may enable to gather more voters but I think the main Presidential aspirant is the focus. If a party failed and mistakenly present a Presidential aspirant with a non capable profile to the public, no matter how Jesus Christly the VP can turn water to wine. The party will not fly.

Have you check Pikidi.com today to post free advert and promote what you sell for free?

LoL... You are right. But if I may ask, who knows Late Umaru when Obj brought him?

Was he that popular?
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by pinacole1(m): 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2022
yusufu16:

I agree with you 100%. PDP would have loss Edo automatically.

Okowa is the best man for the job

Bro make una think. Pdp is dead. How many votes does edo produce. Infact edo north is purely apc no doubth about dat. Rivers the highest of it all. Both pdp and south south governors decide to betray. Lets watch and see. 2023 will be very dicey in indeed
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by angelfallz(m): 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2022
Exactly
SarkinYarki:
Atiku is clearly looking for a docile VP and that's sending wrong signal to people like me ..The North doesn't want anyone who can speak up for Christians or south when the Fulaniszation agenda continues
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Nyanabo(m): 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2022
Truthfully, wike is more vocal than atiku. And he won't be docile like osinbanjo is to buhari. Infact we might wake upnine morning to the news that wike and atiku fought overnight at the villa. grin

So yea pdp dodged a bullet but Atiku dodged the bullet most because wike would of dealt with him.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by SpecialEdition: 2:59pm On Jun 16, 2022
South East voted PDP and PDP betrayed them. Wike held PDP together and Atiku came and scattered everything. Let's watch how long Wike will hold his peace.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by naija4life247: 3:00pm On Jun 16, 2022
Manny21:
The difference between Wike and Okowa is the difference between between six and half a dozen. Both have little electoral appeals in their regions. The election is going to be very intriguing. South east will give Obi protest votes. Atiku will share North votes with Tinubu and Kwankwanso, even Obi will still get some votes from enlightened Northern electorates. Tinubu is not guaranteed up to 50% of South west vote. Lagosians are disgruntled and tired of Tinubu, Osun is between Tinubu and Aregbesola camps, Ekiti, Ondo, even Ogun where Tinubu demeaned and diminished their Governor as "Eleyi." 2023 election is not going to be a walk-over for any of the three major gladiators i.e Tinubu, Atiku and Obi.

Talo mo Iyalaya werey yii? Who knows ya Mama?

You want to vote in Zoo elections?
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Fuckyoumod: 3:01pm On Jun 16, 2022
frenzzy2:
oga you count d money to know say na 30billion ?
if no be over 30Bilion? then tell us, na how much be the money?
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Shagamoni(m): 3:02pm On Jun 16, 2022
He will overthrow his master
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by rickyrex(m): 3:05pm On Jun 16, 2022
foruma702:
The key word "dodge bullet" gat me laugh out loud. The truth is that any VP chosen along with the main Presidential aspirant has minimal effect on the party chances as a whole, though the popularity or the gladiator effect of a VP may enable to gather more voters but I think the main Presidential aspirant is the focus. If a party failed and mistakenly present a Presidential aspirant with a non capable profile to the public, no matter how Jesus Christly the VP can turn water to wine. The party will not fly.

Have you check Pikidi.com today to post free advert and promote what you sell for free?
going by your opinion, let me use buhari as a case study.if you claim buhari has a capable profile and he still lost 3 ttimes then your analysis need to be checked. How did buhari who lost previously now over night had a caplable profile to win as a president. Guy the right word would have been collaborative like minds, if you chose a vp who is not liked by other region or dont have forces to seel him out to other region such will not win. Example tinubu and buhari, if bakare had been in good line with tinubu maybe still he wont have been chosen by tinubu as buhari running mate, this is politics where sentiment dont play. You either get your decision right or you fail. Jonathan before he became vp had not outstanding profile. Both because he was there with the right people at the right time that was why he was chosen. After all bayelsa has the smallest population in nigeria .
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by jeremiah0817(m): 3:05pm On Jun 16, 2022
Yes........
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Plus10(m): 3:06pm On Jun 16, 2022
PDP just made a mistake.Wike will surely fight back .
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by VULCAN(m): 3:06pm On Jun 16, 2022
Where do you live?

I have to ask because I wonder what you mean by Wike has a firm grip on SS.

Who told you that SS consists only of Rivers State?

Wike can't point to any other SS state where he will pick votes.

SE will not give him their votes cos of his antecedents.

Reality3080:
All I know is that wike would have been a better shot caller than okowa
Wike has a firm grip of south south n same can’t b said of okowa

All d same,all d best for atiku
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Sniper101(m): 3:08pm On Jun 16, 2022
Rubbish.

When you've already formulated and aired your opinion for everyone else to see.
ARE YOU NOW ASKING US A QUESTION?
Or you've just ended up asking a question and giving an answer to your own question.

Of a truth, if it's just the likes of you that are
around, one can unequivocally say that
"journalism has gone to the dogs; in Nigeria"
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by auwalyau: 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
Okowa by far looks a better leader than Wike. He has leadership qualities unlike the tout man like Wike.
Built2last:
I ask above question because Wike can make noise, has money to throw around but election of 2023 will need a galvaniser.

If Wike had been picked Edo state, Cross river and Delta would have worked against PDP to punish Wike for all the insult on the governors.

Wike has not also been forgiven by Northern Muslims for demolishing a mosque in Portharcourt town.

What do you think.

Did they dodge a bullet?
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by frenzzy2(m): 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
Fuckyoumod:
if no be over 30Bilion? then tell us, na how much be the money?

relax
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Vadese1: 3:10pm On Jun 16, 2022
Pdp truly dodge bullet. Even from his home, they would have work against him. His commissioners are like boy boy to him. No one there cough when emperor wike is talking. The whole governors of the ss are not in good terms with him. The east will never vote anything Wike right now.. truly pdp dodge bullet
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Collinsemegreat(m): 3:10pm On Jun 16, 2022
Dshocker:
Truth is that the South East hates Wike, especially for what he did at Obigbo, and yet to say that Okowa doesn't sell down East, talk more of other parts of Nigeria.... I can confidently say that the PDP has failed woefully.

Osinbajo sold no where at the 2015 election and they won, the only block I think he had was a bit of the Christian community.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Fragility6: 3:11pm On Jun 16, 2022
ChukChinCol:
I Obidiently don’t care.
You for care if e pick wike o. Wike na huge threat but thank God e pick Okowa wey no go fit win even Delta state
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Maconstruct(m): 3:16pm On Jun 16, 2022
Atiku wants to sleep with two eyes closed. grin
Anyway it would be costly for d masses if there isn't occational friction between d prez n his vice or senate.
If there is harmony between these elites dey can plan evil agendas together against d masses.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by doshiyad1: 3:17pm On Jun 16, 2022
GoldenJAT:
No sane fellow will pick a Wike as his vice/deputy. He is power drunken, and may likely beat his principal one day.
Atiku knows better! If not that Obasanjo knew his Onion, Atiku may likely have ousted him from office.
A certain Wike will do same thing. And that Atiku knows.
Wike to me isn't intelligent, lacks public decorum, picks fight here and there, unguided in his utterances, etc.
We should also realize that, Incase of any unforeseen circumstances!! The vice president can eventually become the president.
WILL YOU LOVE A WIKE AS A PRESIDENT?? Therein lies your answer.

Hmmm! big and strong talk
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by bonnyhope: 3:17pm On Jun 16, 2022
4tomandchi:
These kind of analysis is what divives this country the more. Do you know how many churches El-Rufia has demolished in Kaduna?

Don't mind the guy

He wants wike to be playing politics over every thing
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by E2000: 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2022
Built2last:
I ask above question because Wike can make noise, has money to throw around but election of 2023 will need a galvaniser.

If Wike had been picked Edo state, Cross river and Delta would have worked against PDP to punish Wike for all the insult on the governors.

Wike has not also been forgiven by Northern Muslims for demolishing a mosque in Portharcourt town.

What do you think.

Did they dodge a bullet?
They did not dodge any bullet the Governors are not the once voting alone. If he had emerged as presidential candidate I would have been willing to go out to vote because the fact he can call idiots to order and demolish illegal structure is a good sign. If not that South is the most fragmented with ethnic and religion diversity then they too should not vote for norther people for the gruesome murder of several southerners in the name of religion and several church burning. One of the flaws of a blackman is he gives himself too much credit as been too wise but in reality his intelligence is closer to zero than it is to 10 that's why despite all the excessive gift of nature the black man cant utilize it to make himself better because he lacks the required wisdom. The first step to be wise is to be in complete control of your emotions that way you will have more clarity when judging if not you will pick the Devil over Jesus simply because the Devil dresses very well in expensive cloths and Jesus dressed in a more humble manner.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by ComeToJesus: 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2022
Wike is a thuggish bull in a China shop who doesn't know how to pick his fights.

Not all fights is necessary but the temperamental rabble rouser feels that gra gra is a virtue.

1 Like

Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Vadese1: 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2022
Don't elevate wike blindly. The man power is only limited to Rivers State. He is nobody in ss politics. The little you are hearing from him today is because of
the river state financial power . After this his last tenure, wike name will be a thing of the past

SpecialEdition:
South East voted PDP and PDP betrayed them. Wike held PDP together and Atiku came and scattered everything. Let's watch how long Wike will hold his peace.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Ebubu4: 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2022
foruma702:

you're right
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by alasane: 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2022
DMerciful:
To love Nigeria is not to stay in Nigeria but to vote in competent leaders with integrity.

You digust me too

By calling it zoo, and uses of derogatory words to qualify it?
U stinks
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by DMerciful(m): 3:30pm On Jun 16, 2022
Show me where I called Nigeria a zoo, if you cannot show me then you're a stupid liar
alasane:

By calling it zoo, and uses of derogatory words to qualify it?
U stinks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

“I Will Vote Buhari In 2019 As A Pay Back To All That Voted Him In 2015" - Lady / Senator Ita Giwa Dazzles At 2face #fortyfied Show / Shehu Sani Reacts To Ben Bruce's Claim That DSS Blocked Him From Seeing PMB

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.