Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. (32704 Views)

Did PDP Pay N95m For Campaign Venue In Rivers? - Fact Check / Zamfara Supreme Court Judgement: Did PDP Meet The Constitutional Requirement? / FACT CHECK: Did PDP Lie About The Freeze Of Peter Obi's Bank Accounts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by simongonner: 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Atiku is clearly looking for a docile VP and that's sending wrong signal to people like me ..The North doesn't want anyone who can speak up for Christians or south when the Fulaniszation agenda continues
well said.. that's the main reason.. they want someone they can control

2 Likes

Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by KILLTHECOWS(f): 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2022
Thisis2raw:
there's no place in rivers state as obigbo, what we have here is oyibo.

WHAT he did there save rivers state from you people senseless ipods pigs
Go to British museum or check old map of 1930 oga....
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by BJanta: 2:20pm On Jun 16, 2022
PavillionEnergy:
shocked

'A man that talks too much won't know when he is insulting others.'

Wike is a vibrant Nigerian politician but he has made enough enemies even in the South where he comes from.

You won't blame Atiku for fielding Okowa. Wike is not even sellable in the South East. Someone who has consistently denied his Igbo heritage.

When he's not an Iboman. There's no Ikwerre man that claims to be Ibo. it's the Ibos who are drawing them by force, especially when they need to add to their small numbers.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by ufotunang: 2:20pm On Jun 16, 2022
Dshocker:
Truth is that the South East hates Wike, especially for what he did at Obigbo, and yet to say that Okowa doesn't sell down East, talk more of other parts of Nigeria.... I can confidently say that the PDP has failed woefully.
...so who
the running mate, PDP should had choosen to win the election
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Mariangeles(f): 2:21pm On Jun 16, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Shut up

If someone like Waziri approached Okonjo Iwuela what do you mean? Waziri wanted Obi to return and join him too are these ones docile?

Learn to keep silent if you can't analyze a topic like an adult

He made more sense than you though.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by saintopus(m): 2:21pm On Jun 16, 2022
Wike would have advised Atiku not to promote Federal Civil Servants and not also to pay gratuity to workers just as he is doing in Rivers State.

You can't give what you don't have.

Atiku good choice for Okowa

3 Likes

Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by SarkinYarki: 2:22pm On Jun 16, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Shut up

If someone like Waziri approached Okonjo Iwuela what do you mean? Waziri wanted Obi to return and join him too are these ones docile?

Learn to keep silent if you can't analyze a topic like an adult

Sharap there
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by MadamExcellency: 2:22pm On Jun 16, 2022
Built2last:
I ask above question because Wike can make noise, has money to throw around but election of 2023 will need a galvaniser.

If Wike had been picked Edo state, Cross river and Delta would have worked against PDP to punish Wike for all the insult on the governors.

Wike has not also been forgiven by Northern Muslims for demolishing a mosque in Portharcourt town.

What do you think.

Did they dodge a bullet?

Who gave Wike all those heavy weight votes he secured during the PDP primaries?

Stop thinking upside down. Wike didn't demolish a Mosque btw. MURIC is a fringe noise making group.

Okowa cannot quell a movement like end SARS or Peter Obi movement but Wike can do something to pull it to a considerable still.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by nicho450(m): 2:24pm On Jun 16, 2022
foruma702:
The key word "dodge bullet" gat me laugh out loud. The truth is that any VP chosen along with the main Presidential aspirant has minimal effect on the party chances as a whole, though the popularity or the gladiator effect of a VP may enable to gather more voters but I think the main Presidential aspirant is the focus. If a party failed and mistakenly present a Presidential aspirant with a non capable profile to the public, no matter how Jesus Christly the VP can turn water to wine. The party will not fly.

Have you check Pikidi.com today to post free advert and promote what you sell for free?

Mentioning Jesus Christ? Na wao
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by OKC22: 2:25pm On Jun 16, 2022
Yes they dodged a bullet because Wike is seen as distraction to the party,he fights anyone who don't agree with his opinions and him being a lawyer believe that he must always have his way in everything.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by ogatboy(m): 2:25pm On Jun 16, 2022
RightChannel:

Let's wait and see, I prefer Peter Obi but his party is the major consign

People will vote him and not the party
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Owontime: 2:26pm On Jun 16, 2022
No,PDP shot itself on the foot by not selecting Wike.
1-Wike is going to handover Rivers State votes to Tinubu and Rivers has the most votes in SS and SE.
2- Ibori is going to work for APC,there's a chance that APC will have more votes in Delta,Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Cross River and Edo than they could have had if they had chosen Wike. Tinubu is now going to penetrate the South South.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by TooMuchStuff: 2:26pm On Jun 16, 2022
Wike is too presidential to be made ordinary VP to Fulani semi illiterate
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by TempleHouse: 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2022
A very costly mistake by PDP !

The fear of Wike is the cost PDP must pay for losing the election they should have won!
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by frenzzy2(m): 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2022
Fuckyoumod:
After wasting over N30 billion naira of Rivers money over a useless Presidential ambition. Spits.....

Rivers people I pity una.....
Wike can not sell outside of Rivers, Wike is uncultured, talks too much, ill-mannered and has no Presidential qualities. He abuses everybody, he fights everybody, even the Atiku that Wike wants to deputize was insulted and abused by the same Wike.

There are things money can not do,money don't buy you honor and true respect.

Go tell the stupid Gov. I said that Rivers money can not buy everything!

oga you count d money to know say na 30billion ?
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by OKC22: 2:31pm On Jun 16, 2022
saintopus:
Wike would have advised Atiku not to promote Federal Civil Servants and not also to pay gratuity to workers just as he is doing in Rivers State.

You can't give what you don't have.

Atiku good choice for Okowa

Good choice indeed.Wike is too powerful for the party,always thinking that he must have his way in everything.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by JoeNL22(m): 2:31pm On Jun 16, 2022
Well......one thing you should know about wike, his a vocal and spontaneous individual.

And that is a personality trait for him.

You can't take it away from him.

But must you use his personality traits against him?.

Everyone and everybody is different, it is our differences that bring all of us together not our similarities.

Baba did not dodge a bullet, he shot himself on the balls because his to blind to shoot himself on the leg.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by fantasy2018: 2:33pm On Jun 16, 2022
Owontime:
No,PDP shot itself on the foot by not selecting Wike.
1-Wike is going to handover Rivers State votes to Tinubu and Rivers has the most votes in SS and SE.
2- Ibori is going to work for APC,there's a chance that APC will have more votes in Delta,Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Cross River and Edo than they could have had if they had chosen Wike. Tinubu is now going to penetrate the South South.

That's if can stop peeing on himself and hold the flag for 5 secs.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by foruma702: 2:33pm On Jun 16, 2022
nicho450:

Mentioning Jesus Christ? Na wao

It's just an adjectival expression in my sentence

An adjective phrase is a group of words that describe a noun or pronoun in a sentence. The adjective in an adjective phrase can appear at the start, end or middle of the phrase. The adjective phrase can be placed before or after the noun or pronoun in the sentence.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Thisis2raw(m): 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2022
KILLTHECOWS:
Go to British museum or check old map of 1930 oga....
to do what?
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by TempleHouse: 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2022
I CAN BELT WIKE WILL WORK FOR TINUBU AND BE COMPENSATED AS DEFENCE MINISTER !

THAT'S THE END OF PDP !!!
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by naija4life247: 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2022
Dshocker:
Truth is that the South East hates Wike, especially for what he did at Obigbo, and yet to say that Okowa doesn't sell down East, talk more of other parts of Nigeria.... I can confidently say that the PDP has failed woefully.

Weak men like Atiku are always afraid of strong men like Wike the wicked one. My Nigga for life.

Okowa cannot get a single vote outside Delta. Even in Delta, his godfather James Onanefe Ibori will be working against him.

The road is becoming clearer for Tinubu the Jagaban Borgu.

1 Like

Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by christistruth01: 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2022
Built2last:
I ask above question because Wike can make noise, has money to throw around but election of 2023 will need a galvaniser.

If Wike had been picked Edo state, Cross river and Delta would have worked against PDP to punish Wike for all the insult on the governors.

Wike has not also been forgiven by Northern Muslims for demolishing a mosque in Portharcourt town.

What do you think.

Did they dodge a bullet?

No mosque was demolished in Port Harcourt Fayemi the Governor's Chairman even made a surprise visit and inspected the Place
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by ChimaAdeoye: 2:38pm On Jun 16, 2022
Built2last:

What do you think.

Did they dodge a bullet?

PDP showed they were masters of Nigerian politics by avoiding ruining Atiku's chances through staining it with a troublemaker.

Most traditional PDP voters will still vote for the party because of the choice of OKOWA! I thank God for the PDP's wisdom in helping to retrieve Nigerians from the extremist religious fanatics that have held Nigeria in bondage for almost 8 years and relentlessly stoked a religious war in Nigeria.

Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by alasane: 2:38pm On Jun 16, 2022
DMerciful:
The Yorubas pushing PDP to pick Wike know what they're doing grin

But Atiku is an old timer in politics, nor be today grin Tinubu will be thrashed for sure.

Anyways, we're Obi-dient cheesy Obi is the sure first choice

People who have demarketed Nigeria
Insulted some of us who don't take japa idea to heart
Criticised us for being Patriots
Called Nigeria a failed country, a zoo
All of a sudden think they love Nigeria more than us
You disgust me!
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by 2016easy2017: 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2022
Okonwa won't sell. Not even in his state. Its an error.
The way Woke was tricked, that's the issue. They weren't gonna make him the 2ndd.
I don't blame the man. There's the need for his ruggedness now. See how the Benue gov. couldn't do ANYTHING. they won't try that with wike. He secured the state and nigeria would have been better for it.

All i on Is that I DONT WANT ANOTHER FULANI KILLING UNDER A FULANI MAN. THAT AGENDA IS TOO BIG FOR ATIKU TO STOP. ONLY A NON FULANI WILL PAISE THAT AGENDA BEFORE WE ALL ARE KILLED OR TURNED US TO 3RS CLASS CITIZEN.
DONT MAKE MISTAKE AGAIN
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 16, 2022
I disagree with you. What made Obaseki won Edo election was because of his Vice. If the vice had defect to APC it would have affected the Re-election of Governor Obaseki. Now, for VP if Tinubu pick Ganduje as VP you and I know the implications it will bring to the party. So, my point is personality of VP is very important in electing President.

foruma702:
The key word "dodge bullet" gat me laugh out loud. The truth is that any VP chosen along with the main Presidential aspirant has minimal effect on the party chances as a whole, though the popularity or the gladiator effect of a VP may enable to gather more voters but I think the main Presidential aspirant is the focus. If a party failed and mistakenly present a Presidential aspirant with a non capable profile to the public, no matter how Jesus Christly the VP can turn water to wine. The party will not fly.

Have you check Pikidi.com today to post free advert and promote what you sell for free?
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by dododawa1: 2:41pm On Jun 16, 2022
Okowa too gentle and slow like BUHARI
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by DMerciful(m): 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2022
To love Nigeria is not to stay in Nigeria but to vote in competent leaders with integrity.

You digust me too
alasane:

People who have demarketed Nigeria
Insulted some of us who don't take japa idea to heart
Criticised us for being Patriots
Called Nigeria a failed country, a zoo
All of a sudden think they love Nigeria more than us
You disgust me!
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Fiscus105(m): 2:44pm On Jun 16, 2022
Manny21:
The difference between Wike and Okowa is the difference between between six and half a dozen. Both have little electoral appeals in their regions. The election is going to be very intriguing. South east will give Obi protest votes. Atiku will share North votes with Tinubu and Kwankwanso, even Obi will still get some votes from enlightened Northern electorates. Tinubu is not guaranteed up to 50% of South west vote. Lagosians are disgruntled and tired of Tinubu, Osun is between Tinubu and Aregbesola camps, Ekiti, Ondo, even Ogun where Tinubu demeaned and diminished their Governor as "Eleyi." 2023 election is not going to be a walk-over for any of the three major gladiators i.e Tinubu, Atiku and Obi.
........ analysis of a bitter soul.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by foruma702: 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2022
deukpai:

I disagree with you. What made Obaseki won Edo election was because of his Vice. If the vice had defect to APC it would have affected the Re-election of Governor Obaseki. Now, for VP if Tinubu pick Ganduje as VP you and I know the implications it will bring to the party. So, my point is personality of VP is very important in electing President.

Well, I agreed with you to some extent, which has to do with personality, if the two combo are powerful regional force and great territorial leaders.
Re: Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2022
GoldenJAT:
No sane fellow will pick a Wike as his vice/deputy. He is power drunken, and may likely beat his principal one day.
Atiku knows better! If not that Obasanjo knew his Onion, Atiku may likely have ousted him from office.
A certain Wike will do same thing. And that Atiku knows.
Wike to me isn't intelligent, lacks public decorum, picks fight here and there, unguided in his utterances, etc.
We should also realize that, Incase of any unforeseen circumstances!! The vice president can eventually become the president.
WILL YOU LOVE A WIKE AS A PRESIDENT?? Therein lies your answer.

Yeah, he is and always will be a tout.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Receives Briefing In France Ahead Of Paris Summit (Video/Photos) / Kiki Osinbajo Shares Fathers Day Photo With Her Dad. / Atiku Media Slams Buhari & APC, Lists Achievements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.