Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,216 members, 7,957,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:37 PM

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating (6299 Views)

President Jonathan's Approval Rating Was 60% In November - NOI Polls / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket / Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Kinikini: 10:37am On Jul 22, 2011
Folks,

What is your rating of GEJ on the current issues in the country.

1. Minimum Wage
2. HIgh cost of Running Governemnt at all level of government in Nigeria
3. Boko Haram
4. Quality of the FEC.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Greenpro: 10:46am On Jul 22, 2011
Presidency is not a magic powder.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 22, 2011
I think he did well handling the Minimum Wage issue. He remained Presidential throughout. Quality of the FEC in core areas of the economy is also good; attracting Ngozi and Prof Nnaji and retaining Labaran Maku, who informs the citizenry about government programs without making a noise about it. He has also done well in foreign policy. Boko Haram; I'll say neither here nor there but that's an extension of the challenging security environment in the country. I will score him low on cost of governance and anti-corruption.
Overall, I think he is not a noisy president and I respect him for that. I didn't vote for him but he has done more than I could ever give him credit for.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Desola(f): 11:38am On Jul 22, 2011
kITA TITA:

I think he did well handling the Minimum Wage issue. He remained Presidential throughout. Quality of the FEC in core areas of the economy is also good; attracting Ngozi and Prof Nnaji and retaining Labaran Maku, who informs the citizenry about government programs without making a noise about it. He has also done well in foreign policy. Boko Haram; I'll say neither here nor there but that's an extension of the challenging security environment in the country. I will score him low on cost of governance and anti-corruption.
Overall, I think he is not a noisy president and I respect him for that. I didn't vote for him but he has done more than I could ever give him credit for.

Were you still in lalaland when you wrote this? Ok, go back to bed, choose a different dream, wake up and come back to contribute truthfully and meaningfully.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by werepeLeri: 11:46am On Jul 22, 2011
kITA TITA:

Overall, I think he is not a noisy president and I respect him for that.  I didn't vote for him but  he has done more than I could ever give him credit for.

you spoke well- let anyone who think differently speak their own rather than asking you to go back to bed.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 22, 2011
Desola:

Were you still in lalaland when you wrote this? Ok, go back to bed, choose a different dream, wake up and come back to contribute truthfully and meaningfully.

Desola, I am awake and living in Lagos. I am also realistic and that's my assessment. Whats yours.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by PointB: 12:35pm On Jul 22, 2011
kITA TITA:

I agree with this assessment. I however will like him to pay more attention to the power sector. They have to stop brandishing [b]targeted [/b]kilowatts and megawatts, as this should be left for the private sector - like the GSM stuff. What he need do is to ensure that stumbling blocks in the privatisation of PHCN are eliminated/removed. They FG shld offer incentives or what have you to private companies who can generate substantial electricity in record time.

Then again he need a very robust PR machine. His 'human' relations and connection with the people is on the low. He seems efficient though, and does not interfere unnecessarily with ongoing projects or policies. (speaking which I would have fired Sanusi (for over-heating the polity) and Waziri (for ineffectivness) if I were him; but would that be good or bad? I can't say)
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by YoruIgbo(m): 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2011
Most people are from the south so you won't get any other thing here GEJ is doing well!! so brace yourself for time wasting replies
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Rooneyboy(m): 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2011
POOR !
POOR !
POOR ![size=8pt][/size]
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2011
i think he's done above average in all except in the quality of the FEC which i think is below expectation
some people dont fit into the roles they've been given and the constituition say every state must have a cabinet member doesn't necessarily the person must be assigned a ministerial portfolio.if i'm not mistaken, i believe the position of a senior special adviser is also a cabinet member.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Mobinga: 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2011
Has he even started? He has 8 years to go. He's just two months in.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by friedrice1: 2:39pm On Jul 23, 2011
Minimum Wage, 40% hoping the Govt. wont have to owe salaries for extended periods

For the rest?: If his marks are any lower than it currently is, it would fall off the bottom of this my PC screen.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by graluxxy054(f): 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2011
kita tita i agree wit wat u said. Gej is tryin. But i guess dat some ppl are tryin 2 paint his tenure black by fustratin his efforts. 4 nairalanders dat are criticizin him wat have u achieved as a cos rep, sug/faculty exco or supervisor in your place of work?
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Johnpaul2k2(m): 2:44pm On Jul 23, 2011
Desola:

i don't know why some people think ,reason,act,talk like slowpoke. The Op said 'rate' not 'criticize'. Tufiakwa. Gej ur good jor
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 23, 2011
I equate him with Barack Obama. Slow to react. I think he is dedicated, not that so much dedicated.

So, I rate him average.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Koolking(m): 2:49pm On Jul 23, 2011
kITA TITA:

i disagree with mr. kita tita, i am not sure you are in nigeria. which area in minimum wage pls? nlc proposed strike was only averted not becos the govt of gej handles it well but becos of reasons best known to the stakeholders in nlc and tuc. the strike may be on in August, our fingers are crossed

the present govt has been in power for over a year now, i have not seen any sign of fresh air promised, rather, violence, dead, stable food/resources are out of reach. kerosine now sales at pound rates [more expensive than gold], overblown executives and duplication of functions hence, high cost of governance and avoidable wastes in government. nigerians have decided to let go of power since it has become an incurable ailment. corruption is treated with kids' gloves. no signs whatsoever that nigeria is on the right path and will get it right soon. instead the govt is agitating for 2nd term or single term of 7yrs as they see no respite for the people in 4yrs (4yrs are for godfathers not fulfilling promises).

my take is, this govt is clueless. may be this question is too early to be asked. for now minus 1 (-1) rating.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by smoothlips(m): 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2011
seriously?
GEJ wouldn't be the change we want, with 3more years to go and his lukewarm governance, I will leave the rest to you cry
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by texazzpete(m): 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2011
kITA TITA:

Overall, I think he is not a noisy president and I respect him for that.  I didn't vote for him but  he has done more than I could ever give him credit for.

If GEJ has surpassed your expectations, then you have to question yourself.
His handling of the minimum wage issue was abysmal! Did it escape your attention that he finally bowed to reason just 4 hours to a major strike?

Boko Haram, 'neither here nor there'?! I don't blame you sha, you sit down in Lagos and so all the reports of death and destruction you read in the papers are just statistics.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by solbil: 3:02pm On Jul 23, 2011
most people here are just being sentimental.
the truth is he has stayed more than 1 year in office and his ratings are as follows

security 0
job creation 0
infrastructure 0
electricity -5 below zero
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by AjanleKoko: 3:10pm On Jul 23, 2011
Zero in every area.
Obviously not in control, or the issues are too big.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by boyt1: 3:19pm On Jul 23, 2011
Still too early to judge, but so far he has a good Vision for Nigeria. With our support he will deliver the country from the hands of the evil ones. The transformation process is moving.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by hakanai(m): 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2011
As our president he needs more support.
Rating him now is to early cos the problems are enormous.Before he could adjust the peoples mindset and sentiments it would take awhile and the division is causing alot of drag on the Government.If i am to ignore all that,I would say he didn't do alot in the areas such as efficiency of governance /trust in government,power,education,security,corruption,infrastructure,human rights,water,Agriculture,unity,National and international affairs and health.

I want to say on all this i barely notice any change.Not withstanding i wish him well and i remain optimistic that he would solve some before the end of his tenure.Insha Allah
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by cyril10(m): 3:25pm On Jul 23, 2011
Nigeria is such a complex country, it is very difficult to lead the nation becouse there are different interests attached. Everybody wants to be heard, people want to share from the national cake, people are very quick to compare Nigeria with USA and Europe but they have forgotten that the citizens of these developed nations are more matured and are ready to contribute their own quota in the development of their country.

In Nigeria, it is very difficult to see people who are dedicated to the development of our dear nation, people are only interested in what to gain and not what to contribute. We are too quick to judge our leaders even the ones that just started in govt, i'm not trying to defend our leaders and their poor performances, but all the same i believe it is still too early to access GEJ.

He has chosen the right people for his cabinet, you should not expect more becouse we are still Nigerians with diverse interests that are quite distorting the progress of this country. In GEJ's cabinet, we still have technocrats which i believe are very competent to assist GEJ in carrying out his reform agenda.

GEJ is taking his time to get things done, i still believe that God will still use him to do some great things for us, i guess he is trying his best even though not good enough.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by somze(f): 3:27pm On Jul 23, 2011
texazzpete:

If GEJ has surpassed your expectations, then you have to question yourself.
His handling of the minimum wage issue was abysmal! Did it escape your attention that he finally bowed to reason just 4 hours to a major strike?

Boko Haram, 'neither here nor there'?! I don't blame you sha, you sit down in Lagos and so all the reports of death and destruction you read in the papers are just statistics.
Did it escape your attention that state government were the ones dragging the minimum wage payment not FG? Keep talking . . .
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by obowunmi(m): 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2011
ZERO on all. He majored in zoology for christ sake --- he knows nothing.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Mobinga: 4:47pm On Jul 23, 2011
obowunmi:

ZERO on all. He majored in zoology for christ sake --- he knows nothing.

People perish because of lack of knowledge.

So because he majored in zoology invariably means he know nothing?

Idiotic reasoning.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by DrummaBoy(m): 4:51pm On Jul 23, 2011
Those who mark GEJ high do so bc they're used to mediocrity.
He isnt GO SLOW but HOLD UP
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Roland17(m): 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2011
^^^ grin grin grin grin grin
Breath of fresh Air indeed!!
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by mallorca(m): 5:05pm On Jul 23, 2011
zero in everything,
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Orikinla(m): 5:11pm On Jul 23, 2011
Many people who voted for him are regretting it.

We don't have a democratic government, but a political arrangement of political contractors, political opportunists and their beneficiaries. .
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by hbrednic: 5:41pm On Jul 23, 2011
SO FAR
SO GOOD.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Bongoman1: 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Ever Happened To Dora Akunyili And Her Rebranding Project? / Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! / President Buhari And Al-mustapha With Abacha When He Was Dying (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.