Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,079 members, 7,863,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:35 AM

Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily (4681 Views)

Shehu Sani: The North Will Produce Another President In 2023 If… / Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 / North Will Field Better Candidate For 2023 Presidency – Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by NwaIdeato: 5:16pm On Jun 19, 2022
QuotaSystem:

Rein in your emotions. Elections aren’t won by insults.

Bye.
It's not about emotion, but more about preserving the sanctity of truth for posterity sake, politics should never make you lose your sense of what is right and wrong.

Your claim that Ifeanyi Okowa will be seen as an IPOB apologist is very much in bad taste and very disingenuous, that man has never sympathized with or endorsed IPOB activities in Delta state, so why the character assassination on his person? because he came out and said he was Igbo now automatically makes him an IPOB apologist by default? this wicked game you APC goons are playing by stereotyping the whole Igbo nation as IPOB is very dangerous and counter-productive to fairness and truth, it's as poignant as the racist white man calling every black person lazy and violent...so since we want to go with that daft logic of yours, then every Northerner is a Boko haram, bandit, ISWAP and ISIS apologist.

3 Likes

Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by Peacecore: 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2022
DMerciful:
Igbos will support Obi not because he is Igbo but he has proven to be the most transparent, the best financial manager of public funds, and younger especially at a time in Nigeria history when cutting cost of governance is much needed if we're to survive the impending crises.

If you think because he is Igbo, swap with Rochas or Kalu and see how Igbos abandon this momentum
I agree with u on this but it's different from the north pattern that's why even Atiku contested against Southerner he couldn't win his region till today.

3 Likes

Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by DMerciful(m): 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2022
When you were insisting on Bubu in 2015, you thought you were doing Igbos, how far?

What ever sentiments you use in voting, Igbos will always be the least affected in Nigeria.
Igbos are mostly middlemen so they'll pass down whatever harsh policies govt comes up with.

The stick you see cannot blind you
Freedom34:
That's d more reason I will cast my vote for the one who has stood by me and even fought his leader on my behalf; .....and stay farrrrrr away from d one(s) who has never hidden his hate and bitterness for me and whatever I stand for.

It will be fuulishness for me to bypass d ones who have shown unhidden love to me and favor d onces who have shown unhidden hatred for me.

It will be imbecílic for me to bypass a friend who openly profess his love for me in favor of d one who sees me as his eternal enemy!

Dey ur dey and I dey my dey.
Let everybody hol' him mama brezz!
cool
Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by Peacecore: 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
NwaIdeato:

It's not about emotion, but more about preserving the sanctity of truth for posterity sake, politics should never make you lose your sense of what is right and wrong.

Your claim that Ifeanyi Okowa will be seen as an IPOB apologist is very much in bad taste and very disingenuous, that man has never sympathized with or endorsed IPOB activities in Delta state, so why the character assassination on his person? because he came out and said he was Igbo now automatically makes him an IPOB apologist by default? this wicked game you APC goons are playing by stereotyping the whole Igbo nation as IPOB is very dangerous and counter-productive to fairness and truth, it's as poignant as the racist white man calling every black person lazy and violent...so since we want to go with that daft logic of yours, then every Northerner is a Boko haram, bandit, ISWAP and ISIS apologist.
Even though NL doesn't reveal ya identity, we ought to learn how reply respectfully bcoz we're not of the same age. He was gentle on his response to ur comments until u became emotional n turned it to insults.

2 Likes

Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by duwdu: 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
QuotaSystem:

Rein in your emotions. Elections aren’t won by insults.

Bye.

Good call.

It's clear to me you can see through the modus operandi of those folks, bro. Well said.

P34c3

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by DMerciful(m): 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
Things are changing....the North has had it worse under Bubu so do not expect the North to blindly follow the politics that has brought her to her knees.
Peacecore:
I agree with u on this but it's different from the north pattern that's why even Atiku contested against Southerner he couldn't win his region till today.
Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by Ttalk: 5:27pm On Jun 19, 2022
NwaIdeato:

Figures without stats, I'm not taking any of that with a grain of salt .

Atiku will sweep the North East and North central in 2023, you can take that to the bank and cash it, remember he's not contesting against Buhari this time...Buhari was like a God to the North in the 2015 and 2019 elections before his terrible government made him lose most of his grassroot support across the North, more people have died from bandit attacks in the North under Buhari's administration than most war-torn countries globally (that's says alot), and this will definitely count against APC in the upcoming election...people are honestly tired and done with APC especially in the North.

What you fail to understand that is Middle belt are not fighting against Muslim or APC what they are fighting is against Fulani caliphate who is daily encroaching brutalizing, killing and maiming their people in millions.

This would be Atikus greatest sin why he would fail woefully in Middle Belt and among indigenous people of the north. Learn to know political history of this country before making input

3 Likes

Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by Peacecore: 5:32pm On Jun 19, 2022
DMerciful:
Things are changing....the North has had it worse under Bubu so do not expect the North to blindly follow the politics that has brought her to her knees.
Unless it will change in 2023 then we expect every other regions to change the way they vote also, then we will believe that it has totally dynamic.

3 Likes

Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by DMerciful(m): 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2022
Do you think Nigeria will continue on a destructive path forever? People will wake up at some point when the threat becomes existential!
Peacecore:
Unless it will change in 2023 then we expect every other regions to change the way they vote also, then we will believe that it has totally dynamic.
Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by Peacecore: 5:42pm On Jun 19, 2022
DMerciful:
Do you think Nigeria will continue on a destructive path forever? People will wake up at some point when the threat becomes existential!
I pray so . We want a Nigeria of our dream where the affairs of the masses will be the driving to join politics not for selfish reasons.

1 Like

Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by NwaIdeato: 5:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ttalk:

What you fail to understand that is Middle belt are not fighting against Muslim or APC what they are fighting is against Fulani caliphate who is daily encroaching tantalizing, killing and maiming their people in millions.

This would be Atikus greatest sin why he would fail woefully in Middle Belt and among indigenous people of the north. Learn to know political history of this country before making input
Big grammar with no intelligible content, run a Muslim/Muslim ticket and see if APC will smell 10k vote among North central Christians.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by Ttalk: 5:52pm On Jun 19, 2022
NwaIdeato:

Big grammar with no intelligible content, run a Muslim/Muslim ticket and see if APC will smell 10k vote among North central Christians.

Na you get intelligence when it is glaring your emotion has taken better part of you

2 Likes

Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by Freedom34: 5:56pm On Jun 19, 2022
Good for u and ur 'middlemanning'.
cool
DMerciful:
When you were insisting on Bubu in 2015, you thought you were doing Igbos, how far?

What ever sentiments you use in voting, Igbos will always be the least affected in Nigeria.
Igbos are mostly middlemen so they'll pass down whatever harsh policies govt comes up with.

The stick you see cannot blind you
Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:58pm On Jun 19, 2022
Peacecore:
Are NE and some NC not north or Muslim that have aversion for corruption or those two regions show sentiment to corrupt individuals based on origin?
They will prefer their corrupt son to a corrupt man from outside or vote Peter Obi

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by garfield1: 6:10pm On Jun 19, 2022
DMerciful:
What is the right politics? Agreeing with NW on an incompetent candidate like Bubu who has proven Igbos right when they refused to support him?

Did Igbos not voted masively for Yaradua? Is Yaradua not from Katsina like Bubu?

Yes unfortunately ll
Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by buckeyemedia: 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2022
QuotaSystem:

Even with Atiku’s core support base (SS/SE) divided with the bulk of the votes going to Obi Pandora?

North Central (Niger, Nassarawa, Kogi, Kwara) are in Tinubu’s kitty while he is likely to share Benue & Plateau states with the opposition. Atiku has always struggled in his own North Eastern backyard and it will be tougher now with Shettima and Zulum working for Asiwaju. You don’t need to be told NW & SW are for Tinubu.

Danuwa no matter how you slice or dice it, it’s highly unlikely Atiku is getting anywhere in 2023. My humble 2 cents.
Tinubu will not win 1 state in Northern Nigeria.
Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by buckeyemedia: 6:13pm On Jun 19, 2022
Peacecore:
I pray so . We want a Nigeria of our dream where the affairs of the masses will be the driving to join politics not for selfish reasons.
Your Children will not even witness that Nigeria, not to talk of you.
Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by buckeyemedia: 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2022
DMerciful:
What is the right politics? Agreeing with NW on an incompetent candidate like Bubu who has proven Igbos right when they refused to support him?

Did Igbos not voted masively for Yaradua? Is Yaradua not from Katsina like Bubu?
Igbos voted massively for Pdp not necessarily Yaradua, same way they voted massively for Atiku when he ran under the umbrella.

Zombie one way follow follow politics, try another alibi to keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by 7lives: 6:20pm On Jun 19, 2022
Honor10:
Leave the labourers in their delusions.

If APC lose in North, it is over for most of these governors, most of them are either going for senate or want to install their successor, they can't afford APC to lose.

These are what we called structures.
They can't afford to lose so dem go work like robots.

2 Likes

Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by DMerciful(m): 6:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
Did Yorubas voted for Bubu the 3 times he contested before joining APC?
buckeyemedia:
Igbos voted massively for Pdp not necessarily Yaradua, same way they voted massively for Atiku when he ran under the umbrella.

Zombie one way follow follow politics, try another alibi to keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by Peacecore: 6:37pm On Jun 19, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Your Children will not even witness that Nigeria, not to talk of you.
I reject it bro. Remember that even America was ones like that, but it's another country altogether now. The leaders are not the only problem of this country. We the masses also to blame. Imagine what we argue here on NL borders on sentiment and tribes. No unity. I can bet that not even A. Lincoln can win any S/Ener state if he's a Muslim vis-a-vis Bauchi if he's a Christian. The same thing will happen to some part of SW if the person is an Igbo man. And we the masses are the ones that cast these votes along religion, party and ethnic lines. It's disheartening.

1 Like

Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by MikeofAfrica: 6:39pm On Jun 19, 2022
QuotaSystem:

Even with Atiku’s core support base (SS/SE) divided with the bulk of the votes going to Obi Pandora?

North Central (Niger, Nassarawa, Kogi, Kwara) are in Tinubu’s kitty while he is likely to share Benue & Plateau states with the opposition. Atiku has always struggled in his own North Eastern backyard and it will be tougher now with Shettima and Zulum working for Asiwaju. You don’t need to be told NW & SW are for Tinubu.

Danuwa no matter how you slice or dice it, it’s highly unlikely Atiku is getting anywhere in 2023. My humble 2 cents.
It seems you are underrating the influence of Kwakwanso in NW. He can take one or two States from APC while reducing APC votes in other NW States. Atiku will likely win Sokoto with the support of Tambuwal since Buhari will not be on ballot.
I see Atiku winning Taraba, Bauchi and Adamawa in NE while Tinubu will win Yobe and Borno. In NC, it will be 50/50 for Tinubu and Atiku. Tinubu will win the six SW states but Atiku will get good votes in almost all of them. Peter Obi will also get votes in SW particularly in Lagos and Ogun.
Hence the election will be decided by Kwankwaso performance in NW and Peter Obi performance in SE/SS. If Kwankwaso stop APC from dominating NW and PDP dominate SS/SE, then Atiku will win.
However if APC dominate NW and Peter Obi stops PDP from dominating SS/SE, then Tinubu will win.
Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by Peacecore: 6:41pm On Jun 19, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
They will prefer their corrupt son to a corrupt man from outside or vote Peter Obi
if that's d case he would've won against OBJ bcoz he is also a thief or is he a saint. Even Buhari their saint didn't win ordinary Jonathan until there was a merger. Make una no dey analyse politics like say these northerners are robot.
Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by MikeofAfrica: 6:43pm On Jun 19, 2022
garfield1:

North is not one singlelll tribe while Yoruba is made up of one tribe.it is not the north turn but southern turnl
It is the turn of the South but it is not the turn of the yorubas. Hence if the yorubas have the right to contest then the fulanis also have the right to contest.
Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by Adexxi(m): 7:07pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ask yourself do we really vote in south , infact the last election in Ekiti is a testimony . You can't compare voters education in south here with north
QuotaSystem:

Google is a free resource…and his sub-region isn’t North-Central but North-East. Go and verify.

Indeed he will cost APC some votes in Kano especially with Shekarau by his side, but overall, the party will likely win the state due to Ganduje’s machinery and the hugely underestimated incumbency factor. Furthermore, any lost votes will be counter-balanced by the SW bloc votes for APC, that used to be typically divided across parties.

1 Like

Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by Ayed44: 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2022
Peacecore:
I said this before that they shouldn't underestimate the roles of stakeholders n politics of interest. What do the northern leaders stand to gain from working for Atiku? Lose their Guber posts, State n assembly seat, NASS bids in d name of scrambling for appointment?. Make we dey think abeg.
An incumbent vice president sacrificed his personal ambition and worked for the interest of the north in 2015. Many Northern PDP governors worked for APC in 2015. Make of that whatever u like. The rest is now history.
Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by Danwakae(m): 10:57pm On Jun 19, 2022
Peacecore:
North doesn't differentiate like us hear in south. What they want to know is that Hausa/Fulani cum Muslim has ruled, that's all.

Be decieving yourself when u have not been to the north ... As a northerner , I am telling u , u r assuming... U pple think u r wise and u can play politics
Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by wiseoneking: 11:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
garfield1:
The north has always rallied round a radical Muslim,a pious,sharia driven fellow usually Hausa fulani or kanuri.first was usman danfodio,then ahmadu bello and to an extent late gen yaradua and maitama sule and then buhari.kwankwaso is gradually getting such followershio in the mould of aminu kano...atiku does not fit that features,he is seen as too liberal minded and western minded unlike conservative buhari.moreover,he is not from the core north nor from the Muslim dominated states.Adamawa is evenly divided...

Atiku contested in 2007 and won no state.he lost the entire northeast while buhari won some states in the north west.in 2019,he won Adamawa narrowly same as taraba.borno and yobe literally buried him whilst giving him his lowest votes...

Again,the north have read the mood of the
nation and seen that power must go down south for Nigeria to remain as one which favours the north more.highest they will do is extract some firm commitment from tinubu not to rock the boat...

Again,the north knows that it is the turn of the south and they are honest people.if they were so powerdrunk,they would have voted atiku in 2019..
Again,apc is so entrenched in the north and pdp weak...

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Helinues
Cajal
Noethnicity
Quotasysten
Fiizznation
Oghenaogie
Anambraprince
Okoroawusa
Tutudesz
Ogidigbodigbo
Jaxxy
Jrusky
You are wrong. Remember Atiku contested with your almighty Buhari that was then worshipped in the North. But both Muslim of Fulani decent. This time around you are having a Muslim Southerner who is despised by Muslim north as been not to Muslim enough running with full Fulani Muslim North. Lawan lost out because he's not a Fulani. If Atiku was able to secure almost 13 million votes against the North's almighty Buhari, just reason how it will go with a Southerner that is not regarded as a full Muslim. Lastly, North will vote for their own because they are power drunk. Atiku will carry go.

1 Like

Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by Honor10: 3:44am On Jun 20, 2022
Ayed44:
The north cannot vote for Atiku but the Yorubas can vote for Tinubu. Lol ...

It is the north that carry southern presidency for head pass, they even step down for Tinubu, u never see anything!

1 Like

Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by Peacecore: 8:48am On Jun 20, 2022
Danwakae:

Be decieving yourself when u have not been to the north ... As a northerner , I am telling u , u r assuming... U pple think u r wise and u can play politics
Anyone can claim to north in order to add relevance to his delusional claims. Even if u are a northerner do belong to the inner of power play. U can't claim to represent the whole north bro. U ppl like analysing unfounded power play here.
Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by Peacecore: 8:56am On Jun 20, 2022
wiseoneking:
You are wrong. Remember Atiku contested with your almighty Buhari that was then worshipped in the North. But both Muslim of Fulani decent. This time around you are having a Muslim Southerner who is despised by Muslim north as been not to Muslim enough running with full Fulani Muslim North. Lawan lost out because he's not a Fulani. If Atiku was able to secure almost 13 million votes against the North's almighty Buhari, just reason how it will go with a Southerner that is not regarded as a full Muslim. Lastly, North will vote for their own because they are power drunk. Atiku will carry go.
keep hoping and comparing 2019 election to 2023 election. Many things that happened 2019 won't repeat itself. Atiku inherited almost all the Southerner 's votes and middle belt bcoz there was no southerner contesting against them but lose woefully in the north. Now the pendulum will swing to Obi inheriting the SE/SS n some votes in Lagos n NC. The whole of the NE/NW/Some parts of North central will be shared between Atiku, Kwankwaso and Tinubu bcoz of goodwills, loyalty n structure/stakeholders. While Tinubu has the whole of SW.

1 Like

Re: Why The North Will Not Vote For Atiku Heavily by Danwakae(m): 9:13am On Jun 20, 2022
Peacecore:
Anyone can claim to north in order to add relevance to his delusional claims. Even if u are a northerner do belong to the inner of power play. U can't claim to represent the whole north bro. U ppl like analysing unfounded power play here.

You can assume anything u iike , u r entitle to ur opinion. I am not a politician as such, I am not among the political power Bloc, but they knw our cultures, religion and what we would want and play accordingly. You must not be a Northerner to knw what is feasible here , but as a Taraba man , who have traveled far and wide the north, even if I don't smoke , does not mean I will say those who smoke , does via their ears... U can keep assuming until reality hit u hard.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Giant Peter Obi Campaign Billboard Erected In Wukari, Taraba State. / Gen. Ishaya Bamaiyi Discharged And Acquited! / Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.