Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,267 members, 7,829,553 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1476927 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4288) (4289) (4290) (4291) (4292) (4293) (4294) ... (4678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:02pm On Feb 28
Coup currently ongoing in Chad.
Nawa
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by odizeey(m): 10:08pm On Feb 28
Na Binance go lose in the end because other exchanges are available.

The dollar was not up to the 1300+ you are posting when your leader of clowns entered power.

And you are here posting Binance rate. You cannot fight an economic fight with physical devices. Na with brain. Unfortunately, una group no get fully formed brain.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 10:35pm On Feb 28
OasisX:
grin

......PBAT is clueless, Tinubu is confused. Time will tell. LOL!

Yes o. Time is sure telling grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by odizeey(m): 10:37pm On Feb 28
Hope they will still detain pure water sellers that won't use current binance rate to sell.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 10:37pm On Feb 28
odizeey:
Na Binance go lose in the end because other exchanges are available.

The dollar was not up to the 1300+ you are posting when your leader of clowns entered power.

And you are here posting Binance rate. You cannot fight an economic fight with physical devices. Na with brain. Unfortunately, una group no get fully formed brain.

Don't let Oasisx deceive you with that screenshot from spot. Dollar is not 1300+ anywhere
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by odizeey(m): 10:37pm On Feb 28
Itsrm:

Yes o. Time is sure telling grin
cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:37pm On Feb 28
Wawu

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by odizeey(m): 10:38pm On Feb 28
Itsrm:

Don't let Oasisx deceive you with that screenshot from spot. Dollar is not 1300+ anywhere

It is, only on Binance.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 10:38pm On Feb 28
odizeey:
Hope they will still detain pure water sellers that won't use current binance rate to sell.
lower your frequencygrin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:39pm On Feb 28
Itsrm:

Okay I get it.
My blood dey hot😅
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by odizeey(m): 10:39pm On Feb 28
Ballzproblem2:
lower your frequencygrin
cheesy cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 10:39pm On Feb 28
odizeey:

It is, only on Binance.

No one buys usdt on binance spot. The P2P market where people buy has been taken off today.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by odizeey(m): 10:42pm On Feb 28
Itsrm:

No one buys usdt on binance spot. The P2P market where people buy has been taken off today.

I know. But the current rate it is on Binance is 1300+

No other exchange is as low as that.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 11:51pm On Feb 28
what does this imply

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 11:54pm On Feb 28
TrebleChamp:
afrococ2 that dude wey le kini mo soldier wife is a skit maker truly 😁

https://twitter.com/KraksTV/status/1762869099485380954?t=joZVgk0SUpvTw2v5kDJ8uA&s=19

Hahaha. The guy story dey too detailed that time.

The guy wants to plant garri. grin Otunba Lamba.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 12:10am On Feb 29
GloriousGbola:
https://www.nairaland.com/8015483/puff-daddy-accused-sexual-assault

50 is going to troll the hell out of diddy

https://www.reddit.com/r/NYStateOfMind/s/Tok4eHVUGd

Thread is willld grin

P diddler

They redacted Meek's name but at the bottom of the page they added description, " he is a Philadelphia rapper who dated Nicki Minaj".

grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:17am On Feb 29
seankafor:
what does this imply

It is just another means for Tinubu's government raising money from the private sector. Companies like MTN, Diageo( Guinness Nigeria ) , foreign owned oil and gas companies , etc who may have foreigners as either directors or senior staff will now be expected to pay $15k and $10k respectively to Nigerian government for having foreigners on their books .

It's companies in the oil and gas sector that will be worse hit with this. I wonder how they will react to this news cos they are the ones that their line of business requires expatriates the most .

Even though the government says the aim of the levy is to ensure more Nigerians get employed for roles foreigners are occupying in some of these firms , I still believe the quest to generate government revenue is the major drive behind this move. It would've been better if government can exempt firms who can't find local talent to fill core technical roles before employing expatriates . But what do I know ? 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:18am On Feb 29
MTN + Third mainland closure showed me shege yesterday 😢
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:28am On Feb 29
BlueRayDick:

It is just another means for Tinubu's government raising money from the private sector. Companies like MTN, Diageo( Guinness Nigeria ) , foreign owned oil and gas companies , etc who may have foreigners as either directors or senior staff will now be expected to pay $15k and $10k respectively to Nigerian government for having foreigners on their books .

It's companies in the oil and gas sector that will be worse hit with this. I wonder how they will react to this news cos they are the ones that their line of business requires expatriates the most .

Even though the government says the aim of the levy is to ensure more Nigerians get employed for roles foreigners are occupying in some of these firms , I still believe the quest to generate government revenue is the major drive behind this move. It would've been better if government can exempt firms who can't find local talent to fill core technical roles before employing expatriates . But what do I know ? 🤷🏼‍♂️

But how much will the whole money be? Money that one director in ministry can embezzle in one week. I hope there are other reasons beyond raising funds cos that money no go reach anywhere.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:34am On Feb 29
afrodoc2:

But how much will the whole money be? Money that one director in ministry can embezzle in one week. I hope there are other reasons beyond raising funds cos that money no go reach anywhere.

There are many companies that have expatriates on their books o. What I don't know is whether the $10k is per expatriate employed or the $10k is a flat fee that covers all expatriates on one company's books .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:44am On Feb 29
BlueRayDick:

There are many companies that have expatriates on their books o. What I don't know is whether the $10k is per expatriate employed or the $10k is a flat fee that covers all expatriates on one company's books .

Looking like a per head fee. Okay maybe i didn't realize the number of expatriates in that space in Nigeria.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:05am On Feb 29
afrodoc2:

Looking like a per head fee. Okay maybe i didn't realize the number of expatriates in that space in Nigeria.

If it's per head , then the government will make money . Look at Dangote group alone for example; there are enough expatriates who work with Dangote refinery & Petrochemicals , Dangote Fertilizers & chemicals , Dangote cement, Dangate Sinotruk West Africa etc . Dangote cement alone has 3 members on the board of directors that are foreigners.

Even in the finance sector there are venture capitalists and investment companies who employ CFA charter holders and qualified experienced actuaries as expatriates because we don't have enough Nigerians with those qualifications to do the job.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:13am On Feb 29
BlueRayDick:

If it's per head , then the government will make money . Look at Dangote group alone for example; there are enough expatriates who work with Dangote refinery & Petrochemicals , Dangote Fertilizers & chemicals , Dangote cement, Dangate Sinotruk West Africa etc . Dangote cement alone has 3 members on the board of directors that are foreigners.

Even in the finance sector there are venture capitalists and investment companies who employ CFA charter holders and qualified experienced actuaries as expatriates because we don't have enough Nigerians with those qualifications to do the job.

Yeah. I didn’t see the “other categories “. I thought it was only for directors.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:18am On Feb 29
Theflint1:
Maybe na the Master Plan be this

Una sure say these things no go pursue potential foreign investors like this ? If the economy is highly unstable and the government keeps making head scratching decisions in response to the economic issues ; how will foreign investors have confidence that their investment will be safe when push comes to shove ?

Reading about Nestle posting loss in 2023 shocked me . A multinational went from making N71billion profit after tax in 2022 to making N104 billion loss in 2023 and total shareholder's fund wiped out due to foreign exchange loss 🥵

My question is what exactly does Tinubu and his entourage intend to go and tell them in Qatar and other countries they will be visiting later to discuss about investing in Nigeria ? What assurances does he intend to give them that will convince them to invest here and watch their investment grow? 🤷🏼‍♂️
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 2:25am On Feb 29
BlueRayDick:

Una sure say these things no go pursue potential foreign investors like this ? If the economy is highly unstable and the government keeps making head scratching decisions in response to the economic issues ; how will foreign investors have confidence that their investment will be safe when push comes to shove ?

Reading about Nestle posting loss in 2023 shocked me . A multinational went from making N71billion profit after tax in 2022 to making N104 billion loss in 2023 and total shareholder's fund wiped out due to foreign exchange loss 🥵

My question is what exactly does Tinubu and his entourage intend to go and tell them in Qatar and other countries they will be visiting later to discuss about investing in Nigeria ? What assurances does he intend to give them that will convince them to invest here and watch their investment grow? 🤷🏼‍♂️
Qatar is just entertaining him for diplomacy sake ,if not nothing they that airhead.

with way tinubu had handled Nigeria so far ,he didn't build shit in Lagos at all.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 2:34am On Feb 29
afrodoc2:

I doubt that it's the revenue drive nor do I think they'll get much out of it.

Companies can easily outsource the contract to a foreign entity and have the employee perform the same roles while not being engaged as an expatriate.

I know companies like deel have a Nigeria presence and exist for these kind of purposes. A lot of people in the tech ecosystem also use this kind of structure
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 2:50am On Feb 29
BlueRayDick:

Highly doubt the bolded.

Nigeria has quite a large number of investment professionals. Also speaking as someone who's quite familiar with the industry, the expat market is largely of no use without a huge or even sound financial market which Nigeria doesnt even touch.

There's nothing sophisticated in the Nigerian Investment or capital market which I imagine would require the services of an expat. A transfer from the US/European based company with a Nigerian presence is what you are more likely to see
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by odizeey(m): 3:36am On Feb 29
OasisX:
grin

......PBAT is clueless, Tinubu is confused. Time will tell. LOL!

Cost of medication don skyrocket because manufacturers don run. You dey here dey post binance usdt to naira.

I wish I was near you, you for just chop slap.

9 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:39am On Feb 29
Spy360:

Leave Raumdeut.er. He doesn't see with his eyes anymore.

It's unfortunate he's defending the indefensible .

About a couple of years ago Obama's wife confirmed they pay for every food they eat in the White House and that it's not tax payers money they use to feed . That's the almighty and rich America o.

But a "broke" Nigeria should be responsible for paying for traveling expenses of 30 something year old adults who happen to be children of the president . And it's to a summit/state visit that doesn't concern them o. Smh. 🤦‍♂️

Na Nigerians be the weapon fashioned against the country

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 5:13am On Feb 29
Tinubu should be taxing those our abroad guys too that are working. Get a good database of all of them and start taxing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4288) (4289) (4290) (4291) (4292) (4293) (4294) ... (4678) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Segedinho(m), izzou(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.