Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story (9905 Views)

Obi-West: Surviving Seduction From A Nigerian Lady Saved Me From Contracting HIV / I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide / “I Almost Lost My Life 3 Days Ago But My Boobs Saved Me” - Lady Recounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Nomanlike(m): 9:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
This might be a long read for some people but its all cool.

I was born into your average Nigeria family, we never had so much as to live life however we want and likewise we never had so little as not to meet up with the basic amenities. Ours was a knitted family so i never had much chances of mingling with many kids but i had friends and enjoyed my childhood to the best of my knowledge. On one hand i think i'm lucky with the life lottery because i am a brilliant and very intelligent boy who regularly took 1st position in my primary days( on one occasion i cried in public after i came 2nd; i think in primary 5. I'm also handsome i think above average. (Babies and really young kid+ teenagers usually stare longer at me and always respect me. I finished everything school done NYSC before turning 23 in 2019. That was when hell began for me. I started looking for jobs first in my neighborhood and state plus all over the Internet. It didn't take long for me to realize that i was actually spending a lot transporting for interviews and still not getting jobs. Can't recall how many times i felled foul to fake job adverts. I couldn't secure any job i thought was befitting of my standing as a graduate. It got so bad i started applying for barman/waiter jobs and even teaching in primary school (secondary schools wouldn't give me a second look) but the pay offered was really low for the stress involved. Nov 2019 came around and i realized i have almost exhausted my little savings. That was when i upped energy and started scouting for jobs more vigorously including other states. Fortune smiled on me (or so i thought) when my dads Rich friend who is into importation and exportation in Apapa agreed to employ me at his workplace. I was so happy and thought i have arrived at something meaningful. I traveled to Lagos the upper week to resume work and stayed with my brother and his family. This was when i really got introduced into the real world of adulthood. I am an ambivert (more on the introvert side) who went from boarding school during college to living in the school hostel during my Uni so i didn't really much interaction with the outside world.

It didn't take me long to realize that my colleagues at work didn't regard me as much because they thought i got the job without because i know the boss. They underrated me at every turn and always trid to make me feel less never giving me the chance to contribute meaningfully. Those who know about agent work will attract that you don't get paid salaries, you only get commission when you clear goods. I wasn't allowed to do this because they said I'm new and placed me under one senior manager who didn't care less. Imagine living in Lagos without your family (my brother really cared less) and no source of credible income. I was always really broke in lagos and always overthinking. This affected many aspects of my life as i wasn't in The right space of mind to function properly and make better decisions. This affected EVERY aspect of my life. I had to go AWOL from the job because it was really affecting me mentally i almost couldn't recognize myself. Spent the next two months looking for jobs all over Lagos submitting CV and all. I applied for jobs in schools,hotels, companies etc . one certain time i got so broke and broken i wanted to go and work offloading job for one company, when i got there and saw the kind of people i was supposed to work with (no disrespect) that was when i realized how far i had falling from my peak. Getting a good job in Lagos was soooo hard i don't know why. It seemed like the world world was against me. TBC

PS. Please check page 4 for completion of my tale. I dont regret doing yahoo to survive and make ends meet. NOBODY out here is ready to help anybody including family members. They all want to keep you down so you can keep washing there car for 1k. Even the Nigerian system is meant to keep everyone down and beg for peanuts. People working 9-5 getting paid 30-50k every month despite the rising cost of everything. Miss me with that shit. I encourage everyone struggling financially to go into Yahoo and scam the shit outta this white folks. I want to be the reason a white man or woman commits suicide after I'm done with them.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Obascoetubi: 9:10pm On Jun 20, 2022
Nomanlike:
This might be a long read for some people but its all cool.

I was born into your average Nigeria family, we never had so much as to live life however we want and likewise we never had so little as not to meet up with the basic amenities. Ours was a knitted family so i never had much chances of mingling with many kids but i had friends and enjoyed my childhood to the best of my knowledge. On one hand i think i'm lucky with the life lottery because i am a brilliant and very intelligent boy who regularly took 1st position in my primary days( on one occasion i cried in public after i came 2nd; i think in primary 5. I'm also handsome i think above average. (Babies and really young kid+ teenagers usually stare longer at me and always respect me. I finished everything school done NYSC before turning 23 in 2019. That was when hell began for me. I started looking for jobs first in my neighborhood and state plus all over the Internet. It didn't take long for me to realize that i was actually spending a lot transporting for interviews and still not getting jobs. Can't recall how many times i felled foul to fake job adverts. I couldn't secure any job i thought was befitting of my standing as a graduate. It got so bad i started applying for barman/waiter jobs and even teaching in primary school (secondary schools wouldn't give me a second look) but the pay offered was really low for the stress involved. Nov 2019 came around and i realized i have almost exhausted my little savings. That was when i upped energy and started scouting for jobs more vigorously including other states. Fortune smiled on me (or so i thought) when my dads Rich friend who is into importation and exportation in Apapa agreed to employ me at his workplace. I was so happy and thought i have arrived at something meaningful. I traveled to Lagos the upper week to resume work and stayed with my brother and his family. This was when i really got introduced into the real world of adulthood. I am an ambivert (more on the introvert side) who went from boarding school during college to living in the school hostel during my Uni so i didn't really much interaction with the outside world.

It didn't take me long to realize that my colleagues at work didn't regard me as much because they thought i got the job without because i know the boss. They underrated me at every turn and always trid to make me feel less never giving me the chance to contribute meaningfully. Those who know about agent work will attract that you don't get paid salaries, you only get commission when you clear goods. I wasn't allowed to do this because they said I'm new and placed me under one senior manager who didn't care less. Imagine living in Lagos without your family (my brother really cared less) and no source of credible income. I was always really broke in lagos and always overthinking. This affected many aspects of my life as i wasn't in The right space of mind to function properly and make better decisions. This affected EVERY aspect of my life. I had to go AWOL from the job because it was really affecting me mentally i almost couldn't recognize myself. Spent the next two months looking for jobs all over Lagos submitting CV and all. I applied for jobs in schools,hotels, companies etc . one certain time i got so broke and broken i wanted to go and work offloading job for one company, when i got there and saw the kind of people i was supposed to work with (no disrespect) that was when i realized how far i had falling from my peak. Getting a good job in Lagos was soooo hard i don't know why. It seemed like the world world was against me. TBC
And those u scammed via yahoo now in depression abi?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 20, 2022
Space booked

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Samakus(m): 9:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
Obascoetubi:

Allow him to 'land' then you can start your reprimand

There's no excuse for fraud. None whatsoever

Oboy, come continue make I see the end of the Nollywood story

12 Likes

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Ballzproblemm: 9:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
na u sabi
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
Obascoetubi:
That's what makes me mad...

They never consider those they scammed... What those people went through... The op wouldn't put himself in their shoes... Assume it was he who had spent his youth struggling, he finally got a job and saved enough to start living... Then someone stole everything leaving him penniless...

It's the entitlement mentality... That's what's wrong with the youths of today...

The me myself and I mindset...

The op has always believed that he's special... Since he's intelligent and smart, why should he suffer like the billion other poor people in the world?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Silentgroper(m): 9:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
Following.
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Usorohtheman(m): 9:43pm On Jun 20, 2022
Is it possible for this world to survive without money?

What is the essence of money, self?
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by 22o62021: 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
You think say e dey easy for clients to pay now

I get more than 40 Austrian phone numbers

I saw them from the phone that was sent to me from there.

I don bomb them and no one gree reply.
Them go read my messages ,still lock up

I hope that one day I will share my Yahoo plus experience here.

The mods removed the topic earlier cos of the detailed secrets that I shared there.

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by EmzyT: 9:45pm On Jun 20, 2022
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by jericco1(m): 9:58pm On Jun 20, 2022
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Obascoetubi: 10:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
Datboredberri:

They never consider those they scammed... What those people went through... The op wouldn't put himself in their shoes... Assume it was he who had spent his youth struggling, he finally got a job and saved enough to start living... Then someone stole everything leaving him penniless...

It's the entitlement mentality... That's what's wrong with the youths of today...

The op has always believed that he's special... Since he's intelligent and smart, why should he suffer like the billion other poor people in the world?

No mind him

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by fairwilliams: 10:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
22o62021:

The mods removed the topic earlier cos of the detailed secrets that I shared there.

Pls hlp me wit 5 of them #

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Nomanlike(m): 12:12am On Jun 21, 2022
CONT'D.

One baffling thing about having good genes and being good looking is that people will never believe you are broke or poor. I could just bathe and wear a very regular cloth and people would place regard me highly not knowing i have only #500 in my pocket. Many young boys actually think i was a yahoo boy way before i started it always asking me for update etc. Big balling Yahoo boys gave me my respect too just because i look the part meanwhile i was damn broke, so broke it affected my confidence in every way imaginable. I was caught in the middle of a rock and deep blue sea. On one hand people are always begging me for money and taxing me because i look good not knowing they might actually have way more than me, one the other hand i can't ask or beg friends for money because they always see me as comfortable. Trying to Borrow even up to 10k would be disastrous because i might not be able to pay back owing to my lack of job.
You might think a fine boy like me should have a supportive girlfriend. Well that might be through when i was in Uni but after i enter inside life it was a different ball game. I lived in a commercial neighborhood were most people where into business so many of the girls living around here are sales girls. They are broke and on the look out for who to leech on. They always think i am a rich yahoo boy and give me greenlight but i know these girls are looking for ATM.

Last last i left Lagos after 11 months and guess what? My parents sent me TP from home to come back. I came back and thought i would have peace of mind to reboot and go again only for my dad to make it worse comparing me with other people's kid's because i asked for 5k to hold body knowing fully well of my predicaments in Lagos. Some point the attitude i was getting made me feel like a failure at 25 just because i don't have a source of income. It's funny how your mind plays tricks when you don't have a source of income . i know of people who haven't been to university at that age. Maybe if i wasn't too brilliant and went through school as i did, expectations would be low.

2021 was really hell for me as i was going to and fro into depression having mood swings here and there. Again being good looking also seem to make it worse for me as people assume i am arrogant and a snub then getting defensive when interacting with me probably because of low self esteem. I was always lost in thought overthinking everything. This always affected my interaction with people as i was expected to be proactive. Nobody ever asks me how I'm faring if i am sane and all. Maybe they assume i have food so i should be happy. Fast forward to DEC 2021 and we all traveled down to my village. The actual big boys were in town and oppressing every human I'm sight. Those of us who look rich were in hiding because people and kids will be expecting me to dash them money not knowing i can't afford to sub my phone sufficiently. I was taking perceived disrespect left right and center from family members who got money by shady ways. It gets interesting when you see the elderly singing praises for them despite knowing that their source of income is illegitimate. Inside me i was feeling like a failure because i don't have money to do ANYTHING. I got distant from family members and left the village on 31 dec. I was actually losing it at this point depressed confused and all. My condition in 2021 turned me into an introvert before i could say jac and so i could not always open up and tell people how o really felt. Jan 1sf I made a resolution to leave my state and go SS and start life fresh by with the little money i shamelessly picked at a wedding reception some days back. Jan 2 i went out to a hotel in my area to take one bottle and drown my sorrows. It wasnt up to 20 minutes when one Lexus 330 drove in and when the driver alighted dripping in affluence, it was someone i thought i could recognize and i didnt believe my eyes when i finally did. Is that not Perepe abi na dream? We all attended the same primary school and grew up in the same neighborhood. As recently as three years ago before i left for NYSC, we all played football together and he never looked like he could get in far in such a short time.
TBC

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Nomanlike(m): 12:13am On Jun 21, 2022
Obascoetubi:
it's not a fair world bro. Everyone is scamming everyone one way or the other

12 Likes

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Nomanlike(m): 12:17am On Jun 21, 2022
Obascoetubi:
its not a fair world bro

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Nomanlike(m): 12:20am On Jun 21, 2022
Datboredberri:

They never consider those they scammed... What those people went through... The op wouldn't put himself in their shoes... Assume it was he who had spent his youth struggling, he finally got a job and saved enough to start living... Then someone stole everything leaving him penniless... The whites will always find a way to get they shit together. They put Africa in this mess anyway

them whites folks will always sort they shit out after getting scammed as they live in a fairer world.moreover they put Africa in this mess anyway

10 Likes

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Obascoetubi: 6:23am On Jun 21, 2022
Nomanlike:
it's not a fair world bro. Everyone is scamming everyone one way or the other
COUNT ME OUT I NO DEY SCAM PPL

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by gentleman82: 6:59am On Jun 21, 2022
Continue your story let's see if there is hope for those still passing through financially induced depression.

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by adegunwa4real(m): 7:00am On Jun 21, 2022
Nomanlike:
them whites folks will always sort they shit out after getting scammed as they live in a fairer world.moreover they put Africa in this mess anyway

How can I contact you please?
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Benki003(m): 7:10am On Jun 21, 2022
The story was sounding real untill u drop this line

(. It wasnt up to 20 minutes when one Lexus 330 drove in and when the driver alighted dripping in affluence, it was someone i thought i could recognize and i didnt believe my eyes when i finally did. Is that not Perepe abi na dream?)

6 Likes

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by KingofAbuja(m): 9:11am On Jun 21, 2022
Following...
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by 23jerryking(m): 9:17am On Jun 21, 2022
So we plenty .... embarassedSo we plenty ....
See me now going through the same thing, 28, unemployed. Owing loan apps. Hoping for change that seems a little far away. But funny enough I'm in an environment where every guy of my age has made it through Yahoo but that's not something I'd love to do at all. It would be hard to forgive myself after scamming people of their hard-earned money. The only things I ever stole were drinks from my mother's fridge and meat from her pots.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Cravemore: 9:24am On Jun 21, 2022
Usorohtheman:
Is it possible for this world to survive without money?

What is the essence of money, self?
dere's so many secret about money these money.
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Cravemore: 9:27am On Jun 21, 2022
Nomanlike:
No need to explain, they be naive.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by iykomo0(m): 10:18am On Jun 21, 2022
23jerryking:
So we plenty .... embarassedSo we plenty ....
See me now going through the same thing, 28, unemployed. Owing loan apps. Hoping for change that seems a little far away. But funny enough I'm in an environment where every guy of my age has made it through Yahoo but that's not something I'd love to do at all. It would be hard to forgive myself after scamming people of their hard-earned money. The only things I ever stole were drinks from my mother's fridge and meat from her pots.
guy life hard bro... only the Brave and Violent takes it from this point. me I've decided to take the bull by the horn and try to fix my life at all cost. damn the consequences.

10 Likes

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Shifi1: 10:26am On Jun 21, 2022
22o62021:

Pls share with us I want to learn
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by pillsNportion: 10:47am On Jun 21, 2022
Whatsoever it takes to fix your life bro fix it, nobody really care what you going through, I swear nobody gives a Bleep,, it’s you vs you.

14 Likes

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by 22o62021: 11:01am On Jun 21, 2022
fairwilliams:

Pls hlp me wit 5 of them #

Numbers are for sale

5 50k

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Lastpharoah33: 11:33am On Jun 21, 2022
22o62021:

Baba, you too run +parole?
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 21, 2022
The pesin wey read make dem come summarize abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Had Sex!with Ma Cousin / What's The Full Meaning Of OG? / Guys Pls Say The Truth Can U Marry A Scarred Girl With Burns On Her Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.