Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story (9963 Views)

Obi-West: Surviving Seduction From A Nigerian Lady Saved Me From Contracting HIV / I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide / “I Almost Lost My Life 3 Days Ago But My Boobs Saved Me” - Lady Recounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Lastpharoah33: 11:43am On Jun 21, 2022
No one wants to associate with a failure, make it tomorrow and watch them castigate you, calling all sorts of name.

But when you were toiling, doing strenuous, odd jobs to keep body and soul together, no one was there to ask why you are so broke.

9 Likes

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by LadymissiIe(f): 11:45am On Jun 21, 2022
23jerryking:
So we plenty .... embarassedSo we plenty ....
See me now going through the same thing, 28, unemployed. Owing loan apps. Hoping for change that seems a little far away. But funny enough I'm in an environment where every guy of my age has made it through Yahoo but that's not something I'd love to do at all. It would be hard to forgive myself after scamming people of their hard-earned money. The only things I ever stole were drinks from my mother's fridge and meat from her pots.
same here.. change your environment so those show offs won't make you think twice
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by obinna58(m): 11:48am On Jun 21, 2022
23jerryking:
See me now going through the same thing, 28, unemployed. Owing loan apps. Hoping for change that seems a little far away. But funny enough I'm in an environment where every guy of my age has made it through Yahoo but that's not something I'd love to do at all. It would be hard to forgive myself after scamming people of their hard-earned money. The only things I ever stole were drinks from my mother's fridge and meat from her pots.
Do what you gotta do to survive.
Look around you what seems right in this country.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Alaefulu(m): 11:53am On Jun 21, 2022
Life no too easy,we all have our stories but those in a hurry tend to drift off negatively.. Continue we reading

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by pillsNportion: 11:55am On Jun 21, 2022
Yahoo plus na ritual oh, u no even need to bomb and money go dey come, but ready for sacrifices

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by UrProguy: 12:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
pillsNportion:
Yahoo plus na ritual oh, u no even need to bomb and money go dey come, but ready for sacrifices
How the money go come when you no dey work?
We Africans really need to change our mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
g boys with sure client pm via asap make we chop limit grin
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Owologbo(m): 12:09pm On Jun 21, 2022
Datboredberri:
That's what makes me mad...

They never consider those they scammed... What those people went through... The op wouldn't put himself in their shoes... Assume it was he who had spent his youth struggling, he finally got a job and saved enough to start living... Then someone stole everything leaving him penniless...

It's the entitlement mentality... That's what's wrong with the youths of today...

The me myself and I mindset...

The op has always believed that he's special... Since he's intelligent and smart, why should he suffer like the billion other poor people in the world?

They don't have conscience.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Hanz1: 12:11pm On Jun 21, 2022
23jerryking:
...and 5 naira note from her purse to buy biscuits when u were 5 cheesy
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by SandraIkuboR(f): 12:17pm On Jun 21, 2022
sadThough we can't say Yahoo is good,but what can we say about the youths with no jobs??

Nigeria has ended up destabilizing the educational system,you can't even say,"Yes when I leave school I'll get a job" Cos no jobs whatsoever

Nothing has being put down in place for the youths
So they end up doing all they can to survive(which is so saddd)

Can't blame them though

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by abfelicity91: 12:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
Useless write-up. No wonder the op finds it difficult to get a job. Just look at the way he was beating around the bush when he can just jump from one tree to another and get to the destination in no time.
Simple small summary, he no fit.. Instead of I ate just a plate of rice in the morning, he will be telling us how he use his hand to hold the spoon and how he raise the hand to his mouth.. Nonsense. angry If I read this again ba, hmm!

6 Likes

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by abfelicity91: 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2022
SandraIkuboR:
sadThough we can't say Yahoo is good,but what can we say about the youths with no jobs??

Nigeria has ended up destabilizing the educational system,you can't even say,"Yes when I leave school I'll get a job" Cosmo job whatsoever

So they end up doing all they can to survive(which is so pitiful)

Can't blame them though sadThough we can't say Yahoo is good,but what can we say about the youths with no jobs??

Nigeria has ended up destabilizing the educational system,you can't even say,"Yes when I leave school I'll get a job" Cosmo job whatsoever

So they end up doing all they can to survive(which is so pitiful)

Can't blame them though
The government no d do us yahoo? everybody the cheat.. Common lighter of N50 for gate, one die hard Christian woman come sell am for me for N150. no be cheating all in the name of business be that?
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Owologbo(m): 12:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
LadymissiIe:
fool spotted. I'm sure you're either Yoruba, Benin or Delta
Why delta? Don't give us bad name ok. We deltans are hardworking people. By the way, which state are you from? I'd like to know if y'all holy.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by LadymissiIe(f): 12:30pm On Jun 21, 2022
Owologbo:

Why delta? Don't give us bad name ok. We deltans are hardworking people.
By the way, which state are you from? I'd like to know if y'all holy.
I'm from Delta as well and I know how my Urhobo brothers are lazy and resort to fetish means to earn money.

6 Likes

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by SandraIkuboR(f): 12:30pm On Jun 21, 2022
abfelicity91:

The government no d do us yahoo? everybody the cheat.. Common lighter of N50 for gate, one die hard Christian woman come sell am for me for N150. no be cheating all in the name of business be that?

I'm also not denying the fact that some fellow heartless Nigerians too have also added to the sufferings of our fellow Nigerians....

Sorry to say(i can see frustration written all over you)
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by 22o62021: 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2022
LadymissiIe:
so basically if you add blood to your Yahoo, those Austrian clients go come pay?

Yes
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by LadymissiIe(f): 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2022
22o62021:

Yes
fallacy.
and to think you're educated but still join the bandwagon of ignoramuses to believe this hogwash baffles me.
There's no logic behind this.
It doesn't work abeg stop deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by 22o62021: 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
LadymissiIe:
fallacy.
and to think you're educated but still join the bandwagon of ignoramuses to believe this hogwash baffles me.
There's no logic behind this.
It doesn't work abeg stop deceiving yourself

Babe, See I went, I saw and I ran away

Well let me agree with you and that is because I did not proceed with the rituals.

But I saw with my eyez , right there.
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Gift96: 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
pillsNportion:
Does it really work like that?
Dem get key to CBN vault??

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Owologbo(m): 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2022
LadymissiIe:
I'm from Delta as well and I know how my Urhobo brothers are lazy and resort to fetish means to earn money.
what percentage of your urhobo brothers are lazy compare to the hard-working ones?

Can give me a tribe that's all hardworking?

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by eddyroyal(m): 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
iykomo0:
guy life hard bro... only the Brave and Violent takes it from this point. me I've decided to take the bull by the horn and try to fix my life at all cost. damn the consequences.
Just tired of this country.
I'v been depressed over n over. Was done with NYSC since 2019 till now nothing. No hope from anywhere. Since yesterday I've been sipping garri. I'll soon be approaching 30yrs. As I'm chatting, na opera mini free mode I dey use. Sincerely I'm tired....
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Amos1423(m): 1:13pm On Jun 21, 2022
Baba your story clear abeg I dey serve now and as I dey talk to you small time I don finish off, I no get better phone self talk more of laptop. That's how hard life is with me RN. I don ask for job vacancy tire for this nairaland and na so so insult I dey collect back to back. Abeg even if na HK gimme link I go follow you, like this ave been thinking my life out here. Confused asf!

Nomanlike:
CONT'D.

One baffling thing about having good genes and being good looking is that people will never believe you are broke or poor. I could just bathe and wear a very regular cloth and people would place regard me highly not knowing i have only #500 in my pocket. Many young boys actually think i was a yahoo boy way before i started it always asking me for update etc. Big balling Yahoo boys gave me my respect too just because i look the part meanwhile i was damn broke, so broke it affected my confidence in every way imaginable. I was caught in the middle of a rock and deep blue sea. On one hand people are always begging me for money and taxing me because i look good not knowing they might actually have way more than me, one the other hand i can't ask or beg friends for money because they always see me as comfortable. Trying to Borrow even up to 10k would be disastrous because i might not be able to pay back owing to my lack of job.
You might think a fine boy like me should have a supportive girlfriend. Well that might be through when i was in Uni but after i enter inside life it was a different ball game. I lived in a commercial neighborhood were most people where into business so many of the girls living around here are sales girls. They are broke and on the look out for who to leech on. They always think i am a rich yahoo boy and give me greenlight but i know these girls are looking for ATM.

Last last i left Lagos after 11 months and guess what? My parents sent me TP from home to come back. I came back and thought i would have peace of mind to reboot and go again only for my dad to make it worse comparing me with other people's kid's because i asked for 5k to hold body knowing fully well of my predicaments in Lagos. Some point the attitude i was getting made me feel like a failure at 25 just because i don't have a source of income. It's funny how your mind plays tricks when you don't have a source of income . i know of people who haven't been to university at that age. Maybe if i wasn't too brilliant and went through school as i did, expectations would be low.

2021 was really hell for me as i was going to and fro into depression having mood swings here and there. Again being good looking also seem to make it worse for me as people assume i am arrogant and a snub then getting defensive when interacting with me probably because of low self esteem. I was always lost in thought overthinking everything. This always affected my interaction with people as i was expected to be proactive. Nobody ever asks me how I'm faring if i am sane and all. Maybe they assume i have food so i should be happy. Fast forward to DEC 2021 and we all traveled down to my village. The actual big boys were in town and oppressing every human I'm sight. Those of us who look rich were in hiding because people and kids will be expecting me to dash them money not knowing i can't afford to sub my phone sufficiently. I was taking perceived disrespect left right and center from family members who got money by shady ways. It gets interesting when you see the elderly singing praises for them despite knowing that their source of income is illegitimate. Inside me i was feeling like a failure because i don't have money to do ANYTHING. I got distant from family members and left the village on 31 dec. I was actually losing it at this point depressed confused and all. My condition in 2021 turned me into an introvert before i could say jac and so i could not always open up and tell people how o really felt. Jan 1sf I made a resolution to leave my state and go SS and start life fresh by with the little money i shamelessly picked at a wedding reception some days back. Jan 2 i went out to a hotel in my area to take one bottle and drown my sorrows. It wasnt up to 20 minutes when one Lexus 330 drove in and when the driver alighted dripping in affluence, it was someone i thought i could recognize and i didnt believe my eyes when i finally did. Is that not Perepe abi na dream? We all attended the same primary school and grew up in the same neighborhood. As recently as three years ago before i left for NYSC, we all played football together and he never looked like he could get in far in such a short time.
TBC

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Amos1423(m): 1:14pm On Jun 21, 2022
Baba your story clear abeg I dey serve now and as I dey talk to you small time I don finish off, I no get better phone self talk more of laptop. That's how hard life is with me RN. I don ask for job vacancy tire for this nairaland and na so so insult I dey collect back to back. Abeg even if na HK gimme link I go follow you, like this ave been thinking my life out here. Confused asf!

4 Likes

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Richdee1(m): 2:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
Baba con finish your story
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by pillsNportion: 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2022
That’s why it’s called blood money, you don’t need to work and money would be following as long as you’re meeting up the requirements
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Usorohtheman(m): 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2022
Cravemore:
dere's so many secret about money these money.

Yes,

It is a mystery...
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by etrange: 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2022
Yahoo saved your from depression ? This better be a click bait; otherwise, you're an extremely wicked person.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by Philip4564(m): 2:35pm On Jun 21, 2022
Why life con difficult like this cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by koyyess: 2:37pm On Jun 21, 2022
Being a thief and stealing from people got you out of depression.

Not once have you thought about those you have stolen from.

That's how one female working in one network provider outlet was bragging about how one small yahoo boy gave her a #1000 tip. I told her 'oh, because dem never steal your money abi ?'

Zoo people deserve their leaders.

4 Likes

Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by abfelicity91: 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2022
SandraIkuboR:

I'm also not denying the fact that some fellow heartless Nigerians too have also added to the sufferings of our fellow Nigerians....

Sorry to say(i can see frustration written all over you)
Honestly all I can say is that no one cares about anyone this days.. Some only care about their own (family members) .
Re: Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story by realestate99: 3:13pm On Jun 21, 2022
LadymissiIe:
fool spotted.
I'm sure you're either Yoruba, Benin or Delta
Is there a tribe that is not into yahoo in this country? It is a thing to be a fool and another to be a tribalist, but combining the two is a disservice to humanity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Very Curvy Lady Celebrates Her Birthday With Racy Photos Showing Her Ass / Video Of A Girl Eating Shit (graphic) / Nigerian Lady Puts Up Her Nude Pics For Sale At #8,000 Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.