Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,686 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria (37937 Views)

Misrule Worse Than Boko Haram-PDP / Tompolo Not Bigger Than Nigeria; He Must Be Arrested – Keyamo / APC ‘influencing’ Tribunal Judgements Is Worse Than Corruption, Fayose Counsels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Sep 01, 2012
afrodiva:
Odumchi please don't repeat that crap again 200k can definitely get you a decent house in the us.just Google it haba! !!!

Even here in Chicago, 200K will get you a decent Condo downtown.

But we failed to ask the good question, and that is has this @OP ever been to America? She never told us that she has even ever been outside of Nigeria. We made the error of not asking that first.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by odumchi: 5:43am On Sep 03, 2012
Kobojunkie:

But we failed to ask the good question, and that is has this @OP ever been to America? She never told us that she has even ever been outside of Nigeria. We made the error of not asking that first.

Interesting. Over a year later and you're still here... Why am I not surprised?

"Have I ever left Nigeria?" lol.
I'll let you figure that out.

I still stand on the claim that Nigeria is better than the United States in certain aspects.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by odumchi: 6:01am On Sep 03, 2012
Kobojunkie:

If i add a little onto that same $200k, I can erect a 7 bedroom mansion in my town complete with a gate and a boys' quarters.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by deardayo: 6:57am On Oct 07, 2012
Dose who favor nigeria in their agumnt seem 2 ve their sense of reason clouded wit sentment wit dese reasons; 1)wht is d % of nigerians who afta travelin 2 us & findin out all d odd u claim existin dere return voluntrily 2 nigeria. 2)If any of dose arguin sentimentaly ve a relation in us, compare d felow past life whn stil in nigeria wit his present life whn he nw live in us & figure tins out ursef
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 6:29pm On Oct 10, 2013
[size=25pt]American poverty figure edges up to 46.5 million[/size]

[size=15pt]The number of Americans in poverty rose slightly last year to 46.5 million, according to US Census data, despite a stock market recovery.[/size]

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24139251
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by askshukrah: 6:45am On Nov 07, 2013
Lol!!!!! I love all what I have read and if u ask me, i'l say you are all right from different perspective. Life in the state is more tolerating than life in nija. Most are in dept truly but dey pay it at ease......life in nija is by far cheaper bt hard to get the money. In any case your income, how you spend it and your environment matters a lot. M presently in the state but seriously I miss home. Hopefuly I no wan stock for state, but the generall comment is most did not intend to stay long bt now they are for some reasons or the other. If you have your money and leave in comfortable zone both Nija nd State sweet!
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by broswilli: 10:17am On Mar 23, 2016
Nigeria has a long way to go and that is the truth. The only time you may have a chance is if you are a politician, or if you are a breadseller that someone decides to favour. I will try as much as i can not to be negative because negativity is killing our nation. So many youths that came to serve as IT under me tend to carry this negativity and i just want to cry for them. Our politics is so bitter that you just want to stay out of it. Our Negativity makes us not to want to tell ourselves the truth. Once i spoke to my friends about what i didn't like about the secondary school i attended and they branded me as not appreciative. As Nigerians we just appreciate suffering and smilling, forgetting to seek continuous improvement. Nigerians are very intelligent but our brilliant students have stopped reading, they just don't understand why they should put so much effort. Our intelligence is also being destroyed by the favour mentallity. Favour mentallity that states that success is largely dependent on favour not hardwork. The proponents of these theory take arguments from the bible, but forget the examples of the patriarchs who were hardworking before they gained favour. So many things has gone wrong with our country and until those things are fixed living in America would still be better. Some may argue against american life as immoral but it is still preferable to the Nigerian hypocrisy. I rest my case.

Unconventionally Yours,
broswilli.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by mikolo80: 11:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
odumchi:
Have you always dreamt about going to America? Many Nigerians envision America as a land of gold and honey. A land where the government showers you daily with piles of cash, and a land where everything is free. Well, they are wrong. There is nothing of that sort in America, and recent studies and accounts have shown that it is actually better for you to stay in Nigeria than it is to go to America. Here are five reasons why.

1. Debt: The mirage that anything and everything is possible in America is a lie. Worst of all, to new immigrants, the amount of credit offered in America is so attractive that by the time you know it, you will be chin deep in Debt. Debt that will most likely take you the rest of your natural life, and half of your children's to pay off.

2. Stress: America is the capital of stress. With 12 hour shifts and continuos work, the labour takes a heavy toll on its people, unlike in Nigeria. In Nigeria, you are the boss. You decide when to work and for how long. There is not a widespread practice of 24hour shifts and round the clock work, making it much better for your health and etc. The Stress in America might cause diseases previousl unexperienced by the average Nigerian. Diseases such as High-blood pressure, Hyper tension, and Arthiritis.

3. Professional Devalue: America can be a welcoming place for highly educated and well-off immigrants but also a nightmare for others. It is often known as the "graveyard of occupations" meaning that one's previous education and occupation can easily be rendered worthless in America. There was a woman who was very well off in Nigeria. She was the head chef of a 5-star hotel back in Nigeria and upon her arrival in the US, her degree and occupation was declared worthelss. She was turned down by many other hotels and had to assume a job as a frycook at McDonalds. There is also another account of a Local Governor from Nigeria who held many outstanding degrees from Universities in Nigeria, but was denied a reasonable job in America. In short, their lives were restarted.

4. Prices: Things have become very expensive for Americans. Things ranging from household items to entire homes, and combined with the constant devalue of the Naira, the US can be a financial nightmare for Nigerians. An ordinary 4-bedroom, single family house in the US will cost atleast $500,000 which is N83,000,000, More than enough to errect a 10 bedroom mansion with a boys-quarters and a gate in Nigeria. A brand new jeep in the US can easily cost $40,000 which is N6.6 million, more than enough to buy TWO jeeps in Nigeria.

5. Cultural Diffusion: The thing that every Nigerian regards with utmost importnace is his/her cultural background. America is a slaughter house for African cultures. People emmigrate form Nigeria and give birth to their children in the US. As their children grow up, the parents avoid teaching them their native language, and from then on the children are at a loss. Then, their parents avoid teaching them about their culture and tradition. Lastly, with all this not given to them, their children effectively turn into AAsand are estranged form the culture sand tradition of their homeland, ultimately deciding their destiny in life.

With this in mind, Ill be glad to recieve your feedback and thoughts on this cool
bet guy d poverty in Nigeria is real. although it's only children that enjoy the wealth in Yankee
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by olorunda68: 7:24pm On Apr 27, 2016
keep the conversation going please!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Helicopter Crashes In Bama, Borno / Edo Speaker, Frank Okiye Dumps APC For PDP / I Fear President Buhari May Be Murdered – APC Chieftain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.