Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,855 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria (37910 Views)

Misrule Worse Than Boko Haram-PDP / Tompolo Not Bigger Than Nigeria; He Must Be Arrested – Keyamo / APC ‘influencing’ Tribunal Judgements Is Worse Than Corruption, Fayose Counsels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Sunofgod(m): 12:27am On Jul 23, 2011
alj harem:

Owing money in the worlds context is actually good for development provided that the money borrowed is used to for development of the citizens and the country at large.

The most developed countries in the world today are countries in the EU and America

also they are the ones in depts

RANK         COUNTRY        DEPTS
1 United States    14,300,000,000,000 30 June 2010 45,097 95
— European Union 13,720,000,000,000 30 June 2010 27,864 85
2 United Kingdom 8,981,000,000,000 30 June 2010 144,338 400
3 Germany        4,713,000,000,000 30 June 2010 57,755 142
4 France      4,698,000,000,000 30 June 2010 74,619 182
5 Netherlands 3,733,000,000,000 31 December 2009 225,814 471
6 Japan       2,441,000,000,000 30 September 2010 19,148 45
7 Ireland          2,253,000,000,000 30 September 2010 503,914 1,103
8 Norway        2,232,000,000,000 30 June 2010 454,768 538
9 Italy 2,223,000,000,000 30 June 2010 est. 36,841 108
10 Spain 2,166,000,000,000 30 June 2010 47,069 154

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_external_debt

As you can see, depts can has a direct correlation to the standard of living

So indebtedness is a good thing?

Like the 'Greeks' ?
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by ektbear: 12:30am On Jul 23, 2011
Sun of god:

Alj Harem - Please accept my apologies for 'Ekt Bears' utterances.
I will in due course sort that fool out.

Heh. As if that is within your capabilities. I'd like to see you try, though. I'll be here waiting.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Sunofgod(m): 12:34am On Jul 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

Heh. As if that is within your capabilities. I'd like to see you try, though. I'll be here waiting.

Challenge Accepted  cool
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by aljharem(m): 12:35am On Jul 23, 2011
Sun of god:

So indebtedness is a good thing?

Like the 'Greeks' ?

The Americans have a lot of debts but why do they have to pay it yet when the world bank is being controlled by the them and also IMF.

When you get it debt as a country, you have get it right in terms of development and how they would use the money to invest so as to be able to pay their debts

The Greeks are just stressing themselves by cuts in salaries and other allocations in order to pay depts. I know the Greeks have expects but I would advice them to borrow even much more money so they can develop their country and there currency would get stronger

The greeks in my Opinion or not getting this right. They can learn from the americans and europeans that have the highest depts in the world

But if they intend to pay off the debts at the expense of their citizens then goodluck to them.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by bkbabe97y(m): 12:42am On Jul 23, 2011

@OP. I understand ur frustration, u going to be alright. Be easy, aight? This guy made it, so u just might still have a fighting chance. And if ure Ibo, well your chances just improved a whole lot!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by mrman2(m): 1:17am On Jul 23, 2011
i have never been to america, but i am guessing i wouldn't have to worry if boko haramites will blow off my head, if there will be power supply when i get home from work after spending 6hours in traffic on a 30mins drive, i wouldn't have to develop unevenly toned biceps cos of pulling my gen, i wouldn't have to check every danfo to see if all the occupants are men before i enter, i wouldn't have to wait 6years after finishing secondary school to gain admission cos i don't have ''connection'' only to spend 6yrs doing a 4yr course, then another 2yrs in the labour market, then go on strike before government can even consider paying me 18k, if i have an opportunity ehen i will not think twice before i leave this country. the labour market, then go on strike before government can even consider paying me 18k, if i have an opportunity ehen i will not think twice before i leave this country.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by odumchi: 1:21am On Jul 23, 2011
@ Bk.Babe that guy in your pic is a victim of America. What makes him different from any other AMerican Akata?

@Alj and ALL

Massive Debt is the worst thing that can happen to a country. All those nations that you pointed out with massive debt are in a recession, especially the US. By August this year, the US is planning on either freezing spending or raising their spending limit. Billions of dollars are wasted on things that can be easily solved such as diabetes treatment and etc which is caused by the unhealthy habits of the people which is caused by debt.

Look at nations like China. They have little to no debt and they are flourishing. Their economy is flourishing because everyone owes them money not the other way around. And about America, its one of the worst places to live in terms of longeterm achievements. Theres nopoint investing in Americ abecuase almost every avenue has been traversed by someone before you. Nigeria is a young country in need of investment and help. If you guys invested all this money that you are spending in America back into Nigeria, it would be a much better place today.

Remember every empire will eventually fall, and the US's glory days are long gone. They were in the 1950's and 1960's. If America is so great why dont you all sel all your belongings, and move to America without giving two cents about Nigeria?

I heard of a guy who travelled to America and built his family there. He and his wife had kids and they neglected to teach them about their culture/background simply because they were in America. Their kids never went home with their parents, and they came to see themselves as "African Americans" instead of "Nigerian Americans". The guys kids all married akatas and ran away from him to somewhere in the US. The guy himself became lonely and regretted his actions. He found out that he had an anxiety disorder which did not allow him to travel far distcances. Hence, till this day, the man is stuck in America and is longing for his homeland which he is unable to see.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:23am On Jul 23, 2011
mr_man:

i have never been to america, but i am guessing i wouldn't have to worry if boko haramites will blow off my head, if there will be power supply when i get home from work after spending 6hours in traffic on a 30mins drive, i wouldn't have to develop unevenly toned biceps cos of pulling my gen, i wouldn't have to check every danfo to see if all the occupants are men before i enter, i wouldn't have to wait 6years after finishing secondary school to gain admission cos i don't have ''connection'' only to spend 6yrs doing a 4yr course, then another 2yrs in the labour market, then go on strike before government can even consider paying me 18k, if i have an opportunity ehen i will not think twice before i leave this country. the labour market, then go on strike before government can even consider paying me 18k, if i have an opportunity ehen i will not think twice before i leave this country.

Skip the traffic . . . get yourself a nice road bike and you will love, love riding!!! I recommend a Schwinn Suburban . . . most of the cities around here have a great riding community and there are now bike paths on more than 20% of the roads in cities around the country.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:25am On Jul 23, 2011
odumchi:

I heard of a guy who travelled to America and built his family there. He and his wife had kids and they neglected to teach them about their culture/background simply because they were in America. Their kids never went home with their parents, and they came to see themselves as "African Americans" instead of "Nigerian Americans". The guys kids all married akatas and ran away from him to somewhere in the US. The guy himself became lonely and regretted his actions. He found out that he had an anxiety disorder which did not allow him to travel far distcances. Hence, till this day, the man is stuck in America and is longing for his homeland which he is unable to see.

So we should forget the hundreds others who did exactly what the guy did and NEVER REGRETTED it simply because you know of ONE man who did? How old are you undecided undecided undecided undecided

Do you realize how terrible an approach to life that is? Picking up on ONE FAILURE -- who you probably only know 0.001 % of the whole story --- and basing your whole outlook on this, on just that one? undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by odumchi: 1:27am On Jul 23, 2011
You have to hink about the long-term pros and cons.

If you go and live in America:
A. Will your kids learn their language, their culture, and their tradition? (Only about 20-30% of Nigerian children born in America can speak their ethnic language)
B. Will your debt ever be paid before you die or will it become your children's responsibility?
C. Will I forget my people back home?
D. How long will I stay in America?
E. Will I decide to go home and if i do wll my children go with me?
F. Will my cultural identity survive in America?

mr_man:

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by odumchi: 1:31am On Jul 23, 2011
Kobojunkie:

So we should forget the hundreds others who did exactly what the guy did and NEVER REGRETTED it simply because you know of ONE man who did? How old are you undecided undecided undecided undecided

Do you realize how terrible an approach to life that is? Picking up on ONE FAILURE -- who you probably only know 0.001 % of the whole story --- and basing your whole outlook on this, on just that one? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Why are you being so agressive about it? Cool down, Ive been nice and civil to you and atleast respect me by being that way too. I didnt say you should forget about anyone, Im just bringing up an instance. Besides, If a kid is born, raised, and lived in America for his entire life, what makes yo think he will go to Nigeria and marry a Nigerian instead of an Akata or AA who he happens to live around?

I hope you get my point. Im not trying to force anyone to stay in Nigeria. You can live in America your entire life for all that matters, its not my problem. Im just tabling my thoughts.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:39am On Jul 23, 2011
odumchi:

Why are you being so agressive about it? Cool down, Ive been nice and civil to you and atleast respect me by being that way too. I didnt say you should forget about anyone, Im just bringing up an instance. Besides, If a kid is born, raised, and lived in America for his entire life, what makes yo think he will go to Nigeria and marry a Nigerian instead of an Akata or AA who he happens to live around?

I hope you get my point. Im not trying to force anyone to stay in Nigeria. You can live in America your entire life for all that matters, its not my problem. Im just tabling my thoughts.

I am agressive simply for trying to point out how ridiculous your comparisons, and GENERALIZATIONS have been so far? As expected!!!

A kid born in America and raised there is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS especially for the fact that the parents get to CHOOSE what they want for their kids. If a Nigerian wants to raise his/her kids away from that which you call culture and hold so dear to, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with that. People are free, regardless of where they come from originally, to choose a different path for their families.  I have met Nigerians who have done exactly that and I respect them for not caring what people like you think because I know it takes a lot to say NO to doing things the same old way that has probably not worked for them in the past.

There are millions of Nigerians today not married to Nigerians, and they are doing fine . . . their heads have not fallen off their necks and their bank accounts have not dried up as a result.

What you are doing here is simply ASSUMING that every Nigerian must think like you. The Opposite is the case. Not every nigerian wants to live among other Nigerians in America or anywhere else. Not every Nigerians wants to raise their kids "Nigerian" style. Not every Nigerian believes that those so-called Nigerians values are worth much at the end of the day. There are Chinese, Indians, Israelies, Arabs, Mexicans, Italians, Pols Russias, Germans etc who live here and have adopted America as their home. Nigerians are people who can do same and I encourage to do same if they feel it is best for them.

Your opening argument were not posted as PERSONAL OPINIONS but more as factual information which turn out to be mostly BASELESS considering there are millions more whose lives do not mirror the picture you continually post there.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by GAR3TH(m): 1:54am On Jul 23, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Chicago was that bad of a city? Are you people on drugs?  You calling a world class city BAD simply because it is not as expensive as the city you seem to have a HARD ON FOR? I tell you the home is only a couple of minutes, actually 3 miles from downtown and you ask me if it is bad? Even condos downtown ( in the highrise buildings sell for about 100K up, again, depending on what you want, and you are asking me if it is bad? Kai!!

Why would you live in a place where you know you are unable to afford? This is A MENTALITY problem and not an america problem. You do not move to Silicon Valley and then start to whine that houses there are expensive when you know it is above your means. It is COMMON SENSE!!! grin grin grin grin

There are houses in Albany NY for about $130 K if it is by force that you live in NY, but if you must live in NY, then SHUT UP and stop complaining because it makes no sense to. Living in NY city comes with the NY city price tag!! No be by force that you live with the Nigerians in NY. There are Nigerians in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Alabama, Nebraska etc.

Trying to throw America under the bus, citing some of the, for lack of a better word, MISERABLE CHOICES some people make, ain't gonna cut it. And yes, many Nigerians make these mistakes . . . living in cities they cannot afford and thinking THE MAN is the problem.

I said if chicago is that "bad", not as an insult but rather in shock that chicago doesn't have what The New York area has. Actually I and many other nigerians live in the new york metro area and we are not complaining. I was just asking why chicago's home prices are so low? Home prices in New York City metro area are High for a reason. Thats because New York metro has plenty of benefits other cities don't have.

For example the New York area offer millions of job opportunities than other parts of the country and the New York Metro also have higher paying jobs than other parts of the country. So yes New Yorkers can AFFORD the homes they live in. In addition New York is the economic heart beat of America. New York metro also has tons of Entertainment, leisure and night life for its residence, and its pretty easy to start a business and make revenue.

New York Metro also has creature comforts such as a REAL Transport network comprising of almost 200 Lines of Subway, commuter rail, city and suburban buses, Brts and 27 airports in the metro area. Metro north, New Jeresy Transit and the Long Island rail Road allows you to live up to 90 miles away from NYC and still commute to work in an 1 hour trip. Not to mention the numerous highways in the New York area.

This is just the tip of the iceburg of why home prices in new york are high. Home prices are high for a reason based on what the location and area of the homes have to offer. You can build a mansion in the middle of the desert and it will see for 50k. What job opportunities are in the area? how will they go to work? how will the entertain themselves? etc.

This is why homes in abuja are more expensive than homes in Lagos and why Homes in Lagos are more expensive than home in Enugu for example.

And BTW KOBO The average estimated value of a home in Chicago, IL was $256,240 in June 2010, up 0.00% from May 2010. LLL

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 2:01am On Jul 23, 2011
GAR3TH:

I said if chicago is that "bad", not as an insult but rather in shock that chicago doesn't have what The New York area has. Actually I and many other nigerians live in the new york metro area and we are not complaining. I was just asking why chicago's home prices are so low? Home prices in New York City metro area are High for a reason. Thats because New York metro has plenty of benefits other cities don't have.
ROFLMAO!!!! You probably landed in NY and decided it had to be NY and no other, for you to claim NY has plenty of benefits other cities dont have. I have resided in NY myself an I can tell you that there are quite a couple other cities -- lower cost of living too--- that offer just as much as NY offers you there. cheesy

GAR3TH:

For example the New York area offer millions of job opportunities than other parts of the country and the New York Metro also have higher paying jobs than other parts of the country. So yes New Yorkers can AFFORD the homes they live in. In addition New York is the economic heart beat of America. New York metro also has tons of Entertainment, leisure and night life for its residence, and its pretty easy to start a business and make revenue.

WOW !!! NY Offers millions more jobs opportunities than other parts of the country? Are you serious? May I ask what you base this claim on? WOW  . . .  shocked

About New Yorkers being able to afford the homes they live in, I suggest you go play that tune to the @OP who seems to DISAGREE with you since his complaint, which you pretended you AGREED with in the beginning, is about NY being TOO EXPENSIVE him him/her to afford. Or wait, are we to assume that everyone who complains of the high cost of living, even in NY city, is not a new yorker? grin grin grin

GAR3TH:

New York Metro also has creature comforts such as a REAL Transport network comprising of almost 200 Lines of Subway, commuter rail, city and suburban buses, Brts and 27 airports in the metro area. Metro north, New Jeresy Transit and the Long Island rail Road allows you to live up to 90 miles away from NYC and still commute to work in an 1 hour trip. Not to mention the numerous highways in the New York area.

WOW  . . . so No other city in the US comes close to giving it's population what NY gives its? WOW shocked shocked :O :O

GAR3TH:

This is just the tip of the iceburg of why home prices in new york are high. Home prices are high for a reason based on what the location and area of the homes have to offer. You can build a mansion in the middle of the desert and it will see for 50k. What job opportunities are in the area? how will they go to work? how will the entertain themselves? etc.

This is why homes in abuja are more expensive than homes in Lagos and why Homes in Lagos are more expensive than home in Enugu for example.

And BTW KOBO The average estimated value of a home in Chicago, IL was $256,240 in June 2010, up 0.00% from May 2010. LLL

WOW . . . I am shocked that you have somehow descended into turning this one into a NY vs Chicago and everywhere-else-America rumble . . . WOW . . . no, . . . I am not shocked, this is you . . . this is exactly why I run when I encounter Nigerians like you!!  grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

P.s Average does not mean you should throw away those that fall below . . . it simply provides you a number to keep in mind expect.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 2:01am On Jul 23, 2011
odumchi:

You have to hink about the long-term pros and cons.

If you go and live in America:
A. Will your kids learn their language, their culture, and their tradition? (Only about 20-30% of Nigerian children born in America can speak their ethnic language)

@Op,

Mybe you should tell Igbo parents who gave birth and raised their kids in Lagos to relocate to their villages so their children can learn the culture

We have people who were born bred and raised in Nigeria who still didnt marry Nigerians
We have ppl born and bred in Nigeria who cant speak their native Language

B. Will your debt ever be paid before you die or will it become your children's responsibility?

Did America force anyone to take debts?? If you take debts then the onus is on you to pay up simple

C. Will I forget my people back home?

Thats an individuals problem, Some travel from Orlu to Onitsha and forget home while some live in Siberia and still remember their people.

D. How long will I stay in America?

An individual decision. Some 70yrs, Some 70minutes. Wherever you are comfortable with stay there.

E. Will I decide to go home and if i do wll my children go with me?

What your children do is independent of you. Some parents worshipped Amadioha and their kids are Pastors.

Some ppl were born in Nguru Borno State and decided not to go back there.

F. Will my cultural identity survive in America?

WHatever is important to you, Your economy and insanity or culture, Tell the Tutsi man who is endangered, Maiduguri native or Darfurian about his culture ahead of his security and economy
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by bkbabe97y(m): 2:07am On Jul 23, 2011
Odumchi just clarified why I think the average Ibo man is a "Bush Man"!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by aljharem(m): 2:07am On Jul 23, 2011
^^^^^^^

dayo u have said it all
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 2:12am On Jul 23, 2011
It is good to have a laugh on friday night! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Nobody: 2:14am On Jul 23, 2011
Kobojunkie:

It is good to have a laugh on friday night! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol, So you are in Chicago? The heatwave was sick this week shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked,

You were the one I was waiting to argue with cause we've argued on this issue before lol tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 2:18am On Jul 23, 2011
^^ The heat wave was OK . . . I guess, it is summer and we have had it worse before. Didn't stop me from riding my bike and enjoying the Chicago wind though. Who knows what city I will be in next. Gotta love the life!

As for this issue, I love the way this topics continues to reveal how so in sync the thought process of some of those on here is with their lives. I am not in your league when it comes to this. I actually have a great life in America -- I don't have to swindle anyone, compromise my values, or go against my convictions to have a good life here,  and if you know me, I have no complaints.  grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by bkbabe97y(m): 2:24am On Jul 23, 2011
Nigeria doesnt sound like much fun.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 2:38am On Jul 23, 2011
^^^ I said NOT A SINGLE word of MONEY !!! But I see that in your view, a good/great life implies more MONEY and probably MORE STUFF. I can tell you that you do not need all that to live the great life.

I live among some of the coolest people on the planet, I know. they do not have mercedes benz packed in the drive way . . . matter of fact, most of them don't even have cars(they choose on the most part not to have one). Majority get by by riding public transport to and fro their destination while others ride their bikes to wherever it is they need to go. They could sit and have intelligent conversations with you all night and not mention money as an issue for even one second.

Believe you me when I tell you that and I are not in the same league! :d

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by GAR3TH(m): 2:41am On Jul 23, 2011
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO!!!! You probably landed in NY and decided it had to be NY and no other, for you to claim NY has plenty of benefits other cities dont have. I have resided in NY myself an I can tell you that there are quite a couple other cities -- lower cost of living too--- that offer just as much as NY offers you there. cheesy

Just so You know I've lived [keyword LIVE] in numerous cities such as Lagos, Port Harcourt, London, New york, Baltimore, DC, Dallas and Orlando.

I've visited numerous cities in those regions in which I lived in, so I didn't just land in new york and decided it had to be.

WOW !!! NY Offers millions more jobs opportunities than other parts of the country? Are you serious? May I ask what you base this claim on? WOW  . . .  shocked

New York is the headquarters for most of America's top businesses. Its America's economic heart, The same way their are more job opportunities in Lagos than in port harcourt.

About New Yorkers being able to afford the homes they live in, I suggest you go play that tune to the @OP who seems to DISAGREE with you since his complaint, which you pretended you AGREED with in the beginning, is about NY being TOO EXPENSIVE him him/her to afford. Or wait, are we to assume that everyone who complains of the high cost of living, even in NY city, is not a new yorker? grin grin grin

I never agreed with the OP, go back if you forgot. I was correcting you on an error you made.

WOW  . . . so No other city in the US comes close to giving it's population what NY gives its? WOW shocked shocked :O :O

Are you seriously going to compare New york's infrastructure to other American cities? No other city in America comes close.

WOW . . . I am shocked that you have somehow descended into turning this one into a NY vs Chicago and everywhere-else-America rumble . . . WOW . . . no, . . . I am not shocked, this is you . . . this is exactly why I run when I encounter Nigerians like you!!  grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Correct me if I was wrong but It was you who said homes in chicago was 130k or something in which I responded by giving a New York example and so one.

No one started anything, You gave out false info in which I corrected simple. It didn't have to result in an argument.

This is why I run away when I encounter Nigerians like Kobo

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Nobody: 2:42am On Jul 23, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ I said NOT A SINGLE word of MONEY !!! But giving your mindset, you immediately concluded that that a good life is MONEY and SELFISHNESS? ROFLMAO!!  grin grin grin grin

It is to you!!! Not to me, I don't have a problem staying here till death but I have a problem not having a purpose in life that will positively change my motherland!

It seem to me your purpose is to ride bicycle in southside chicago tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue hahhahah joking!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Nobody: 2:45am On Jul 23, 2011
GAR3TH:

Just so You know I've lived [keyword LIVE] in numerous cities such as Lagos, Port Harcourt, London, New york, Baltimore, DC, Dallas and Orlando.

I've visited numerous cities in those regions in which I lived in, so I didn't just land in new york and decided it had to be.

New York is the headquarters for most of America's top businesses. Its America's economic heart, The same way their are more job opportunities in Lagos than in port harcourt.

I never agreed with the OP, go back if you forgot. I was correcting you on an error you made.

Are you seriously going to compare New york's infrastructure to other American cities? No other city in America comes close.

Correct me if I was wrong but It was you who said homes in chicago was 130k or something in which I responded by giving a New York example and so one.

No one started anything, You gave out false info in which I corrected simple. It didn't have to result in an argument.

This is why I run away when I encounter Nigerians like Kobo

Seriously New Yorkers take vacation in other cities lol! hahahahhahah, If you want peace of mind though, NYC ain't the place lol!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 2:52am On Jul 23, 2011
GAR3TH:

Yeah, but your words seem to betray most of that!

GAR3TH:
Headquarters of most of America's cooperations happen to be Delaware and probably Nevada. That many businesses have offices in NY does not make NY any different from say their office in Chicago or out in California. cheesy

Plus, I really want to get what your claim that NY offers more jobs comes from. I did a search and I didn't find any such. NY is not even in th top 10 of towns/cities with lowest unemployment rate.

GAR3TH:
And I corrected you by stating that what you term an error is NOT an error considering a simply google search would reveal what I posted as fact.

GAR3TH:

Considering I have lived in numerous cities, I can definitely do that. I even have a friend who would tell you that you are "talking rubbish" if she ever read your statements on how NY has more jobs, better this and that to offere compared to the rest of America.

GAR3TH:

Yes, there are houses in Chicago going for 130K. I am not sure how that is a CHALLENGE to NY considering the poster did not ask for a comparison of American cities. So what if there are houses for sale in Chicago for about that amount. What has that to do with NY? You would have to fill me in on that.

GAR3TH:

This is why I run away when I encounter Nigerians like Kobo[/color]

Ofcourse, because people like me readily call you out on your BULL!!!! I mean come on . . . I state that there are cheaper cities and Chicago is one and you IMMEDIATELY rush into NY vs CHICAGO argument . . for pete's sake, I ask again, what the frell for?? ROFL
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 2:53am On Jul 23, 2011
9jaganja:

It is to you!!! Not to me,  I don't have a problem staying here till death but I have a problem not having a purpose in life that will positively change my motherland!

It seem to me your purpose is to ride bicycle in southside chicago tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue hahhahah joking!!!

Sooooooo . . . . . My life does not have a purpose because I can ride my bike and ENJOY even that? My life does not have a purpose because I live in America and have no complaints? You need to learn to stop thinking we all share the same mind issues/delusions you do . . .  WOW  . . . undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by obowunmi(m): 2:54am On Jul 23, 2011
It all boils down to choice and what your life goals and purposes are>
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by GAR3TH(m): 3:08am On Jul 23, 2011
Ofcourse, because people like me readily call you out on your BULL!!!! I mean come on . . . I state that there are cheaper cities and Chicago is one and you IMMEDIATELY rush into NY vs CHICAGO argument . . for pete's sake, I ask again, what the frell for?? ROFL

PLEASE, What bull, You were the one who made me start talking about New York when you replied to my comment and now your blaming me? You seriously have a problem, And that problem is that you like arguing.

[b]The original argument was that homes in chicago cost 130k [/b]and I responded to you with a link so you can search the prices of chicago homes, and I also gave you the link that showed that the average home price in chicago was around 250K. Conversation over. But you were the one who was questioning New York in which I had to reply and your blaming me? You lost the argument Plain and simple, Then you started to side track and Reply to my post about New York.

Seriously.

Here is it again.

Search for home prices in Chicago

http://www.homes.com/For-Sale/NY/ISLIP/maxprice=500000&listing_type=RESALE_FORECLOSURE

Average price of homes in chicago [250k]

http://realestate.aol.com/Chicago-IL-real-estate
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:13am On Jul 23, 2011
GAR3TH:

[b]The original argument was that homes in chicago cost 130k [/b]and I responded to you with a link so you can search the prices of chicago homes, and I also gave you the link that showed that the average home price in chicago was around 250K. Conversation over. But you were the one who was questioning New York in which I had to reply and your blaming me? You lost the argument Plain and simple, Then you started to side track and Reply to my post about New York.

Correction: there was never an argument. That the AVERAGE quoted on that site is at 250k DOES NOT remove from the fact that you can get a good house in Chicago for about 130K. A good condo in downtown chicago is available for 130K and above, even till today. If you doubt it, all you need do is a simple good search. Heck, TRULIA.com is a good place to start. Simple!

My Replies to your post on NY was as a result of you trying to PRETEND it is a SUDDENLY a COMPETITION between NY and Chicago-and-the-rest-of-America simply because I made to tell the @OP that it is NOT BY FORCE TO LIVE IN NY if he/she cannot afford it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

APC House Of Reps-elect, Butalawa Is Dead / Pictures And Videos Of Peter Obi Presidential Rally In Gombe State / Buhari's EFCC Nominees: Senate In Rowdy Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.