Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,708 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) (46314 Views)

₦96 Billion Naira Fraud: Group Cautions Wike Against Judicial Rascality / ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi / Ebonyi, Three Others Get ₦24 Billion For Ranching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by haffaze777(m): 10:58am On Jun 22, 2022
Afamed:

Share and keep the video for future use.

We will surely bury the Pandora thief before 2023 election

The view has been stored sir,we say no to Pandora criminal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by tamdun: 10:58am On Jun 22, 2022
ogatboy:

First he did not make the claim that $20 million was now $100 million, the statement was attributed to Soludo which he debunked. It could have been one of his supporters or even an opposition. When campaign starts, we will scrutinize everyone. I hope Atiku and Tinubu would be able to defend their wealth and time in government.
Watch the video and stop disgracing yourself
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Ikem11(m): 10:58am On Jun 22, 2022
Itsrm:

Even if we discount it at the rate of inflation in the US over that period of time, he still lost money. What exactly are you arguing about?

Please point to me how exactly he lost money at the rate of investment?

How funny
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by iphiy(m): 10:58am On Jun 22, 2022
Seun:
Peter Obi's supporters had claimed that his investment grew in dollar value, so that justifies debunking the claim based on the dollar value. However, there is value in continuing the debate so there's no reason why we shouldn't feature this thread also. It still doesn't look like a great investment to me though.

Baba na man you be, so obedient. Keep standing on the rock sir.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Uniportadmision: 11:00am On Jun 22, 2022
Ikem11:

Well I guess that's how to play their politics...spam the media to confused the minds of uneducated which rate is above the educated ones

I first saw that tweet from one Reuben Abbati, he quoted an old news/interview, the manipulators took it, pushed the narrative to unsuspecting PO campaigners and after it was adopted, boom! Their trick worked! Then they released their media houses to attack. I was waiting for this. They are really pushing dirty.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by PS712: 11:00am On Jun 22, 2022
agabaI23:
Peter Obi Invested N1.96 billion and the value now is N2.24 billion (Picture)

Response to “Peter Obi's $12.24 m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38 m
https://www.nairaland.com/7189779/peter-obis-12.24m-investment-breweries#114025775

I read through the article titled “Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m” and I saw a desperate attempt to find something negative on Peter Obi’s past. The writer obviously did not think through the implication of his deceptive title. Because there is no tangible thing to use again Peter, he had to exploit the outcome of fiscal policy and economic failure of Buhari’s administration to craft a title that the BMC crew will feast on. Obviously the BMC crew do not have the mind of their own and cannot think for themselves. Otherwise they would have understood the implication of the intellectual yahoo-yahoo displayed by the author of that article.

To put the record straight, N1.96 billion was invested and N2.24B (CBN) or (N3.28B) black market is the value today. There was no loss whichever way you want to look at it. it is disingenuous to report the values in dollars while you talk about Tinubu’s forced investment in Naira. ( https://technext.ng/2022/06/02/did-bola-tinubu-bring-econet-nigeria-2001/)
In fact, you have to praise Peter for investing a company that did not go bankrupt under Buhari’s administration.

Dangote, the richest man in Africa had a net worth of $7bn as at April, 2016 as against $25bn he was worth in 2014. (https://nairametrics.com/2020/04/16/aliko-dangote-and-his-slide-from-25-billion-to-7-billion/). That was an $18bn or 72% loss incurred under Buhari’s body language induced recession. Tinubu told us he single-handedly made Buhari Nigeria’s president. Even now, with Federal governments push such as selective opening of the land bother to allow him export his products, Dangote is yet recover. His current Net is still $14.2 billion.

Going by Dangote’s experience, we now know that the company lost at least 72% of its equity value. Because we do not know the profit made as at 2014, we shall work with the investment capital which was $12.24 million. Assuming there was no growth, losing 72% means $8.81 million was lost. So as at April, 2016, the value of the investment was $3.43 million. This company has without any government’s incentive grown the $3.43 million by $1.95 million to get $5.38 million. That is 36% growth in 6 years under Buhari’s hash economy. That tells you that Peter is an investor and wealth creator.

The writer of the article actually shot Buhari and Tinubu(Buhari’s Godfather) on the back because he just highlighted the damage Buhari has done to our economy.

Thank you for putting the records straight. I had to quote someone on front page of the other thread to highlight these things you mentioned in order to debunk the lies and unmask the mischief and you have just done that. There's need to even include jobs created along the value chain of the investment because a lot of jobs have been created.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by aktolly54(m): 11:00am On Jun 22, 2022
Advocate500:
There is nothing to pinned the man with, so they won't mind blaming the failure of others on him,that is nigeria, no one thinks for himself, my problem is with soludo who is trying to shy away from been hold accountable thereby trying to lie from what is obvious.
can't suspend unnecessary allocation and infrastructure for a year then we use the money build our own refinery? Just tired for this country
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by ogatboy(m): 11:02am On Jun 22, 2022
casualobserver:

He seems to be in a habit of getting his facts wrong. While you are verifying please also verify that

1. Anambra state government wa a the largest shareholder in the company as you heard him say….a lie

2. Contrary to the position being touted that he left 75b when he left Anambra, the real state of affairs was that he left a net liability of 105B. As he does by always being economical with the truth, he conveniently failed to mention that the state govt had contingent liabilities of 185B.

A man of Peter Obi’s stature and business experience knows how to prepare accounts. I refuse to believe he was incompetent or inept. This was either deliberate attempt at being fraudulent or he is incompetent. But no accountant will give you a balance sheet and not state liabilities because they are not due today. The man is very clever with his choice of words. You have to decipher and investigate when Obi talks about his affairs. Because they are mostly lies and half truths.

If he is fradulent, how come he was never invited by EFCC or never had any corruption charges compared to other candidates running. Truth is that he is not a saint but he is miles above those competing against him (most of who cannot go freely to the USA). He is a politician and a politician will always be that.

If he place his did side by side with Atiku or Tinubu, I am sure you know what the result will be. I do not think anyone thinks Obi is a saint but given the current realities, he is the best of all that is out there.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Ikem11(m): 11:02am On Jun 22, 2022
Uniportadmision:

I first saw that tweet from one Reuben Abbati, he quoted an old news/interview, the manipulators took it, pushed the narrative to unsuspecting PO campaigners and after it was adopted, boom! Their trick worked! Then they released their media houses to attack. I was waiting for this. They are really pushing dirty.

They can only influence the gullible minds (agboros)

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Itsrm(m): 11:04am On Jun 22, 2022
Ikem11:

Please point to me how exactly he lost money at the rate of investment?

How funny

The US has had a combined inflation rate of 27.1% from 2012 till date. Discount it fron the money he invested and tell us how much he has lost.

Note, the ideal thing is to discount by the rate of inflation in Nigeria but since you have blamed that on APC, let's use a relatively stable economy to do it.

What that will show you is that even if our inflation had stayed at a decent rate like that of the US, he still lost a lot of money.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by tamdun: 11:04am On Jun 22, 2022
Seun:
Peter Obi's supporters had claimed that his investment grew in dollar value, so that justifies debunking the claim based on the dollar value. However, there is value in continuing the debate so there's no reason why we shouldn't feature this thread also. It still doesn't look like a great investment to me though.
Common man, stop trying to pls every nincompoop, obi claimed he invested 20m dollars(the true figure is 12m)which is obviously a lie and he also said the share now worth almost 100m dollars (actual figure 5m)which is also a lie, tell me how did they debunked the lie he told? Here is a video of abi claiming those figures

https://m.facebook.com/100012374645375/posts/pfbid0hZ2Re9MAn2fJLBY2WWREqVqwDcXYfrvqtj58n4vPSmha36gP1im3tZ2irb5QBnT2l/?sfnsn=scwspwa
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by ogatboy(m): 11:08am On Jun 22, 2022
Okay to those saying Peter Obi lied, the claims were all made in 2018 and yes, it was $100 million at the time, thanks to Buhari that has now killed Nigeria economy. Yes, Anambra state was the largest shareholder then as well. Don't be mischevious people, the guy is not a saint but you guys can not still dig dirt on him. He must be the cleanest Nigerian politician, no wonder he is so confident.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by PHIPEX(m): 11:09am On Jun 22, 2022
omohayek:

I think you've actually bent too far backwards here in your attempt to be "fair" to the Obi worshippers, by letting this empty shell of a "debunking" reach the first page. The OP's write-up in no way "debunks" the original claim by Obi, which is that a USD $5 million investment of public money he made was now worth USD $100 million - a claim in which the exchange value of the Naira plays absolutely no role whatsoever.

It would be one thing if Obi hadn't said anything in the first place, and people just started attacking him out of the blue, but that isn't what happened: he chose to make the claim about turning USD $5 million into USD $100 million, a claim he must have known to be a lie. Obi made the claim anyway, safe in the knowledge that his uncritical followers would magnify it ad nauseum on social media, without once stopping to ask themselves what the evidence behind it was. Peter Obi is a liar and (at best) a tax-dodging law-breaker who was exposed by the Pandora Papers investigation, and no amount of noise-making or threats by those pushing lies on his behalf online will succeed in repacking this politician without core principles or even a policy platform close to smelling Aso Rock.
You think you are smart but empty. The interview was over 3 years ago when the company share price was around #40 per share. Your god Buhari supported by Tinubu killed Nigeria economy crashing share prices and naira value to what it is today, the share price is now down at #5. Calculate the value using the share price and dollar price when the interview was made in 2018 then return here with an apology

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by casualobserver: 11:10am On Jun 22, 2022
ogatboy:

If he is fradulent, how come he was never invited by EFCC or never had any corruption charges compared to other candidates running. Truth is that he is not a saint but he is miles above those competing against him (most of who cannot go freely to the USA). He is a politician and a politician will always be that.

If he place his did side by side with Atiku or Tinubu, I am sure you know what the result will be. I do not think anyone thinks Obi is a saint but given the current realities, he is the best of all that is out there.

Nobody said he stole. I will argue against anyone who says Obi is a thief. The problem with Obi is that he lies effortlessly. EFCc is not going to investigate anyone for dubious handover notes.

Atiku and Tinubu are shifty we know this. The problem is Peter Obi and his supporters are touting him as a man who is clean when in fact the whole Peter Obi phenomenon is based on lies, half truth and the manipulation of gullible desperate supporters clinging for anyone who is different but not discerning enough to navigate the BS. I was a Peter OBi disciple myself when he came to prominence on the platform, then I started to examine him closely he started to unravel. His biggest problem is he enjoys the limelight and he talks too much. So the more he talks the more he unravels because there is nothing underneath the rhetoric. The more he talks the more he lies for no reason because he has no track record to back the persona and hype he has created for himself.

Atiku and Tinubu are crooks true. but they will accomplish more than Peter Obi. Peter Obi has no meaningful record in government. Again it is because he has nothing to show for his time in office that he resorts to lies.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Everlastingson: 11:10am On Jun 22, 2022
Bacteriologist:
Hahaha isn't ot even funny that were talking about a Nigerian governor making investments and the value of the investments?

99% of apc and PDP governors have bribery, corruption, and embezzlement charges filed against them. But the worst tinubu and Atiku supporters could do is to bring up an underperfroming investment from Obi.

The bar is so high lmao.

Tinubu urchins hide your empty heads in shame. Obi is coming!!

And we know that if the investment is underperforming it's caused by APC' s legendary ineptitude, unprecedented corruption indices, and weird Buharinomics. To those who are talking this trash how much was Dangote worth before Buhari? And how much is he worth now?. B4 una say Obi invested the money in his family business, now una change language begin say the investment lose money. Which Nigerian wey never lose money since Buhari came in? OBIdient is the key.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Ikem11(m): 11:11am On Jun 22, 2022
Itsrm:

The US has had a combined inflation rate of 27.1% from 2012 till date. Discount it fron the money he invested and tell us how much he has lost.

Note, the ideal thing is to discount by the rate of inflation in Nigeria but since you have blamed that on APC, let's use a relatively stable economy to do it.

What that will show you is that even if our inflation had stayed at a decent rate like that of the US, he still lost a lot of money.

Oga start from 2014 when the investment was made ....don't try to be funny. At what rate was the Nigerian currency going from 2014 to 2022 compare to us dollar . It's a simple thing and you calculating USA inflation rate from "2012" to 2022. Why not start from 2014. ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by tamdun: 11:11am On Jun 22, 2022
Uniportadmision:

You are bitter, even when the claims about the investment was flying around no body said anything about $5m to $100m, it was claimed to be $20m to $100m. Go and do your research when he made that interview. That was 2018. You can borrow this explanation I gave to Seun....

That was from a quote in an interview by Peter Obi in 2018. The market price was around 20 - 30 naira per share I think, dollar rate was low too then. The claim was actually correct as at that moment. Some people are just trying to be clever and manipulative with this by trending an old quote, then debunk the claims and make his campaign look stupid.
Someone invested 12 million and claimed 20, isn't that a lie?
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Leo588(m): 11:12am On Jun 22, 2022
RichDad1:
Investor Waya Waya cheesy cheesy cheesy
Low budget, Made in China warren buffet

Bring facts from your thiefnibu
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by PHIPEX(m): 11:12am On Jun 22, 2022
casualobserver:

Nobody said he stole. I will argue against anyone who says Obi is a thief. The problem with Obi is that he lies effortlessly. EFCc is not going to investigate anyone for dubious handover notes.

Atiku and Tinubu are shifty we know this. The problem is Peter Obi and his supporters are touting him as a man who is clean when in fact the whole Peter Obi phenomenon is based on lies, half truth and the manipulation of gullible desperate supporters clinging for anyone who is different but not discerning enough to navigate the BS. I was a Peter OBi disciple myself when he came to prominence on the platform, then I started to examine him closely he started to unravel. His biggest problem is he enjoys the limelight and he talks too much. So the more he talks the more he unravels because there is nothing underneath the rhetoric. The more he talks the more he lies for no reason because he has no track record to back the persona and hype he has created for himself.
There was no lie in what he said when the interview was made over 3 years ago. The calculations were accurate using the share price and dollar value 3 years ago. Your Buhari killed investments in Nigeria
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by rajiedreez: 11:14am On Jun 22, 2022
But he said it's now worth ×5 of the initial investment. Why u dey lie on PO na
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Itsrm(m): 11:14am On Jun 22, 2022
Ikem11:

Oga start from 2014 when the investment was made ....don't try to be funny. At what rate was the Nigerian currency going from 2014 to 2022 compare to us dollar . It's a simple thing and you calculating USA inflation rate from "2012" to 2022. Why not start from 2014. ...

Keep grasping at straws when it's obvious you've lost the argument.

The rate from 2014 to 2022 is 23.47. Discount it from 2.24 billion and tell us the result. I'm sure you can do basic maths
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Blake755: 11:14am On Jun 22, 2022
michlins:
you are not a business owner if not you should have known how important it is to have an investment. Until we have an administrator who understands the need to make money for the government without depending on crude oil and taxes,we will keep searching for revenue source.

Let me tell you something about that brewery,no matter how bad Nigeria becomes, that investment will keep spinning money because we don't stop drinking alcohol. Just imagine if any state government was able to invest in MTN when they were new in this country.

Even this present government bought 20% stake in Dangote refinery even though it is yet to be completed and we don't have our own refinary as a country. So what are you talking about?
Boss you are a good analyst
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Itsrm(m): 11:17am On Jun 22, 2022
Blake755:

Boss you are a good analyst

He's a terrible analyst. The brewery has been making consistent losses year in year out
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by CapitalBank: 11:17am On Jun 22, 2022
cheesy cheesy
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 11:18am On Jun 22, 2022
Seun:
Seun it is a great investment unless you did not read my analysis. Even Dangote was hit. would you say that Dangote's did not make great investment?

The only issue is that he invested in Nigeria for the growth of Nigeria. Dangote has decided to move his investment abroad
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-09/africa-s-richest-man-plans-u-s-office-to-help-diversify-wealth

Aliko Dangote, Africa’s richest man, plans to take office space in New York to help diversify his investments and avoid the risk of currency fluctuations on his home continent.....Bloomberg

So it is his fault or the fault of APC government.
He should be applauded

BTW Seun, you guys never accepted that he invested anything? We are making progress at least it is about whether the investment was good or not.

Don't compare Peter who had the initiative to invest with someone who was forced to invest and ended up using the proceed for his gains
https://technext.ng/2022/06/02/did-bola-tinubu-bring-econet-nigeria-2001/
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by BlackBaron: 11:19am On Jun 22, 2022
Thought as much the article disregarded exchange rate.

However the sum now shown isn't still a windfall in naira terms. Obi himself mentioned returns equivalent to 4 times (apparently $20 million to $100 million) what he put in. The current figure shown is nowhere close to that figure even in naira terms. Makes him a LIAR!

Unfortunately, all the people up for elections this year are liars, thieves and same old crop of politicians.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 11:19am On Jun 22, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Why una dey give una sef headache grin grin grin

I love the way you guys are seriously campaigning for Peter Obi on Social Media.

It will make Tinubu's presidency easier.

You guys should just ensure you don't allow PDP have too many votes in SS and SE. Help Tinubu and APC ruin PDPs chance in 2 zones that should ordinarily be PDPs stronghold.

Tinubu knows how to deliver Southwest

Northern APC Governors know how to pull the numbers needed in the North for Tinubu.

And the Election is over!

God bless me and You.

God bless Asiwaju the next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria.
Why are you bothered about Peter Obi? Why do you even care when he is not in contention? Continue to support Tinubu who you are sure will win
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Ikem11(m): 11:20am On Jun 22, 2022
Itsrm:

Keep grasping at straws when it's obvious you've lost the argument.

The rate from 2014 to 2022 is 23.47. Discount it from 2.24 billion and tell us the result. I'm sure you can do basic maths

Well that's how daft you are . So the current price of drink from 2014 to 2022 is same price? Investors didn't make any gain?
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Blake755: 11:21am On Jun 22, 2022
Itsrm:

He's a terrible analyst. The brewery has been making consistent losses year in year out
In business you lose or gain
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by NaughtyBrainiac: 11:23am On Jun 22, 2022
agabaI23:
Why are you bothered about Peter Obi? Why do you even care when he is not in contention? Continue to support Tinubu who you are sure will win
I care because he will ruin Atiku's chances.

Don't you know anything about politics!
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by omohayek: 11:23am On Jun 22, 2022
PHIPEX:
You think you are smart but empty. The interview was over 3 years ago when the company share price was around #40 per share. Your god Buhari supported by Tinubu killed Nigeria economy crashing share prices and naira value to what it is today, the share price is now down at #5. Calculate the value using the share price and dollar price when the interview was made in 2018 then return here with an apology
Snooze ... If anyone owes anyone else an apology, it's you and your kind, attempting to use 2018 stats to bamboozle the unsuspecting in 2022. Would it kill you to feel a little shame, and show contrition by refraining from the endless propaganda and the invented quotes you put in the mouths of others to make your candidate out as something more than the empty tribal vessel he is?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 11:24am On Jun 22, 2022
RichDad1:
Investor Waya Waya cheesy cheesy cheesy
Low budget, Made in China warren buffet
You have nothing to contribute. Respond to my post or you are just being mischievous?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Meets With IPOB Members Arrested By Police At Isigate Umuahia(vid) / Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said / Osinbajo And President Macron Of France At G7 Summit (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.