Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) (46525 Views)

₦96 Billion Naira Fraud: Group Cautions Wike Against Judicial Rascality / ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi / Ebonyi, Three Others Get ₦24 Billion For Ranching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Evaloyal2J(f): 1:00pm On Jun 22, 2022
Seun:
It still doesn't look like a great investment to me though.
From Mr. seun's biased mind
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by casualobserver: 1:04pm On Jun 22, 2022
ogatboy:

Sorry professional, there are conditions for every contract to receive payment. The fact you sign a contract does not guarantee you are paid for it except you fufil the conditions. As at the time the guy left office, all concluded contracts was paid for. YOu have find fault tire, you no see. Let the contractor sue him first. All of una when me nairaland professionals.

Abeg please stop quoting me. I am not interested in debating someone who does not understand the legal and accounting implications of a contract or someone who doesnt understand the basics of accounting and how many fundamental accounting principles are breached in that handover note.

including

Accrual principle, Conservatism principle, Consistency principle, Full disclosure principle, Reliability principle, Revenue recognition principle
Time period principle but i am certain you have no idea what any of these mean or else you will not be spewing out the crap you are typing.

There are a few level headed reasonable Obi supporters, i encountered one earlier in this thread but they are few and far between and you are clearly not one of them. I refuse to engage imbec1les who will continue to argue the world is flat because their leader says it is flat. I dont have time for idiots and the brain dead!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by plaindealer: 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2022
Freethinker87:

UBER has never made a profit, oh they did last year, yet their stock value keeps going up
Twitter never made a profit until they sold to Elon, but it doesn't stop them from taking home $44 billion.
WeWork is a complete basket case but check where their stock is at.
Amazon, as big as they are has never made a profit yet Jeff Bezos's shares made him the 2nd richest man in the world.

I could go on and on. There is no correlation between ARR loss and the value of a company's stock.

I'm not even interested in your Amazon and Twitter comparison, investments are made to generate ROI, show us the yearly increase in ROI for Anambra State.

This company is so dead that it's not even giving dividends to shareholders.

Meaning Anambra is not making money off this investment.

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Funkyswagzz(m): 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2022
plaindealer:

That amount no even fit cover the rail cars and trains.

I don't know why some of you lie or no dey apply common sense..

Bro do ur research too.. lagos had two projects to carry out which red line and blue line that blue line was worth 182million dollars as seen in CRCC’s report in 2010
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by plaindealer: 1:10pm On Jun 22, 2022
Funkyswagzz:

Bro do ur research too.. lagos had two projects to carry out which red line and blue line that blue line was worth 182million dollars as seen in CRCC’s report in 2010

Why don't you show us your proof since you are so sure and have done your own research.

Don't say what you can not prove with facts.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 1:18pm On Jun 22, 2022
tycoolest:
bro, all of this should be put into consideration when investing, Nigeria economy as always been poor, was there a time we had good economy? the economy has been backward before buhari became president,you need to be very careful in what you invest in, consider the economic effect on the investment in the nearest future which obi did not do, he should hv known nigeria economy is not good and take it into consideration before investing.
There is what you call NPV and IRR you look at when investing. Those are more predictive. And like I said, the investment has not done badly. If that company wasn't string, Buhari would have swallowed it like he swallowed many. Do you know how many foreign companies that closed shop or left the country under Buhari? The same happened in 1984.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 1:20pm On Jun 22, 2022
tamdun:

Oh boy, I just watched the video, obi can lie for Africa
He did not lie
Freethinker87:

No, it's true. That interview was from 2018 and INTBREW shares were trading at N58.69 per share, 11X what it is worth today and Anambra's stake was valued at over $98M at N300/$ exchange rate.

It's not Obi's fault that Buharinomics destroyed the economy.

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 1:22pm On Jun 22, 2022
27Pushing30:

You obviously are not that literate and those 'praising this post sha are prime examples of why this country is not moving forward... people focus on irrelevant things.

The post i read earlier countered a purported story that Peter Obi stated during an interview on Arise TV in 2018 that a $20m investment in the referenced brewery is now worth $100m.

Even I was wondering how an investment could have such meteoritical rise in value over 4 years considering the economic climate during the period. If indeed that story that PO stated this is true then he needs to provide further clarity doesn't he?

And other state governments routinely invest in projects and strategic businesses. Government's also provide counterpart funding in projects - even this government- so nothing special about what Mr. Obi is saying.

What was special was the thought of an investment return of $80m - but alas true to the saying... if it sounds too good to be true ...it usually is.

Anyway good luck to you lots focusing on the past and not the present and future.
I know! That is why I am still learning.

Now can you consider this?
Freethinker87:

No, it's true. That interview was from 2018 and INTBREW shares were trading at N58.69 per share, 11X what it is worth today and Anambra's stake was valued at over $98M at N300/$ exchange rate.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2022
Ikem11:

Check dollar to naira rate from 2008 to 2014 then Check the rate which the dollar gained from 2014 to 2022 you will start having sense ...

Check the rate of obi's investment gain from 2014 to 2022 . The investment is doing so well but local currency keep inflating at a high rate .

So because of that dangote should close his investments and stop building refinery? Think about that for a moment
I have attached a spreadsheet from CBN website for him

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:26pm On Jun 22, 2022
plaindealer:

I'm not even interested in your Amazon and Twitter comparison, investments are made to generate ROI, show us the yearly increase in ROI for Anambra State.

This company is so dead that it's not even giving dividends to shareholders.

Meaning Anambra is not making money off this investment.
Oga how many companies paid dividends in 2020 the year of COVID lockdowns
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by shigishege: 1:26pm On Jun 22, 2022
Funkyswagzz:

All your explanation centered on tinubu but u forot that lagos long existed before tinubu became the governor also u for got about the Portuguese and the British who came through that channel and later developed lagos. Most of the structures built far back was done by the colonial masters. Take for instance eko atlantic and the rest of them. Lagos grow fast cos its been the economic hub for nigeria as a whole.

Also murtala mohammed made lagos federal capital territory before sani abacha transferred it to abuja. So lagos was already doing well before tinubu came in. As of today even if lagos receives no allocation they will still do well.

Do you know the amount money for blue line project?.. about 1.5billion dollars but did you know the contract the chinese company had with lagos state was 286million dollars. So where's the remaining 1.2billion. the rail line cant even carry heavy load and the sad part is nobody is talking about it.
oga carry your wailing go one side. All these your gibberish I don't think is worthy of responding to.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 1:26pm On Jun 22, 2022
philipobiz:

Omo! See super analysis. Weldone bro
Tankio
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by shigishege: 1:27pm On Jun 22, 2022
obyrich:
This is why Nigeria is neck deep in debt today. Same people that were clamoring for Ngozi Okonjo Iweala to share Excess crude funds have all ran to APC to criticise the wasteful years of PDP. Same people will jump to the next ruling party to continue the loot and blame APC for borrowing away our future.

Dem dey borrow to pay salary now. Tomorrow nobody will give us loan, then e go clear everybody for eye.
so you guys have forgotten kanu. How time flies
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2022
OderaOdesigo:

A lot of these people from Peter Obi’s camp actually do him more harm than good and they also exhibit a lot of low IQ.

Even if what the previous writer put forward about Peter Obi was false, this so-called defence does him more harm than good.

If someone invested that huge amount around 10 years ago and it has only appreciated in value by #240m then it is shameful. It is very terrible business.

Consideration inflationary trends, what N20m could buy 10 years ago cannot be afforded by #240m today.

For a state that was behind in basic amenities, what that #1.96bn could afford in 2012, #5bn cannot buy it today.

This is such simple economics but those who are blinded by cheap talk can’t see the light.
Did you actually read the article or you commented on the title?
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2022
Emnyte:
where is barcanista sef
He was a political Jobber
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by plaindealer: 1:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Oga how many companies paid dividends in 2020 the year of COVID lockdowns

In 2018 before Covid nko? How much did Anambra made off that investment?

Do you not have chart for that?

That really was a laughable excuse.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by plaindealer: 1:34pm On Jun 22, 2022
In 2017 before covid...

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Funkyswagzz(m): 1:42pm On Jun 22, 2022
shigishege:
oga carry your wailing go one side. All these your gibberish I don't think is worthy of responding to.

You dont have brains that is y its not worth anything to you. Alll these politicians are busy milking the economy dry and as lazy as you are of which they know... You can never do any research
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2022
Uniportadmision:

I first saw that tweet from one Reuben Abbati, he quoted an old news/interview, the manipulators took it, pushed the narrative to unsuspecting PO campaigners and after it was adopted, boom! Their trick worked! Then they released their media houses to attack. I was waiting for this. They are really pushing dirty.
I saw that too from Abati on Facebook
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Funkyswagzz(m): 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2022
plaindealer:

Why don't you show us your proof since you are so sure and have done your own research.

Don't say what you can not prove with facts.

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 1:45pm On Jun 22, 2022
casualobserver:

He seems to be in a habit of getting his facts wrong. While you are verifying please also verify that

1. Anambra state government wa a the largest shareholder in the company as you heard him say….a lie

2. Contrary to the position being touted that he left 75b when he left Anambra, the real state of affairs was that he left a net liability of 105B. As he does by always being economical with the truth, he conveniently failed to mention that the state govt had contingent liabilities of 185B.

A man of Peter Obi’s stature and business experience knows how to prepare accounts. I refuse to believe he was incompetent or inept. This was either deliberate attempt at being fraudulent or he is incompetent. But no accountant will give you a balance sheet and not state liabilities because they are not due today. The man is very clever with his choice of words. You have to decipher and investigate when Obi talks about his affairs. Because they are mostly lies and half truths.
Like the attached

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by plaindealer: 1:56pm On Jun 22, 2022
Funkyswagzz:

I asked you for facts, but you end up producing a caption that actually countered and trashed your own claims and false narratives.

The state awarded the $182 million contract for preliminary work as explained in the caption you posted with your own hand.

You scored your own goal.

In fact, what do you think the cost of the rail bridge over the Lagos Lagoon into the marina alone cost?

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 1:56pm On Jun 22, 2022
Itsrm:

The US has had a combined inflation rate of 27.1% from 2012 till date. Discount it fron the money he invested and tell us how much he has lost.

Note, the ideal thing is to discount by the rate of inflation in Nigeria but since you have blamed that on APC, let's use a relatively stable economy to do it.

What that will show you is that even if our inflation had stayed at a decent rate like that of the US, he still lost a lot of money.

Bruh, you know what dealt with investment is the same thing that removed $18Bn from Dangote's net worth. That is Buhari's body language induced recession. So the company he invested in have good fundamentals and debt. That is why they are able to resurrect from an Armageddon that consumed many companies. Do you live in Nigeria? Do you know how many companies that either collapsed or left Nigeria because of Buhari's utterances that made investors withdraw their funds in droves? A richest man in Africa lost 72% of net worth because of it even with government backing. Who is arguing that there no loss?

What we are saying is
1. He did well by investing. You did agree before
2. He did his due diligence and he is not new to investing. The NPV and IRR of the company was great for him to have invested
3. The company is strong otherwise it would not have survived Buhari
4. We know where the money is. For some state money was invested and the liquidated into unknown accounts do not belong to state using unknown brokers and those campaigning for such people are not even bothered.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by OderaOdesigo: 1:56pm On Jun 22, 2022
agabaI23:

Did you actually read the article or you commented on the title?

Please read it for me and then break it down, since you appear to have comprehension challenges.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 1:57pm On Jun 22, 2022
PHIPEX:
You think you are smart but empty. The interview was over 3 years ago when the company share price was around #40 per share. Your god Buhari supported by Tinubu killed Nigeria economy crashing share prices and naira value to what it is today, the share price is now down at #5. Calculate the value using the share price and dollar price when the interview was made in 2018 then return here with an apology

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by plaindealer: 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2022
casualobserver:

He seems to be in a habit of getting his facts wrong. While you are verifying please also verify that

1. Anambra state government wa a the largest shareholder in the company as you heard him say….a lie

2. Contrary to the position being touted that he left 75b when he left Anambra, the real state of affairs was that he left a net liability of 105B. As he does by always being economical with the truth, he conveniently failed to mention that the state govt had contingent liabilities of 185B.

A man of Peter Obi’s stature and business experience knows how to prepare accounts. I refuse to believe he was incompetent or inept. This was either deliberate attempt at being fraudulent or he is incompetent. But no accountant will give you a balance sheet and not state liabilities because they are not due today. The man is very clever with his choice of words. You have to decipher and investigate when Obi talks about his affairs. Because they are mostly lies and half truths.

The man is just too synonymous with lies and deceptions he's a chronic and habitual liar.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by ygowon: 2:00pm On Jun 22, 2022
plaindealer:

The man is just too synonymous with lies and deceptions he's a chronic and habitual liar.
Tinubu is the worst
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by CSTRR: 2:01pm On Jun 22, 2022
omohayek:

Why should I be "bitter", when I know that Obi's candidacy has about as much chance of succeeding as Nnamdi Kanu's fantasies about going to Abuja to remove "Jubril Al Sudani"? Your attempt at rebuttal is as unconvincing as the OP's: whether it's $5 to $100 million or $20 to $100 million, the reality is that the current financial value of the investment is wildly different from that, and even if the claim had been true for some few days in 2018, it's being used to campaign for Obi in 2022 - and is therefore a falsehood intended to mislead about Peter Obi's supposed investment wisdom.

If Obi were really the investment genius you and his other supporters wish to make him out to be, he'd have been publicly pushing for the incumbent Anambra government to cash out the investment before the shares went into freefall, but instead he chose to boast about their value at the time, as if he thought the share price would always stay that way (or he imagined no one would ever ask him in future about his past boasting). It's no sign of brilliance to have an investment that peaks at some stratospheric value for a few days and then comes crashing down, as all the cryptocurrency fanatics are currently learning the hard way.

The bottom line with Obi is that his candidacy is largely substance-free hot air, being pushed by aggressive lying and threat-making. Obi offers no concrete policies that set him apart from Atiku and Tinubu, and he is at least as compromised by corruption as Atiku and Tinubu (who, like the Obi fanatics say of their god, has never been arrested by the EFCC or convicted by the Nigerian courts). The only genuine selling point I see for Obi is the one his supporters are least ready to admit to (at least while they aren't attacking "Afonjas", "Yoruba Muslims", "Foolanis", etc.) - he happens to be the only Igbo man currently running for the presidency. That's it, the rest is all dishonest puffery.
so who is the substance -full candidate you are supporting?

Let me give you a chance.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Reni1: 2:03pm On Jun 22, 2022
Did the read the article where the author claimed that had PO not claimed his invested in USD there will be no need to convert? PO claimed that investment is worth $100M which was false as at it peak would have worth $67M.
agabaI23:
Peter Obi Invested N1.96 billion and the value now is N2.24 billion (Picture)

Response to “Peter Obi's $12.24 m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38 m
https://www.nairaland.com/7189779/peter-obis-12.24m-investment-breweries#114025775

I read through the article titled “Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m” and I saw a desperate attempt to find something negative on Peter Obi’s past. The writer obviously did not think through the implication of his deceptive title. Because there is no tangible thing to use again Peter, he had to exploit the outcome of fiscal policy and economic failure of Buhari’s administration to craft a title that the BMC crew will feast on. Obviously the BMC crew do not have the mind of their own and cannot think for themselves. Otherwise they would have understood the implication of the intellectual yahoo-yahoo displayed by the author of that article.

To put the record straight, N1.96 billion was invested and N2.24B (CBN) or (N3.28B) black market is the value today. There was no loss whichever way you want to look at it. it is disingenuous to report the values in dollars while you talk about Tinubu’s forced investment in Naira. ( https://technext.ng/2022/06/02/did-bola-tinubu-bring-econet-nigeria-2001/)
In fact, you have to praise Peter for investing a company that did not go bankrupt under Buhari’s administration.

Dangote, the richest man in Africa had a net worth of $7bn as at April, 2016 as against $25bn he was worth in 2014. (https://nairametrics.com/2020/04/16/aliko-dangote-and-his-slide-from-25-billion-to-7-billion/). That was an $18bn or 72% loss incurred under Buhari’s body language induced recession. Tinubu told us he single-handedly made Buhari Nigeria’s president. Even now, with Federal governments push such as selective opening of the land bother to allow him export his products, Dangote is yet recover. His current Net is still $14.2 billion.

Going by Dangote’s experience, we now know that the company lost at least 72% of its equity value. Because we do not know the profit made as at 2014, we shall work with the investment capital which was $12.24 million. Assuming there was no growth, losing 72% means $8.81 million was lost. So as at April, 2016, the value of the investment was $3.43 million. This company has without any government’s incentive grown the $3.43 million by $1.95 million to get $5.38 million. That is 36% growth in 6 years under Buhari’s hash economy. That tells you that Peter is an investor and wealth creator.

The writer of the article actually shot Buhari and Tinubu(Buhari’s Godfather) on the back because he just highlighted the damage Buhari has done to our economy.

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by CSTRR: 2:05pm On Jun 22, 2022
The bar is so HIGH FOR peter.

For other politicians, as long as they don't loot our money too much, then it is okay.
We would elect them.

For peter obi, not only does he not loot, he has to prove the quality of his investments.

The same people that are supporting corrupt crooks in tinubu and atiku are the ones holding peter obi because of an investment he made for his state that is profitable in absolute terms.

Just like hundeyin said, you are a backbencher student getting D-, but you are asking the A- student in the front why he did not get an A+.
It's ironic and laughable at the same time.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by modsfucker: 2:06pm On Jun 22, 2022
Advocate500:
There is nothing to pinned the man with, so they won't mind blaming the failure of others on him,that is nigeria, no one thinks for himself, my problem is with soludo who is trying to shy away from been hold accountable thereby trying to lie from what is obvious.

Same as Buhari, nothing to pin him with, but guyman failed woefully... So that shouldn't be a yardstick at all.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 2:06pm On Jun 22, 2022
BlackBaron:
Thought as much the article disregarded exchange rate.

However the sum now shown isn't still a windfall in naira terms. Obi himself mentioned returns equivalent to 4 times (apparently $20 million to $100 million) what he put in. The current figure shown is nowhere close to that figure even in naira terms. Makes him a LIAR!

Unfortunately, all the people up for elections this year are liars, thieves and same old crop of politicians.

Freethinker87:

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's Attack / Ex-commissioner Snubs His Brother In Bayelsa. See What Happened Next. Photos / Lai Mohammed: Kanu Lived A 5-star Life, Traveled In Private Jets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.