Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,492 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Why People Should Be More Careful Of What They Post Online - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why People Should Be More Careful Of What They Post Online (643 Views)

Why Do Women Look Different From What They Post Online / Dear Men, Be Careful Of Sleeping With These Girls - Deji Adeyanju / I Am Becoming More Careful My Dreams Always Come Through Step By Step. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why People Should Be More Careful Of What They Post Online by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 22, 2022
Written By: Ossai Ceejay.
Content Writer and Blogger.

Before I begin, I just want to let you know that I don't in any way support creepy/predatory behaviors but I'm the kind of guy who would ALWAYS unapologetically speak the truth no matter what. If you're allergic to the truth and to harsh criticism, please stay far away from me. It's kinda why I'm not too popular in this community.

Now there's this challenge trending on Twitter called the silhouette challenge. If you don't know; the silhouette challenge is basically women dancing naked with red light filters; this only exposes the silhouette of their naked bodies.

They call it body positivity, they said it's them being proud of their bodies and frankly, I don't care whatever you choose to do with your body. But here's when things began to get “interesting”

Newton's 4th law states that “for every hundred persons, at least one creep must exist; (as long as temperature and pressure is kept constant)”

You know what that means? It means they'll always be creeps, I stressed this abundantly on one of my answers (it seems a bunch of 12yr olds rallied round and reported it so it's no longer standing)

I'm already digressing; I should probably tell you what made it “interesting" already.

You see; some geniuses felt that the best way to apply their intelligence is to use it to see what they're not supposed to see. They found a way to remove the red filter with some editing and watch them totally naked without the red filters. (This only worked for people who shot their video in a well lit environment but used the red filters)

As a result, some of them came out to say this:

Re: Why People Should Be More Careful Of What They Post Online by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2022
This is the internet; the land that also consists of Pedos, Rapists, serial killers, psychopaths, etc

As much as we've been taught never to blame victims, the fact remains that there are some extremely FOOLISH victims out there. You know what; let me explain further what a foolish victim is.

You travel to another country and over there, your guide tells you Street XYZ is crawling with robbers, 7 out of 10 persons get robbed there. Instead of you adapting and consequently leave your valuables at home, you decide to go “I have the right to freedom, I can do whatever I want as long as I'm not breaking the law" and then carry your iphone and expensive jewelries along with you to street XYZ.

As expected, you get robbed and then come on twitter saying stuff like “why can't people just be gentle and stop robbing others; it's so unfair �”

Even though I'm fully aware that those robbers broke the law, and that you were well within your rights to move around with those items, I'mma laugh at you and call you a slowpoke for that. The guys who robbed you were animals and simply did what animals do.

We have rights but whether we like it or not, our environment greatly affects our rights.

Girls have the right to wear whatever makes them comfortable, however, I'd love to see you wear a bikini outdoors in Saudi Arabia.

The same thing applies to the internet; you know how cruel the internet is. What these girls fail to realize is that whatever you post on the internet belongs to the PUBLIC.

If I didn't break into your phone and send your nudes to my phone, if you decided to post your nudes to the internet yourself, it becomes public property and I (however creepy it may be) reserve the right to do with the picture as I please.

Doubt me? Go ahead and search for “sexy girls" or “girls in bikinis" on google and see all the photos that'll pop up. A lot of you on Quora have probably used some of them for your answers and nobody sheds a tear. Why? Because it was sourced from a public domain and the image is basically public.

If I walk over to your room's window and watch you change, I would get arrested for that. But if you leave your house and walk in the streets totally naked, I am fully within my rights to stare at your naked body (I would be labelled a pervert but I'm still within my rights).

I am bound by legality not to look at you naked through your room's window but when you come out to the streets totally naked, I become bound by my MORALITY. It would then depend on how much of a gentleman I really am.

Same thing goes to the silhouette challengers; the internet is a very dangerous place and it never forgets. If you still insist on dancing in the rain because you have the right to freedom, don't complain when you get soaked.

Play bleeped up games, win bleeped up prizes. The internet is “bleeped up games" and getting your red filters cleared out by perverts is “bleeped up prizes"

In summary; I don't support the actions of creeps, I've said this over and over again. But in as much as you have rights, the wisest thing to do is; when you're in America, act like an American, when you're in Italy, act like an Italian, when you’re on the internet, behave like a Netizen.

We know you have rights, but rights have and always will be controlled by your environment (interpret that statement any how you like. Infact, interpret this whole post anyhow you like, I don't care), exercise your rights accordingly, otherwise, when bad things happen, “it was my rights" or “it's my rights” ain't gonna save you from their claws.

A rapist does not care about your rights to your own body,

A kidnapper does not care about your rights to freedom,

A creep does not care about your rights to privacy.

Now, are you going to act according to your environment or risk being a punching bag and calling people like me “victim blamers" ?

Your choice.

SOURCE

1 Like

Re: Why People Should Be More Careful Of What They Post Online by nellyelitz(m): 2:01pm On Jun 22, 2022
You see those ladies, i don't take any of them seriously. They are what the portray on that ciallange.

1 Like

Re: Why People Should Be More Careful Of What They Post Online by HONESTFACT101(m): 2:16pm On Jun 22, 2022
What nonsense
I stopped reading at girls can't have fun without men spoiling itsad
And op you must be quite unwell for taking us back to silhouette challenge ......signing out✈
Re: Why People Should Be More Careful Of What They Post Online by Bluezy13(m): 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2022
You gave a child a tightly wrapped candy, thinking the child will not be able to unwrap it.
Viola! The child finally unwraps the candy and you are angry at the child for unwrapping it.

The child is obviously wiser than you.
Re: Why People Should Be More Careful Of What They Post Online by Orgasmgiver123(m): 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2022
Lol
Something that I figured out a long time ago
Brain full this head.

That’s how one mumu posted the naked negative picture of a girl he had sex with here on nairaland, i just used one cheap app to reverse the effect, the girl kpekus be like dead snail grin

One of the reason why i kick people with my rain boot

Damn... nasty... I’m out of here
Re: Why People Should Be More Careful Of What They Post Online by WatchYourSix: 7:05pm On Jun 22, 2022
Some wome will choose to be stupíd...when their stupidíty comes back to hunt them, they start playing victim...

Why expose yourself on the internet ..what's the fun in that ?

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Is Not A Must - Say No To Toxic Marriage Or Relationship Period / Lady Is Spotted In A Viral Video On LIVE Tiktok / Busty Ashewwo Chic Allows Man To Record Her During Some Wild Sucking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.