Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Amy Winehouse Is Dead - Music/Radio (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Amy Winehouse Is Dead (27625 Views)

Shocking: Amy Winehouse Performing On Drugs. / Amy Winehouse Booed After 'disaster' Performance (video) / Amy Winehouse - The Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2011
davidylan:

1. And SO freaking what? They were outstanding musical geniuses who added SQUAT WHAT to our lives? People with boring 9 to 5 jobs are the REASON you have an education, have an improved standard of living. They are the doctors who make sure we live in relative good health, they are the police-officers who maintain law and order, the scientists who put us on the moon, an aircraft in the sky and a car for us to drive (instead of riding horses).
Boring folks with 9-5 jobs are the reason you can turn on your taps in the morning and find water there, they are the reason you have 24 hrs non-stop electricity, have good roads, relatively cheap food and all the regulations that keep you safe. They are the scientists who work hard to improve our lives so we can live long enough to appreciate your "non-conformists". They are also your soldiers who die in relative obscurity so YOU can sit in your little cave and worship drug-addled irresponsible fools with the ability to strum a guitar.

Have some more respect for these folks pls.

davidylan's submission: doctors, lawyers, teachers, lecturers, professors don't use drugs? grin grin grin don't delude yourself - drug users have contributed to the standard of living. . . . .drug usage cuts across every social stratum. . . . .if a doctor dies from drug usage in texas. . . .the news will be local cos nobody cares. . . . . .if amy winehouse dies of the same overdose. . . .it will be well publicized cos she's far famous. just because you have not heard of professional folks dying of o-d does not mean it doesn't happen.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 24, 2011
coogar:

i raised these points in the previous pages. all these artistes that took drugs were extremely brilliant, masters of their arts and yet still sniffed the powder. should we now say people with an extremely high intelligent quotients to make classical music are all of a sudden dumb and never knew the effects of their drug use?

ok lets disabuse our minds here for a sec.

We seem to have gotten into this idea that because these folks were able to hold a note, they are suddenly "brilliant"? Now that's false pls. Talent is not equivalent to intelligence. You can be talented (an innate ability) at whistling and still be unable to solve a quadratic equation or reason logically (a trait many of your "heros" sadly lack).

Secondly, we have EXTREMELY BRILLIANT surgeons, professors, astronauts and artists who dont sniff any powder for inspiration . . . oops i forgot those are boring conformists living in the 18th century. than gawd for Amy winehouse, now we know what its like to live in the 21st century.

coogar:

he was actually sent to england to study medicine but he studied music instead @ trinity college. . . .fela followed his dreams ans see what came out of it. . . . .he's a legend. far famous than his ex-minister brother(olikoye).

lol what was cap28 saying about his parents again? Fela followed his dreams - right to dying of aids and being an embarrassment to his children. Femi and Yeni are who they are today thanks to their mother who single-handedly raised them following her separation from Fela. Yeah Fela is a "legend" . . . famous for dying with aids and marrying 28 wives in one day.

coogar:

5 grammy awards, 6 nominations in one night. the highest number of grammy awards ever racked up in one night by a female artiste is more than a success

Sure. Tell her mother that.

coogar:

whether people love her lifestyle or not. she was a success in her line of profession. something we cannot say about many of her detractors on these pages.

our professions may never be frontline news on the daily mail so of course you can accuse us of having boring unsuccessful lives. Its ok. you go ahead and let your daughter be the next amy winehouse . . .
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2011
coogar:

davidylan's submission: doctors, lawyers, teachers, lecturers, professors don't use drugs? grin grin grin don't delude yourself - drug users have contributed to the standard of living. . . . .drug usage cuts across every social stratum. . . . .if a doctor dies from drug usage in texas. . . .the news will be local cos nobody cares. . . . . .if amy winehouse dies of the same overdose. . . .it will be well publicized cos she's far famous. just because you have not heard of professional folks dying of o-d does not mean it doesn't happen.

Doing the exact same thing you accuse sagamite of doing to you. take one line out of a long treatise and spin it into a firm conclusion i didnt make. At no point did i say doctors or lawyers dont use drugs . . . most of them dont and the few who do are not raised to some false pedestal. They are considered failures and felons.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 4:09pm On Jul 24, 2011
redsun:

Go seat down for doti where you belong!Your line of thoughts will only appeal to stagnant minds.Your mind has no room for adjustment

My mind will never regress to the expectations and standards of moorons that see negative change as progress and "contemporary".  grin

coogar:

if there's an award for the most pest-natured, priggish, obsessive, half-witted lummox on this forum, you are the winner unopposed. how can you compare other people in this argument? were you born brain-dead? so people's pressure threshold is the same all over? because carl lewis decide not to use drugs means ben johnson cannot use it to boost his performance? drug cheats need the drugs and that is why they use it. you sit your ugly rump behind an hp laptop and you claim to know why people act the way they do. you must be genetically silly!

You are one dumbshit with the lame comparisons we have already seen on this thread.

What is there not to compare in people, dumbo?

Some are stewpid, some are smart.

You are the former, I am the latter. Because some people have poorer judgement is an excuse? What kind of dumb argument will you come up with next to excuse drug taking, person?

coogar:

crikey me, this gook is so simple-minded. where did i ever say marijuana is not addictive. i said not all users will be addicted to it if they take it. are you such a lummox  that you cannot even decipher simple statements. who said marijuana is not addictive? probably you are suffering from an extensive brain damage.

You are a foool! You said people take marijuana everyday and don't get addicted. I said that is impossible or at least it will fck you up mentally. You are still trying to claim like it is some almost virtually harmless drug with little risk.

Foooooooooool!

coogar:

swear down, you need to ask for the refund of the adult education classes you had. food is addictive you conceited donkey. read a book and stop exposing your idiocy on a public forum. unfortunately, i will not spoon-feed you by giving you lectures on it.

You are a cretin!

Food is not addictive. Prove it.

I guess that is a challenge when you are poorly educated.

coogar:

more hollow soundbites from an obnoxious fella.
how has this statement advanced the hokum you keep spitting? you must be an inexcusable twunt.

You are dumb. A disorder is not an addiction!

coogar:

who is sagamite? which of the rectums did he crawl out from? i am looking around and i still cannot find you. maybe to the laboratory retaards like you who see you as a demigod, you might have the size of an atom. . . . .but to me, you are another self-opiniated, psychotic donkey who lays claims to prodigious knowledge with no intelligence quotient to match the loud barks. you want to square dance with me in a battle? i will show you up as a witless apprentice.

You are a cretin!

I am not a demigod, I am your supreme God. Don't ever try and Bshit me with Buka facts you can not prove again. Won o bi da (Dem no born you well) to get away with it.

coogar:

tell me one thing in life that is not harmful and can be addictive? are you a lunatic? tell me one thing that has not led to the death of at least someone on this face of the planet. i don't have time to waste on cyber-thugs who cannot advance their points a jot. . . .you keep repeating the same bullshyte without hitting the nail on it's head. there's a reason people say "too much of everything is bad". . . . .

You are a cretin!

995 of things on Earth are not like crack! Stop pulling ediotic opinions from your arse!

coogar:

look at this tool. . . . .prescribing serum(refined venom) to victims of snakebites is not medicinal. giving subutex to drug addicts to cure their addiction is not medicinal? this same subutex can also be used recreationally by opiod users to get high. sagamite, if you ever come across me on this forum, better skip the next wall. you know nothing about this topic - all i keep seeing are the words of a clueless hypocrite who is virginal to the discussion at hand.

You are a foool!

Gradual withdrawal is not medicinal and can not be compared to taking aspirin for pain. Another of your asinine comparisons.

coogar:

more idiotic rants by the resident simpleton of nairaland. were you born with driving a car? were you born with playstation console? why do some people stay on it 24/7 if they don't need it. why are people addicted to facebook or blackberry im if they were not born with it? surely, you know nothing about addiction.

You are a cretin, you are now comparing playstation console to crack! People need playstation, facebook, BB! If it is taken from them, they will be psychotic? Mooron!

You are one massive foool!

You are a serious person!

coogar:

sadly, all the greats(people who have left their marks on this planet) have one addiction or the other and yes they are not irresponsible. the current leaders of united kingdom and the united states have all used drugs at one time in their life - they are not irresponsible. mr sagamite hasn't and yet he is irresponsible. . . .sagamite possesses poop for braincells. . . .you have displayed nothing but sterling idiocy and unsuitability to even engage me in a debate with your delusion.

You are a cretin!

Maybe at your level are the people you regard as great and that influence you take drugs. Not me, I am way too smart to be that impressionable. I will tell your greats to kiss my arse because I can never put them on a pedestal.

coogar:

the tortuous knots of logic this tomfool ties himself up in. . . . .psychology book? i don't need psychology to learn what is around me, muggins.
this is common sense.

This is coming from the cretin that knows nothing about Power?

You insist on wallowing in your moronic ignorance that you use to challenge science?

coogar:

i just love showing up this gorilla as the most brainless member in this yard.
there you go. . . .http://money.cnn.com/2003/01/22/news/companies/mcdonalds/
the next time you see me in a debate. . . . .skip the next wall beside you. . . .i hate leaving grown pinheads with poop on their faces,

When I tell you that you are a cretin, you will think it is an insult.

So you picked a case that a judge threw out as frivolous as your example?

I don't need to ask if you are reetarded. You are!

coogar:

and you are a bigger nebbish. . . . . .
to which i replied . . .
don't distort the facts. . . .everything is well-documented. you shallow-minded, ignorant twerp!

the only logical statement in your rubble of poop.

of course no one needs to take crack at first. . . .but kids still do out of environment(peer pressure) or "feel-cool" factor. . . .and the reasons they do vary from person to person. kane has good parent, abel does not have parents, raised amongst older drug fiends and influenced by his environment, . . should we now blame abel for the environment he was raised in or what, you mongolian dingbat?

so, abel comes out of the ghetto as a celebrity(athlete or rockstar). . . . .continued his habits with so much money to feed it and rolling in an industry that is drug-fuelled. . . .and ended up like amy winehouse. . . is it fair to blame abel for the life he led knowing he had no moral compass from the very beginning to choose the right path for himself? you are here condemning amy winehouse whose upbringing might have been shitty and yet you have no compassion, pity for the environment she was raised. . . . .in all honesty, you are a scatter-brain and if you make a mistake of marrying someone like yourself - you shall produce nitwits.

You are a cretin, you are yet to prove people need drugs. They choose to take drugs. Foool

coogar:

well. . . . .he should take his stu-pidity to where pinheads like him celebrate him and not a 50-mile radius of where i am positioned. i have a zero tolerance for born-tools. i can understand if an intellectual calls me a cretin(after all, the intellectual is smarter than i am) but when a deranged epileptic beast of burden tries to imitate an intellectual, i get automatically ticked.

You are a cretin! I am your intellectual God! It is Sunday, fcking worship!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2011
redsun:

The geezer(sagamite) is so pathetically stupi-d with so much time in his hands to pin point rubbish to back up his inherent dic-kheadednss

I will find all the time in the world to bash you and show you are dumb!

That, I am addicted to. grin
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2011
davidylan:

ok lets disabuse our minds here for a sec.

We seem to have gotten into this idea that because these folks were able to hold a note, they are suddenly "brilliant"? Now that's false pls. Talent is not equivalent to intelligence. You can be talented (an innate ability) at whistling and still be unable to solve a quadratic equation or reason logically (a trait many of your "heros" sadly lack).

but amy doesn't want to solve quadratic equations. . . . .you don't have to be an academic fellow to make it in life. amy and many like her wanted to master their arts. . . . .it's a rare talent to make classical music and wow millions of people all over the world. . .cutting through language barrier, races and tribal bullshyte. . . . .this is where you are getting it wrong. talent is a gift and it's intelligence. . . . .not necessarily academic intelligence.

Secondly, we have EXTREMELY BRILLIANT surgeons, professors, astronauts and artists who dont sniff any powder for inspiration . . . oops i forgot those are boring conformists living in the 18th century. than gawd for Amy winehouse, now we know what its like to live in the 21st century.

and how would you know they didn't take drugs? you want me to give you a list of famous people that used drugs at a particular point in their lives?
are you sure you wanna know? like i keep saying, taking it is not irresponsible. . . . .overdoing it is the irresponsibilty.

lol what was cap28 saying about his parents again? Fela followed his dreams - right to dying of aids and being an embarrassment to his children. Femi and Yeni are who they are today thanks to their mother who single-handedly raised them following her separation from Fela. Yeah Fela is a "legend" . . . famous for dying with aids and marrying 28 wives in one day.

he is still a legend. . . . .fela isn't the first person to die with aids. ordinary folks in your academic circle have also died of aids. let's compare like for like. so because he died of aids now. . . .it means he was unsuccessful or made the wrong choice? i am sure fela would lead the same life over again if permitted.

Sure. Tell her mother that.

she knows herself. without their daughter, they would be living on state benefits.
sadly she had to die. . . . .but without amy, no one would know about them.

our professions may never be frontline news on the daily mail so of course you can accuse us of having boring unsuccessful lives. Its ok. you go ahead and let your daughter be the next amy winehouse . . .

she has her cross to carry. . . . .i can preach from now till eternity, pray from now till eternity. . . . .the ultimate decision still lies on the mother. anini's parents never taught him how to hold a gun. his dad was an evangelist who changed people's lives and yet his son was the most notorious robber in nigeria. go figure!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2011
coogar:

100% in agreement.

i raised these points in the previous pages. all these artistes that took drugs were extremely brilliant, masters of their arts and yet still sniffed the powder. should we now say people with an extremely high intelligent quotients to make classical music are all of a sudden dumb and never knew the effects of their drug use?

he was actually sent to england to study medicine but he studied music instead @ trinity college. . . .fela followed his dreams and see what came out of it. . . . .he's a legend. far famous than his ex-minister brother(olikoye).

absolutely!

5 grammy awards, 6 nominations in one night. the highest number of grammy awards ever racked up in one night by a female artiste is more than a success. whether people love her lifestyle or not. she was a success in her line of profession. something we cannot say about many of her detractors on these pages.

You are a cretin!

So they knew the effects of drugs and we are suppose to feel pity for them when they wilfully use it and destroy their lives?

5 Grammy awards and a shyt life is what you are applauding!

What an impressionable, dumb person!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Frazy(f): 4:18pm On Jul 24, 2011
watching and listening to Love is a Losing Game, brings tears to my eyes,

We all have and or have had our demons wether it be drugs or something else. Many of us made it through and many did not. Too bad those of us still here consider ourselves judge and jury. We are no better than she was we just happen to survive.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2011
but amy doesn't want to solve quadratic equations. . . . .you don't have to be an academic fellow to make it in life. amy and many like her wanted to master their arts. . . . .it's a rare talent to make classical music and wow millions of people all over the world. . .cutting through language barrier, races and tribal bullshyte. . . . .this is where you are getting it wrong. talent is a gift and it's intelligence. . . . .not necessarily academic intelligence.

I agree with this.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 24, 2011
coogar:

Duh look on youtube to see how "rare" this talent is. Ya want to see REAL CLASSICAL music, look up il divo or Andrea bocelli . . . now THAT is a talent . . . without the need for drugs.

coogar:

and how would you know they didn't take drugs? you want me to give you a list of famous people that used drugs at a particular point in their lives?
are you sure you wanna know? like i keep saying, taking it is not irresponsible. . . . .overdoing it is the irresponsibilty.

1. I never said none of those brilliant scientists didnt abuse drugs, but the few who do are not placed on a pedestal and heralded as heroes.

2. Taking drugs of abuse IS irresponsibility! It is the primary driver behind the large number of young kids today trying it out to feel "cool".

coogar:

he is still a legend. . . . .fela isn't the first person to die with aids. ordinary folks in your academic circle have also died of aids. let's compare like for like. so because he died of aids now. . . .it means he was unsuccessful or made the wrong choice? i am sure fela would lead the same life over again if permitted.

A legend? lol yeah why dont you have your son follow his footsteps. We'll buy his records no probs.

coogar:

she knows herself. without their daughter, they would be living on state benefits.
sadly she had to die. . . . .but without amy, no one would know about them.

True. All due to her own inability to provide a stable childhood for her daughter. A pharmacist living on state benefits? What a disgrace.

coogar:

she has her cross to carry. . . . .i can preach from now till eternity, pray from now till eternity. . . . .the ultimate decision still lies on the mother. anini's parents never taught him how to hold a gun. his dad was an evangelist who changed people's lives and yet his son was the most notorious robber in nigeria. go figure!

True. Preaching means nothing if you cannot lead your own family. Abandoning your child so you can preach in 365 places a year is wrong according to the bible. Train your child! Dont leave them in abusive, broken homes with no supervision and expect superstars out of them.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Frazy(f): 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2011
@Sagamite tone down your language. embarassed  Why do you take Nl too serious?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 24, 2011
coogar:

Call me out on this if you pls but lets cut out the BS at this point.

1. Talent is NOT synonymous with intelligence. Amy may have been good enough to hold a note but was certainly not intelligent enough to make the right choices for herself . . . that didnt even require the ability to solve quadratic equations.

2. This excuse above is one that most people who have no cranial capacity for education would definitely be in support of. Send your kids to school . . . they will not become the new Amy winehouse.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2011
Frazy:

@Sagamite tone down your language. embarassed  Why do you take Nl too serious?

I kind of have a morbid hate for moorons.

It annoys me they have a right to vote. I am hoping we can abolish democracy and start geniocracy.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2011
Frazy:

watching and listening to Love is a Losing Game, brings tears to my eyes,

We all have and or have had our demons wether it be drugs or something else. Many of us made it through and many did not. Too bad those of us still here consider ourselves judge and jury. We are no better than she was we just happen to survive.

1. We dont all have "demons" (i'm sure even the devil is tired of being blamed for our poor choices). When you make a conscious CHOICE to dabble into drugs . . . it is YOUR FAULT not that of internal demons.

2. this is not a case of making up "judge and jury" . . . it is about learning the lessons her death teaches us, and disabusing this silly notion that simply because you sing you must be a successful legend. No wonder our kids dont like school no more, all of them want to strum guitars and form rock bands. Can i blame them? the media has shown them that is the "cool" 21st century person to be. I laugh in greek when i see idiots here claiming being a surgeon is boring and conformist. I'd rather all my kids were surgeons than Amy Winehouse, they may not be known to your through the pages of the telegraph but so long as they make a difference in their little communities . . . who cares what others think.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 4:34pm On Jul 24, 2011
Sagamite:

You are one dumbshit with the lame comparisons we have already seen on this thread.
What is there not to compare in people, dumbo?

you are born silly. . . .you are beyond help.

Some are stewpid, some are smart.
You are the former, I am the latter. Because some people have poorer judgement is an excuse? What kind of dumb argument will you come up with next to excuse drug taking, person?

if you are half as smart as ma pubic hair, i will overdose on methadone. . . .
you and me in a debate? you are a witless apprentice. your intellectual compass is so screwed up, i doubt you can find your way out in a mall.

You are a foool! You said people take marijuana everyday and don't get addicted. I said that is impossible or at least it will fck you up mentally. You are still trying to claim like it is some almost virtually harmless drug with little risk.
Foooooooooool!

or at least? this hilly-billy is shifting position already? grin grin
marijuana is harmless if the right dosage is taken, you ninny!
there are articles on this on the web, read it and stop drooling like an epileptic patient.

You are a cretin!
Food is not addictive. Prove it.

food is addictive. . . . i will spoonfeed you this time around.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2707143.stm
i guess it's another food in your face. . . . .scientists claimed this one. . . .the very science you love talking about and you have no grasp of.

I guess that is a challenge when you are poorly educated.
You are dumb. A disorder is not an addiction!
You are a cretin!

poorly educated?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
and yet you don't know the difference between your left and your right.

I am not a demigod, I am your supreme God. Don't ever try and Bshit me with Buka facts you can not prove again. Won o bi da (Dem no born you well) to get away with it. You are a cretin!

and yet i have bashed your cranium so much you have lost your sight.
i am not one of the people you can bully. . . .i love intellectual debates but what i have seen here is the ramblings of a lunatic who cannot discern between his left hand and the right. . . .objectionable nitwits like you are stamped out by my brogues!
half the cube root of my iq is beyond you(fact)!

995 of things on Earth are not like crack! Stop pulling ediotic opinions from your arse!
You are a foool!

and yet more ramblings. . . . . .

Gradual withdrawal is not medicinal and can not be compared to taking aspirin for pain. Another of your asinine comparisons.

and yet the tool shows more mental inadequacies. . . . .subutex is not medicinal? grin grin grin grin grin
i'm sure your army of lunatics will be shaking their heads at your sheer idiocy this afternoon.
i have told you - when you see me. . . .you need to run!

You are a cretin, you are now comparing playstation console to crack! People need playstation, facebook, BB! If it is taken from them, they will be psychotic? Mooron!

take it from your spouse and letz see what she becomes in weeks. . . . grin cheesy

You are one massive foool!
You are a serious person!
You are a cretin!

get a grip, asstard. . . .

Maybe at your level are the people you regard as great and that influence you take drugs. Not me, I am way too smart to be that impressionable. I will tell your greats to kiss my arse because I can never put them on a pedestal.

you are not smart! you are nothing but a despicable obnoxious tool. . . . . .what have you invented? what are your qualifications? what do you own? who knows you? see me see palava. . . .an inevitable display of small-minded jobsworthian power. . . . .you this imbecilic immigrant is claiming to be smart? thunder fire your duodenum. grin

This is coming from the cretin that knows nothing about Power?
You insist on wallowing in your moronic ignorance that you use to challenge science?

Bleep your power and science. . . . .common sense beats them everyday. . . . .

When I tell you that you are a cretin, you will think it is an insult.
So you picked a case that a judge threw out as frivolous as your example?

ruminant animal strikes again. . . . .you told me to show you one case of people vs macdonalds. . . .i showed you one and you are still saying its a frivolous case. . . .was there a case or not? frivolous or unfrivolous?

I don't need to ask if you are reetarded. You are!
You are a cretin, you are yet to prove people need drugs. They choose to take drugs. Foool

they need drugs. drugs have become part of their lives. . . . .when they don't take it - they go into the cold-turkey phase!
read a book, kiss my feet - acclaim me as your messiah, your teacher, your rabbi

You are a cretin! I am your intellectual God! It is Sunday, fcking worship!

if i ever catch you in an intellectual debate ever again, i will pull out your intestines and sell your testicles to mexicans.
you deluded ignoramus!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2011
davidylan:

1. [b]Talent is NOT synonymous with intelligence. [/b]Amy may have been good enough to hold a note but was certainly not intelligent enough to make the right choices for herself . . . that didnt even require the ability to solve quadratic equations.

2. This excuse above is one that most people who have no cranial capacity for education would definitely be in support of. Send your kids to school . . . they will not become the new Amy winehouse.

Don't mind the dumbo!

The guy is incredibly stewpid. This is another of his mooronic goof.

Maybe Susan Boyle is his example of omnipotent intelligent because she can hold a tune.

Moronic point after moronic point.

Some ediot can not make good choices in life and he is claiming intelligence.

Awon "Contemporary" thinkers! Idiocy at its peak.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Frazy(f): 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2011
I have watched the world crumble before my eyes. The world is angry, all due to economic conditions and the stress of living too fast, too hard, too selfishly, for too long. There is no respect for one another. Road rage, spousal abuse, drug and alcohol abuse are all expressions of that anger and stress.

I hear young women using the f'bomb in every third sentence. This was unheard during our parent time. Women had a measure of self respect which made men desire them.

I see many young people who do not treat elders with respect yet they demand to be taken seriously as adults and demand respect for their ideas, opinions, and lifestyles.

You can add singer Amy Winehouse to the list of young people who died tragically mainly because she was a product of today's world.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2011
davidylan:

1. Talent is NOT synonymous with intelligence. Amy may have been good enough to hold a note but was certainly not intelligent enough to make the right choices for herself . . . that didnt even require the ability to solve quadratic equations.

Like a talent, intellectual giftedness is usually believed to be an innate, personal aptitude for intellectual activities that cannot be acquired through personal effort
Various ideas about the definition, development, and best ways of identifying intellectual giftedness have been put forward.
Intellectual giftedness may be general or specific. For example, an intellectually gifted person may have a striking talent for mathematics, but not have equally strong language skills.

i have called you out - what's your defense now?

Amy may have been good enough to hold a note but was certainly not intelligent enough to make the right choices for herself . . . that didnt even require the ability to solve quadratic equations.

ray charles - not intelligent
abraham lincoln(us president) was not intelligent
grever cleveland-not intelligent
anthony eden(british prime minister)was not intelligent
adolf hitler not intelligent

davidylan, you are quite an intelligent man but telling me drug users are not intelligent because they took drugs is pushing it. really pushing it.
if this was coming from the resident simpleton aka sagamite, i wouldn't raise an eyebrow but the names i have listed here are people who are leaders of men bar ray charles(a legendary pianist). how do you lead a country without intelligence?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2011
coogar:

you are born silly. . . .you are beyond help.

if you are half as smart as ma pubic hair, i will overdose on methadone. . . .
you and me in a debate, you are a witless apprentice. your intellectual compass is so screwed up, i doubt you can find your way out in a mall.

there are articles on this on the web, read it and stop drooling like an epileptic patient.

i guess it's another food in your face. . . . .scientists claimed this one. . . .the very science you love talking about and you have no grasp of.

poorly educated?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
and yet you don't know the difference between your left and your right.

and yet i have bashed your cranium so much you have lost your sight.
i am not one of the people you can bully. . . .i love intellectual debates but what i have seen here is the ramblings of a lunatic who cannot discern between his left hand and the right. . . .objectionable nitwits like you are stamped out by my brogues!
half the cube root of my iq is beyond you(fact)!

and yet more ramblings. . . . . .

and yet the tool shows more mental inadequacies. . . . .subutex is not medicinal? grin grin grin grin grin
i'm sure your army of lunatics will be shaking their heads at your sheer idiocy this afternoon.
i have told you - when you see me. . . .you need to run!

take it from your spouse and letz see what she becomes in weeks. . . . grin cheesy

get a grip, asstard. . . .

you are not smart! you are nothing but a despicable obnoxious tool. . . . . .what have you invented? what are your qualifications? what do you own? who knows you? see me see palava. . . .an inevitable display of small-minded jobsworthian power. . . . .you this imbecilic immigrant is claiming to be smart? thunder fire your duodenum. grin

Bleep your power and science. . . . .common sense beats them everyday. . . . .

ruminant animal strikes again. . . . .you told me to show you one case of people vs macdonalds. . . .i showed you one and you are still saying its a frivolous case. . . .was there a case or not? frivolous or unfrivolous?

they need drugs. drugs have become part of their lives. . . . .when they don't take it - they go into the cold-turkey phase!
read a book, kiss my feet - acclaim me as your messiah, your teacher, your rabbi

if i ever catch you in an intellectual debate ever again, i will pull out your intestines and sell your testicles to mexicans.
you deluded ignoramus!

You are a cretin!

You have no arguments?

Let me recount your mooronic points:

- Celebrities can have no impact on kids.

- Driving is like crack.

- Alcohol is as bad or even worse than crack.

- Food is addictive.

- People need crack.

You are incredibly dumb.

As per your link on food addiction, you are too dumb to realise that the hypothesis was rejected by others as stated at the bottom of the article, so it is not of general acceptance hence it is not valid evidence?

Your school failed you?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2011
coogar:

False. Marijuana at the "right dose" over a long period of time is addictive. Methadone is a classic example, it is used to curb heroin addiction and reduce withdrawal symptoms because:

a. it acts on the same opioid receptors as heroin
b. can block heroin effects at certain doses
c. It is far less addictive

But it is still highly regulated because taken at the right dose over time will lead to dependence! Go to your hospital . . . see how strictly medicinal drugs like morphine are controlled.

coogar:

Herein lies the problem. The very first line in your article says this - Hamburgers and French fries could be as addictive as heroin, scientists have claimed.

This article was published 8 yrs ago, in that time there remains no evidence to substantiate this.

Food does not act at the same receptors known to cause dependence . . .
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2011
Frazy:

I have watched the world crumble before my eyes. The world is angry, all due to economic conditions and the stress of living too fast, too hard, too selfishly, for too long. There is no respect for one another. Road rage, spousal abuse, drug and alcohol abuse are all expressions of that anger and stress.

I hear young women using the f'bomb in every third sentence. This was unheard during our parent time. Women had a measure of self respect which made men desire them.

I see many young people who do not treat elders with respect yet they demand to be taken seriously as adults and demand respect for their ideas, opinions, and lifestyles.

You can add singer Amy Winehouse to the list of young people who died tragically mainly because she was a product of today's world.

Call it chivalry, but i couldnt be harsh to a cute chic.

Nail hit on the head - the problem is with the breakdown of the family as the basic unit of society. No thanks to those who tell us we should cancel our ageless belief in traditional marriage to accomodate the queer lifestyles of others.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 24, 2011
coogar:

Like a talent, intellectual giftedness is usually believed to be an innate, personal aptitude for intellectual activities that cannot be acquired through personal effort
Various ideas about the definition, development, and best ways of identifying intellectual giftedness have been put forward.
Intellectual giftedness may be general or specific. For example, an intellectually gifted person may have a striking talent for mathematics, but not have equally strong language skills.

i have called you out - what's your defense now?

Huh? Nna bros dont try this with me. So where in that long diatribe is intelligence mentioned? Talent is not limited to the arts, it also includes an innate aptitude for the sciences too.

Now look at the definition of intelligence - the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations : reason; also : the skilled use of reason (2) : the ability to apply knowledge to manipulate one's environment or to think abstractly as measured by objective criteria (as tests)

What has talent to do with the above?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2011
davidylan:

False. Marijuana at the "right dose" over a long period of time is addictive. Methadone is a classic example, it is used to curb heroin addiction and reduce withdrawal symptoms because:

But it is still highly regulated because taken at the right dose over time will lead to dependence! Go to your hospital . . . see how strictly medicinal drugs like morphine are controlled.

Don't mind the mooron, he would argue against Science.

davidylan:

Call it chivalry, but i couldnt be harsh to a cute chic.

Nail hit on the head - the problem is with the breakdown of the family as the basic unit of society. No thanks to those who tell us we should cancel our ageless belief in traditional marriage to accomodate the queer lifestyles of others.

And we have "contemporary" thinkers that think it is "progress".
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2011
davidylan:

how is marijuana related to methadone? i said marijuana is harmless, you are telling me about methadone.
christ, who have i been arguing with?

i said marijuana is harmless, stop preaching to me about methadone. marijuana and methadone are not the same ish.,
jeeeeez.

Herein lies the problem. The very first line in your article says this - Hamburgers and French fries could be as addictive as heroin, scientists have claimed.

This article was published 8 yrs ago, in that time there remains no evidence to substantiate this.

Food does not act at the same receptors known to cause dependence . . .

see your comprehension. . . . .food is still addictive. . . .whether it's now as addictive as heroin or other drugs is what is yet to be substantiated.
the degree of addiction is what is in question not the addiction itself.
fellas, read and digest.

Sagamite:

Don't mind the mooron, he would argue against Science.

And we have "contemporary" thinkers that think it is "progress".

see the pubic louse now hiding beneath davidylan's knickers after being bashed into a pulp.
you are a tool. . . . .a rusty tool if i may ask. . . . .i have told you - the next time you put your face where intellectuals gather, i will gut you out like a pig. laboratory nincompoop!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 5:05pm On Jul 24, 2011
coogar:

how is marijuana related to methadone? i said marijuana is harmless, you are telling me about methadone.
christ, who have i been arguing with?

i said marijuana is harmless, stop preaching to me about methadone. marijuana and methadone are not the same ish.,
jeeeeez.

see your comprehension. . . . .food is still addictive. . . .whether it's now as addictive as heroin or other drugs is what is yet to be substantiated.
the degree of addiction is what is in question not the addiction itself.
fellas, read and digest.

see the pubic louse now hiding beneath davidylan's knickers after being bashed into a pulp.
you are a tool. . . . .a rusty tool if i may ask. . . . .i have told you - the next time you put your face where intellectuals gather, i will gut you out like a pig. laboratory nincompoop!

Look at this dumbo? grin grin grin

You bashed with moronic arguments like driving is like crack? grin grin grin

Lets examine your new idiotic argument, so marijuana is not a psychotic drug, it is harmless?

According to your mooronic argument about food, so if people are keen on the next sex, they are addicts?

What kind of mooron are you FFS? grin
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2011
Sagamite:

Lets examine your new idiotic argument, so marijuana is not a psychotic drug, it is harmless?
What kind of mooron are you FFS? grin

you keep getting worse by the day. . . . .i have told you. . . , bow down, kiss my feet, call me your rabbi.

is marijuana harmful? no

for the most part, there really is no physical withdrawal in marijuana; no detox symptoms for quitting marijuana. with other drugs, such as alcohol or painkillers, there are very real and sometimes even dangerous withdrawal symptoms that can occur during the detox process. but with marijuana, there really are no such problems. so this would tend to point to the idea that marijuana is not addictive(unless when heavy dosage is administered).

taking the required dosage will not bring about any addiction.  mr sagamite, another lecture for your illiterate rump.
you are a semi-illiterate. . . . .and people like you are the worst to deal with. . . . .for a stark illiterate, he digests everything said to him right or wrong but at least he still gains some wheat. . . . . .for laboratory pinheads like you. . . . .you think you are literate but then you are ignorant. . . .so you mix the wheat for the chaff and gain nothing. . . .
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by sley4life(m): 5:21pm On Jul 24, 2011
i dnt knw who she is, may her soul rip
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 5:26pm On Jul 24, 2011
coogar:

you keep getting worse by the day. . . . .i have told you. . . , bow down, kiss my feet, call me your rabbi.

is marijuana harmful? no

for the most part, there really is no physical withdrawal in marijuana; no detox symptoms for quitting marijuana. with other drugs, such as alcohol or painkillers, there are very real and sometimes even dangerous withdrawal symptoms that can occur during the detox process. but with marijuana, there really are no such problems. So this would tend to point to the idea that marijuana is not addictive(unless when heavy dosage is administered).

taking the required dosage will not bring about any addiction.  mr sagamite, another lecture for your illiterate rump.
you are a semi-illiterate. . . . .and people like you are the worst to deal with. . . . .for a stark illiterate, he digests everything said to him right or wrong but at least he still gains some wheat. . . . . .for laboratory pinheads like you. . . . .you think you are literate but then you are ignorant. . . .so you mix the wheat for the chaff and gain nothing. . . .

Oh, I am going to have fun with you on NL! You are easy meat due to your immense dumbness.  grin grin grin grin

I am your God!

Marijuana is harmless?

Foool: http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/effects.-Lya.htm

What is the point of taking a thing that does such to you if you don't need it?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by ElRazur: 5:28pm On Jul 24, 2011
Coogar.

What is the "required dosage"

You claim Marijuana isn't harmful yet it is a controlled substance or illegal in many parts of the world.

You claim it isn't harmful yet there is a high incidence of psychosis amongst smokers. (Especially those who are dependant on it)

shocked

Look, Weed do have some benefits (those who suffer from Arthritis claim it is soothing and help their inflammatory disorder) however there are chemicals present in it that causes a lot of harm or associated with harm at least. As it stand so far there are more research that supports the stance marijuana is more harmful.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sike(m): 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2011
What A Cruel Fate!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 5:37pm On Jul 24, 2011
Sagamite:

Oh, I am going to have fun with you on NL! You are easy meat due to your immense dumbness.  grin grin grin grin

I am your God!

Marijuana is harmless?

Foool: http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/effects.-Lya.htm

What is the point of taking a thing that does such to you if you don't need it?

if the right dosage is administered, you dumbo!
right dosage. . . . .not excessive users.  try another ish.

but while you are at it. . . . . .more lectures for your illiterate rump
p.s. after each lecture, bow and kiss my feet!

http://healthland.time.com/2010/10/19/is-marijuana-addictive-it-depends-how-you-define-addiction/

ElRazur:

Coogar.
What is the "required dosage"

it varies from individual to individual.
in the words of biggie "know your weight"

You claim Marijuana isn't harmful yet it is a controlled substance or illegal in many parts of the world.

You claim it isn't harmful yet there is a high incidence of psychosis amongst smokers. (Especially those who are dependant on it)

shocked Look, Weed do have some benefits (those who suffer from Arthritis claim it is soothing and help their inflammatory disorder) however there are chemicals present in it that causes a lot of harm or associated with harm at least. As it stand so far there are more research that supports the stance marijuana is more harmful.

but this is the only drug people are clamouring to decriminalize cos the addiction level is even less than 10% even when you overuse it.
marijuana is harmless if taken judiciously. grin my boss is an example. he uses it and comes off it at will - with no addiction and he has been using it since his teenage years.

marijuana's withdrawal will only cause cravings(just like cigarettes and sex) not physically addictive as the others which would cause nausea, shaking, cold sweats and make withdrawal symptoms unbearable. the addiction is psychological and this is manageable.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by owo2390(m): 5:44pm On Jul 24, 2011
There's no conclusive evidence on the noxiousness of weed. But weed has many positive effects that medical marijuana is legal in many states.

Also, marijuana was banned in the 1930s, then, no one was doing any ground breaking research on the effects of marijuana. Marijuana was banned because the tobacco company's lobbyists used scare tactics to scare many people into believing marijuana was bad. Furthermore, alcohol kills more people than marijuana. And marijuana is legal in the Netherlands and the country is thriving, and doing better than most other countries.

The only downside to marijuana is that it's a gateway drug. That's bad.

From personal experience, I lived with a former drug-dealer in college, he was in honors classes, smoked regularly and did really well in school. The major downside to weed consumption in my friend was that the weed made him lazy. No psychosis.

I have no first hand experience with the substance because I don't smoke. But i have friends who do and they are the nicest, smartest, people out there.

Just saying my piece.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

10 Most Watched Nigerian Youtube Music Videos Ever / Mr P Releases 'The Prodigal' Album / Naira Marley ‘LOL’ EP Tracklist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.