Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Why Should Class Come Between Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Should Class Come Between Love? (2167 Views)

Love Story: Between Love, Aristo & Marraige...part 2 / Is Love Sex! The Difference Between Love Making And Sex. / Should Class be a createria when it comes to Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should Class Come Between Love? by tectona(m): 1:10pm On Feb 22, 2006
Must class always be involved where love is concerned? I was asked this question by a friend. Please I need your views.
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by Seun(m): 9:51am On Feb 23, 2006
Class comes between love because when someone that is very rich or popular is dating someone that's very poor and unknown it is hard to tell if the love is due to his/her character or the possessions, popularity or class of that person.
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by whitesoftx(m): 10:07am On Feb 23, 2006
Just as the life is, expecially in this part of the world/continent we are, No one loves a NOBODY! If you are NOBODY, forget it! but if you are SOMEBODY, everybody will love you which is too bad angry
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by Seun(m): 10:17am On Feb 23, 2006
That's it o my brother. Someone said "good things in life come to nice people" but I replied "good things come to successful people". (success comes to lucky and determined people).

If I get rich, would I prevent my children from getting married to "poor" people who love them very much? No. But you know, the suspicion will always be there that this boy (or girl) is just after my son's money (or my daughter's money).
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:23am On Feb 23, 2006
i dont think class must come between love at all
if u really love some1 why bother aba da person's class
afterall some are meant 2 be rich and others poor
we all cant be da same
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by whitesoftx(m): 10:38am On Feb 23, 2006
Seun:

If I get rich, would I prevent my children from getting married to "poor" people who love them very much? No. But you know, the suspicion will always be there that this boy (or girl) is just after my son's money (or my daughter's money).

@Rhodalyn: What do you have to say to that as a MOTHER?
Would TRUE love exist in such relationship?
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by Rhodalyn(f): 5:41pm On Feb 23, 2006
if ma child thinks he/she is really ready 4 marriage
then he/she should be able to know when a guy is after his/her money n when a guy really loves him/her
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by Skidoc(m): 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2006
Hmmm, tectona I think you are the one in love with Paddy. Not your friend, that's why you are asking this question. Wake up o.
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by papermoon(f): 8:06pm On Feb 23, 2006
cry
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by luridguy(m): 9:55pm On Feb 23, 2006
class cannot come between my own love oooooo if am in love no man born of a woman can prevent me from marrying class or no class tongue
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by cheekee(f): 11:42pm On Feb 23, 2006
@rhodalyn true talk i agree with you but people care less about that nowadays!!!they put cash in front of everything,very few adhere to the concept of TRUE LOVE undecided
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by rikkyjen(m): 12:19am On Feb 24, 2006
Papermoon, The scenarios you painted are very pathethic,i thought it happened in Love films alone,i was visibly shaken by the disowned girls story, This life is full of absurdities!!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by Idekeson(m): 3:53am On Feb 24, 2006
If the love is such that you can sacrifice the benefits of class, it's your life. You must make the hard choice.
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by papermoon(f): 1:55pm On Feb 24, 2006
cry
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by kimba(m): 4:28pm On Mar 01, 2006
class must not, or rather should not come between LOVE, i think they say Love is blind, but all the same, man pickin must-to open eye, well well.
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by Sayoh: 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2006
as much as i want to believe u shud be able to fall in love with n marry whoever u want regardless d class difference,this only happens in stories like cinderella n other fairytale like movies,if u watch this soap,'wen u r mine' u'll c d hell paloma is goin thru jus coz she's a poor kid in love with a rich guy,so for me, d class thing is inevitable
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by kimba(m): 10:58am On Mar 03, 2006
GUYS
If your rich friend were to fall in Love with a poor rat-girl, you would sure advise him to take things easy, that there were better girls out there, some who were at par with his class. You might even introduce some to him to help him out and take his mind off the church rat girl, worse, by the time you'll wash her down with omo oozing from the corner of your mouth from head to toe, i believe your rich friend would surely see the light.

If twas the girl that was your friend, wont you ask her to go double check on her heart to make sure that Money was not what she was looking for in the guy? In fact, you would tell her that money doesnt mean both of they will lead a good life. I bet you'll tell her, hey see, let me tell you one truth, you know weve been friends for a long time, im a guy, ok, and the truth is that Money doesnt make the Man.

GIRLS
If your rich girl friend were to confide in you that she was in love with a poor-rat guy living in mushin, while she lives in VI, wont you ask her if she was out of her mind, definitely I know her rich mom would definitely say no,

if twas the guy who was a friend of yours and he was after some poor girl, i think you would think he was also out of his mind,

so Sayoh said it right, the class thing is inevitable, but all the same, there are many across the class-border get-togethers and anyone in such a situation just has to pray that things would work out fine,
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by eveseh(f): 10:38pm On Apr 25, 2006
it shouldnt come between it,

cos love not what u want from the person is what u feel
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by leilata(f): 12:15am On Apr 26, 2006
class is in fact inevitable !!! it is just a fact!!! It's very hard in the first place to fall in love with someone from another class. actually hard is not the right word rare is the right word, like if u are rich you dont get to mingle with the poor and vice versa, so the probability of you falling in love with a poor person is actually small, also every parent want what is best for their child and when they give their daughter away for example they want the new husband to just continue with the caring loving financial support they've given their child, so they are not too keen on giving away their child to a poor person, and parents believe the heart clouds the rational judgement of their child and blablabla, so to some extent i can understand the whole drama that comes up when a child decides to marry a poor person, but on the other hand some cases are just tooooo extreme, like u cant write off a bf that is from a poor family if he is only 20 (and ambitious), i can understand if he is like late thirties early forty no ambition no motivation no job and he is just a bum, but like ppl who stop a guy from marrying from a poor family thats just another case entirely, but again it is not very common
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by hotchic1(f): 4:49pm On Apr 09, 2007
It is normal,and infact its better you look for love among pple of your class because there is lot of headache in dating someone from a different class
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by adeboo(f): 2:39pm On Apr 10, 2007
Its houldnt come between love but it does.

People of an upper class have specific ways of doing things and in order for you date/marry into them you have to fit into that mould otherwise there will always be drama.
Re: Why Should Class Come Between Love? by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 28, 2007
class is not equivalent to money. lots of people have plenty of money but no class at all, while quite a few are classy but dirt -poor.

it's hard to marry from a different class, cos then the two people come from different worlds (so to speak) and would see things differently, have two different sets of friends/social spheres. such relationships tend to be one dimensional-either based on money, or sex- and would always lead to friction cos one person would always be uncomfortable in the other's social circle, either feeling inferior or superior

(1) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Babe available for Dating / Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? / Naija Men (majority), Why Na?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.