Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery (32157 Views)

CBN Directs Banks To Suspend Charges On Deposits Till September / Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers / CBN Orders Banks To Spy On 19 Persons (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by Quicksilver5: 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2022
no wonder, I received money, I withdraw am fast fast, now my account is showing -

2 Likes

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by Mumusaphire: 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2022
BritishNaija:
They just want to make Sure MTN do not succeed. MTN is a big threat to them.
nothing is threat if it is momo ooooo. They charge outrageous also and they don't have app. Only ussd code.
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by zicoraads: 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2022
motionarena:
I heard someone received 7m transfer.

He squared the money in luxury items.

His account is now showing -7million
Are you in Niger state? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by Danti19(m): 4:30pm On Jun 27, 2022
Bida guys get ready

6 Likes

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by zicoraads: 4:31pm On Jun 27, 2022
Some young ones were able to make withdrawals. A few persons bought high end phones and made transfers before some of the banks knew what was happening.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by Danti19(m): 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2022
Omoh many people don become millionaire in Niger state because of this momo psb ooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by JustPowerApps(m): 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2022
Banks defrauding MTN grin cheesy This just made my day smiley

Oh sweet KARMA grin
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by ajayiopy: 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2022
dre11:

https://prnigeria.com/2022/06/26/mtn-mobile-money-bank-suffers/

when you leave your telecom business dey shook eyes for Banking, that is what you get.
an average Bank CEO in Nigeria is a fraudster with Govt and Politician supports

9 Likes

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by RillJ(m): 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2022
Much depends on the time-lapse between when the 'erroneous' transfers where made, when MOMO (MTN) realized the error, when MTN notified the relevant banks and more importantly, what the account holders (banks customers) did with the money in that critical time.

Depending on how things played out, part of the money may still be salvaged, ie whatever the customers had not expended before MTN cried out. MTN may resort to police efforts in investigation (costly though) to try and track down the beneficiaries of such 'erroneous' transfers.

Electronic banking to aid fraud like butter make it easier to do justice to bread

1 Like

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by Onigawara(m): 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2022
motionarena:
I heard someone received 7m transfer.

He squared the money in luxury items.

His account is now showing -7million
Rumors
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by maasoap(m): 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2022
EkelediliBuhari:
Sounds like a conspiracy to me.

MTN got it wrong thinking they could just Waltz into the banking sector and take everything.

They should have done dry runs and possibly a little test runs before going public. I believe they are being sabotaged as this is not just a simple fraud.
ithink7:

It's obviously a sabotage.
The banks are really milking customers, so they would do anything to resist positive change.

Lol. Nigerians love their conspiracy theories, always.
Why blaming the banks for MTN mistake?
The erroneous transfers, he claimed, were due to the fact that MOMO PSB Ltd suffered a system exploitation which led to the said debits.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by ecolime(m): 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2022
MTN is on a wild goose chase. Money wey boys don clear cry

You can't hold the Banks liable for your system failure. The best they can do is lien those accounts and blacklist their BVNs.

It's just like Banks suing MTN because a fraudster hacked their account and bought Airtime. Will MTN refund the Bank? Nahh... They can only make refunds if the airtime has not been utilised.

You leave Telecoms wan dey cash out for banking too.. Momo ko, mumu ni. You have to face one.

4 Likes

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by peculiar2233: 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2022
dre11:

Thief carry am, thief take am shocked
Ole gbe, ole gba
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by Saladdin: 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2022
Lolz...
Egungun Don enter express o.

Anyways, we made an exposition on that earlier only that the mods were too busy pushing some irrelevant posts to FP.

https://www.nairaland.com/7156231/momos-fraud-emergency-millionaires-implications

1 Like

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by maasoap(m): 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2022
Quicksilver5:
no wonder, I received money, I withdraw am fast fast, now my account is showing -

You won't tell us how much you withdrew and what you did what the money, right?
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by Cutehector(m): 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2022
Danti19:
Bida guys get ready
lol those people are the problem of Nigeria. All they do is to collect and collect, very lazy set of people. Infact the laziest people ever on earth.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by DroppingLiquid: 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2022
Mobile Money that has been in Ghana for over twelve years, e reach Nigeria under one month them thief am.

4 Likes

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by vanida6: 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2022
I also get that money ooh my sef nah 15millon but nah 5million I survived wit

I don opened hair saloon sef for abuja cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by Ipp1: 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2022
Oh
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by fullnetwork: 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2022
What type of error is this? MTN isn't serious.
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2022
EkelediliBuhari:
Sounds like a conspiracy to me.

MTN got it wrong thinking they could just Waltz into the banking sector and take everything.

They should have done dry runs and possibly a little test runs before going public. I believe they are being sabotaged as this is not just a simple fraud.

It is a sabotage and fraud. I know it would happen. GT Bank might have also suffered similar fate but kept it secret to retain customers confidence. There are so many problems in Nigeria. Internet frauds everywhere. Most of these crimes are perpetrated by Nigerians abroad with their local accomplices. We also have insiders dealings. They can target a particular institution to bring it down

1 Like

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by EkelediliBuhari: 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2022
babaolofin:

It is a sabotage and fraud. I know it would happen. GT Bank might have also suffered similar fate but kept it secret to retain customers confidence. There are so many problems in Nigeria. Internet frauds everywhere. Most of these crimes are perpetrated by Nigerians abroad with their local accomplices. We also have insiders dealings. They can target a particular institution to bring it down

Exactly why they should have kept it quiet
Investors confidence is important
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by Johel(m): 5:04pm On Jun 27, 2022
dre11:

Yes,drag those banks to court,..they are thieves.
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2022
Shebi yesterday I was discussing with my Pastor Engineer friend that I was waiting for 6G Virtual Reality communication device that would have chips inserted into the body, that I don't trust Nigeria Sims or phone and I don't use a phone. He was telling to stop suffering my self, the truth I have retrieve my line from another network because my sim got lost , only to find it still working on the previous network, strangely both sims can access my bank account and transact like it was me, one can make and recieve calls and sms the other can call out , but not recieve call or sms.. so if you end up calling it would be saying switch off. MTN should better find a way to write off that money as bad debt because I am sure the cartel that organise this are well organize , and you would end up knocking at the wrong door... So my pastor friend you see, dey don attack Telecom company wetin me wey no sabi BGP protocol do.
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by WantsandMore: 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2022
EkelediliBuhari:

Exactly why they should have kept it quiet
Investors confidence is important
22billion no be wetin to keep quiet about …

5 Likes

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by TheEnforcer: 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2022
zicoraads:
Some young ones were able to make withdrawals. A few persons bought high end phones and made transfers before some of the banks knew what was happening.
Nigerians and phones? I think it'd due to the poverty situation that people attach such importance to phones in that country. You don't see people in wealthy western nations do that.But in Nigeria, phonez and Cars are a status symbol and the guys have used that destroy lots of girls who obsess about them.If you get my drift

1 Like

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by BadNews: 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2022
That's A Good News To MR BAD NEWS.

MTN NETWORK Na Criminal, Ever Since They Wiped Out All The 12,000naira On My Mtn Number, Since April 6th, 2022, I never see am
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by EkelediliBuhari: 5:14pm On Jun 27, 2022
WantsandMore:

22billion no be wetin to keep quiet about …

They are bigger then it

1 Like

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by TheEnforcer: 5:15pm On Jun 27, 2022
ecolime:
MTN is on a wild goose chase. Money wey boys don clear cry

You can't hold the Banks liable for your system failure. The best they can do is lien those accounts and blacklist their BVNs.

It's just like Banks suing MTN because a fraudster hacked their account and bought Airtime. Will MTN refund the Bank? Nahh... They can only make refunds if the airtime has not been utilised.

You leave Telecoms wan dey cash out for banking too.. Momo ko, mumu ni. You have to face one.
Haha the billions they are making isn't enough for them .They wanna make more and transfer such to SA

1 Like

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by EmemObong03: 5:23pm On Jun 27, 2022
I never see my own o and I still the wait for an alert grin grin grin
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by cigaricon(m): 5:25pm On Jun 27, 2022
Chai many boys use this momo cash out. Na now them dey know

1 Like

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by emmamajesty: 5:26pm On Jun 27, 2022
This momo fraud incident happened in Bida Niger State this month, to be frank Nupe boys really cashed out, many of them got 50m, 10m, 100m, 5m, 500k, 400k 250k or so and it was very massive that very day cos both the people and business men there really cashed out,

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote Lost Half Of His Fortune In The Last 6 Months? / Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down / Nigerians To Pay More For Alcohol, Cigarette As From Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.