Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery (32152 Views)

CBN Directs Banks To Suspend Charges On Deposits Till September / Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers / CBN Orders Banks To Spy On 19 Persons (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by mfm04622: 8:50pm On Jun 27, 2022
Tobylaye:
This can't be serious

Very serious! People applied for loans worth millions and the loans were credited! Most of those money are gone! People withdrew the money and bought cars and other things. People without 1k in their account were credited millions. The money have been spent. Were will they get money to refund?

1 Like

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by Obaman12: 8:52pm On Jun 27, 2022
zicoraads:

Are you in Niger state? cheesy

I am in Minna, Niger. I know why you're asking grin shocked

I wasn't lucky to hear of it when it happened. kiss
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by Obaman12: 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2022
Danti19:
Bida guys get ready
I dey tell you, those guys pulled out big time
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by mfm04622: 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2022
post=114206970:

They should simply bring out the money the same way it was erroneously transfered to the said accounts.
Atleast the money has been traced.

Money people withdrew immediately and spent? People with less than 1k in their accounts were credited millions! Where dem wan see the money? The money still in accounts have been recovered. It is money they have withdrawn they are fighting for now. Momo want records of bank customers that have withdrawn the money. Banks are saying they can't release their customers details without a court order

1 Like

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by mfm04622: 8:55pm On Jun 27, 2022
BritishNaija:
They just want to make Sure MTN do not succeed. MTN is a big threat to them.

Why was MTN system so lax that people were able to exploit it? Go and read what they claimed themselves. Hackers hit them. Whose fault is that? The banks? Or MTN?
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by mfm04622: 8:59pm On Jun 27, 2022
Quicksilver5:
no wonder, I received money, I withdraw am fast fast, now my account is showing -

Better go and repay! You will not like the consequences if they come after you!!
Remember that there is a law in Nigeria that allow financial institutions you owe to take the money from any account you have money in! That money you withdraw has been converted to loan ooo. MTN is not giving up that money. Interest is counting

1 Like

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by mfm04622: 9:00pm On Jun 27, 2022
JustPowerApps:
Banks defrauding MTN grin cheesy This just made my day smiley

Oh sweet KARMA grin

Not banks!
How can banks defraud anybody? People hacked MTN and transferred money to accounts in banks

2 Likes

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by mfm04622: 9:03pm On Jun 27, 2022
Onigawara:

Rumors

Facts!!!

Many have spent the money in useless things! It got to an extent, they bought ALL the bikes ALL town! I mean all sellers sold ALL their bikes. Those that still wanted bikes have to wait till dealers order for more

1 Like

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by myked(m): 9:05pm On Jun 27, 2022
A

1 Like

Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by mastermaestro(m): 9:07pm On Jun 27, 2022
mfm04622:

Facts!!!

Many have spent the money in useless things! It got to an extent, they bought ALL the bikes ALL town! I mean all sellers sold ALL their bikes. Those that still wanted bikes have to wait till dealers order for more

This one loud o. Things are happening in this country. The smart ones would have relocated from Naija by now.
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by mfm04622: 9:07pm On Jun 27, 2022
cigaricon:
True. I hear say money finish for bank in Bida

Money finish! Bikes finish!
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by moodyguy: 9:12pm On Jun 27, 2022
ecolime:

I'm sure you work with Momo PSB.

MTN is suing the banks for recovery. You are the one to read up the writeup again.

Let the courts decide.. lol
The banks requested MTN to go to court to obtain .......... pls read oo
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by seborrhic: 9:56pm On Jun 27, 2022
emmamajesty:
I get u but the issue is those guys no send u, most of them are poor and illiterates that saw that opportunity without minding the consequences
Then they are all going to learn a bitter lesson.
They should plead ignorance or illiteracy to the banks or MoMo or courts and see where that gets them.
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by luluosas(m): 10:47pm On Jun 27, 2022
I hope they will recover the money soon
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by mechanics(m): 10:50pm On Jun 27, 2022
If they cooperates with MTN, many people who claim they are innocent will surely be exposed.
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by 43Ronin: 12:01am On Jun 28, 2022
vanida6:
I also get that money ooh my sef nah 15millon but nah 5million I survived wit

I don opened hair saloon sef for abuja cheesy cheesy

Consider it a loan for now. Cos mtn will get the necessary docs to blacklist your bvn, that means you will never be able to use any bank again until you pay up. That is if they don't use bvn to track and arrest you.
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by Tundex911: 12:53am On Jun 28, 2022
Fear CBN

PEACE ✌️
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by BluntCrazeMan: 3:16am On Jun 29, 2022
Re: Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery by GreaterFuture(m): 10:21am On Jul 01, 2022
vanida6:
I also get that money ooh my sef nah 15millon but nah 5million I survived wit

I don opened hair saloon sef for abuja cheesy cheesy
Are you serious, or kidding around??
Are you seriously serious?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote Lost Half Of His Fortune In The Last 6 Months? / Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down / Nigerians To Pay More For Alcohol, Cigarette As From Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.