Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku (57225 Views)

2023: Wike Will Work For Tinubu – Ibrahim Masari / Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress / Fayose: Why Osinbajo Visited Abuja Salon For Hair Cut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:48am On Jun 30, 2022
CeoMYN:

Please, concentrate on your SE. Leave us in SS alone. There's nothing like SS/SE
Abeggi STFU
Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by Reference(m): 4:53am On Jun 30, 2022
EfonAlaaye2023:
God bless my former Governor

God bless all Ekitis home and abroad
God bless all Yoruba, North and south south
Fayose had spoken, it is the turn of southern Nigeria, when we mean southern we mean sane southern Nigeria, not Biafra - Nigeria
South south and southwest are the only sane southerners in Nigeria. Atiku emergence as PDP presidential flag bearer is victory to Tinubu

Every party has its quirks.
That of the APC is even worse.
That after an eight year term of absolute calamity, it will lose the middle ground with a landslide to start with.
No educated man will vote the APC, simple.

It has to depend on coercion and bribery to attack the countryside and there lies another problem.
It too has a zoning challenge that has excluded the south-east and is intending to test the waters by running on a muslim-muslim ticket hoping its delayed announcement will ease tensions.

Where it got its national balance right it has not got the other two legs, micro-zoning and religious balance, so its ticket hangs precariously and is at risk of disenfranchising vast swathes of the nation, again just like the PDP caused by its inability to rise above the personal ambitions of its leading men.

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by Reference(m): 5:02am On Jun 30, 2022
onuman:

To Paul Ibe, Spokesman of Atiku, FYI:

The biggest challenge is in making a southern Christian to succeed President Buhari, not in kicking out APC.

No saner Nigerian will accept a Fulani Muslim, Atiku, as successor to a Fulani Muslim as president of Nigeria of multi-ethnic and multi-religious faiths.
We have Federal Character principle enshrined in the Constitution of Nigeria. Quota system is also in practice in Nigeria.

Then Goodluck should not have contested for the second term of Yaradua.
He should have completed the term of his principal and then stood down for the north in the interest of the party.
No one had the vision then to see the problems it will create for the party today in the wider context of Nigeria.
That it would be put at a disadvantage when its rival party gets the balance right.

This is the problem with inordinate personal ambition and this disease is afflicting all the leading contestants. What 'doesn't matter' today will become a serious quagmire tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by Fiscus105(m): 5:03am On Jun 30, 2022
kenedy175:

Lol... please where are you from and where are you based?

Atiku Won't split any vote In SE with Peter Obi. That's comical and funny to think of.

Okowa isn't liked by deltans talk more of South South people. Wike would have been a much better option to get a chunk of South South vote for Atiku. SS and SE are for Obi. It's a no brainer

Tinubu may have SW on lockdown. He'll definitely have more votes than the rest in SW.

Atiku has the core north locked down for himself. Obi can get something in the north central. It may not be convincingly.

So this is how I think it will go..

Atiku will take the core north. Kwankwaso will also do well in the north. People thinking that Tinubu stands a chance In the core north don't know how northerners play politics.

The north central will be a battle ground which I think Obi will do well in even if he doesn't get the majority.

SS and SE are already in the cooler for Obi. Wike would have done damage to Obi in the SS if he was Atikus running mate.

SW will be lockedown for Tinubu

My assertions are based on the fact that I'm from the SE, lived almost my whole life in the core north and currently In the SS.

Infact, I salute ur hallucinations, it's second to none bro.

....Yeye Bello, Umahi,Lawal. All did gragra by way of hallucinations more than this, less than a month ago, today, their nerves come down almost lifeless.
Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by OkoAmarashy: 5:05am On Jun 30, 2022
Zeezenho:

Do Lagos have 24 hours light? Lagos was Nigerian Capita since 18th century. tinubu was the worst governor Lagos ever produced.

Peter Obi is the best Anambra produced yet he lives in Lagos. grin
Ngige, lives in Lagos.
Obiano, Lagos too.

Even that fool called Kanu was arrested in a brothel in Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by anonimi: 5:05am On Jun 30, 2022
EfonAlaaye2023:
God bless my former Governor

God bless all Ekitis home and abroad

God bless all Yoruba, North and south south

Fayose had spoken, it is the turn of southern Nigeria, when we mean southern we mean sane southern Nigeria, not Biafra - Nigeria

South south and southwest are the only sane southerners in Nigeria. Atiku emergence as PDP presidential flag bearer is victory to Tinubu

Why should any Ekiti person bless thieves like Fayose and Fayemi who steal money meant to employ enough teachers for free education of everyone?
What thoroughbred Omoluabi will do that when he is not using his left hand to point out his father’s house

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by OkoAmarashy: 5:06am On Jun 30, 2022
EdwardRandy:

It seems Peter Obi is giving you sleepless nights? Just look at how you're running around writing jargons about a man your miserable generation can never produce.

Keep fooling yourself, imbec1le.

I don't respond to UGM casualties that they will soon waste. Keep your stupidity within your region and stop advertising your foolishness.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by anonimi: 5:07am On Jun 30, 2022
OkoAmarashy:
Peter Obi is the best Anambra produced yet he lives in Lagos. grin
Ngige, lives in Lagos.
Obiano, Lagos too.

Even that fool called Kanu was arrested in a brothel in Lagos.

If you are not what you called Kanu, please provide the source of how he was arrested in Lagos, rather than in Kenya. Can you

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by Ezechimaobim(m): 5:17am On Jun 30, 2022
OshokoMole
Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by Nobody: 5:25am On Jun 30, 2022
OkoAmarashy:

I cornered some of those unfortunate Obituary fools on Monday. By the time I was through with them, they left where I was one by one. Very stupid people.

Obi fans are emotional folks who lack intelligence. Tinubu may not be perfect but he is the best of all available today for a million reason.

Obi is the worst because he has zero history of brave, critical, national , resolute and effective leadership of men, processes, institutions and political structure required in a potentially great President.

Being 'stingy' is not enough and it is only emotional and shallow thinkers who would assume so.

One test I want everyone to apply to candidates is the sagacity test. We all know the greatest leaders from Africa like Awolowo, Mandela, Nkrumah, Jomo Kenyatta, Thomas Sankara, Julius Nyerere, Patrice Lumumba etal. Non were cowards like Obi or irresponsible like Atiku.

For those honest with themselves and others, which Nigerian politicians, today, resemble those great African leaders looking dispassionately at the history and achievements of our current Presidential candidates?

Certainly not Obi who is not fit to carry the bag of any of those great leaders or Atiku who is always in Dubai and never available to fight the battle of a Country he tells the world he wants to lead.

Virtually all those leaders where brave and resolute fighter who would confront any challenge on behalf of their Country like Tinubu stood against Abacha at a young age and financed the rebellion against the dictator so Nigeria could gain democracy like most great nations of the world.

At Party level, Tinubu is always in the trenches with his men and women fighting alongside them.

He was in Ekiti recently supporting the APC guber candidate Whereas Atiku and Obi were absent and 'busy'.

Obi only knows how to use political platforms cynically. Ditto Atiku who lived in Dubai and abandoned his responsibility, for three years, as official leader of the opposition after he lost the 2019 election.

I will not even touch on the one of the greatest quality of the greatest leaders Which is that they raise other leaders because even a child born yesterday knows Tinubu is a master of that, in Nigeria, by ten country miles.

It is not rocket science. Any pragmatically intelligent person can see who is the best, by far, to lead Nigeria after Buhari. Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

History gives us examples of similar qualities that some of our greatest African leaders possessed. Only Tinubu has those qualities amongst the prominent candidate running to be Nigeria's President next year. The others are pretenders.

Their history, character, failures, cowardice, irresponsibility, lack of sincerity, scant achievements, lack of enduring principles and even political 'prostitution' confirms this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by MissionaryArchi(m): 5:36am On Jun 30, 2022
OkoAmarashy:

I cornered some of those unfortunate Obituary fools on Monday. By the time I was through with them, they left where I was one by one. Very stupid people.
Always violent and insulting but will accuse & blackmail others as one. Very flexible in playing religion and tribe into politics, I wonder what you guys gain in doing all these. I pity the kinda of children you will grow or growing. This is the kind of leadership that you will propagate & display if eventually your candidate wins. Alot of Yorubas are here in the East making good for themselves and families & no one is cornering them one side to insult or make them see less of themselves.
Please never forget these

Every youth can fly but not every youth will fly
Not all youths are leaders of tomorrow, some are looters of tomorrow..

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by Epicji: 5:53am On Jun 30, 2022
eeetuk:

"Mr Fayose, in an exclusive telephone interview with PREMIUM TIMES, said power must shift to the southern part of Nigeria in 2023 after the expiration of President Muhammadu Buhari’s second term.
According to the former Ekiti governor, Mr Atiku failed to fulfil his promise to Mr Wike when he settled for the Delta State governor, Ifeanyi Okowa, as his running mate."

Who believes Mr. Kayose claim above?
Not me!
That is not a good rationale for me not to support someone. Governor wike will not support any southern candidate for the presidency of Nigeria unless that person is Nyesom Wike. If he says anything less, it is a lie.

And besides, Gov. Wike has no political capital that should be of any concern to Mr. Atiku Abubakar election chances. Mr. Atiku Abubakar will win all the states in South/South and Southeast with or without Mr. Wike support.
And in addition, Mr. Atiku Abubakar will win at least 16 out 19 Northern Nigerian states to win the presidency.

So, if i was advising Gov. wike, I would tell him to get on board with Atiku Abubakar/Ifeanyi Okowa presidential campaign because victory is assured.

Is like some of you don't live in this country.
Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by rolams(m): 5:53am On Jun 30, 2022
Then install a western president in another party Na!

But wait ooo, is this not Fayose that came 3rd in Ekiti? Oh my gosh! This one is not that relevant jareh!

Again, is he avenging Wike's disappointment?
Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 30, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Abeggi STFU

Concentrate on your SE. No dey gum body.

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by OkoAmarashy: 5:56am On Jun 30, 2022
MissionaryArchi:

Always violent and insulting but will accuse & blackmail others as one. Very flexible in playing religion and tribe into politics, I wonder what you guys gain in doing all these. I pity the kinda of children you will grow or growing. This is the kind of leadership that you will propagate & display if eventually your candidate wins. Alot of Yorubas are here in the East making good for themselves and families & no one is cornering them one side to insult or make them see less of themselves.
Please never forget these

Every youth can fly but not every youth will fly
Not all youths are leaders of tomorrow, some are looters of tomorrow..

Please send those Yorubas back and let us send your people here back to the East. Who does this one think he's doing a favour? Are you okay?

FYI, those support Peter Obi are either ignorant of who he really is or repentant Igbos who see him as a means of getting back at others.

I don't insult Peter Obi or his supporters but if any insults me, I will make such supporter hate himself. Secondly, I debate you on Peter Obi's mediocre achievements in Anambra, they usually run away.

Peter Obi used 10 years for a 4 year course and still ended up with a third class. He's beneath me in intellect.

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by dheilaw1(m): 5:57am On Jun 30, 2022
Subsea:
Obi Presidency is all Nigerians need right now. Nigeria's situation is critical at the moment, and the worst thing that would happen to us is for extremely corrupt and business-as-usual type of politicians like Atiku and Tinubu that lavish money on cronies and other corrupt practices to win. Peter Obi who didn't spend shishi to emerge, someone who already hates waste and corruption will definitely ensure that resources are judiciously used for the masses benefit. By cutting out waste, Peter Obi government would be able to re-channel the resources to areas that need it.
shut up and let us hear word
Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by OkoAmarashy: 5:58am On Jun 30, 2022
Dsalvo:

Obi fans are emotional folks who lack intelligence. Tinubu may not be perfect but he is the best of all available today for a million reason.

Obi is the worst because he has zero history of brave, critical, national , resolute and effective leadership of men, processes, institutions and political structure required in a potentially great President.

Being 'stingy' is not enough and it is only emotional and shallow thinkers who would assume so.

One test I want everyone to apply to candidates is the sagacity test. We all know the greatest leaders from Africa like Awolowo, Mandela, Nkrumah, Jomo Kenyatta, Thomas Sankara, Julius Nyerere, Patrice Lumumba etal. Non were cowards like Obi or irresponsible like Atiku.

For those honest with themselves and others, which Nigerian politicians, today, resemble those great African leaders looking dispassionately at the history and achievements of our current Presidential candidates?

Certainly not Obi who is not fit to carry the bag of any of those great leaders or Atiku who is always in Dubai and never available to fight the battle of a Country he tells the world he wants to lead.

Virtually all those leaders where brave and resolute fighter who would confront any challenge on behalf of their Country like Tinubu stood against Abacha at a young age and financed the rebellion against the dictator so Nigeria could gain democracy like most great nations of the world.

At Party level, Tinubu is always in the trenches with his men and women fighting alongside them.

He was in Ekiti recently supporting the APC guber candidate Whereas Atiku and Obi were absent and 'busy'.

Obi only knows how to use political platforms cynically. Ditto Atiku who lived in Dubai and abandoned his responsibility, for three years, as official leader of the opposition after he lost the 2019 election.

I will not even touch on the one of the greatest quality of the greatest leaders Which is that they raise other leaders because even a child born yesterday knows Tinubu is a master of that, in Nigeria, by ten country miles.

It is not rocket science. Any pragmatically intelligent person can see who is the best, by far, to lead Nigeria after Buhari. Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

History gives us examples of similar qualities that some of our greatest African leaders possessed. Only Tinubu has those qualities amongst the prominent candidate running to be Nigeria's President next year. The others are pretenders.

Their history, character, failures, cowardice, irresponsibility, lack of sincerity, scant achievements, lack of enduring principles and even political 'prostitution' confirms this.

Obi is an unproductive fellow, a shallow thinker, a liar, an hypocrite and a notorious coward.

He has only won 1 election in his life and that's his second term election. The selfish failure betrayed Ojukwu and refused to facilitate medical treat for him when he was dying. That is Ojukwu that have this lying crook a platform to contest election on.

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by CommonSense1967: 5:58am On Jun 30, 2022
Subsea:
Obi Presidency is all Nigerians need right now. Nigeria's situation is critical at the moment, and the worst thing that would happen to us is for extremely corrupt and business-as-usual type of politicians like Atiku and Tinubu that lavish money on cronies and other corrupt practices to win. Peter Obi who didn't spend shishi to emerge, someone who already hates waste and corruption will definitely ensure that resources are judiciously used for the masses benefit. By cutting out waste, Peter Obi government would be able to re-channel the resources to areas that need it.
Nigeria doesn't need a lying Peter Obi-tuary with no ounce of ideas on how to move the country forward.

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by ityP(m): 5:59am On Jun 30, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Fayose and wike may support obi because it's the same grievance that got obi out

No shaking in Rivers btw, na rivers people dey decide wetin happen

Wike support Obi? grin Stop this boss. Obi that Wike has insulted so much. The man has never said anything bad about Tinubu. He will rather support Tinubu than Obi, who he personally pushed out of PDP. For Fayose, are you actually just knowing that the man has been a Tinubu man from time immemorial? grin Hear him speak of Tinubu, you'd think he is in APC.

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by Maccar02: 6:00am On Jun 30, 2022
Reason why obi can never be president
helinues:

What has Obi done for them before to warrant their support?

Since 2019 election loss, has Obi got involved in any of the election Pdp took part in? Edo, Kogi, Osun
Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by ityP(m): 6:01am On Jun 30, 2022
360Master:
The confusion in both APC & PDP was installed by God for the actualization of a New Nigeria. Peter Obi is the right candidate. And this time, we must get it right.

Nigerian youths, let’s rise. Peter Obi 2023.

Wike is Obidient .

Same Wike that pursue Obi out of PDP is Obidient? Una dey smoke something wey Una never tell us about o
Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by Back2Daura(m): 6:02am On Jun 30, 2022
If PDP was a sensible party, people like atiku shouldn't have been cleared to contest a presidential election after making them lose federal power.
Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by Grace4us: 6:06am On Jun 30, 2022
Well said, Remain blessed
Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by ityP(m): 6:09am On Jun 30, 2022
kenedy175:

Lol... please where are you from and where are you based?

Atiku Won't split any vote In SE with Peter Obi. That's comical and funny to think of.

Okowa isn't liked by deltans talk more of South South people. Wike would have been a much better option to get a chunk of South South vote for Atiku. SS and SE are for Obi. It's a no brainer

Tinubu may have SW on lockdown. He'll definitely have more votes than the rest in SW.

Atiku has the core north locked down for himself. Obi can get something in the north central. It may not be convincingly.

So this is how I think it will go..

Atiku will take the core north. Kwankwaso will also do well in the north. People thinking that Tinubu stands a chance In the core north don't know how northerners play politics.

The north central will be a battle ground which I think Obi will do well in even if he doesn't get the majority.

SS and SE are already in the cooler for Obi. Wike would have done damage to Obi in the SS if he was Atikus running mate.

SW will be lockedown for Tinubu

My assertions are based on the fact that I'm from the SE, lived almost my whole life in the core north and currently In the SS.

You do not know the South South o. Only state Obi can get reasonable number of votes in the SS is Edo and that's because Obaseki is currently structureless in that state. For the core North, if you've truly stayed in the core north then you should know better. Those guys vote interest more than they vote their person. If Kwankwaso was in PDP as their flagbearer, he will get the core north in lockdown. Not an Atiku. Atiku has never been liked by the core north. He wouldn't serve their interest. If you no be fanatic, them no sabi you. They also do not regard a Yoruba Muslim that much. But here is the trick. They'll not be able to resist a Muslim -Muslim ticket. Tinubu picking a northern Muslim as running mate is all he needs to lockdown the core northern states. Also, he has built a very good number of allies there, allies even Atiku doesn't have. North no dey swayed by money o.

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by ityP(m): 6:13am On Jun 30, 2022
stanluiz:
So you want Nigeria to like Lagos that is the most 2nd unlivable city in the world.

Even war torn tripoli in Libya is more livable than Lagos grin

Why won't it be the most unliveable city? It is the smallest state in Nigeria, but the most populated. Note, it is not the most unliveable because of crime or terrorism grin, but as a result of overpopulation. If only those in Anambra can stay there and not all troop to Lagos for a better life, then and only then can Lagos stop being unliveable
Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by grammarian247(m): 6:16am On Jun 30, 2022
Move2:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/539900-why-wike-will-not-support-atiku-fayose.html

If it is not a shift to the South East, then it is case of a bird that leaves the ground to perch on an anthill, the bird is still perched on the ground. You cannot be talking about power rotation and not mean to the South East.

You can get your expected IELTS band score at a sitting; you only need to ring me up: 08038999587.
Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by ityP(m): 6:17am On Jun 30, 2022
kenedy175:

You're very right. People that haven't lived In the north think Tinubu stands a chance there. I just laugh when I hear them say this. Northerners will never abandon their own. Never!!

The NC is going to be a battle ground as you said. I can't really see a convincing winner there.

Lagos vote go shock people sha. Even if Tinubu wins Lagos, Obi won't lose Lagos. Lol

Putting the abysmal performance of APC in the last 8 years, this election is clearly not In their favor.

Las las, 2023 presidential election is between Obi and Atiku everything being equal.

Only a political neophyte would open his mouth and say it is between Obi and Atiku grin You guys know the political alliance Tinubu has built over the years? grin Since democracy began, only the north has not renegade on their promise. Even Buhari that you all shouted will do 3rd term do not even want to hear about it. OBJ attempted it. GEJ renegade on his promise to the North. Only the North has stayed true. Tinubu will win core northern states by a landslide; APC states.

4 Likes

Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by ityP(m): 6:21am On Jun 30, 2022
RHMSTECH:
you are right but apc is going to win because they won’t lose all of the northern states and the ones they lose won’t be by a big margin. Peter obi might win SE and SS, but he won’t even get a million votes in the north.

Obi can't even win SS. Structure wins elections. Most South South people sef are averse to a Southeastern Presidency. Ask them what happened in the Civil war. They will still vote Atiku and Tinubu will now get some chunk of votes from there. Obi will find it hard to get 5% of votes from many northern states
Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by ityP(m): 6:24am On Jun 30, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Tinubu would need more than 30% in Rivers.He is not Buhari and will not win the North over Atiku and Kwankwaso.Even at that I still don't see Tinubu even getting the 30%

Tinubu will even win in Kano. Forget all these your analysis. Kwankwaso will get massive votes in Kano but even at that Tinubu will win the state. Politics is local

3 Likes

Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by Carlosdd: 6:24am On Jun 30, 2022
CondemnBattery:
It would be stupid for anyone that mean well for this country to support either of Atiku or Tinubu.

Labour Party all the way

It’s only a fool and idiot who will think that he is right and others wrong , Obi is the worst among the 3 you mention , a great pretender , Asiwaju is a man with few words but full of action , tested and trusted. His goodwill is speaking and working for him .
Re: Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku by JBoss25(m): 6:25am On Jun 30, 2022
RHMSTECH:
you are right but apc is going to win because they won’t lose all of the northern states and the ones they lose won’t be by a big margin. Peter obi might win SE and SS, but he won’t even get a million votes in the north.
it will shock you how this revolution go enter north, Peter Obi will win mark my words

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Moment Obasanjo Was Spotted At The Airport As He Jets Out Of Nigeria- APC UK / MC Oluomo Celebrates Tinubu's Presidential Win (Video) / Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.