Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,101 members, 7,828,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists (5850 Views)

Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC / Oshiomhole Vows To Remain APC Chairman, Despite Court Orders / I Remain APC Senatorial Candidate – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by Metrix147: 7:25pm On Jul 06, 2022
I Remain Abia Central Senatorial Candidate, I Can't Be Substituted With Someone Who Never Bought Form — Onuigbo

Member representing Ikwuano/Umuahia Federal Constituency of Abia State, Rep. Sam Onuigbo has maintained that he is the authentic candidate of All Progressives Congress APC for Abia Central Senatorial District, insisting that he won the primaries of the party.

The APC had however substituted his name with that of Hon. Emeka Atuma under controversial circumstances.

Reacting to the development, Hon. Onuigbo in a chat with newsmen recently said the substitution of his name will not hold water as he has every evidence to authenticate his claim that he won the primaries.

He expressed dismay that someone, who, according to him, did not buy Senatorial form, nor participated in the Senatorial Primary Election could mysteriously emerge a candidate.

“It is therefore so strange to us that someone who did not buy nomination forms for the Senate, never participated in the preliminary processes, that is completing your form, submitting, participating in screening and being cleared by the party, from nowhere had his name listed to substitute my own name. It is one of the strangest things I have ever seen. It is so shocking”

He further stated, “And, as a confirmation of the fact that I was the candidate of the party, they issued me with Form EC9, which is from INEC (Independent National Electoral Commission), which is given to only successful candidates.

“They asked me to complete that form and I completed the form and returned it on June 14. And, after returning it, it was acknowledged by one of the officers there, Emmanuel or so. After that, I was required to sign in a column where my name was already indicated as the APC candidate for Abia Central Senatorial District, where, after signing, you were also required to put in your phone number.

“On that document, my name was listed as number one, Senator Orji Uzo Kalu was number two. He signed before me and put his phone number, then Blessing Nwagba and I also signed and put our phone numbers. So, I believed everything was going well, until June 16th, when they issued the list of candidates for the election to represent APC and my name was missing," Rep Onuigbo explained.

Onuigbo further stated that INEC has already issued him with the Certified True Copy of his result which is a further and concrete evidence that he won the primary election and therefore the APC CANDIDATE for Abia Central Senatorial District.

According to him, the Electoral Act, 2022 makes it difficult for his name or that of any candidate who emerged through primary to be substituted for another person who ab-initio was never part of the Senatorial Primary Election for Abia Central Senatorial Ticket or elsewhere.

He said any attempt to foist candidates from backdoor will amount to political gangsterism, which the Electoral Act 2022 does not recognise.

“This is pure political gangsterism. They hijack a position that they never contested for and then, after the election, they now sit in their office and use resources that they are getting from their loots, from their fraudulent conduct to now be fighting the genuine individual. So, it is important for this to be stopped before the general election and that is why we did it”, referring to the enactment of the Electoral Act, 2022.

Rep Onuigbo, who represented the South East Geopolitical Zone in the Joint Technical Committee of the National Assembly that put together the Electoral Act 2022 stated that there are many sections of the Act that were enacted to cure this kind of mischief. The Joint Technical Committee was chaired by Sen Kabiru Gaya and Co-chaired by Hon Aisha Dukku. Other members were Sen Ekweremadu, Sen Shekarau, Sen Bamidele, and Sen Yau. Other members were Hon Magaji, Hon Bob, Hon Mohammed Ari and Hon Adigun. In the Committee, we worked with INEC, Ministry of Justice and the Civil Society Organisation.

According to the Federal Legislator, these are Sections 29(1), 31 and 33. Rep Onuigbo revealed that Section 84(1) states that "a political party seeking to nominate candidates for elections under this Act shall hold primaries for aspirants to all elective positions which shall be monitored by the Commission." Commission in this case means INEC.

Onuigbo further declared that Section 84(13) states that, "where a political party fails to comply with the provisions of this Act in the conduct of its primaries, its candidate for election shall not be included in the election for the particular position in issue." Onuigbo said laws are enacted or amended to improve activities of human beings or citizens who make up the society in order to achieve peace, development and good governance and not to return to a state of nature or political banditry. He concluded by stating that the nation is moving forward and not not backwards.
Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/2023-remain-abia-central-senatorial-candidate-cant-substituted-someone-never-bought-form-rep-onuigbo/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by DaniDani(m): 7:44pm On Jul 06, 2022
APC is really not serious in Abia politics of 2023. Guber flag bearer Umuhia, Abia central senate candidate Umuhia, that means nothing for Isialangwa north&south, and Osisioma. PDP in their own part is serious loosing strong party men that helps win election for them. You loose Ginger onwusibe, abaribe, iheyinwa, Nana, and other top men. APGA, LABOUR PARTY, AND YPP should take it all in Abia politics come 2023.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by Eriokanmi: 9:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
For real? Who still reckons with the failed party. Within 24 hours, 2 horrible events happened...Buhari's convoy was attacked in which an unspecified number of people lost their lives but they killed the matter and said only 2 people were injured grin

They first lied to Nigerians earlier today that only shootings were heard around kuje prison but the security operatives had calmed the situation whereas, bokonharam actually had a successful entry and released their members while inmates trooped out like termites in the process. This isn't the Nigeria we craved, oh Lord.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by Eduyand: 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2022
For where
Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by Boypata: 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2022
Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by ClassicMan202(m): 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2022
APC... Association of Past and Present Criminals

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by 6ixVille: 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2022
Yo
Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by kennyz247(m): 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2022
wahala and hatred no dey finish for ds land of the rising sun oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by owiko(m): 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2022
Agbado and Cassava is a wicked combination. I do not see the possibility of any youth surviving being fed with it, while fighting as a volunteer in the military.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by heytgad: 9:12pm On Jul 06, 2022
Fúck APC
Fúck PDP
Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by New007: 9:13pm On Jul 06, 2022
Excellent. Stand on your mandate with all your might. It's your right.

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by Mikeeytools: 9:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
This fool still dey talk rubbish. Country don turn upside down you dey talk apc.
Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by abobote: 9:15pm On Jul 06, 2022
As if he will see stand a chance as APC candidate
Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by jkpbestseries: 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
na ur business
Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by Evaromantik(m): 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
Anything APC is a waste of time.
Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by Dirister1990: 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2022
My friend is Onuigbo's direct P.A. The bridge he worked has killed not less than 5 person's because it later collapsed due to improper job done and without good materials.My friend has also stopped picking my calls because of their stinginess.Nonsense people
Metrix147:
I Remain Abia Central Senatorial Candidate, I Can't Be Substituted With Someone Who Never Bought Form — Onuigbo

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/2023-remain-abia-central-senatorial-candidate-cant-substituted-someone-never-bought-form-rep-onuigbo/
Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by Seniorwriter(m): 9:25pm On Jul 06, 2022
No comment to his statement comes to mind...so I'll just post below...

This present buhari maladministration has taken the bar to all high in wickedness!.

We need vote into all leadership positions young visionary leaders come 2023 and most importantly vote out both APC & PDP alike.

@Seniorwriter
Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by fergie001: 9:31pm On Jul 06, 2022
DaniDani:
APC is really not serious in Abia politics of 2023. Guber flag bearer Umuhia, Abia central senate candidate Umuhia, that means nothing for Isialangwa north&south, and Osisioma. PDP in their own part is serious loosing strong party men that helps win election for them. You loose Ginger onwusibe, abaribe, iheyinwa, Nana, and other top men. APGA, LABOUR PARTY, AND YPP should take it all in Abia politics come 2023.
There is a sharing formula;
If the Gov is from the Ikwuano/Umuahia axis... Ngwa takes Senate and vice-versa.

When T A Orji was Governor, Nkechi Nwaogu from Ngwa had the Senate, Chris Adighije from Umuahia was dropped for her.

When Ikpeazu became Gov..even though from another Senatorial Zone but Ngwa, it went to Ikwuano/Umuahia.

Now that the PDP candidate is from Isiala-Ngwa, the Senate cannot be zoned to them again but return to the Umuahia/Ikwuano axis.

Let me leave others for now and face Abaribe. The outgoing Gov is from his Zone and indeed LGA, so after 8 years of the Governor, he expects to take another 8 years again.

Is Abia State composed of only Obi-Ngwa LGA..... Many are even angry at the choice of another Ngwa man let alone someone from the same LGA. He now runs to APGA and instead of taking Guber, he is going back to Senate, yet wants Presidency to be zoned to SE. This is someone who has been in the Senate since 2007.

For Onuigbo, I pity him.
The same thing happening in Yobe North is happening here.
He has two options:
- Accept in good fate.
-Go to Court and APC will not have a Candidate.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by DaniDani(m): 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2022
fergie001:

If the Gov is from the Ikwuano/Umuahia axis... Ngwa takes Senate and vice-versa.

When T A Orji was Governor, Nkechi Nwaogu from Ngwa had the Senate, Chris Adighije from Umuahia was dropped for her.

When Ikpeazu became Gov..even though from another Senatorial Zone but Ngwa, it went to Ikwuano/Umuahia.

Now that the PDP candidate is from Isiala-Ngwa, the Senate cannot be zoned to them again but return to the Umuahia/Ikwuano axis.

Let me leave others for now and face Abaribe. The outgoing Gov is from his Zone and indeed LGA, so after 8 years of the Governor, he expects to take another 8 years again.

Is Abia State composed of only Obi-Ngwa LGA..... Many are even angry at the choice of another Ngwa man let alone someone from the same LGA. He now runs to APGA and instead of taking Guber, he is going back to Senate, yet wants Presidency to be zoned to SE. This is someone who has been in the Senate since 2007.

For Onuigbo, I pity him.
He has two options:
- Accept in good fate.

The that will replace onuigbo is from which local government?
Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by fergie001: 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2022
DaniDani:

The that will replace onuigbo is from which local government?
The Senate in Abia Central was zoned to Ikwuano LGA, since T A Orji from Umuahia is finishing 8 years next year.

The PDP Candidate, Chris Akobundu is from Oloko, Ikwuano LGA.

Onuigbo is from Ibere, Ikwuano LGA.
Emeka Atuma, the candidate he was replaced with is from Ntalakwu, Ikwuano LGA.

His opponent at the Primary who was sworn-in as a Minister today, Ikoh is from Ahuwa, Ikwuano LGA.

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by Promiseisaac(m): 10:42pm On Jul 06, 2022
I just want u guys to know Onuigbo is a criminal and shouldn’t be given that ticket
Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by garfield1: 11:19pm On Jul 06, 2022
fergie001:

For Onuigbo, I pity him.
He has two options:
- Accept in good fate.

If he goes to court,he will be reinstated.abia apc has affirmed ogah as their candidate
Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by fergie001: 11:38pm On Jul 06, 2022
garfield1:

If he goes to court,he will be reinstated.abia apc has affirmed ogah as their candidate
Abia APC didn't.....INEC recognised Ogah because he used Direct Primary. The APC NWC wrote to INEC for direct, Ogah used Direct, Emenike used Indirect.

INEC is likely to stick with Ogah.

For Onuigbo, there is a caveat. The Senatorial Primary didn't produce a winner. Nobody was announced winner.....so if he goes to Court, he can't claim to have won.
Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by garfield1: 12:11am On Jul 07, 2022
fergie001:
Abia APC didn't.....INEC recognised Ogah because he used Direct Primary. The APC NWC wrote to INEC for direct, Ogah used Direct, Emenike used Indirect.

INEC is likely to stick with Ogah.

For Onuigbo, there is a caveat. The Senatorial Primary didn't produce a winner. Nobody was announced winner.....so if he goes to Court, he can't claim to have won.

Wow,you didnt tell me since na.well,this changes my calculations.it means apc chances of winning abia is 45%.

As far as he had the highest votes,he will be declared
Re: 2023: I Remain APC Abia Central Senatorial Candidate — Rep Onuigbo Insists by fergie001: 12:39am On Jul 07, 2022
garfield1:
Wow,you didnt tell me since na.well,this changes my calculations.it means apc chances of winning abia is 45%.
It will be difficult.....
Otti & Gregory Ibe will share votes with Ogah. Emenike and those in Umuahia won't even work for him.
PDP Deputy is from Umunneochi.
If there is any slip in Abia, it will be for the Presidency.

As far as he had the highest votes,he will be declared
There was a deadlock. He was winning with 4 or 6 votes then some malpractice was discovered. The Electoral Committee Chairman then decided he will get back after contacting Abuja.. That was the last.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me! / REPORT: Yar'adua Is Brain-Damaged / Governor Jang Is Ripe For International Criminal Court - Saharareporters.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.