Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? (7953 Views)

She Came To Do Her Assignment And You Met Her Like This / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Goldieluks: 7:11pm On Jul 28, 2011
livedit:

Hi Phate07!

I'm sorry brother, I'm going to have to disagree with you. That is NOT a fact. That's an opinion/rumor. Not every relationship was destined to be put together one specific way. People can meet in the silliest or craziest ways. It don't always have to be you out at an event, work, or walking down the street or hallway and bump into someone. It's not like an old LL Cool J back in the day video when you driving past and pick a girl up standing at the bus stop licking on a lollipop.

What IS fact, if God haven't joined the two together. He won't keep together. So that goes for any way you meet someone.

Well said.
When the op mentioned 'online'
He wasn't talking about NL.some people keep viewing the world from their room window.smh.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 28, 2011
We shd think outside d box. If we met on any site, of course we would still meet&date physical to test compatibility. Once sorted good, marriage straight after GOD
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by claremont(m): 9:24pm On Jul 28, 2011
I wonder why people choose to ignore scientific evidence, but prefer to believe in fairy tales and myths. At the end of the day, these are the same people who will be blaming the devil for their own misfortune, a misfortune they caused themselves with their own hands. Devil is sitting down somewhere minding his own business, yet people continue to blame him for actions they caused themselves .
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by BABE3: 9:28pm On Jul 28, 2011
claremont:

I wonder why people choose to ignore scientific evidence, but prefer to believe in fairy tales and myths. At the end of the day, these are the same people who will be blaming the devil for their own misfortune, a misfortune they caused themselves with their own hands. Devil is sitting down somewhere minding his own business, yet people continue to blame him for actions they caused themselves .

undecided What has science got to the with online dating?

@ Topic: Why're you asking? Are they not human-beings?
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by MrsChima(f): 10:24pm On Jul 28, 2011
REALITY101:

Mr/Mrs Chima is a good example they re still together

Keep fishing culo. Not everyone has to go online to find a man or woman. How is it working for you though? lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Goldieluks: 10:33pm On Jul 28, 2011
Kmt.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 28, 2011
im not sure @ topic.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 28, 2011
@Mrs. Chima Besar mi ano interior y me dicen lo que saben como. . Te amo no lo hace?
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by MrsChima(f): 12:50am On Jul 29, 2011
REALITY101:

@Mrs. Chima Besar mi ano interior y me dicen lo que saben como. . Te amo no lo hace?

No, gracias negro,  Mi boca pertenece al Mr. Chima solo y encontrar que algunos negocios.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 1:54am On Jul 29, 2011
Que el pene del Sr. Chima China ni siquiera la función. . Chupar la mía y yo te daré un poco de dinero fresco
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by isalegan2: 2:09am On Jul 29, 2011
claremont:

Anyone who believes that his/her heart is leading him/her to an online relationship should slap him/her self away from dreaming. It's like continuing to believe that the earth is flat, when the overwhelming scientific facts point otherwise!

Why are you stressing, old boy?!  You don't believe in love at all, so what's it to you where love happens?  undecided
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-710247.0.html

shocked
Isale_Gan2, You Will Meet Your True Love Online
You value deep, authentic relationships. You're not big on small talk.
You are a complex and deep person. There are many layers to who you are.
Your true love is a person of substance. You are repelled by superficiality.

http://www.blogthings.com/wherewillyoumeetyourtruelovequiz/

Oh dear gawd, say it ain't so!  If the crystal ball says it's Claremont, I will kill my internet and my computer. lol.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by MrsChima(f): 2:13am On Jul 29, 2011
REALITY101:

Que el pene del Sr. Chima China ni siquiera la función. . Chupar la mía y yo te daré un poco de dinero fresco

Prefiero beber veneno y nadar en un tanque lieno de piranas. NO GRACIAS!!!!! Esta un poco obeseionado con el pene de mi marido. lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by MrsChima(f): 2:14am On Jul 29, 2011
isale_gan2:

Why are you stressing, old boy?!  You don't believe in love at all, so what's it to you where love happens?  undecided
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-710247.0.html

shocked
Isale_Gan2, You Will Meet Your True Love Online
You value deep, authentic relationships. You're not big on small talk.
You are a complex and deep person. There are many layers to who you are.
Your true love is a person of substance. You are repelled by superficiality.

http://www.blogthings.com/wherewillyoumeetyourtruelovequiz/

Oh dear gawd, say it ain't so!  If the crystal ball says it's Claremont, I will kill my internet and my computer. lol.

grin grin shocked shocked
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by isalegan2: 2:24am On Jul 29, 2011
lol  grin   I forgot the (non-existent) sarcasm smiley. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just kidding, bro!  Love will find you.  smiley
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 2:25am On Jul 29, 2011
Acabo de semen en tu boca
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by MrsChima(f): 3:05am On Jul 29, 2011
Muchas culo Nigga.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 3:11am On Jul 29, 2011
Hahaha your a mess
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Roland17(m): 3:33am On Jul 29, 2011
In as much as i would support the union since they love each other and feel each possesses qualities they want in a wife or husband as the case may be, i would not fail to advise that they court for sometime instead of rushing into marriage, am scared they are basing their early judgement on physical attributes and are scared of finding faults with each other.

More time together before marriage would reveal if they are truly compatible for marriage.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Phate07(m): 4:36am On Jul 29, 2011
livedit:

Hi Phate07!

I'm sorry brother, I'm going to have to disagree with you.  That is NOT a fact.  That's an opinion/rumor.  Not every relationship was destined to be put together one specific way.  People can meet in the silliest or craziest ways.  It don't always have to be you out at an event, work, or walking down the street or hallway and bump into someone.  It's not like an old LL Cool J back in the day video when you driving past and pick a girl up standing at the bus stop licking on a lollipop. 

What IS fact, if God haven't joined the two together. He won't keep together.  So that goes for any way you meet someone. 

Read my post again. I said online relationships are known to be dangerous and ALMOST ALWAYS fails. And that still is a freaking FACT!

I know some people have been able to have successful online relationships, you and your husband being an obvious example. But it still can not negate the obvious pitfalls involved in trying to date online. Only those that have an infalliable trust in the goodness of the human heart(and mind) do bother with online dating. And i dont have such trust.

And as i also said, to your tents O Isreal. To each his/her opinion.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Agnesqueen(f): 5:45am On Jul 29, 2011
@Op
Yes i can marry someone i met online on certain conditions.
1. I have seen them and they look like what they described to me, pictures will not do it for me because those can be stolen. We need to video chat (skype, oovoo, whatever)
2. They did not lie about anything (age, race, career, personal information, etc, )
3.Their background check comes out clean. (A woman can never be too safe)
4They are not a bum (self sustainability is important).
5. The exes and i can find them do not all have negative things to say about him.

Everything i just listed i would do it on the person i met at a church or party or even library. Online dating is no different than meeting someone spontaneously. I believe its just another tool to better a person's prospect of finding a partner. People often go into it naive about reality and they end up broken hearted, broke from being played , or worse hurt or killed by a predator.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by gloria22(f): 9:36am On Jul 29, 2011
it doesn't matter whr u met her, if u luv her why not go ahead b4 u' wl say had i know.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by 190: 10:50am On Jul 29, 2011
mzdarkskin are u reading the responses embarassed embarassed
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 29, 2011
She's not into you dude
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:32pm On Jul 29, 2011
[size=13pt]This is a very interesting thread I've been missing and no one even care to gimme a wink *

Well , all the same I STILL make it here at last ^^ grin grin

Marrying on~line may not be so easy but possible , I have been on internet relation with several ladies and most of them have been asking my hands in marriage even though they haven't seen me face to face . They're convince with uploaded photos , videos , my wall post (s) , commentaries on groups , and other events in common , on chat , exchanging of phone contact , and so much more .

like years ego , that was 2008 i have one Thailandise girl friend ~ Muna ~ aka Cheekie Peexie propose my hands in marriage insisting that age or distance does not matter but the most important is the love she have to me ~ i have been a very good friend online and on the phone hearing my voice . I dunno know how to refuse her but i stylishly make her known she's not my choice of wife even though , she'll always and ready to do my VISA and everything possible to make sure i spend all my life with her in Thai ~ I would have love to share deep on em .

On~line relationships do work well , i have friends who found their soulmate on line . wink
[/size]
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by MrsChima(f): 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2011
Still LMAO@ the term "Online Relationship". grin grin grin grin grin

Everything I see that word I keep hearing the song Computer Love. cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Phate07(m): 4:50pm On Jul 29, 2011

^^I know you want to meet Phate. wink
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by livedit(f): 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2011
Phate07:

Read my post again. I said online relationships are known to be dangerous and ALMOST ALWAYS fails. And that still is a freaking FACT!

I know some people have been able to have successful online relationships, you and your husband being an obvious example. But it still can not negate the obvious pitfalls involved in trying to date online. Only those that have an infalliable trust in the goodness of the human heart(and mind) do bother with online dating. And i dont have such trust.

And as i also said, to your tents O Isreal. To each his/her opinion.

Okay Phate07. smiley Livedit isn't the one to be argue. It's not that serious. That is your opinion and I respect that.

Mrs.Chima:

Still LMAO@ the term "Online Relationship". grin grin grin grin grin

Everything I see that word I keep hearing the song Computer Love. cheesy

Hey Mrs. Chima!!

Lol. Girl, do you know my sister put that song as my ringtone on her phone? I was like what the? Too funny!
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2011
[size=13pt]Mrs. Chima darling. . . . what do you think or feel about online relationship ?  grin

I hope you're not on a long thing inside your conscience now . . .  cheesy cheesy wink
[/size]

Mrs.Chima:

Still LMAO@ the term "Online Relationship".  grin grin grin grin grin

Everything I see that word I keep hearing the song Computer Love.   cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2011
claremont:

Why do u say so?
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Phate07(m): 5:11pm On Jul 29, 2011

Livedit, you are welcome to your own opinion too. Cheers! wink
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by livedit(f): 5:19pm On Jul 29, 2011
Phate07:

Livedit, you are welcome to your own opinion too. Cheers! wink

Why thank you sir! Just sneaky Phate07! grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Tosinville(m): 5:30pm On Jul 29, 2011
Why not?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nigerian And A White Guy Exchange Hilarious Racist Jabs On Twitter / Hips & Breast Alert! Photos Of This Actress In Tight Gown Is All You Need To See / A Mother Lied To Her 3 Daughters For 25 Years That They Were Raped By Their Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.