Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,141 members, 7,849,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:20 AM

Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket (21593 Views)

Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC / 2023: Most Nigerians Prefer Mixed-Faith Presidential Ticket – New Poll / Sheikh Haliru Abdullahi Maraya Warns Against Same-Faith Presidential Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 17, 2022
helinues:

You know there shouldn't have been anything like UGM in SE considering the region is christian dominated
Oh yes I know. And they are highly condemned too. But verily I tell you, it's in the nature of Muslims n northerners to grab territories. The same thing is in the blood of South easterners to behave haphazardly when they are agitating. The UGM n co ll soon be fully uncovered like boko haram n co. So we ll know who's pretending n who are the culprits.
But I insist, Tinubu messed up with his desperation. The Muslim Muslim ticket is too much to take. Who even enjoyed APC sef?
Fuc k APC, fuc k PDP and any other mofo party/candidates.
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by Sunday2021: 8:26am On Jul 17, 2022
helinues:

Toh

But the thing don dey look like barking ni
this is democracy, there is freedom of barking.
It is better to bark than killing innocent girl like Deborah.
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by stano2(m): 8:29am On Jul 17, 2022
FuckSilly:
Igbos....

Since una want turn this election matter to tribal or religious war, I WONDER WHO THE IGBO MUSLIMS ARE SUPPORTING.

I know a lot of Yorubas and Hausa/fulanis supporting Obi but one can hardly see any true Igbo person supporting Tinubu and this doesn't make sense.

I'M NOT A FAN OF ATIKU AND TINUBU BUT ONE THIS IS SURE,

PETER OBI CAN NEVER BE THE PRESIDENT OF THIS COUNTRY.
You are a Tinubu fan.. accept it with your full chest.
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by Eriokanmi: 8:29am On Jul 17, 2022
helinues:
How many threads are you people going to create about this Muslim Muslim ticket?

Hope no be say some people's life are stuck in politics
Take it or you leave it, politics is what concerns us all, Muslims oo, Christians oo, traditionalists oo, atheist oo. Cos the choice we make is going to affect us all collectively. When boko haram abducted the kaduna abuja train passengers, both Christians and Muslims were among the captives. Now that fuel is extensive, we all buy at same price at the pump. One Religion dominating a political party is a bad omen for Nigerians. I'm Christian but voted fashola a muslim, I also voted buhari in 2015 and openly campaigned for him. A reasonable muslim would also think this way when voting a candidate of their choice.

When you talk of religon, it can't be taken away from our political space cos its interwoven. Otherwise, buhari and other northerners wouldn't be rushing down south east time to pick Christians, religious leaders for that matter as ruining mate. Tell your mentor he won't win because of his bad choice. Its obvious he's quite desperate. He ought to have asked our leaders how they did it successfully.

Had Tinubu fared well in the south as wrongly claimed, he doesn't need the northern leaders to dictate to him on his choice of a running mate. Jonathan lost in the north but won massively in the south and middle belt. The outcome of the just concluded osun election is a proof tinubu had been using force on us to gain relevance. Don't forget osun is his state of origin. If he couid lose osun, lagos isn't sure for him. As a typical lagosian, we know who be omo onilę and atohun rin wa. Make I no talk much. I'd remind you of today after the presidential election.

The north knows Tinubu's height of desperation. See how the northern youths are mocking him. That shows there's problem ahead for him. They know the choice of a muslim as running mate wasn't borne out of a genuine mind. They know its a very wrong formation, likewise if any aspirant had picked a Christian-Christian ticket. Citing mko as an example is an insult. MKO was a man of the people. He had lifted lots of yoruba, hausa and igbo from poverty amd made them millionaires for life. Tinubu would never give you shishi, if you don't belong to his camp. His outburst is also of a great concern, his manners too. A leader is supposed to be of decent a mind. Nigeria of the 90s isn't same of Nigeria of today too. We're already divided. Bokonharam say their leaders had failed them so the need a country where Islamic law would be their guide. Igbos too said they're leaving, so are my people with yoruba nation. Think about it
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by Zeyman(m): 8:30am On Jul 17, 2022
Nairaland won't Rest on this issue. There something I understand about this Muslim-muslim ticket stuff. What is hurting my christians brothers and sisters is not the Muslim Ticket thing but the disunity among the christians. Reason is that,if they feel that Tinubu choice is a bad one,they can stop in at the polls come 2023 by voting for Atiku who have chosen a southern Christian as running mate or better still rally behind Peter Obi. All I want is a better Nigeria,if I will have to choose a candidate btw the 3, I will go for peter Obi but the truth is he can't win bcuz the discrimination & disunity among the IGBO themselves.

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by nkem1992: 8:31am On Jul 17, 2022
FuckSilly:
Igbos....

Since una want turn this election matter to tribal or religious war, I WONDER WHO THE IGBO MUSLIMS ARE SUPPORTING.

I know a lot of Yorubas and Hausa/fulanis supporting Obi but one can hardly see any true Igbo person supporting Tinubu and this doesn't make sense.

So also to tinubu, because the northern muslims will shatter his hope, how do you even expect igbos to support a Muslim after 8 years of catastrophic muslim rule, typified by nepotism...Remember same tinubu campaigned for buhari, citing Good luck as the problem of Nigeria, what has that led Nigeria to, guess you know... If it were an Osibanjo we would have had a rethink, but you see tinubu; God forbid, we will rather the north continue for eternity, we will not vote for an oppressor..
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by Brodahud: 8:32am On Jul 17, 2022
Since Christian association of Nigeria(CAN) was created,how northerner has become president? Or does it mean that there is no Christian's in the north?.
In 1979,Zik pick Christian's as vp does it mean that Zik wanted to Christianize Nigeria?.the Christian's always feel insecure.
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by Ben6ene: 8:42am On Jul 17, 2022
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT AMEN ESTATE

Amen Estate is on a completely new plane of quality, taste and splendor in the Nigerian Real Estate sector. Located in Ibeju-Lekki axis of Lekki Peninsula, in Lagos, Amen Estate has set a high benchmark for comfort and convenience in Nigerian Master planned communities.

Designed to celebrate the grandeur of Nigeria’s rich architectural heritage, Amen Estates features a complementary to our culture and modern lifestyle. Our homes are not just beautiful; they are practical and affordable for the discerning home buyer in Nigeria and Abroad.

DO YOU WANT TO EARN HUGE COMMISSION FROM REAL ESTATE?

Click the link below to register as our Consultants.

http://portal.redbrickhomes.ng/691461

You will be provided with a login details to our portal where you will have everything you need to sell.

DO YOU WANT TO BUY OR INVEST IN ANY OF OUR PROPERTIES

Our Homes are Designed to celebrate the grandeur of Nigeria’s rich architectural heritage, Amen Estates features a complementary to our culture and modern lifestyle. Our homes are not just beautiful; they are practical and affordable for the discerning home buyer in Nigeria and Abroad.

Click the link below to buy any of our homes at AMEN ESTATE.

http://portal.redbrickhomes.ng/newvantage/regclientdirect.aspx?cid=691461

Or Call/ Whatsapp 07066963388 for enquiry or assistance.
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by FuckSilly: 8:44am On Jul 17, 2022
stano2:
I'm not a Tinubu and will never be, but between him and Obi, I prefer Tinubu!

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by Ezmans: 8:45am On Jul 17, 2022
helinues:
How many threads are you people going to create about this Muslim Muslim ticket?

Hope no be say some people's life are stuck in politics
helinues how market jagaban is a strategists & master he have laboured in vain
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by stano2(m): 8:48am On Jul 17, 2022
FuckSilly:

I'm not a Tinubu and will never be, but between him and Obi, I prefer Tinubu!
Now you come Tinubu fan, be proud of it and stop cutting corners.
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by adolfHitler1934: 8:53am On Jul 17, 2022
helinues:

Which lines? Can it be different from several we have read before?

Abeg you guys should let us rest and use your power on the ballot instead of being insensitive with religion matter
Oga try and get sense small, it's free of charge and a gift from God to mankind.

You are one of the most disliked person in this forum after that BBQgriller fool because of how you people see white and call it black.
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by Realguyman1(m): 9:17am On Jul 17, 2022
FuckSilly:
Igbos....

And why did you believe that no true Igbo person is supporting Tinubu? Shay u dey live for everybody heart for naija ni?

U all know the simple truth, but are just turning things upside down to suit yourselves. Everyone knows Tinubu is not the problem here, but buhari who has brought nothing but calamity to Nigeria and Nigerians.

But so unfortunate that Tinubu used buhari to gamble on Nigerians just for his own selfish interest of becoming president later.
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by allicare: 9:24am On Jul 17, 2022
Trash from the beginning to the end. I am now beginning to sense that most of the religious wars involving Christian and Muslim in the northern part might have been kindled by these bigots.
These bigoted fellows need be told in a clear language that unless they change their way and thinking, more troubles of imaginable propitiation compare to what we are witnessing now await them and their children.

South west cannot afford to play and should not play religious politics for the consequences will be too fatal.

Nigeria must go back to the good old days where religion factor was of no great consequence just as we had during the time of Great Jankande and Bola Ige of Lagos and Oyo states respectively. Both governors and their deputies were of the same faith and there were no issues then as people only focused on their programme and policies

This blind writer has not told us what the current combination (with even a renowned pastor as deputy ) offer the country order than mayhem and poverty. Has he been able to change the power dynamics in favour of his Christian brethren? How has he being able to help Kaduna Christian, Plateau and others who has suffered terribly other than visiting and offer some feeble prayer?

I am saying Christian deputy is not desirable? No, for I myself is a christian but once in a while the situation that warrant same faith ticket may arise and should not be rejected IF the ticket look promising based on its program and policies.
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by GardenOfGod(m): 9:26am On Jul 17, 2022
grin
PhenomenalAustin:

Abeg carry agbado and tears juice give am too, make e for wash them down cheesy
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by GardenOfGod(m): 9:28am On Jul 17, 2022
helinues:

Then it would be better if you guys can make a golden record about it and send it to space
... And the wailing continues grin grin
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by southpole: 9:32am On Jul 17, 2022
helinues:

Which lines? Can it be different from several we have read before?

Abeg you guys should let us rest and use your power on the ballot instead of being insensitive with religion matter
Have you even read the several ones before this one?
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by ArewaNorth: 10:15am On Jul 17, 2022
GardenOfGod:
Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket

Leadership
This is a waste of effort instead of Strategizing in a better way. Nobody says there is no competent Christian at the level of Shettima but the true fact of politics not the ignorance of commentators is, there is no single Christian in the North who can attract votes that Shettima can. Politics is all about winning not just succumbing to the desire of some people and end up losing. Larger proportion of those who are against the ticket won't and can never vote APC, so why the noise when their choice is clear?
If not because in Nigeria most people go to school to get certificate not knowledge I think it is more important for APC Christians to negotiate the seat of Attorney General, Senate President and Speaker if APC wins rather than VP because the so called marginalisation and fear of non-exisitng Islamization agenda can only be prevented by the law makers or judicial officers I quoted not ceremonial positions which have little or no influence in power. After all the allegations aspersed by many Christian groups on Muslims for the just 9/23yrs Muslims rule in Nigeria PYO under this administration couldn't do anything as Pastor to look helpful to Christians' so called allegations!
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by Satguru: 10:55am On Jul 17, 2022
Currently, Nigeria is made of 20 Christian Governors and 16 Muslim Governors. The Christian Governors have been ridiculed, so they should know best what to do. In as much as no Christian would preach for a Christian - Christian Presidential Candidate, so a Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidate is A TABOO.
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by limeta(f): 11:02am On Jul 17, 2022
Bobloco:

If he could live happily with a Christian wife, then he can as well run for the president of Nigeria with a Christian vice presidential candidate too

Only God knows if they happily living together
What ever what ever m/m is satanic
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by limeta(f): 11:03am On Jul 17, 2022
Viscuz:

Pastor without any sermon grin

Na them say she be pastor
You sef know say me i no know

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 17, 2022
GardenOfGod:
Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket
What has the Muslim Christian ticket brought us?
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by GardenOfGod(m): 11:22am On Jul 17, 2022
ArewaNorth:

This is a waste of effort instead of Strategizing in a better way. Nobody says there is no competent Christian at the level of Shettima but the true fact of politics not the ignorance of commentators is, there is no single Christian in the North who can attract votes that Shettima can. Politics is all about winning not just succumbing to the desire of some people and end up losing. Larger proportion of those who are against the ticket won't and can never vote APC, so why the noise when their choice is clear?
If not because in Nigeria most people go to school to get certificate not knowledge I think it is more important for APC Christians to negotiate the seat of Attorney General, Senate President and Speaker if APC wins rather than VP because the so called marginalisation and fear of non-exisitng Islamization agenda can only be prevented by the law makers or judicial officers I quoted not ceremonial positions which have little or no influence in power. After all the allegations aspersed by many Christian groups on Muslims for the just 9/23yrs Muslims rule in Nigeria PYO under this administration couldn't do anything as Pastor to look helpful to Christians' so called allegations!
You think only the Northern votes wins election? Let's see how APC will win! Nonsense.
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by Abdul4trust1(m): 11:28am On Jul 17, 2022
Goddey18:
E go shock una come 2023. Muslim/Muslim ticket is an injustice against the Christians.
What is happening in Osun will be child's play compare to what Will happen in 2023.
Buhari a Muslim is leaving office after 8 years, does it make sense for another Muslim to enter again worse still with a Muslim VP.
APC will be rejected at the pools but we'll meaning Nigerians.
in a Muslim dominated state, a Christian-christian ticket just won governorship election.

This is the reason christians are hypocrites.
The Muslim-muslim ticket will win presidential election by God's grace in 2023 and the Muslim community are now solidly behind that ticket.
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by Wallade(m): 11:44am On Jul 17, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Oyetola lost to Adeleke a Christian Christian ticket ... And. You think Tinubu would trade Northern block vote over religion especially Christian that won't vote him

Listen man, your party APC made a big mistake:

APC knew the dynamics and the system which presents the two major religion in Nigeria for the President and Vice President positions.

You needed to rotate power, which is an equitable decision that is essential for tolerance and peaceful coexistence in Nigeria, but you allowed the Muslim Tinubu (Mr Emilokan) to buy your conscience and sense of reasoning.

You forgot that the North is dominated by Moslems who unfortunately see other religion worshippers as infidels and have animosity towards them. The Northern Moslems will never appreciate a Christian or others so that influences their voting and loyalty.

These are the reasons APC should have settled for a Christian Southwestern person, who has massive followership, for president. Their best option being Osinbajo but they missed it.

Now, APC has to take responsibility for their stupidity, arrogance , wickedness, instigation, disruptive tendencies, corruption, ineptitude, failed government and the list goes on.

We have to see you out of relevance in 2023.
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by Wallade(m): 11:49am On Jul 17, 2022
Abdul4trust1:
in a Muslim dominated state, a Christian-christian ticket just won governorship election.

This is the reason christians are hypocrites.
The Muslim-muslim ticket will win presidential election by God's grace in 2023 and the Muslim community are now solidly behind that ticket.

You must be mad to assume the christians are hypocrites. We have just started, wait till we are done with Mr Emilokan
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by Wallade(m): 11:50am On Jul 17, 2022
Jondelng:

What has the Muslim Christian ticket brought us?

Equity, Balance, Peaceful coexistence and Tolerance.
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 17, 2022
Wallade:

Equity, Balance and tolerance.
Was there tolerance?
Was is not in Abuja a preaching woman was killed and nothing done?
Peaceful coexistence in sokoto?

Balance and Equity I cannot prove
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by Wallade(m): 11:57am On Jul 17, 2022
allicare:
Trash from the beginning to the end. I am now beginning to sense that most of the religious wars involving Christian and Muslim in the northern part might have been kindled by these bigots.
These bigoted fellows need be told in a clear language that unless they change their way and thinking, more troubles of imaginable propitiation compare to what we are witnessing now await them and their children.

South west cannot afford to play and should not play religious politics for the consequences will be too fatal.

Nigeria must go back to the good old days where religion factor was of no great consequence just as we had during the time of Great Jankande and Bola Ige of Lagos and Oyo states respectively. Both governors and their deputies were of the same faith and there were no issues then as people only focused on their programme and policies

This blind writer has not told us what the current combination (with even a renowned pastor as deputy ) offer the country order than mayhem and poverty. Has he been able to change the power dynamics in favour of his Christian brethren? How has he being able to help Kaduna Christian, Plateau and others who has suffered terribly other than visiting and offer some feeble prayer?

I am saying Christian deputy is not desirable? No, for I myself is a christian but once in a while the situation that warrant same faith ticket may arise and should not be rejected IF the ticket look promising based on its program and policies.

At national level, Nigeria is not ready for Muslim-Muslim ticket for President and Vice President.

It was reasonable for APC 7 years plus ago so Mr Emilokan had to step down but now Mr Emilokan is desperate, arrogant and destined for destruction.

Muslim-Muslim ticket will fail in 2023.
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by Wallade(m): 12:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
Jondelng:

Was there tolerance?
Was is not in Abuja a preaching woman was killed and nothing done?
Peaceful coexistence in sokoto?

Balance and Equity I cannot prove

If there was no tolerance, there will be no Nigeria now. The tolerance level may not be perfect or topnotch but it can be better.

Muslim-Muslim ticket will worsen it.
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by allicare: 12:13pm On Jul 17, 2022
stano2:

Do you think Tunubu fan can hide because of Obi? NOT possible. I am fully Tunubu fan and I believe the guy is neither for Atiku or Tunubu
Re: Dangerous Precedence Of Same Faith Presidential Ticket by Viscuz: 12:20pm On Jul 17, 2022
limeta:

Na them say she be pastor
You sef know say me i no know

Na Sahara desert her church Dey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Between Sanwo-Olu, Prince Harry And The Special Pen / 10 Facts About Boko Haram / Troops Killed 150 Boko Haram Fighters, Rescued 36 — Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.