Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,557 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card (52322 Views)

German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs / Why Your Smartphone Can Make Emergency Calls Without A SIM Card / The Bontel Phone That Can Charge Other Phones I Saw Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 23, 2022
AtikuOkowa:

Stupid invention?

You should invent 1G first.
You are dumb. You can't invent what's already existing! That stupid thing is an innovation; a stupid, derogatory innovation!
Tell me, what problem do you think this toy will solve?
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by kingyakos: 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
Abba114:
we forgive atiku for saying that 90% of us are illiterates but we will still not vote peter obi

And what's by business about that, u only have one vote and if u choose to play tribal or religious with it please suit your self.

Buhari has thought me a lesson and I've admit and learn never to repeat same mistake again.
This time I've learnt to value my vote more than all the money in my bank account. America, Uk, China, Switzerland, France, Israel, Germany etc are great today not because they don't have corrupt politicians among them but because their citizens understands the value of their vote irrespective of their tribe or religion.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by casppyjay: 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
dodgelord:
where cubana
e dey bang ukwu for cubana… u lost? Call police abeg �
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Habinibi: 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
Seniorwriter:

You just proved your signature wrong....I'm sure you can survive by been a good research writer and earn up to $1k monthly.

@Seniorwriter.
My boss, how do I start?
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Dwana96(m): 10:52pm On Jul 23, 2022
AtikuOkowa:

Dream killer
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 23, 2022
God1000:
This is great, I salute his ingenuity
... While those who went abroad to study are yet to make a tooth pick...

1 Like

Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by dodgelord: 10:52pm On Jul 23, 2022
casppyjay:
e dey bang ukwu for cubana… u lost? Call police abeg �
bc he b dey find person wey fit develop phone for.africa
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Dwana96(m): 10:53pm On Jul 23, 2022
blingxx:
Weytin be this grin
Dream killer
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Federalofficia(m): 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
Invest on am ke way BB naija day go on, which money these governor go come give the winner and runner up and house way them go give with private car, no money to invest on am ooo them sha already given teacher job, make he day manage am na the money to take carry BB naija winner go Europe and Dubai day like this
fman:
they should invest into this
Guy ASAP.
His got talents and passions for telephony technology
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by lookingfly: 10:57pm On Jul 23, 2022
AtikuOkowa:
The genuine boy, Umar Usman Dagona repeated another 'miracle' by making Nigerians happy proud again.

Dagona,invented a cellular phone that can make and receive calls without SIM cards and signals are received without the need of service providers.

It looks like walkie-talkie, but eyewitness say it is new invention.

He was invited by the Emir of Bade to discuss the about his brilliant future, and the Governor Mai Mala Buni would meet him soon.

https://dailytrust.com/how-i-developed-cellp-hones-from-scraps-young-yobe-scientist

He however once led Nigeria in world chemistry competition.
Umar Usman Dagon, from Gashua town of Yobe state, took part in the “Imaginechemistry” competition and made it to the top five that appeared in the final round.

He eventually made it to the second position, winning the sum of $400,000.

Dagona obtained NCE in Chemistry Education at Yobe State Umar Suleiman Collage of Education in Gashua town.

For sure Nigerians are creatives.
when peter obi said the land scale in the north is the oil, you thought he was joking!
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 10:58pm On Jul 23, 2022
AtikuOkowa:

Stupid invention?

You should invent 1G first.

This is 10G since we need no service providers
hope u read 20metres part? Person fit communicate with people with in 20m via mouth..

1 Like

Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Iyajabu: 10:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
When bandits and boko-haram get hold of this one, nigeria will be finished patapata.
We are try to track all mobile user in nigeria registering our mobile number in the nigeria govt database using NIN and this fellow is trying to tell us bandit nd boko-haram can still operate unnoticed by using phone that does not require simcard.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by mixta140: 10:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
nijaomegacode:

This idiot wants to take us back to 1940. What kinda stupid invention is this na? The world is going to 6G, this one is innovating zero G.
God forbid!!
Which one you give us... So far he no give us negative ... Zero still better
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by kolaaderin: 11:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
Mumu semi illiterate Nigerians would believe this nonsense. If you know what it takes to make a call across various network, you will never believe this nonsense of so call invention.
It’s a simple two way Walky talky , nothing is new about that.
He will never make a call through to any third party on the main existing networks. On what protocol and exchange would that be.
But trust half baked Nigeria people to believe this. Being able to read and write comments is not education.

1 Like

Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by jesuscousin(m): 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2022
Here is a guy dat has knowledge to invent something great but our leaders and d rich men and women won't invest I him. But they will camp male and female in a house for 72days and watch Dem Bleep, kiss and perform all sorts of immoral act, then give one person 100million naira as a winner . God is watching
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by jesuscousin(m): 11:06pm On Jul 23, 2022
Here is a guy dat has knowledge to invent something great but our leaders and d rich men and women won't invest In him. But they will camp male and female in a house for 72days and watch Dem Bleep, kiss and perform all sorts of immoral act, then give one person 100million naira as a winner . God is watching
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by seunayantokun(m): 11:07pm On Jul 23, 2022
AtikuOkowa:

So to you Northerners are ignorants,just because of their silent achievement?

Talent does not know color or tribe.

Igbo Amaka, Yoruba Amaka,Hausa Amaka won't take us anywhere.
Reference to what Atiku said recently, and other northern politicians who portray northerners as forever disadvantaged or backward so they can make a selfish political and economic gain. Every human being is gifted by God to excel but your politicians are wicked to you as they are to others
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by jesuscousin(m): 11:11pm On Jul 23, 2022
U no wise
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by seunayantokun(m): 11:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
kolaaderin:
Mumu semi illiterate Nigerians would believe this nonsense. If you know what it takes to make a call across various network, you will never believe this nonsense of so call invention.
It’s a simple two way Walky talky , nothing is new about that.
He will never make a call through to any third party on the main existing networks. On what protocol and exchange would that be.
But trust half baked Nigeria people to believe this. Being able to read and write comments is not education.

I thought as much but my position is the guy is better than those who wouldn't use the little knowledge they have.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 23, 2022
mixta140:

Which one you give us... So far he no give us negative ... Zero still better
Fulani/ BoKoHaram and or UGM will adopt this innovation, use it to communicate amongst themselves in the forest and attack your family. Then you will know that sometimes doing NOTHING is better than doing STUPID.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by einsteine(m): 11:17pm On Jul 23, 2022
So he made a pager?

That's not an invention
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by IbileIfe: 11:17pm On Jul 23, 2022
AtikuOkowa:
The genuine boy, Umar Usman Dagona repeated another 'miracle' by making Nigerians happy proud again.

Dagona,invented a cellular phone that can make and receive calls without SIM cards and signals are received without the need of service providers.

It looks like walkie-talkie, but eyewitness say it is new invention.

He was invited by the Emir of Bade to discuss the about his brilliant future, and the Governor Mai Mala Buni would meet him soon.

https://dailytrust.com/how-i-developed-cellp-hones-from-scraps-young-yobe-scientist

He however once led Nigeria in world chemistry competition.
Umar Usman Dagon, from Gashua town of Yobe state, took part in the “Imaginechemistry” competition and made it to the top five that appeared in the final round.

He eventually made it to the second position, winning the sum of $400,000.

Dagona obtained NCE in Chemistry Education at Yobe State Umar Suleiman Collage of Education in Gashua town.

For sure Nigerians are creatives.

Genius.
Many great things happening in the administration of President Buhari since 2015 to date.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by GistFullGround: 11:20pm On Jul 23, 2022

Peter Obi will support him in his quest!

Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by adecz: 11:22pm On Jul 23, 2022
All these aboki with fake inventions.

Na so one aboki baba said he made
stove that uses water. Up until now,
we haven't seen anybody using it apart
from him. Abi na witchcraft❓

This phone guy may just have rehabilitated
a two-way walkie-talkie. A technology that
has been abandoned in the 80s and has
a range of no more than 50 to 100meters.

We should be care of using the word
"invention" anyhow.

Nigerians regularly 'invent' cars❗️❗️☺️☺️☺️
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 23, 2022
kingyakos:

And what's by business about that, u only have one vote and if u choose to play tribal or religious with it please suit your self.

Buhari has thought me a lesson and I've admit and learn never to repeat same mistake again.
This time I've learnt to value my vote more than all the money in my bank account. America, Uk, China, Switzerland, France, Israel, Germany etc are great today not because they don't have corrupt politicians among them but because their citizens understands the value of their vote irrespective of their tribe or religion.
thats what u guys always say that u r supporting obi regardless of religion or regional background but i dont trust u. u said nigeria is a zoo nd u dnt like it u even said u r nt nigerians and all of a sudden u come and say one nigeria and u expect us to trust u also i have never seen or hear this peter obi in any of his speech talking about north he act like he doesnt even know about its existence and u still want me to vote him? i will vote tinubu regardless of his age because he cares about me and my region
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by ojonugba2014(m): 11:23pm On Jul 23, 2022
fman:
they should invest into this
Guy ASAP.
His got talents and passions for telephony technology

Not gonna happen in a shit country like 9ja. He was born into a wrong country
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by mixta140: 11:29pm On Jul 23, 2022
nijaomegacode:

Fulani/ BoKoHaram and or UGM will adopt this innovation, use it to communicate amongst themselves in the forest and attack your family. Then you will know that sometimes doing NOTHING is better than doing STUPID.
Attack my family?
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by engrchykae(m): 11:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
I think it can be rightly called a radio transmitter instead of a phone.
All the same,it's commendable
The tech giants will see this young man as threat
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by mixta140: 11:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
nijaomegacode:

Why are many of you like this in this place .... ?
Nigeria carry people ooo...
Take care
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by EndWeakerection: 11:36pm On Jul 23, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
What is this rubbish? angry angry
No one expect the least from a very wicked man.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by HeroicMeastro: 11:36pm On Jul 23, 2022
WibusJaga:

Only quoted Atiku your mentor, Bro.
Are u amongst the 20% illiterates in the south?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Glo BUMPA Most Rewarding Prepaid Plan From Glo But Most Expensive Tariff Plan / Airtel Introduces The New Time Based Unlimited Data Plan For Every Device / My Review Of Mtn Data Plans!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.