Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,108 members, 7,825,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card (52315 Views)

German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs / Why Your Smartphone Can Make Emergency Calls Without A SIM Card / The Bontel Phone That Can Charge Other Phones I Saw Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by ZeroChil: 3:59am On Jul 24, 2022
AtikuOkowa:

So to you Northerners are ignorants,just because of their silent achievement?

Talent does not know color or tribe.

Igbo Amaka, Yoruba Amaka,Hausa Amaka won't take us anywhere.
No vex, his sound judgment was in tandem with Atiku's revelation.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by IamAsiri: 4:00am On Jul 24, 2022
narutod7th:
Problem we have is we rely too much on the government. Man invents cool stuff, takes it to the government. To do what? To show you on NTA news? You couldn't find an investor? You couldn't develop it properly and sell? I'm sure if Mark Zuckerberg was a Nigerian while discovering the code for Facebook them for they wait for government. Bullsit

I was surprised myself, especially since the write-up reported that he had once won $400,000. If he won such huge amount, then (1) he shouldn't still be here and (2) he should have contacts of people who can help him over there.

I am also surprised though that he stopped his education at NCE level. Why couldn't his local government or state government sponsor him to study further, seeing his potential?
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by dragunov: 4:20am On Jul 24, 2022
godofuck231:
He will soon be killed , he a threat to tech giants and the nigerian state will sell him out , this is a great invention but his life is in danger

It's a lie. He won't be killed because he just made a walkie talkie. That's all.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by esanmantruth: 5:11am On Jul 24, 2022
Who nor invent anything sit down for Chair like Oga but who invent come sit down for ground with kneel. God help from this Africa old men without future but living to destroy our beloved youth with destiny.

AtikuOkowa:
The genuine boy, Umar Usman Dagona repeated another 'miracle' by making Nigerians happy proud again.

Dagona,invented a cellular phone that can make and receive calls without SIM cards and signals are received without the need of service providers.

It looks like walkie-talkie, but eyewitness say it is new invention.

He was invited by the Emir of Bade to discuss the about his brilliant future, and the Governor Mai Mala Buni would meet him soon.

https://dailytrust.com/how-i-developed-cellp-hones-from-scraps-young-yobe-scientist

He however once led Nigeria in world chemistry competition.
Umar Usman Dagon, from Gashua town of Yobe state, took part in the “Imaginechemistry” competition and made it to the top five that appeared in the final round.

He eventually made it to the second position, winning the sum of $400,000.

Dagona obtained NCE in Chemistry Education at Yobe State Umar Suleiman Collage of Education in Gashua town.

For sure Nigerians are creatives.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Bahamas95(m): 5:17am On Jul 24, 2022
Nice one

I just hope he'll be given the opportunity to utilize his talent(s) in Nigeria......These useless so-called leaders are not encouraging at all.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by pcagbaji(m): 5:58am On Jul 24, 2022
sinkhole:
At best, what I think our brother has produced is a digitized walkie-talkie!
Producing a cell phone is an highly involved project. The word "cell" in cell phone itself is an invention of its own embarassed. If he claims he develops cell phone system, then he will have to produce the phone as well as the cell network!
The cell is the battery
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by hayoholla(m): 5:59am On Jul 24, 2022
godofuck231:
He will soon be killed , he a threat to tech giants and the nigerian state will sell him out , this is a great invention but his life is in danger

The way some of you think ehn undecided
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Vicson2021: 6:02am On Jul 24, 2022
Guy you try cha, just continue
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by hayoholla(m): 6:09am On Jul 24, 2022
This place stinks of ignorance undecided. First of, it's not invented. He only built an existing device that was in use prior to use of SiM technology to comm over long distance. Its more of a PTT device that comm over short distances.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by sinkhole: 6:12am On Jul 24, 2022
pcagbaji:

The cell is the battery
grin grin
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Bigdicck: 6:13am On Jul 24, 2022
Shey walkie talkie dey use sim before? This is just walkie talkie jare
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by GUNITGuy: 6:13am On Jul 24, 2022
Great innovation
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Rupertek: 6:31am On Jul 24, 2022
If he is igbo now, noise will be everywhere of how special we are and the magic we will do if on our own.
Forgeting the little freedom we got, we picked up guns to harrass and intimidate our oeople, behead our opponents

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by osuohak(m): 6:37am On Jul 24, 2022
God will see you through

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Flamethehussler: 6:48am On Jul 24, 2022
nijaomegacode:

This idiot wants to take us back to 1940. What kinda stupid invention is this na? The world is going to 6G, this one is innovating zero G.
God forbid!!
grin
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by femicyrus(m): 6:51am On Jul 24, 2022
Someone who ought to be a scientist in a research institute is employed as a secondary school teacher?
Smh for Nigeria.
I just hope bokoharam will not target the secondary school with the sole intension to kidnap him
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by AtikuOkowa: 6:56am On Jul 24, 2022
Bigdicck:

First of all I thank the mod that modified the thread to its now-a-better state. He is kind and progressive with the golden heart.

I went through all the comments rained here by my fellow Nigerians and it excited me to see how some praised the talent and now some went against it, the ones that sadden me are those that resolve to insult instead of engaging in a much better and matured arguments.

Critics are necessary for you to go back to your drawing board, while fans and supporters are must for you to keep going... That's why USA will always be on top, because anyone is open to criticism.

Nairaland is the best place to come to engage with people of different qualities and background. And there is least faking compared to other techs.

To begin with your protest that it is not a new invention, I would like to know if you can tell me how Walkie-talkie is working.

Then I would use that usage to explain to you how this new device differs.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by femicyrus(m): 6:57am On Jul 24, 2022
Bigdicck:
Exactly my conclusion too
But at least he can assemble it in Nigeria.
That is how backward we are as a nation in terms of technology.
Anyone who can assemble a fan from scraps in 2022 in Nigeria is an inventor especially from the North

1 Like

Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by AtikuOkowa: 6:57am On Jul 24, 2022
osuohak:
God will see you through

Amen
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by AtikuOkowa: 6:58am On Jul 24, 2022
femicyrus:

Exactly my conclusion too
But at least he can assemble it in Nigeria.
That is how backward we are as a nation in terms of technology.
Anyone who can assemble a fan from scraps in 2022 in Nigeria is an inventor especially from the North

Chief, how do you define invention?
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by AtikuOkowa: 7:00am On Jul 24, 2022
Rupertek:
If he is igbo now, noise will be everywhere of how special we are and the magic we will do if on our own.
Forgeting the little freedom we got, we picked up guns to harrass and intimidate our oeople, behead our opponents

Exactly. But the critics are important if they can engage in logic argument.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by ufotunang: 7:01am On Jul 24, 2022
Our Nigeria youths have talents and skills but the bad goverance, bad economy and government not making environment conducive for bussinesses to strive .. making some youths not to exhibit their talent, skills, potentials to better their life's and the society, economy and country
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by AtikuOkowa: 7:01am On Jul 24, 2022
hayoholla:
This place stinks of ignorance undecided. First of, it's not invented. He only built an existing device that was in use prior to use of SiM technology to comm over long distance. Its more of a PTT device that comm over short distances.

I replied someone that asked same question.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by femicyrus(m): 7:02am On Jul 24, 2022
AtikuOkowa:

First of all I thank the mod that modified the thread to its now-a-better state. He is kind and progressive with the golden heart.

I went through all the comments rained here by my fellow Nigerians and it excited me to see how some praised the talent and now some went against it, the ones that sadden me are those that resolve to insult instead of engaging in a much better and matured arguments.

Critics are necessary for you to go back to your drawing board, while fans and supporters are must for you to keep going... That's why USA will always be on top, because anyone is open to criticism.

Nairaland is the best place to come to engage with people of different qualities and background. And there is least faking compared to other techs.

To begin with your protest that it is not a new invention, I would like to know if you can tell me how Walkie-talkie is working.

Then I would use that usage to explain to you how this new device differs.

Thanks.

Abeg rest
The guy try I know but
There are Walkie-talkie with coverage of over 200m. He only Assemble that of 50m
The fact that he is from the north is what makes it special
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by AtikuOkowa: 7:03am On Jul 24, 2022
ufotunang:
Our Nigeria youths have talents and skills but the bad goverance, bad economy and government not making environment conducive for bussinesses to strive .. making some youths not to exhibit their talent, skills, potentials to better their life's and the society, economy and country

But if we keep inventing, they would one day see that we can do better and we are not educated just to be employed but also to employ if we are invested in.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by kingyakos: 7:05am On Jul 24, 2022
Abba114:
thats what u guys always say that u r supporting obi regardless of religion or regional background but i dont trust u. u said nigeria is a zoo nd u dnt like it u even said u r nt nigerians and all of a sudden u come and say one nigeria and u expect us to trust u also i have never seen or hear this peter obi in any of his speech talking about north he act like he doesnt even know about its existence and u still want me to vote him? i will vote tinubu regardless of his age because he cares about me and my region

The problem with people like you is that anybody supporting Peter Obi is Igbo, for your info I'm not Igbo ok.
Like i said earlier, you only have one vote to cast and I'm not here to try to convince you to vote Peter Obi but for sure i can bet my balls that Peter Obi is winning this election.
He's the most competent and can be trusted and has the best VP in person of Yusuf Ahmed and not those with questionable character like Shetima and Okowa who paid $3million to Atiku just to be VP.

Obi has spoken several times about his project for the north when he's sworn in, it's just that you choose not to give a listening ear.
If buhari was from the south east and he treated the north same way he treated the South East with nepotism and marginalization the north would've killed all the Christians and also called for referendum. How did Boko Haram came in, was it not a tool by some northern politicians including Shetima and Buhari just to distabilize Johnathan administration forgetting they're also destroying their region and the entire country.
You do to others what you want others to do for you.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by femicyrus(m): 7:06am On Jul 24, 2022
AtikuOkowa:

Chief, how do you define invention?
Let him create a device that is Novel
A Walkie-talkie has an inventor already
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by maiquel: 7:06am On Jul 24, 2022
With BIG money and the right guidance, you will do better... Well done!
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by AtikuOkowa: 7:07am On Jul 24, 2022
femicyrus:

Abeg rest
The guy try I know but
There are Walkie-talkie with coverage of over 200m. He only Assemble that of 50m
The fact that he is from the north is what makes it special

"He only assemble "

How?

"There are walkie-talkie with coverage of over 200m"

Where? How is it working?

"The fact that he is from the North is what makes it special "

I perceive where you are coming from. This explains why you say all these things.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by AtikuOkowa: 7:09am On Jul 24, 2022
femicyrus:

Let him create a device that is Nobel
A Walkie-talkie has an inventor already

But he doesn't say he is inventor of walkie-talkie.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by AtikuOkowa: 7:12am On Jul 24, 2022
africantycoon:

Africans hv been inventing for a long time prior to atrival of the colonists but the inventions were either stolen by the British island/French savages or erased by them.....

Also pls Google "Timbuktu manuscripts"....what you see will surprise you....

Thank you very much bro.

Without the likes of you, one must give up.

Africa is great, since from KEMET time.

I always read about ancient Egyptian time to trace where we first missed our road. He
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by AtikuOkowa: 7:13am On Jul 24, 2022
jubrilELsudan:
YOU NIGERIANS ARE JUST FVCKING PRIMITIVE

THIS IS A FVCKING WALKIE TALKIE......SAME TECHNOLOGY USED IN WALKIE TALKIE......I CAN BET YOU WITH YOUR LIFE THAT IF I BRING A HAM RADIO THERE...I WILL PICK IT'S SINGNAL AND LISTEN IN ON IT'S CONVERSATIONS.

Sir it won't eavesdrop.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

New NCC USSD Codes For All Nigerian Networks / Glo BUMPA Most Rewarding Prepaid Plan From Glo But Most Expensive Tariff Plan / Airtel Introduces The New Time Based Unlimited Data Plan For Every Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.