Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Should I Say No? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Say No? (810 Views)

Help!!!! How Else Do I Say No To A Cultist Advances / Why I Say Nigerian Men Are Loving More Than South African Men! / Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Say No? by mikkymoi(m): 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2011
pls, I need ur candid advice on this, actually am new here,
hv been dating this girl for close to 2 yrs now and shes been good, takes kia of ma bills most times, spoils me with money cos her dad is in "box". I love her so much, but my problem is, should I stop collecting all this stuff so that she can see that I love her not because of her money, just of recent she bought me a fone which I refused she got upset and was like why am I rejecting her gift blah blah blah, Not as if though I cant take kia of ma self but shes over spending on me, should I stop taking things from her,
pls, advice me,
Re: Should I Say No? by Harbb: 6:17pm On Jul 30, 2011
Some questions:
(1) Do you love her?
(2) Can you marry her?
(3) Do you see any future in the relationship?
Honestly answer these questions. Then you can decide for yourself whether you should go ahead and collect her gifts or not. its up to you.
Re: Should I Say No? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 30, 2011
personally i feel it depends on d kinda gift she offers to u.if its too expensive reject it except on some special occasion like ur BD.
But mind u she might be offended if u reject hergifts.
So u just keep reciprocating her love and care by showing likewise to her in words&
actions.

Mind you if u break her heart na wahala ooo
Cos she's gonna recount all she spent on u so be wise
Re: Should I Say No? by Brite02(m): 6:52pm On Jul 30, 2011
There so many questions to ask u. I'l skip that part of it & make it brief!

If both of u compatibile, there is nothing to worry undecided
If she's way too older than u, there's much to worry undecided
If u are not comfortable collecting things, both of u have something to worry undecided
If u love her, and she's not using u, definitely nothing to worry undecided

The answer boils down to you undecided
Re: Should I Say No? by Mynd44: 3:05am On Jul 31, 2011
That might be her way of expressing her emotions and you rejecting them might seem to her like rejecting her entirely
Re: Should I Say No? by Nobody: 3:13am On Jul 31, 2011
She bought a house worth $1m for you? if no then she ain't doing sh1t for you.
Re: Should I Say No? by mykali(m): 3:26am On Jul 31, 2011
^^huh?

@OP
you dont want to be thought a gold-digger
so you buy something very expensive. . .like a diamond ring, or a necKLace, and give to her.
even if you buy it with her money. . .it still shows you too can spend on her
Re: Should I Say No? by Nobody: 3:35am On Jul 31, 2011
What if he don't have the money?
Re: Should I Say No? by mykali(m): 3:40am On Jul 31, 2011
he should use the one he gives to her then . . .if she asks you were you got the money to buy it, frown at her and make a face like she just took your ego and wiped her azz with it. . . tongue
Re: Should I Say No? by Nobody: 3:43am On Jul 31, 2011
He better work hard and quit sounding like a lazy broke asss
Re: Should I Say No? by mykali(m): 3:51am On Jul 31, 2011
yeah, that's true.

OP, you better work hard and stop sounding like a lazy broke azz
Re: Should I Say No? by Roland17(m): 4:07am On Jul 31, 2011
Questions u should ask ur self include the following, How often do u reciprocate her gestures? do u buy her gifts too? if u are not buoyant enough to buy her expensive gifts, u can surprise her with good gifts and please if u are unemployed, get ur hands on something. also u can encourage her to start saving for rainy days, cos things change, and please as much as u can always appreciate ur woman, let her know she is special not cos of the gifts but for wat she truly means to u.
Re: Should I Say No? by Mynd44: 7:55am On Jul 31, 2011
The OP reciprocates by NYASHING
Re: Should I Say No? by mikkymoi(m): 1:57pm On Jul 31, 2011
thnx every one for ur advice,
Am wise now,
Re: Should I Say No? by Pweety4me(f): 2:01pm On Jul 31, 2011
Mschewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Re: Should I Say No? by Goldieluks: 2:02pm On Jul 31, 2011
The milky way. undecided
Re: Should I Say No? by Cuddlemii: 4:52pm On Jul 31, 2011
See some naija babes actually give money to their lovers. All those Nlanders who keep ranting that women are all about money, I can't seem to see them lashing the dude.

@op

I am sorry but I don't have respect for you though. I have come across guys who live in 1 room apartments with their folks and they would never collect money from their chick except maybe an emergency & some would even pay back. Its because of what we call PRIDE.

Tomorrow if u r no longer interested, u will feel trapped and obliged to stay with her. If you leave her it would be a case of you are ungrateful, curse will be on your head bla bla bla. Why sell your birth rite like that?
Re: Should I Say No? by kpolli(m): 2:38pm On Aug 01, 2011
bros, if u stop. . i go break ur head

after girls don dey collect from us, we finally have a guy collecting n he wants to front, shattap there n keep collecting
Re: Should I Say No? by Kslib(m): 5:07pm On Aug 01, 2011
@Op ยง~ are u older than her? If u really feel uncomfortable with what she's doing then stop accepting the gifts.To me it seems like she loves u more,and she's trying 2 make u cherish her more!!!
Re: Should I Say No? by DBestDoc(f): 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2011
kpolli:

bros, if u stop. . i go break your head

after girls don dey collect from us, we finally have a guy collecting n he wants to front, shattap there n keep collecting
Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Say No? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 02, 2011
dis OP dey crase! Giv me her number first, then i will advise u on wat to do. Agreed?
Re: Should I Say No? by Mynd44: 4:10pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^^
You dey fing MAGA abi? Sharp guy

(1) (Reply)

Can This Song Apply For Nigerian Women? / Cheats But Claiming 2 Be In Love / Who Should Be Blame?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.