Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,095 members, 7,852,700 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:17 AM

Why Secondary Schoolmates Over University Mates? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Secondary Schoolmates Over University Mates? (1578 Views)

VIDEO: MOUAU Student Beating Girlfriend In Front Of Her Schoolmates Over ₦20K / Undergraduate Fights Girlfriend Over N20K In Front Of Schoolmates In Abia. Photo / Schoolmates Who Met On BBM In Their Final Year Set To Wed (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Secondary Schoolmates Over University Mates? by obonujoker(m): 8:34pm On Jul 24, 2022
Why are people more emotionally attached to their secondary school mates than their university mates?

Why is this so?

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Front-page topic

2 Likes

Re: Why Secondary Schoolmates Over University Mates? by muhammadhan19: 8:48pm On Jul 24, 2022
Coming back to comment

1 Like

Re: Why Secondary Schoolmates Over University Mates? by AJOBI77(m): 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
The memories in secondary schools were lovely coupled with less stress.

Higher institutions have much stress plus you have much running through your mind/ brain

5 Likes

Re: Why Secondary Schoolmates Over University Mates? by H0didon(m): 10:35pm On Jul 24, 2022
From my personal experience and what I've seen you are very correct. My sec school life was fun especially the fact that it was boarding. We were kids then, we'll play together, had less evil mind and they didn't have this "Bigboy/biggirl" mentality. I mean, we would play without measuring our financially and physical standard cool.
Unlike life in university, everybody dey from big, if you don't greet they won't greet. Plus when they starts seeing cash like 200K upwards, money they weren't seeing in sec school they tend to act proud.... Lastly, their eyes dey tear grin. You gerrit?? If don't gerrit forget cheesy.

Being busy mean no shii.

As our Ancestors would say "Live life, have fun, enjoy but no high hopes cos not everyone will stay".

3 Likes

Re: Why Secondary Schoolmates Over University Mates? by kazyhm(m): 11:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
I enjoyed my secondary days so much.....and I thought university would be more funky....

Before I gained admission, I had some to do list due to my experience in secondary....and estimating that it would be madly fun.....

But I was disappointed, the responsibilities in university is much more, the to do list became so childish that I didn't achieve any of them, I couldn't do quarter of what I did in secondary school..where you can be stubborn for nothing, play senseless pranks and still pass your exams....not forgetting that results in secondary school is not cumulative.....

So, the childish behavior of secondary school stuck to my head that I remember everyone name in my class..including teachers......but struggles to remember surnames if most if my course mates.
Re: Why Secondary Schoolmates Over University Mates? by obonujoker(m): 10:22am On Jul 26, 2022
Too much forming from university mates... even after graduation grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Secondary Schoolmates Over University Mates? by yyba: 12:32pm On Jul 26, 2022
In secondary school you are your real self nothing like big boy or girl, ehn you see university life is full of lies . So any secondary mate you meet either he is president or the riches you will talk to him as mate and nothing he can do unless just to be laughing
Re: Why Secondary Schoolmates Over University Mates? by fourboys: 1:06pm On Jul 26, 2022
University is full of fake life, unlike secondary school
Re: Why Secondary Schoolmates Over University Mates? by Assumptabeke(f): 3:06pm On Jul 26, 2022
My secondary school experience is one of the best experience I have had. The friends I had then were simply the best. There was nothing like financial class difference. If anyone was lagging behind in any subject, the person good in that subject always provide assistance.
Girls were girls and boys were boys.....Those that were in relationships simply enjoyed the relationship. There was no pressure for anyone to be a provider or a home maker.
One of the best male platonic friendship I had was in secondary school. I had to end the friendship out of respect for my then boyfriend.
You can be very lucky to have great friends in university. My best friend was my roommate in my undergrad days.
Re: Why Secondary Schoolmates Over University Mates? by Bisiebae(f): 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
Secondary school friendship is genuine. You guys basically knew yourself from the beginning. You don't need to form or pretend to be who you are not. Secondary school friends also have similar morals as you.

In uni, everybody feels fake. The smiles, the friendship and even the bond. I feel really lonely a lot of time with my uni people. Everybody comes from different backgrounds and they have different morals, which may come off as strange or unusual.

2 Likes

Re: Why Secondary Schoolmates Over University Mates? by Kobojunkie: 5:09pm On Jul 26, 2022
obonujoker:
Why are people more emotionally attached to their secondary school mates than their university mates?Why is this so?
Because by University, everyone don graduate to fake-life mode. grin
Re: Why Secondary Schoolmates Over University Mates? by Kobojunkie: 5:10pm On Jul 26, 2022
obonujoker:
Too much forming from university mates... even after graduation grin
Many people are still forming even many decades after graduation. That is what they understand adult life to mean oo! grin
Re: Why Secondary Schoolmates Over University Mates? by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Jul 26, 2022
Bisiebae:
Secondary school friendship is genuine. You guys basically knew yourself from the beginning. You don't need to form or pretend to be who you are not. Secondary school friends also have similar morals as you.

In uni, everybody feels fake. The smiles, the friendship and even the bond. I feel really lonely a lot of time with my uni people. Everybody comes from different backgrounds and they have different morals, which may come off as strange or unusual.
Even those who don't feel fake are forced to fake it in order to make it starting from the Uni days. That is part of what peer pressure does to folks at that point. undecided
Re: Why Secondary Schoolmates Over University Mates? by TheKrakon: 5:15pm On Jul 26, 2022
Make I ask Global Joe the laptop repairer.
Re: Why Secondary Schoolmates Over University Mates? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 26, 2022
Secondary school we still had some form of innocence but in uni we completely lost it all.. from real hardcore hoes to hardened sold to the devil criminal minds. You can't compare the bonding at all

(1) (Reply)

Young Man Says He's Girlfriend Doesn't Wash Her Panties For Days And Is So Dirty / What Is The Meaning Of What This Pastor Said To Me? / 13 Lies You Must Not Believe About Church Wedding!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.