Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram (3883 Views)

105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Fierce Gun Battle With Boko Haram / Presidency, Boko Haram Begin Talks-the Nation / Touching Photo Of A Nigerian Soldier Praying Before Battle With Boko Haram(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by proffmanue(m): 6:00am On Jul 31, 2011
Nigeria has announced it plans to start negotiations with the Boko Haram group, which is blamed for bomb attacks and shootings in the northeast of the country.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/191594.html

where did "press tv" get this picture from?
u guys are just trying to publicize one of your terrorist wing. I have also noticed that press tv is more active in carrying negatives and anti-western news than any other sane news stations.
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by Chintua: 8:50am On Jul 31, 2011
What are they discussing?
Only in Africa.
Kai! cry

Who discusses with a so-called terrorist, lawless group that distabilizes any part of a country? undecided

The black skin has a long way to go I swear.
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by seanet02: 9:03am On Jul 31, 2011
Chintua:

What are they discussing?
Only in Africa.
Kai! cry

Who discusses with a so-called terrorist, lawless group that distabilizes any part of a country? undecided

The black skin has a long way to go I swear.
Abeg leave black skin out of this. Though i do not support any sort of amnesty for terrorists.
But If america can be forced to negotiate with Taliban, i see no reason why odechukwu, a very weak d/ck will not negotiate with them.
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by Chintua: 9:37am On Jul 31, 2011
seanet02:

Abeg leave black skin out of this. Though i do not support any sort of amnesty for terrorists.
But If america can be forced to negotiate with Taliban, i see no reason why odechukwu, a very weak d/ck will not negotiate with them.

Nothing wrong with 'negotiating' peace with the TALIBAN on foreign soil.
Is it not Afghanistan that is being destroyed? Is it American soil? undecided
America will NOT negotiate 'peace' talks with ANYONE that farts on Americans inside or outside America.
Big difference sir!
After all, the terrorism is happening ONLY in Afghanistan.
Make Taliban come tryam for American soil, make we see how much 'negotiation' America go do.
Mu he he he he

OSAMA don quench abi? Mafia style execution. All na negotiation abi?  wink

In Nigeria you have Nigerians messing with Nigerian lives and Nigeria's stability.
You negotiate with Boko Haram. . .
You negotiate with Boko MASSOB. . .
You negotiate with Boko ND-Militants. . .
You negotiate with Kidnappers. . .

I ask again. . .only in Africa will the government negotiate with CRIMINALS!!!!
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 31, 2011
seanet02:

I have heard this argument on several occassion but there is an important point this line of argument misses.

America is negotiating with Taliban but have never been in talks with Al-Qaeda.

These are two different things, Taliban is not Al-Qaeda. What BokoHaram claims to stand for, what they do and how the go about there business is similar to Al-Qaeda.
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by Johndoe100(m): 12:45pm On Jul 31, 2011
mikeansy:

I have heard this argument on several occassion but there is an important point this line of argument misses.

America is negotiating with Taliban but have never been in talks with Al-Qaeda.

These are two different things, Taliban is not Al-Qaeda. What BokoHaram claims to stand for, what they do and how the go about there business is similar to Al-Qaeda.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I agree with you.
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2011
The same government that cant pay its honest working citizens N18,000 monthly. Anyway armed robbers hired assasins and other criminals should also be "discussed with".
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 31, 2011
I thought the chief of defence staff, said that the military was gaining ground on this boko-haram group. So why does the federal government, wants to go into negotation with boko-haram. With the amount of money, we spend on defence, why go into negotiations with the enemy of the state(in the news last night, the minister of police affairs, said that the police has ordered for the purchase of 5 attack helicopters).wont it undermine the morale and efforts of the jtf. Despite been a supporter of GEJ, i believe this is a wrong move, which would give rise to more groups, within the nearest future.
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 31, 2011
But Boko haram will request Sharia and nothing more, They have two more problems if Amnesty is given,

there will be Xtian militia looking to tuurn Southern states Xtian, and then there will be those who want to BAN religion entirely!!
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by musiwa48: 6:40pm On Jul 31, 2011
The issue is no finance payment should be made to any militant group. Either MEND or Boko haram. If anyone as  to pay. it is their state that should pay for this. If you pay MEND and Pay BOKO HARAM too. other group want to get pay. want to cancel all militant and fix the problem.

Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 31, 2011
Chintua:

Nothing wrong with 'negotiating' peace with the TALIBAN on foreign soil.
America will NOT negotiate 'peace' talks with ANYONE that farts on Americans inside or outside America.
Big difference sir!
Make Taliban come tryam for American soil, make we see how much 'negotiation' America go do.
Mu he he he he

In Nigeria you have Nigerians messing with Nigerian lives and Nigeria's stability.
You negotiate with Kidnappers. .

Its indeed sad!
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2011
Chintua:

Nothing wrong with 'negotiating' peace with the TALIBAN on foreign soil. [size=13pt]Especially when the host government wants to negotiate ( the negotiation was not innitiated by the United states but by Afghan government).[/size]
Big difference sir!
Mu he he he he

You negotiate with Kidnappers. . .

Na wa ooo!
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2011
Yes i agreed with the federal gov.let see this bloody stinky ass fellows that depend on federal gov. revenue allocation yet want sharia law that can not pay their bill in their states let their Id be taken so we know this terrorists that is threatening this country. it is good to know your enemies so you don't wast your bullet when shoting grin cool
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by lshbroker: 7:19pm On Jul 31, 2011
nice, make una talk well i beg
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by mekaboy(m): 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2011

lol, i can imagine the look on Jonathan face when they will list their conditions.

1, Every northern state must practice sharia to the core.

2, no western education- turn all schools to mosques

3, mr. president, step down for a muslim, we cannot be ruled by an infidel. shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by bash673(m): 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2011
proffmanue:

Nigeria has announced it plans to start negotiations with the Boko Haram group, which is blamed for bomb attacks and shootings in the northeast of the country.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/191594.html

where did "press tv" get this picture from?

u guys are just trying to publicize one of your terrorist wing. I have also noticed that press tv is more active in carrying negatives and anti-western news than any other sane news stations.

From places like this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/7110598/Nigeria-rebels-threaten-attacks-on-oil-industry.html

http://www.lesoir.be/actualite/monde/2010-11-18/l-armee-nigeriane-a-libere-19-otages-804009.php

http://www.forbes.com/2010/01/14/most-dangerous-countries-lifestyle-travel-haiti-afghanistan-iraq.html?feed=rss_popstories
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by kulutempa: 8:39pm On Jul 31, 2011
I have said it before and I will say it again. The only way to get anything out of our corrupt leaders is to use violence and threaten their cozy comfortable existence. They want to be left in peace to enjoy their ill gotten money and that is why they are trying to buy off Boko Haram, just like they bought off the Delta militants with amnesty. If only Nigerians can come together and start using the same tactics to demand regular power supply, better roads, hospitals and schools this country will change dramatically. Our leaders are not only thieves, they are also bloody cowards.
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by jamace(m): 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2011
The fed govt should not waste our resources on confused terrorist who do not know why they are fighting in the first place. Their clandestine evil machinations have found them out. If anything, the JTF should intensify the heat on them. Enough of nonsense in this country.
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by jegedefemi(m): 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2011
this presstv self, this picture no look like boko haram
this na niger delta boys o
haba, they don convert grin tongue
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by mekaboy(m): 8:49pm On Jul 31, 2011
naija delta militants faught for their right

BOKO HARAM IS FIGHTING FOR  SATAN.

BECAUSE ITS ONLY SOMEONE THAT WORSHIPS SATAN WILL HATE EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT.

Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 31, 2011
I am just waiting to see if FG is willing to negotiate the secular nature of this country.

I will also like to see if the FG is willing to negotiate education for our little kids.

These are the demands of BokoHaram as we know it. If these demands turn out to have a monetry equivalent, or if BokoHaram are willing to stop fighting in exchange for any amnesty programme when an Islamic State has not been created and Western education has not been banned in Nigeria then it will be obvious that there is a clear militancy-scam going on in this country.
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by tyson55(m): 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2011
kulutempa:

I have said it before and I will say it again. The only way to get anything out of our corrupt leaders is to use violence and threaten their cozy comfortable existence. They want to be left in peace to enjoy their ill gotten money and that is why they are trying to buy off Boko Haram, just like they bought off the Delta militants with amnesty. If only Nigerians can come together and start using the same tactics to demand regular power supply, better roads, hospitals and schools this country will change dramatically. Our leaders are not only thieves, they are also bloody cowards.

x2
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2011

Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by Tyche(m): 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2011
If this happens, then it's a shame.
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by andybest2(m): 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2011
meen!! So wetin dey pay now na violence. N.D don do their own 4 their side govt go settle them, now boko haram don dey do their own again govt wan go settle them. The expo wey i wan giv naija govt be say make them dey expect another group wey go carry another style come after boko and the name go be EWANG (Endless War Against Naija Government). Bokoharam are just local amatures and they are panicing the whole country. I wonder wht will hapen whn EWANG begins their attack with war planes making aso rock their 1st target. When a father flogs his child, an orphan learns his lesson, We sit don de luk our yeye leaders,
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by iz2much: 10:48pm On Jul 31, 2011
thats messed up and f'cu'ked up
how will Nigeria's leaders be so stupid and foolish to succumb to that sh'i't
peace talk my black a's''s
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by nsiadi: 12:11am On Aug 01, 2011
A good government does not discriminate. If an Aboki dies due to Boko Haram its still Nigeria that lost somebody
Yara dua negotiated wt N D militants and Nigeria is better for it. We are again earning handsomely from oil

GEJ promised them carrot & stick, & surely they have had enuf of stick these past 10 days
The ground has been softened so they can now listen

The soldiers, meanwhile, should continue wt their good action in Bornu State
Who says Goodluck is not a tactician, he successfully disarmed Obj, Atiku, IBB, Chiroma

B4 long he wl bring us a single tenure, If we refuse the carrot he may allow SNC
Our seers have not seen this
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by kizito96(m): 2:21am On Aug 01, 2011
The members say they do not speak english, how is the discussion going to take place.
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by Wilfredng: 6:45am On Aug 01, 2011
It is disheartening when one feels insecure in his own country home. For God's sake (or Allah if you wish) why would our government admit to such a discussion? These people have caused a lot of lives already, so my question is Where are the forces

I wonder when the Police and Soldiers will leave our high ways and think of something reasonable to do. All of them have left their work to cluster in Lagos-Ore-Benin road and various other places in the West and South East forcefully extorting money from helpless Nigerians. Even the so called customs left where they should be and preferred to be on the highways instead of the borders.

Can someone tell me what da h.e.l.l is wrong with this country

Kai! I miss BABA, The only area bomber.
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by salix9ice(m): 7:56am On Aug 01, 2011
When will nigerians learn, we don't negotiate with criminals
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by gogodaye(m): 9:30am On Aug 01, 2011
At long last, some body in government is pretending to be out with the solution to this issue. Boko Haram, MEND, MASSOB, OPC are products and ready made dividends of bad governance in our polity.

These guys are not anti- western as they are being painted out to be. Whilst they were in the good books of their politician god fathers in the north east, they were not brandied terrorist until they fell apart with the president's son in law who cross carpeted from the ANPP to PDP.

The use of brute force to put down mass disenchantment and the glee and fan fare with which the police officers filmed their acts of impunity. Consequent upon large scale outcry, an abortive enquiry was instituted to determine if the culpability of the security agencies. as is usual in our part of the globe, nothing cane out of the NSA's panel. Only too recently some police officers were purportedly being tried for the extra judicial killing of the Yusuf Mohammed. Nothing has been said about the others shot dead by the security agencies. Let every one shown on the video clips be brought to justice.

Finally let those who run the nigerian government be sincere to the nigerian people whom they lead. After much denials by the Military, we now have admissions of indulgence in acts of impunity also by the JTF operatives.

These rampaging security operatives would some day be visiting our neighbourhoods should we fail to put an end to their acts of impunity.
Re: Nigeria To Begin Talks With Boko Haram by namfav(m): 10:24am On Aug 01, 2011
it took gej ages to get something right

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? / BREAKING NEWS ; Confab Recommends Creation Of 19 New States / On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.