Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? (3222 Views)

Man Catches His Girlfriend With Another Man At Abuja Mall (Video) / Who Does A Man Love More, The Woman He Lies To Or The One He Tells The Truth? / Groom Plays Video Of Bride Cheating With Another Man At Their Wedding Dinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by DavidHarry(m): 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2022
So I've been thinking about this for a while now and I'd like the opinion of the females here or anyone that's keen on this topic.

As a general rule of thumb - women love opportunistically. That is hypergamy. Same reason why they usually keep alot of options when it comes to dating. However I know a woman can be confused on a better option to satisfy her selection but can she possibly be attracted to maybe two men at the same time. And not be perceived as being greedy or whoring?

Let's talk
Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by Bluezy13(m): 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2022
At the same time, Yes.
With equal degree, No.

10 Likes

Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Jul 26, 2022
DavidHarry:
So I've been thinking about this for a while now and I'd like the opinion of the females here or anyone that's keen on this topic.

As a general rule of thumb - women love opportunistically. That is hypergamy. Same reason why they usually keep alot of options when it comes to dating. However I know a woman can be confused on a better option to satisfy her selection but can she possibly be attracted to maybe two men at the same time. And not be perceived as being greedy or whoring?

Let's talk
Women love opportunistically yet you will find women married to rich men, having for themselves side-dicks who are poor as shit? And you also find rich unmarried women "preying" on poor vulnerable men. This your so-called general rule of thumb no make sense at all when reality is considered. undecided

As to your question, I believe women are indeed quite able to love more than one man at a time and you find this mostly in those women who have been able to overcome the stigma attached to such ideas mainly by society. Otherwise, many love and pine for more than one man in secret. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by DavidHarry(m): 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Women love opportunistically yet you will find women married to rich men, having for themselves side-dicks who are poor as shit? And you also find rich unmarried women "preying" on poor vulnerable men. This your so-called general rule of thumb no make sense at all when reality is considered. undecided

As to your question, I believe women are indeed quite able to love more than one man at a time and you find this mostly in those women who have been able to overcome the stigma attached to such ideas mainly by society. Otherwise, many love and pine for more than one man in secret. undecided

A woman having side dicks is a LovePeddler woman. Not love. And 'preying' is not also love. Anyways I think your point is that women have been stigmatized not to love more than one man. However I could I argue that it is biological, you can't call something that has been happening since more than a century ago stigmatized.

1 Like

Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by DavidHarry(m): 4:23pm On Jul 27, 2022
Bluezy13:
At the same time, Yes.
With equal degree, No.

But another case, don't you think there is 'one person' a woman falls in love with... and even if the person dies she won't move on. What's that thing?
Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Jul 27, 2022
DavidHarry:
1. A woman having side dicks is a LovePeddler woman. Not love. And 'preying' is not also love.

2. Anyways I think your point is that women have been stigmatized not to love more than one man. However I could I argue that it is biological, you can't call something that has been happening since more than a century ago stigmatized.
Una too dey like to rewrite dictionary when attempting to sound reasonable, even small. undecided

1. A prostitute/lovepeddler is either a businessman or woman who officially receives money as payment for sex. That has nothing to do with this here discussion. undecided

Preying in this case involves taking advantage of those damaged. There is no such thing as love in those cases since love involves sacrifice while those who prey on the weak do the opposite. undecided

2. You can argue all you pretend but the fact is society has always stigmatized women for choosing to have more than one lover at a time. Nothing biological about such stigma. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by Savedday: 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2022
9ja girls don't love and dey will never love u.

They are nothing but useless. All of them...

Know this and know peace

3 Likes

Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by DavidHarry(m): 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Una too dey like to rewrite dictionary when attempting to sound reasonable, even small. undecided

1. A prostitute/lovepeddler is either a businessman or woman who officially receives money as payment for sex. That has nothing to do with this here discussion. undecided

Preying in this case involves taking advantage of those damaged. There is no such thing as love in those cases since love involves sacrifice while those who prey on the weak do the opposite. undecided

2. You can argue all you pretend but the fact is society has always stigmatized women for choosing to have more than one lover at a time. Nothing biological about such stigma. undecided

I wrote something banal and I was automatically corrected to lovepeddler. Maybe that's why it's misunderstood.

Well

Nobody stopped women from having multiple lovers both now and then. Especially now. It just wasn't reasonable. Biologically? A woman would want protection and security from the man she conceives for. If you were that man, that provides this, would you feel comfortable if she shares you with another man?

Let's say it's stigmatization, isn't it designed to favor women nonetheless?
Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by paulolee(m): 6:22pm On Jul 27, 2022
she can even love 10 girls as long as she get Wetin each dey Gv her, girls fall in love wen de gained something from u..
but the degree of love n respect would differ..

1 Like

Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by Ahmback(m): 6:26pm On Jul 27, 2022
Something that nigerian girls have been doing since the days of noah...

1 Like

Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Jul 27, 2022
DavidHarry:
1. I wrote something banal and I was automatically corrected to lovepeddler. Maybe that's why it's misunderstood.

2. Well, Nobody stopped women from having multiple lovers both now and then. Especially now.

3. It just wasn't reasonable. Biologically? A woman would want protection and security from the man she conceives for. If you were that man, that provides this, would you feel comfortable if she shares you with another man?

Let's say it's stigmatization, isn't it designed to favor women nonetheless?
1. undecided

2. Is it that you don't understand what stigmatization is capable of doing to the human psyche or what? undecided

3. Wasn't reasonable by whose assessment abeg? undecided

So the only form in which a woman can obtain protection and security from a man she conceives for is that which denies her her freedom as an individual? undecided

4. How in the world is stigmatization of this, or any, kind to the benefit of anyone, even women?, undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by imagrg(m): 6:38pm On Jul 27, 2022
You cannot satisfy a woman's desire all alone that's the reason why she seeks satisfaction elsewhere.
By so doing she gets entangled in that emotional twist called love with another partner. So her notion of love is cloned love. She could love one partner because of the financial cover she enjoys via him and love another because of his sexual attraction or his handsome and manly nature.
Yes, a woman has the capacity to love several men depending on what she finds attractive in them. And natural enough, she can fine tune her emotions to any specific wave length that presents itself at any given instance. That, a man is not capable of doing!

In reality though, no woman is really capable of true love. Their love for men is temporary. It comes with the spur of the moment. When that attraction wanes, they quickly adapt and find another option. They dump you and make you cry like a baby whose mother denied breast milk! grin

5 Likes

Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by Bluezy13(m): 6:41pm On Jul 27, 2022
DavidHarry:

But another case, don't you think there is 'one person' a woman falls in love with... and even if the person dies she won't move on. What's that thing?

Because she has not met another person that she could fall in love with.
I have a friend, a colleague at work who lost her fiance. She was broken. A single mother. He was her first and only love. The father of her child.
She never believed she would fall in love again. She even said she will remain a single mother. But today, she found love again and they are planning wedding; though she still maintain she is still inlove with the demised husband and Peradventure he comes back to life, she will still go back to him.

As I am typing this, I am sitting beside her.
Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by Mikester: 7:05pm On Jul 27, 2022
Do women ever love in the truest sense of it? I don't quite agree but I know a woman's heart becomes a dustbin suffering from unreciprocated love after she loses her virginity and has been sampled amongst a number of men.

It is not wise to think that Eros love is love in actuality.
Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by Sweetvie: 11:03pm On Jul 27, 2022
Lol... Interesting topic
Actually I am interested in knowing the answer
Lemme take myself as an example... There was a particular time, My senior he was just like a friend/ brother for me... That if I got confused or av any questions he will be the first person I will ask so as time go on if he didn't reply my msgs quickly i felt somehow. So later got a boyfriend i really like my bf then but i do feel keen to read my senior message than my bf own... Maybe they send message same time I will first check senior own b4 my bf... So I got this confused thinking i like my senior. Then later realize that it just admiration and respect i have for him.

1 Like

Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by DavidHarry(m): 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2022
Bluezy13:

I have a friend, a colleague at work who lost his fiance. She was broken. A single mother. He was her first and only love. The father of her child.
She never believed she would fall in love again. She even said she will remain a single mother. But today, she found love again and they are planning wedding; though she still maintain she is still inlove with the demised husband and Peradventure he comes back to life, she will still go back to him.

That's True talk. First and only love.. classical! Some people will call her an Alpha widow. The man wouldn't have to be dead, he might just be long distance away from her. Another scenario, for some reason the two of them didn't work out. But She just won't get over that guy in particular.

So maybe a woman can't possibly receive that same effect from another man. She probably can't be in love with two guys the same time. At some point she has to give-in to one (likely the one that serves her pursuit at the moment, be it marriage or playmate or even both)
Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by DavidHarry(m): 12:31pm On Jul 28, 2022
Sweetvie:
Lol... Interesting topic
Lemme take myself as an example... There was a particular time, My senior he was just like a friend/ brother for me... That if I got confused or av any questions he will be the first person I will ask so as time go on if he didn't reply my msgs quickly i felt somehow. So later got a boyfriend i really like my bf then but i do feel keen to read my senior message than my bf own... Maybe they send message same time I will first check senior own b4 my bf... So I got this confused thinking i like my senior. Then later realize that it just admiration and respect i have for him.

Maybe your senior didn't push to date you for some reason. You may have imagined he asked you out. Anyways, he friend-zoned himself. If he had come correct with you, it would have been a different story. Probably romantic or no. I don't see any strong desire with your BF, maybe if he was more respectful or matured as your senior (with his sexual intentions), it would have been his msgs you'd be dying to read.

In any case you may fall for two guys but you probably can't be in love with them The same time.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by DavidHarry(m): 12:41pm On Jul 28, 2022
Savedday:
9ja girls don't love and dey will never love u.

They are nothing but useless. All of them...

Know this and know peace

Come on man... if your game is tight 3 Nigerian girls be in love with you at the same time. And wouldn't even mind sharing you. Do yourself well.

Most Nigerian women are just there but if you can tame them you'd be alright. Chase and play with them, they're beautiful, hot girls out there.
Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by DavidHarry(m): 1:04pm On Jul 28, 2022
Mikester:
Do women ever love in the truest sense of it? I don't quite agree but I know a woman's heart becomes a dustbin suffering from unreciprocated love after she loses her virginity and has been sampled amongst a number of men.

It is not wise to think that Eros love is love in actuality.

I know where you're coming from. Men are the true romantics. Men are the ones that love Ideally not women. Women in my opinion rarely fall in love or they love opportunistically. For example when she's young and sexy, she needs a strong guy, with style and is good in bed. When she's aging and a little sexy she needs a dearing husband, a provider and protector. If you're both, then Bang! Men don't care so long as she's attractive and available.

In my opinion a woman should only open her leg to whomever she feels secure with or is capable of protecting her. Because if she opens to many or two, when it's war time the man would never consider 'saving' what doesn't belong to him.

1 Like

Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by Tboymessiah(m): 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2022
Bluezy13:

I have a friend, a colleague at work who lost her fiance. She was broken. A single mother. He was her first and only love. The father of her child.

NasoLifeBe!!!
Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by DavidHarry(m): 1:14pm On Jul 28, 2022
imagrg:
You cannot satisfy a woman's desire all alone that's the reason why she seeks satisfaction elsewhere.
By so doing she gets entangled in that emotional twist called love with another partner. So her notion of love is cloned love. She could love one partner because of the financial cover she enjoys via him and love another because of his sexual attraction or his handsome and manly nature.
Yes, a woman has the capacity to love several men depending on what she finds attractive in them. And natural enough, she can fine tune her emotions to any specific wave length that presents itself at any given instance. That, a man is not capable of doing!

In reality though, no woman is really capable of true love. Their love for men is temporary. It comes with the spur of the moment. When that attraction wanes, they quickly adapt and find another option. They dump you and make you cry like a baby whose mother denied breast milk! grin

I agree almost totally with what you say.

Though as a guy before a woman dumps you, she should know what she's losing. Whether it's your way of life, money, your manners, whatever it is. I think He should have that strong effect on any girl he's chasing.

I think your point a woman, if she loves more than one man at the same time is considered greedy or lovepeddling
Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by DavidHarry(m): 1:21pm On Jul 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. undecided

2. Is it that you don't understand what stigmatization is capable of doing to the human psyche or what? undecided

3. Wasn't reasonable by whose assessment abeg? undecided

So the only form in which a woman can obtain protection and security from a man she conceives for is that which denies her her freedom as an individual? undecided

4. How in the world is stigmatization of this, or any, kind to the benefit of anyone, even women?, undecided

So your point is a woman loving two or more men is possible and conceiving for different, good for the society. She's a free woman and can do whatever she likes. She's not lovepeddling

Point taken
Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by Kobojunkie: 1:26pm On Jul 28, 2022
DavidHarry:
So your point is a woman loving two or more men is possible and conceiving for different, good for the society. She's a free woman and can do whatever she likes. She's not lovepeddling

Point taken
What has the one to do with the other? undecided

Do all men even currently do all that which is good for the society at even this point in time? Nonsense! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by Sweetvie: 4:58pm On Jul 28, 2022
DavidHarry:

Maybe your senior didn't push to date you for some reason. You may have imagined he asked you out. Anyways, he friend-zoned himself. If he had come correct with you, it would have been a different story. Probably romantic or no. I don't see any strong desire with your BF, maybe if he was more respectful or matured as your senior (with his sexual intentions), it would have been his msgs you'd be dying to read.

In any case you may fall for two guys but you probably can't be in love with them The same time.
you're very right coz back then I do ask myself if my senior ask me out if am going to say no? Which I know i will probably say yes. And yes kinda right my bf is my friend and you u know that kind of situation wen ur friend fall in love with you and you don't wanna say no coz u don't want to lose the friendship but I can't double date so it either I break up with my bf. But not sure a girl can love two guys same time grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by Mikester: 7:19am On Jul 29, 2022
DavidHarry:

I know where you're coming from. Men are the true romantics. Men are the ones that love Ideally not women. Women in my opinion rarely fall in love or they love opportunistically. For example when she's young and sexy, she needs a strong guy, with style and is good in bed. When she's aging and a little sexy she needs a dearing husband, a provider and protector. If you're both, then Bang! Men don't care so long as she's attractive and available.

In my opinion a woman should only open her leg to whomever she feels secure with or is capable of protecting her. Because if she opens to many or two, when it's war time the man would never consider 'saving' what doesn't belong to him.

Women are known to rarely take sound advice.
Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by JOACHINpedro: 7:29am On Jul 29, 2022
The only true love from ladies exist between herself and her offspring. As a man, don't fight this fact it doesn't end well if you do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by DavidHarry(m): 1:17pm On Jul 29, 2022
Mikester:

Women are known to rarely take sound advice.

Women thrive in pathos. They go with whatever their emotions tell them. That's why it's easier to sway them with lies or whatever makes them feel good at that moment. It's only when that things starts going side ways they remember they can reason

1 Like

Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 31, 2022
Sweetvie:
Lol... Interesting topic

I would prefer a girl had admiration and respect for me, Respect is the anchor of every successful relationship, but yh, there's the friend zone, let me tell u, when I talk to a girl within few minutes I already know if she's serious or not, and I rarely ever change my mind

2 Likes

Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by Sweetvie: 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2022
Heathrow44:

I would prefer a girl had admiration and respect for me, Respect is the anchor of every successful relationship, but yh, there's the friend zone, let me tell u, when I talk to a girl within few minutes I already know if she's serious or not, and I rarely ever change my mind
smile... Yeah respect
But I alws feel if anyone need respect you av to earn it even in a relationship. I want respect of course coz if you respect me there are certain things u will do and things u won't. You know most girls alws feel guys ain't seriously about anything just want to have their go and dump dem... That's y most ain't serious unless u show them ur own seriousness.
Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by Nyascobar1414: 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2022
Chaos should befall real men that love women...
They dont know that women cant and wont love...

They will pay for their stup!d!ty one day, Just one day!

1 Like

Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 31, 2022
Sweetvie:
smile... Yeah respect
But I alws feel if anyone need respect you av to earn it even in a relationship. I want respect of course coz if you respect me there are certain things u will do and things u won't. You know most girls alws feel guys ain't seriously about anything just want to have their go and dump dem... That's y most ain't serious unless u show them ur own seriousness.

Men do cheat but is just a flirt or one night stand for them, they still go back to d woman they like but women when they cheat they cheat with every emotion, respect they once had, once a woman cheats ur relationship is heading for breakup or divorce cos they would be emotionally attached to the person they just had intimacy with, Respect stops a man from becoming a monster to the woman but respect can never stop a woman from cheating and becoming into something else, When a girl says she respects u in Nigeria , u re friend zoned, a friend zone Is not good for the man and woman, its mutually assured destruction, most guys too re too scared to get emotionally attached to girls of nowadays,
Re: Is It Truly Possible For A Woman To Love More Than One Man At The Same Time? by Sweetvie: 5:41pm On Jul 31, 2022
Heathrow44:

Men do cheat but is just a flirt or one night stand for them, they still go back to d woman they like but women when they cheat they cheat with every emotion, respect they once had, once a woman cheats ur relationship is heading for breakup or divorce cos they would be emotionally attached to the person they just had intimacy with, Respect stops a man from becoming a monster to the woman but respect can never stop a woman from cheating and becoming into something else, When a girl says she respects u in Nigeria , u re friend zoned, a friend zone Is not good for the man and woman, its mutually assured destruction, most guys too re too scared to get emotionally attached to girls of nowadays,
smile... I feel u
To me every woman out there want a perfect relationship which i think it impossible. I must say as a girl we av little control over our emotions. If they find out there boyfriend is cheating on them most of them find it so unforgivable, I mean someone you av been faithful to for months or years how will you feel? That is how they feel, they want their guy only for themselves but guys can't keep their eyes and third leg to themselves. Most girls cheat nowadays bcoz of the pain they gone through. We all have a story to tell abt r/ship u know? Some guys will say bcoz the girl they loved betrayed them they won't love any girls and be breaking their heart for revenge or pleasure. And that also goes for the girls. And now I think girl keep second relationship becoz they felt unsure, wanted to be on the safer side. And when girl noticed their side chick treat them better than the real boyfriend they will be emotionally attached like u said. Yeah, most Nigeria girls think u only need to respect ur elders not ur boyfriend.
The way most guys are afraid of been emotionally attached to a girl is also the way girls are also afraid. Lol the both side have a story to tell. That's y if you see someone that really care, respect and love you for who you're don't joke or play with the person emotions it rare smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hubby Finds Wife Inside Club's Male Toilet With Man (video) / Where Are My Hausa Speaking Nairalanders? Please Come In Let's Have A Talk. / Which 3 Tribe In Nigeria Has The Majority Of Curvy & Big Ass Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.