Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) - NYSC (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) (93990 Views)

Corper Who Proposed To A Military Woman Celebrates His Birthday Today / Burial Photos Of Corper Who Drowned In Bayelsa Boat Accident; Friends Mourn / Kogi Election: Corper Who Died, Buried Amidst Tears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by emorse(m): 11:44pm On Jul 27, 2022
Softmirror:

LET ME JUST GO STRAIGHT TO THE POINT USING YOUR CHOICE OF ANALOGY WHICH IS JERSEY. TAKE A LOOK AT THE PICTURE BELOW AND USE YOUR NUMBER SIX ..
The ladies in the photos have trousers/leggings that were APPROVED by the governing bodies on. The NYSC uniform is a t-shirt, a pair of trousers and a jacket. I'm not aware that they have APPROVED skirts. Enlighten me please.

By the way, I don't know if you're old enough to remember that the Cameroonian national team used the jerseys in the first photo after their first game at the 2002 AFCON because FIFA/CAF REJECTED the sleeveless one in the second photo. Do you still want to talk about uniforms sir?

Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by lendahand(m): 11:52pm On Jul 27, 2022
otipoju:

You this guy your mind is so narrow that you lack common sense at times and know absolutely nothing about the Christian faith and Bible that you like to quote. Your type usually have very dark hearts filled with wickedness and are to lazy to learn the right way.

Who says trousers is not for women. In fact who needs them more to cover up their private parts because skirts leave them wide open and easily accessible when they are seated ? It is women.

Trousers are a relatively modern human invention that was created for military horse riders around the 6th century BC. It was created to protect the skin around the thighs from peeling from friction with the horse back. Trousers were first invented because robes are uncomfortable to wear on horseback. In fact, those who wore trousers in battle had the upper hand over those who wore robes. For this reason, civilisations all over the world adopted this form of dress to survive battle.

Don't quote bible for me ooo. Because God did not create trouser and trousers has nothing to do with Sin because Sin is rebellion against God and therefore it is the condition of your heart towards your maker.

In biblical times both men and women were dressed in robes meaning that what the men of that time wore everyday is closer to the gowns that women wear today.

Even in heaven men and women will be dressed white robes and not men wearing trousers and women wearing skirts. Stop thinking and talking like a muntula. Christ says his yoke is light. Stop putting irrelevant yoke on your neck and focus on the important things.
you're very correct my dear brother. Some feel they can teach the spirit of the Lord. There are very good Christian women like Joyce Meyer who even preach on leggings well covered but are on fire!!! Most will match into heaven before the Palazzo skirt wearing lot gets to the gate even. My wife didn't grow up wearing trousers, when she joined me in the city, she tried wearing it but her heart kept telling her that she's now putting on what she used to condemn as a sister back then as an SU sister and she quitted. I didn't blame her because whatsoever is not of faith automatically becomes a sin and that's the reason why some will condemn themselves and go to hell as ladies wearing the same trousers and many others who were raised with it and saw nothing wrong in putting it on will match into same heaven wearing it. Only thing is I don't judge along these lines, God is Judge! Most important thing is a Christian having a heart of flesh that listens to the Spirit, you can never go wrong this way.

Shalom
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Xoftme101(m): 11:56pm On Jul 27, 2022
Religion of the MENTed�
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by ayibaisgud: 12:22am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:
There is nothing absolutely wrong with her wearing a skirt. It's the same material, it's the same uniform.

Even in the military, you have women who put on their skirts.

Trouser is not for women! It's for men.
Even if the whole women Worldwide put on trousers, it doesn't make it right.
She is not man! And so her putting on skirt is not a crime.

Infact she is a worthy example for the ladies.

The gowns those in the Bible days wore, wasn't it unisex,...? Is skirt not worn in Switzerland?
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by TWoods(m): 12:28am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:
There is nothing absolutely wrong with her wearing a skirt. It's the same material, it's the same uniform.

I usually agree with you, but this is simply not it.

1. Which female soldier wears skirts to the battle field?

2. The idea that trouser is for men but not for women is simply culture disguised as the bible. The ancient bible heroes all wore what we would call a skirt today. In fact the books of Jeremiah and Nahum mention this. The trouser is man's invention... we decided what gender should wear it, not the bible. For too long, Nigerian Christians have put themselves in bondage over trousers. It's time to move on.

3. Her putting on skirt is not a crime... but that isn't the point. Every Nigerian knows what the NYSC uniform is. You are not at liberty to change it simply because of your religion... it is not compulsory to participate in the NYSC.

4. Nah, she isn't a role model to women, she is an example of what we should shun, refusal to abide by simple rules because we want to do whatever makes us feel good. I don't get to go sew my own military uniform, using whatever material I want and be taken seriously when I go into the barracks. Romans 13 tells us to be subject to governing authorities... which includes wearing the general uniform that has been approved for the NYSC for more than 40 years.

3 Likes

Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Billygee2u: 12:34am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by SavageResponse(m): 12:35am On Jul 28, 2022
nijaomegacode:

Come, are you normal? That's NYSC not Islamic school. NYSC has standard which they should respect.

Don't mind the goat
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Sensiblerealist: 1:01am On Jul 28, 2022
See the buffoon wey you dey quote.
The use of language and the way inn take type inn contribution suppose don show you the kind person you dey share Media space with.
Awon extremist ofo

Gandollar:
Sharaaaap Oga killer. Imagine killing someone over this matter.

I see a lot of girls going to Ile kewu wearing trousers and flowing gowns on top.

If she has permission from the authorities, let her show them and palava finish.
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Alexgeneration(m): 1:59am On Jul 28, 2022
ivandragon:
Though the NYSC scheme gradually loses its relevance yearly, the fact remains that it is a semi-paramilitary service (if I can use that classing) & is very regimented which is why Camps have a lot of military personnel & the DG of NYSC is always a top military officer.

Given the above, it is almost impossible to see a female soldier or female security officer wearing clothing outside the norm or approved wears, hence, same is applicable to Corpers...

However, the NYSC may consider looking into this aspect & come up with an acceptable standard for those who have strong religious beliefs on clothing or alternatively, make the Camp optional for those set of people (females only).
Create a separate uniform for religious people? Make serving the fatherland an option for religious people?

Are you mad? Do you think with your feet?
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by benardtotti(m): 2:06am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

No Matter the kind of uniform or whatever you do, I cannot as a man, put on a skirt. It is abomination.
So likewise it is for a woman.
We Live in a world where abnormality and abominations has become normal.

I rather Please GOD than please man under any guise.

Your problem is you lack knowledge and understanding.... who brought trousers to Africa? Did your fore father's wear trousers? Jesus you claim as your lord and Savior what did he wear during his time ? Did he wear trousers? So someone like you will go to Scotland and tell the men they are sinners cos they wear their traditional outfit of skirts? You really need to spend more time studying to show yourself approved a workman who need not be ashamed .
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by 41lady(m): 2:37am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

I disagree with you on this case, in the real or actual dressing, women are the ones who supposed to be wearing trouser because,
1. There private part is the one which has opening and easily expose to predator.
2. Men are to put on something like skirt because their balls are not meant to be under high temperature and that's why God created it to be outside the body not inside.
3. The ancient men don't put on trousers and even Jesus Christ when He was in the world, no where it is written that He and his disciples wore trouser.
4. Finale, this is a law, everybody is expected to wear trouser and why is her case different. The Islamic and western countries I visited all the women wore trousers, even the Saudis where their profake came from.
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by gloryman91: 3:02am On Jul 28, 2022
All these are the parts of insecurities in the country, let individual do things the way it suits him or her, and we should avoid hatred for each other please let get things right for the betterment of our future.
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by AJCA: 3:26am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

No Matter the kind of uniform or whatever you do, I cannot as a man, put on a skirt. It is abomination.

You are just a fool
Scott is an abomination then. Who stated that trouser should be for men ND skirt for women. Did Jesus not wear a gown? Abi him to is an abomination. Let religion be cast away. Use your brain, stop been a fool
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by mandikwilliams: 3:32am On Jul 28, 2022
I RESERVE MY COMMENTARY UNTILL I HEAR FROM ISHAQ AKINTOLA (MURIC[color=#000000][/color])
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by ANTIlSLAM(m): 3:32am On Jul 28, 2022
Na them again, they will tag it as blasphemy for sending that slave girl away
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Kdon2: 4:00am On Jul 28, 2022
Naijareporter1:
Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqkP-fW9IKk

Corp member asked to “get a letter from the state coordinator” after showing up at Ogun camp in palazzo skirt.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cgg9rIBqjmB/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Illiterate fools everywhere! grin
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Amuluonyenaego: 4:04am On Jul 28, 2022
Mindlog:

At what point in history, did trousers become male clothing? The bible talked about robes and tunics.
Na still them wey wear trouser pass u wrote the Bible. Free urself from mental slavery my brother.
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by LOVEGINO(m): 4:07am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

no be by force to serve na.
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by correctyourself(m): 4:12am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

Will she be comfortable when it's time to engage on camp excercise, like climbing of trees and mountain?
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by ImaIma1(f): 4:17am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

Says who? Where is it in the Bible or in the constitution?
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by kaymandak(m): 4:43am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

What's the origin of trousers?
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by ivandragon: 5:34am On Jul 28, 2022
Alexgeneration:
Create a separate uniform for religious people? Make serving the fatherland an option for religious people?

Are you mad? Do you think with your feet?

Why are you so mannerless?

Do you speak out of your butthole before you think with your brain?
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by ivandragon: 5:38am On Jul 28, 2022
khadaffi:

Did I hear you call NYSC a semi paramilitary service? Where did you get that phrase from. NYSC is a full paramilitary organisation. It is actually listed officially as part of the reserved army of Nigeria. The first time I heard a government official referring to them as a reserved army I did my findings and found it to be true. Unfortunately many don't still know this.

If you were to read my write up with patience, you would see I put a caveat in bracket beside that phrase which means I know exactly what NYSC is all about.

But the reality is quite different, hence the use of my 'phrase'.
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by 300Spartans: 5:40am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

Makamatic: 5:15pm On Jul 27
If she want come do drills nkor , when she climb net everybody for down go they see the passageway to her kunto .
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by twilliamx(m): 6:00am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

So if she is walking the rope, or climbing the obstacles. Make them dey look her yansh?
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by Major7: 6:04am On Jul 28, 2022
I strongly disagree with you on this sir! The essence of putting on the uniform is best known to all. Can she partake in drilling exercises in skirts? Can the military ladies wage war in skirts? I guess you know the answer. If she's not comfortable in the trouser, let her opt for exemption from service as it's not a do or die affair and stop constituting nuisance.

Righteousness2:

Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by rolexino(m): 6:20am On Jul 28, 2022
I think it's a deliberate act and knowing fully well that it's not suppose even at this time when there are so much heat � everywhere.

What if christians cops start wearing holy Mary kind of dresses for female to camp

Male will design their uniform in garments and co

Then, there is no need calling it nysc camp instead, it should be called religion camp.
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by GreyLaw(m): 6:21am On Jul 28, 2022
ivandragon:
Though the NYSC scheme gradually loses its relevance yearly, the fact remains that it is a semi-paramilitary service (if I can use that classing) & is very regimented which is why Camps have a lot of military personnel & the DG of NYSC is always a top military officer.

Given the above, it is almost impossible to see a female soldier or female security officer wearing clothing outside the norm or approved wears, hence, same is applicable to Corpers...

However, the NYSC may consider looking into this aspect & come up with an acceptable standard for those who have strong religious beliefs on clothing or alternatively, make the Camp optional for those set of people (females only).

No, go ahead and make exceptions for everybody else it would be termed as gender discrimination. Why people cannot use their head baffles me. If that lady were to be in the military would she be wearing that nonsense?

She should serve her one year and go back to dressing as she likes. In case she doesn't know, service to humanity and your nation is service to God.
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by phemmyfour: 6:31am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

Illiterate

It's not about the material.

The word uniform was derived from "UNITY" and ""FORMAL "

You have to appear formal according to kits presented to you by NYSC and there must be "UNITY" on dressing i.e your appearance shouldn't be different from your colleagues
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by ivandragon: 6:37am On Jul 28, 2022
GreyLaw:

No, go ahead and make exceptions for everybody else it would be termed as gender discrimination. Why people cannot use their head baffles me. If that lady were to be in the military would she be wearing that nonsense?

She should serve her one year and go back to dressing as she likes. In case she doesn't know, service to humanity and your nation is service to God.

Some of you just come across as lacking in manners.

If you have a contrary opinion to my personal opinion, do you have to be mannerless in your response?

There are some countries that allow different approved dressings for their female officers. With the NYSC being what it is, is there anything wrong if some adjustments are made to accommodate limited interests? & if no, then status quo remains, simple.
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by drexel39(m): 6:39am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

so female athlete should wear skirt for sports?
Re: Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) by cochexky: 6:40am On Jul 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

Are you kidding me? Obviously you have not been to camp before, if u did, u wouldn't have wrote this misleading comment.

Wearing skirt means she won't participate in all the activities. Lol you just shocked me shaa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is She The Biggest Female Copper In Nigeria? / Male Corper Carries Two Female Corpers On Both Hands At The Same Time (photo) / Corper Gbadamosi Mayowa Brags About Sleeping With His Students In Edo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.