Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? (10435 Views)

Meet The Shuwa Arab Women Of Nigeria (photos) - Most Beautiful Women In Nigeria! / Top 10 BEST Looking Black Women/Mixed Women Of The NEW WORLD! Winner Takes All! / State 3 Values You Have Added To Your Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by olanajim(m): 8:06am On Aug 15, 2007
Men and women of substance had always been driven by their creeds, and personal phillosophies. We learn from their errors and corrections. These creeds maybe in form of written words or ideological orientation. Words is fast spreading that most men and women on Nairaland are unreal. Unserious etc but I have a contrary opinion.

Let see if we have men and women of values in Nairaland. This is the way it go.

You state your CREED, YOUR ETHICAL VALUEs or Ideology, one at a time. Then others comment on it and test your claim anyway they like by whatever mean. When you are done with, challenge anyone to state his. That fellow must accept the challenge and state his/her creeds. Only men /women who have sound judgement need enter.

I would be using my 3-WAYS MIRROR to guide my judgement.

So, is/ are there real men and women of value on Nairaland? Show your face.
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by BABEELOVE(f): 8:25am On Aug 15, 2007
olanajim:

Men and women of substance had always been driven by their creeds, and personal phillosophies. We learn from their errors and corrections. These creeds maybe in form of written words or ideological orientation. Words is fast spreading that most men and women on Nairaland are unreal. Unserious etc but I have a contrary opinion.

Let's see if we have men and women of values in Nairaland. This is the way it go.

You state your CREED, YOUR ETHICAL VALUEs or Ideology, one at a time. Then others comment on it and test your claim anyway they like by whatever mean. When you are done with, challenge anyone to state his. That fellow must accept the challenge and state his/her creeds. Only men /women who have sound judgement need enter.

I would be using my 3-WAYS MIRROR to guide my judgement.

So, is/ are there real men and women of value on Nairaland? Show your face.

Huh!  Proff Proff!!! You are the man oh---But this is not a romantic topic oh!

Okay! Let me read the rules carefully!

Creed  ----------I believe in myself first before any other entity--physical or spiritual!!!!

Ethical values ---------Freedom/Right to choose without persecution or discrimination!!!!

Ideology
  -------------Life can be a dream or a nightmare, depending on what you choose to make out of it!!! You wake up only when you die!!!!!

Olanajim!!!  I challenge you!!!! grin

Small thing na!!!
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by iice(f): 10:08am On Aug 15, 2007
You and this 3-way mirror sef!!
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by olanajim(m): 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2007
Babeelove, that is a wonderful creed you have got. But, we haven't test your resolve to defend it. Maybe later, we shall see.

My creed and my ideology goes together. Here is it
" Whereever I am, whatever, I do, after God, my loyalty is to humanity as long as they recognize my right to exist; to live my destiny. I recognize that life is short, I therefore lives my everyday as if I would not the morrow, not as a consigned pessimist, rather as one who understand that dreams outlive their dreamers. I would therefore play the role nature assigned me so others can build on it.

All in all, I don't believe any human is completely worthless. Everyone has his/her purpose which could bring smile to someone, somewhere. I had therefore reconfigure myself to look for the goods in everyman and woman and ignore his/her short coming if I can't help change it.

@iice,
nice meeting you. You shouldn't trivialize the mirror theory. Let see if you have any creed. Over to you. Don't forget to be honest about it.
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by iice(f): 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2007
Not trivializing it. . .just making a statement!

Maybe i don't have any creed undecided The rejoinder about honesty was unnecessary
But ya'll free to think what you want
wink
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by olanajim(m): 3:14pm On Aug 15, 2007
iice, I refuse to believe you have no creed. I can't be fool. By your lack of creed, you are advertising your creed.
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by yimiton(f): 3:34pm On Aug 15, 2007
Mine is really simple "Whenever you fall, pick something up" it's not about making mistakes, it's about learning from them.
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by iice(f): 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2007
olanajim:

iice, I refuse to believe you have no creed. I can't be fool. By your lack of creed, you are advertising your creed.

Like i said. . .you are free to think whatever you want wink Tis okay. . .am used to it grin
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by BABEELOVE(f): 3:53pm On Aug 15, 2007
Come oh!!!  Olanajim!!!

The reason I quoted your opening post is that I wanted to make sure you did not make up new rules as you go along!!!

I have to point out that you have failed to follow your own rules!!!

1. you did not state for me to " test and comment" on my own entries.  You specifically asked for "others" to comment and "test" individual entries or claims. 

2. where are your ethical values

Huh!  all these Nigerian schools don tire person!!!

iice:

Not trivializing it. . .just making a statement!

Maybe i don't have any creed undecided The rejoinder about honesty was unnecessary
But ya'll free to think what you want
wink

he he he he he!!! iice iice baby!!!  Trust the green girl to be always an artfull dogder!!!  We understand you have the right to remain silent.  In fact you will always have a universal appeal. I really hail you! Nothing spoil.

yimiton:

Mine is really simple "Whenever you fall, pick something up" it's not about making mistakes, it's about learning from them.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

I think you did not read the "deal' entirely.  You are missing all components and did not follow the rules!!!  The question has 3 parts first of all and you did not challange any to state his or hers!!!

embarassed
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by Hazeleyed(f): 5:21pm On Aug 15, 2007
Huh! all these Nigerian schools don tire person!!!

hahahahahaha.i was actually beginnig to wonder what the problem is.i think i know now.

@BABELOVE, @MILITIA
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by olanajim(m): 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2007
Babeelove, I won't be surprised if i discover you are a "straight As" type at school.

My error. Thanks.

My Ethical value is at the last paragraph. ", I have reconfigure myself to look for goods in every man and woman and ignore his /her shortcomings, "
sorry I didn't highlight it.

Yeah, I am comenting on your post. I just can't jump into conclusion. You really live up your creed from the way you commented on iice's lame defence. You are one of the women of value on nairaland. This isn't an advert for you. Just PLANE truth.

But you have to tell us what you mean by
" you wake up only when you die!" under your ideology. Could you educate the home. Maybe iice can borrow your creed since she didn't have any yet.

Yimiton,
we need a correction and adjustment, 'Oga' had said the rule must not be changed.

iice,
your creed had just been crafted. ''artful dodger" is that correct? My mirror simply go blank each time I focus it on you. I am expecting something of great value underneath that tactical evasion. You are wise, and very cautious. You won't lie and your truth is bitter. No be so? Just tell the truth and leave us to vomit if we must. For daring to post something really show you have a creed. I am not expecting people without value to take a second look at the topic. They are probably looking for 'sex' and 'love' topic and it isn't here unless anyone make sex his/her life ideology.

So I am waiting.
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by olanajim(m): 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2007
Hazel_eye,
show your stuff. Any creed. It isn't about school. Afterall, Dangote is not a professor, just as Bill Gate was a confessed school drop -out. Their creed, and personal ethics, brought them above others.

Over to you.
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by olanajim(m): 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2007
Hazel_eye,
show your stuff. Any creed. It isn't about school. Afterall, Dangote is not a professor, just as Bill Gate was a confessed school drop -out. Their creed, and personal ethics, brought them above others.

Over to you.
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by olanajim(m): 6:42pm On Aug 15, 2007
Hazel_eye,

Over to you.
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by olanajim(m): 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2007
Hazel_eye,

Over to you.
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by iice(f): 3:57am On Aug 16, 2007
olanajim:

Babeelove, I won't be surprised if i discover you are a "straight As" type at school.

My error. Thanks.

My Ethical value is at the last paragraph. ", I have reconfigure myself to look for goods in every man and woman and ignore his /her shortcomings, "
sorry I didn't highlight it.

Yeah, I am comenting on your post. I just can't jump into conclusion. You really live up your creed from the way you commented on iice's lame defence. You are one of the women of value on nairaland. This isn't an advert for you. Just PLANE truth.

But you have to tell us what you mean by
" you wake up only when you die!" under your ideology. Could you educate the home. Maybe iice can borrow your creed since she didn't have any yet.
Yimiton,
we need a correction and adjustment, 'Oga' had said the rule must not be changed.

iice,
your creed had just been crafted. ''artful dodger" is that correct? My mirror simply go blank each time I focus it on you. I am expecting something of great value underneath that tactical evasion. You are wise, and very cautious. You won't lie and your truth is bitter. No be so? Just tell the truth and leave us to vomit if we must. For daring to post something really show you have a creed. I am not expecting people without value to take a second look at the topic. They are probably looking for 'sex' and 'love' topic and it isn't here unless anyone make sex his/her life ideology.

So I am waiting.

Subtle jabs mixed with sarcastic laced flattery grin grin There was a time that got me going. . .am over it grin wink If am crafted the 'artful dodger' (courtesy of babeelove) then its just one of the many things people think i am, cheesy Good man, you don't need to expect anything. . .don't you know people can be disappointing? wink. . .

Babeelove. . .you go scatter my belle one of these days eh grin grin
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by debosky(m): 4:04am On Aug 16, 2007
e be like say one consignment of english dictionaries just hit naija sha!

all this grammar people dey blow for this site today alone don pass all the english wey i learn for school! shocked

I give una yansh o, una well done grin grin

back to topic - women/men on nairaland are unreal? of course they are! how many people will behave in real life the way they do on nairaland? thats part of the purpose it serves.

anyways as to 'creeds' governing these 'men and women of substance', such things can only come to light when discussing serious issues - I might flirt like crazy in the sexuality section and this has no bearing on my 'creed, but my political views/leanings when discussing pertinent issues about Nigeria may give a better insight into what drives me. So in essence, it depends on where you shine this 3 way mirror of yours.
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by ikamefa(f): 4:07am On Aug 16, 2007
3 way-mirror? undecided

when una get 4 ways reflectors let me know cheesy

my creed you said? abi? here:

We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen. We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, one in being with the Father. Through Him all things were made. For us men and our salvation He came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit, He was born of the Virgin Mary , and became man. For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate; He suffered, died, and was buried. On the third day He rose again in fulfillment of the scriptures: He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son, He is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. We believe in one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.
grin
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by olanajim(m): 4:58am On Aug 16, 2007
@iice,
jabs? Sarcasm? Flattery? All mixed into one? Ummm! That is because my mirror fail each time I focus it at you. So I had decided to view your reflection through the melting ice.

"artful dodger" match your description. Babeelove is the queen of invention. We hope to add more unless you do it yourself. Sincerely, "artful dodgers" are crafty. They are not that bad.
Disappointment is not new. Adam disappointed his maker. Just as Judas. I am prepare to see the good in the expected disappointment it is a date.
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by BABEELOVE(f): 5:04am On Aug 16, 2007
Yes!  Olanajim!!! Are you playing with me Straight "ass" student oh!!!  Na beans angry

Hazel---Make you take time oh!  Which problem again!!!  Don't equate me with "immorality" please!

iice---I think you gat more problems than I do!!!  Face your mirror!!!

Ah!   Ika---which "hole" you crawl out from  Missed you terribly!!! What was that you posted up there

Debosky!-----------------Huh!
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by olanajim(m): 5:07am On Aug 16, 2007
Debosky, real men of value you are. I feel you. A man of value know when to laugh and cry. He know he had to mix with other people and therefore, he know when to adjust himself to suit the people. But a MAN OF VALUE WON'T TRADE HIS CREED FOR ANYTHING IN THE WORLD IF HE He is real.
You are right in your observation. Just watchout and see how many men of value, of real ideology would even read the thread. Most guy with dented personalities would forever talk nothing but lewdness, sex and promote vice.
So what is your creed and ethical value? What ideology drives you in your dealings?
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by iice(f): 5:28am On Aug 16, 2007
BABEELOVE:

Yes!  Olanajim!!! Are you playing with me Straight "ass" student oh!!!  Na beans angry

Hazel---Make you take time oh!  Which problem again!!!  Don't equate me with "immorality" please!

iice---I think you gat more problems than I do!!!  Face your mirror!!!

Ah!   Ika---which "hole" you crawl out from  Missed you terribly!!! What was that you posted up there

Debosky!-----------------Huh!

undecided undecided *sighs* well that lasted long

@ Olanajim

Good you know about disappointments. . .it's very useful grin
Crafty you say?. . .People in general can be crafty!
Illusions can be handy sometimes grin
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by olanajim(m): 9:37am On Aug 16, 2007
iice,

Disappointment is a blessing. Crafty people would only succeed in wasting their energy if channelled at the wrong target.

Without disappointment, men would still remain in the jungle feeding like Apes and other Amimals. Adam disappointed God and was driven out of Eden. Surely, we don't had internet in heaven, just like TV is a nowhere near, Judas disappointed Jesus and made jesus the sacrificial lamp for countless souls born and unborn. Obj was disappointed by the failure to clinch third term in office. In anger, he brought in an unknown Yar'adua who later turn out to be a blessing for Naija, at least for the time being.

So iice, anyone who shy away from disappointment is missing the fun, the thrill of being hurt and badly bruised. Then, the attendant joy of recuperating on treatment table where some beautiful creatures attend to your every needs. You suddenly felt like a king deserving all the attention. In betweem pain and pleasure, you find the perfect opportunity to remake yourself;equip yourself with anti-disappontment drugs so that another crazy chap won't polute your peace of mind after your recovery. And if he does, you are ready to render his efforts vain and of no effect. I think the best way to avoid disappointment is to expect it. Prepare for it.

Crafty people can FOOL ALL THE PEOPLE SOME OF THE TIME, THEY CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME. BUT THEY CAN NOT FOOL ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME.

It is therefore suggested that if you must be crafty (in negative sense ) do it, but don't get caught. Why? angry men would go after you and make you wish you had never done it.
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by yimiton(f): 10:39am On Aug 16, 2007
@ Babeelove: Is that all the comment and test you could come up with on my entry? I've decided to write only one, so, get a life and live it!. Besides, read the requirements properly, it say " CREED, ETHICAL VALUES OR IDEOLOGIES, NOT AND IDEOLOGIES!
I guess what Olanajim meant was to test and comment on the practicality and beneficial values of entries not condemning them like "You are missing all components" And as for that ideology of yours, I have a feeling you go out of your way to make people's lives nightmares even when they choose otherwise. Thanks for the challenge part sha, I'm yet to see Siena's so, I'm challenging him. SIENA, OVER TO YOU.
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by BABEELOVE(f): 10:44am On Aug 16, 2007
grin

Nigerian "expo" graduate---always cheating!!! grin

Yes! Bring in Siena! I trust him! cool
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by iice(f): 10:51am On Aug 16, 2007
Olanajim

I do hope you know when someone's humouring you,
when someone's jesting
when someone's speaking in general. . .
grin grin grin

Well. . .you do what you must wink

i am not slow. . .neither does my brain not work wink If it were faulty. . .i'd be the first to let every1 know grin grin
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by BABEELOVE(f): 11:11am On Aug 16, 2007
iice, please have a safe passage and back as you embark on this "metaphysical" rendevouz! Please pack all your "mirrors" in a shatter-free suitcase! Good luck Nairalander! grin
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by kachii(m): 11:20am On Aug 16, 2007
hi yimiton been a while
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by iice(f): 11:21am On Aug 16, 2007
LMAO! babeelove not only metaphysical rendevouz. . . grin grin
Johnny is all i see tongue

nwayz am out of the thread. . .granny will turn into a dried out prune if. . . .grin grin
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by olanajim(m): 11:35am On Aug 16, 2007
Babelove,
somene said, she "think" you go out of your way to make people's life a nightmare. How do we reconcile that with your beautiful creed? Do you have a preference?

Siena?
We are watching.

iice,
I am realistic enough to know the difference between jests humour, reality, and absurd. Between being specific and generalization. Thanks. The bad news is I won't tell you that you are jesting or otherwise. I may even pretent not to know. Instead, I would rather seek to know if I could learn a lesson or more. At least I can remain in the mirror business. I am happy when I get reluctant customers like you. They make business prosper since they won't pay for the service anyway.

Sincerely, however, I maintain that you are NOT BAD. You are hidding something beneath your "artful dodgery" creed (thanks to Babeelove) and I am looking for the goods in it.

Let me tell you about some of the so-called bad men in NL. Like Debosky had tried to point out, they crafted their characters to suit the prevailing atmosphere. In between their jibes and sarcasms, you would discover who they really are. That is where my 3-way mirror helps you.

Niccolo Machiavelli once said:

"a prince who want to maintain profession of goodness in everything would necessarily come to grief among the people who are bad. Therefore, he must learn how to be bad and use his discreetion to determine when to use the skill or refrain from using it"

That's it, iice!
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by olanajim(m): 11:49am On Aug 16, 2007
iice is a positive pretender, she is fleeing to avoid melting down. Should that happen, those who had labour had to unravel her mystery would finally see the beautiful traits she is hidding beneath.

Truth, they says is so delicate that it must be protected by bodyguard of lies. iice is a student of Machieavellian philosophy. She is the master in Nairaland.
Re: Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? by fatty27: 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2007
I am new here and had been following this thread especially because of Dr. mirror. Who is running away because of a mirror? And by the way the guy is telling you that you are the mirror he is using! Are you scared? Are you afraid he may succeed in revealing your true colour? Anyway, if it is true, you are the mirror, then going to other thread won't help your cause. The mirror still follow you.

I agree with that mirror guy "in toto and totality". Don't mind the language, he had a good point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Shocks Internet With Photos Of Every Woman He Has Sl.ept With — Photos / What It's Like To Live As An Unattractive Woman / My Boyfriend Said Am Too Fat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.